• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

How is our Awakening compare to others?

56 posts in this topic

Posted

That sad feeling when you list every class but Warrior, and claim that every class does a better job than Valks.

:'( Warriors don't even exist. Funny thing though, we have the same sentiment over on the Warrior forums, Everyone else does everything better than a Warrior, including Valk. The only place we excel is around 1v1, which don't matter for shit. But, atleast we have that Warrior Greatsword coming SoonTM.

Personally, though I don't think the Valk weapon is amazing, it has some really interesting moves which makes you beasts in GvG. Pulling off the pull in > Ultimate will literally win fights by a good Valk. Don't give up tbh.

your mobility and cc are better than ours. post awakening you guys are beasts though

Posted (edited)

Sure, you can block the stuns. And be a.. standing useless shield? And even with maxed cc resistances you can't walk through 3 different aoe's like nothing

As stated above, you can shield chase through stuns and then grab/cc the enemy. Or shield chase out of stun range then counter stun with shield throw or celestial spear

So basically, yeah you actually can run thorugh 3 diferrent aoe's like nothing

Edited by Ridazinator

Posted (edited)

As stated above, you can shield chase through stuns and then grab/cc the enemy. Or shield chase out of stun range then counter stun with shield throw or celestial spear

So basically, yeah you actually can run thorugh 3 diferrent aoe's like nothing

How do you stun a wizard with defence stance? Grab isnt even instant, you get cc'ed before the end of the animation and with the slows you get shield chase isnt fast enough in many cases.

Im not saying valk is bad or useless, but really not awesome for anything and other classes can do some jobs better

Remember im not talking about 1v1 or 2v2 but anything larger

Edited by Aunatar

Posted

your mobility and cc are better than ours. post awakening you guys are beasts though

Our mobility is most definitely better, I won't deny that. CC, Is debateble. Our moves are buggy as shit these days, along with desync can make CC unrealible. Our AoE stun rarely stuns, our double grab makes them get out of the second grab even quicker than the first. Our stuns have such a low stun rate it's good at times and sometimes just doesn't work. The only most reliable CC we have is Deep Thrust, which is a semi long range knockback. It's good for that use only and does some pitiful DPS. Worst thing is, is atleast you guys have burst! On an equal geared person, I have to pull off multiple CC's and take downs into my main damage combo in order to kill someone, which makes some classes nigh unbeatable when there is potions involved because my combo when they're on the floor is pretty much 1-2 potions worth of damage. Most other classes can just delete people in 1 CC, which is painful due to Valks and Warriors are supposed to be "tanky".

Ah well, we will have to see what the future brings with Awakenings, things should be shifting about quite a bit.

Posted (edited)

How do you stun a wizard with defence stance? Grab isnt even instant, you get cc'ed before the end of the animation and with the slows you get shield chase isnt fast enough in many cases.

Im not saying valk is bad or useless, but really not awesome for anything and other classes can do some jobs better

Remember im not talking about 1v1 or 2v2 but anything larger

Well than you may have other experience than me. I for myself don't really have a problem with cc cause of imunity from shield as said. If i want to engage a large distance through stun i simply shield chase out of stun range and keep chasing/charging to my target(or at least in a range where i can stun the traget), i rarely had problems with that. Well this only works for small group pvp of course, large scale pvp is a bit different. Still think valk is good cc support for large scale pvp

Edit: and yeah, never forget elions blessing.

Edited by Ridazinator

Posted

I have to pull off multiple CC's and take downs into my main damage combo in order to kill someone,

this exactly how valks fight, hope my cs lands a knockdown, engage, do my combo followed by my grab and do some more dmg and hope they die. other wise u just reset the fight and shield up while you wait for cds to up again

the big misconception about valk is that we are gods in 1v1, we really aren't. early game we definitely had an advantage (back when mediah was new), but now that most people are pushing 200+ dp on pure ap classes, its a lot harder to kill someone in 1 combo unless you straight up out gear them

1 person likes this

Posted

Well than you may have other experience than me. I for myself don't really have a problem with cc cause of imunity from shield as said. If i want to engage a large distance through stun i simply shield chase out of stun range and keep chasing/charging to my target(or at least in a range where i can stun the traget), i rarely had problems with that. Well this only works for small group pvp of course, large scale pvp is a bit different. Still think valk is good cc support for large scale pvp

Edit: and yeah, never forget elions blessing.

You are thinking into a 1v1 situation: if your group is under focus someone needs to stop the enemy witch from casting and the job can be much better done by a zerk with super armor chase+stomp. If you simply go out of range you may be the last survivor, yeah, then fighting 1v5 is gonna be a problem

this exactly how valks fight, hope my cs lands a knockdown, engage, do my combo followed by my grab and do some more dmg and hope they die. other wise u just reset the fight and shield up while you wait for cds to up again

the big misconception about valk is that we are gods in 1v1, we really aren't. early game we definitely had an advantage (back when mediah was new), but now that most people are pushing 200+ dp on pure ap classes, its a lot harder to kill someone in 1 combo unless you straight up out gear them

True, valk is a really balanced class in a game made of unbalanced classes

Posted

Between equal players, if a Valk was to CC someone, and then do their combo, how much HP does that person lose? for Warriors ATM you're looking at they lose about 30% HP in one CC>Dmg combo roughly on an equally geared opponent. Maybe more.

Posted

Between equal players, if a Valk was to CC someone, and then do their combo, how much HP does that person lose? for Warriors ATM you're looking at they lose about 30% HP in one CC>Dmg combo roughly on an equally geared opponent. Maybe more.

if I land both my cc and my grab and am able to complete my rotation without missing anything then most likely they are going die tbh or at least >30%. but this rarely happens, between kd and grapple resist the odds of my getting both are probably >50%. on top of desynch (where I grab someone and smash them on the ground and all of a sudden they're pushing my shit in behind me while im mid rotation) its not very reliable at all. if they don't die then the fight resets or they run away because I have absolutely 0 chance of catching any class.

vs warriors 90% of the fights end in stale mate where we just both beat the shit out of each other for 10 minutes before saying good fight and part ways lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

if I land both my cc and my grab and am able to complete my rotation without missing anything then most likely they are going die tbh or at least >30%. but this rarely happens, between kd and grapple resist the odds of my getting both are probably >50%. on top of desynch (where I grab someone and smash them on the ground and all of a sudden they're pushing my shit in behind me while im mid rotation) its not very reliable at all. if they don't die then the fight resets or they run away because I have absolutely 0 chance of catching any class.

vs warriors 90% of the fights end in stale mate where we just both beat the shit out of each other for 10 minutes before saying good fight and part ways lol.

the bolded part, so true.

Posted

Do you play on Jordine EU?

I can bring a Valk who has pretty much PRI gear everything and will smash anyone or any class you can bring. He knows how to play it's as simple as that.

I'm not the person you were responding to there, but....

Valk doesn't have a particularly high "skill cap."  Sure, most players are bad at the game, but Valk is a relatively easy class to get a solid grasp on.  Quite frankly, part of the reason i'm swapping to warrior when awakenings hit is that Valk is too simple/easy to master.

Valk isn't one of the least played classes because the people that played them don't know how to play, it is one of the least played classes because it gets progressively more useless as the playerbase gets better gear and as the size of engagements increases.

1 person likes this

Posted

LOL u people are crazy...

Posted

LOL u people are crazy...

ITT: undergeared Valks, unskilled Valks, and people reading too much into KR hearsay.

Posted

^ No BDO doesn't have "Misinfornation", it has INTENTIONAL LACK OF TRANSPARENCY as a "design choice".  .... just like some immature idiots on Deviant Art who draw things wrong and then say "but it's my style".  Pearly Abyss manages Balance so terribly and with such poor Transparency because they claim it makes the Meta-game harder to decipher and take longer to min max.   But the exact opposite happens when everything is set up so that Balance is hard to discuss.  You instead end up very inconsistent balance that your own Designers can't even test properly on the inside;  and then on the outside you get little Enclaves of ridiculously dedicated minmaxxers who figure everything out instantly and then keep it a secret from everyone else until their Meta dominates all of the competition and then it never gets addressed in time b/c PA doesn't want to talk honestly about any of it

The misinformation comes from intentional lack of transparency and the devs wanting you to find out shit yourself which is made near impossible due to their obsession with RNG in every mechanic. So yes what i'm talking about is misinformation being spread by the players about the game and there is a shit ton of it.

Posted

i like how ppl often brings up that one video where a class kills a group and have absolutely no doubt that everyone was on equal grounds. Shall i bring up the vid where a lvl 55 valk pked 10 ppl grinding at catfish to prove to you valks are op then?

Posted (edited)

i like how ppl often brings up that one video where a class kills a group and have absolutely no doubt that everyone was on equal grounds. Shall i bring up the vid where a lvl 55 valk pked 10 ppl grinding at catfish to prove to you valks are op then?

Bro you don't need a video, valkyrie awakening is amazing for large scale fights. That much is a given, just based on her abilities.

Edited by Sliferx

Posted

People have said that Valk is one of the best 1v1 classes, and that the Awakening makes it one of the best GvG classes, so I don't know what the ----- to make out of it all. Right now, the biggest benefit to maining a Valkyrie is that we're arguably the most balanced class. So, we can just sit back, grab some popcorn, and watch all the QQing in the forums by virtually every other class that will eventually get nerfed.

Posted

That sad feeling when you list every class but Warrior, and claim that every class does a better job than Valks.

:'( Warriors don't even exist. Funny thing though, we have the same sentiment over on the Warrior forums, Everyone else does everything better than a Warrior, including Valk. The only place we excel is around 1v1, which don't matter for shit. But, atleast we have that Warrior Greatsword coming SoonTM.

Personally, though I don't think the Valk weapon is amazing, it has some really interesting moves which makes you beasts in GvG. Pulling off the pull in > Ultimate will literally win fights by a good Valk. Don't give up tbh.

I would put Warrior as being the best survability because they can not only tank but get the hell out of dodge if they get low HP, and only a few classes can actually chase down a Warrior, whereas Valk, if youre tanking and get low, youre most likely going to just die because you dont have that sick Warrior mobility. However, id say Sorc right now has more survivability than any other class because of the iframes and desync that go hand in hand.

Posted

I would put Warrior as being the best survability because they can not only tank but get the hell out of dodge if they get low HP, and only a few classes can actually chase down a Warrior, whereas Valk, if youre tanking and get low, youre most likely going to just die because you dont have that sick Warrior mobility. However, id say Sorc right now has more survivability than any other class because of the iframes and desync that go hand in hand.

I would argue "tanky" is not the right word really. We have mobility, correct, which is great. But it doesn't matter in the end, because we all die in 1 CC anyways to Rangers, Sorcs, Zerkers and so on. The only thing Warriors truly have over other classes is that mobility. I'm still not sure how it works for Valks, but unless we have Kite Shield, our block melts in mere seconds.

Posted

I would argue "tanky" is not the right word really. We have mobility, correct, which is great. But it doesn't matter in the end, because we all die in 1 CC anyways to Rangers, Sorcs, Zerkers and so on. The only thing Warriors truly have over other classes is that mobility. I'm still not sure how it works for Valks, but unless we have Kite Shield, our block melts in mere seconds.

Our shield block is the very same, with these amounts of AP around even my Ulti Kite Uber Enchanted Shield goes ka-boom in a sec if I idiotically stay still.

Dodge is the key to proficiently tank, and on this side, Warrior's movibility helps a lot. Indeed it's not being tanky, but higher movibility grants  higher survivability. 

Posted

Our shield block is the very same, with these amounts of AP around even my Ulti Kite Uber Enchanted Shield goes ka-boom in a sec if I idiotically stay still.

Dodge is the key to proficiently tank, and on this side, Warrior's movibility helps a lot. Indeed it's not being tanky, but higher movibility grants  higher survivability. 

I think my main issue with the word tank for the Warrior is that we tend to only be tanky when using our block. I would not add dodging to tankiness, but I would definitely add it to survivability. In guild wars, I find for Warriors our main problem is that we are just not a threat. Like, we don't do any damage, we don't have any meaningful CC that works except for Deep Thrust which is a knockback. You can pretty much ignore Warriors (unless they heavily out gear you.) What's it like for Valks in GvG?

Posted (edited)

What's it like for Valks in GvG?

Valk in GvG is pretty useless atm compare to the other classes; changes with awakening 

Edited by Acover

Posted

I think my main issue with the word tank for the Warrior is that we tend to only be tanky when using our block. I would not add dodging to tankiness, but I would definitely add it to survivability. In guild wars, I find for Warriors our main problem is that we are just not a threat. Like, we don't do any damage, we don't have any meaningful CC that works except for Deep Thrust which is a knockback. You can pretty much ignore Warriors (unless they heavily out gear you.) What's it like for Valks in GvG?

well BDO tank concept is non canonical ^^, this is one of the few things I think most of the players agree.

Valks in GvG is neither good nor bad, in the ends it always depends on gear score and numbers. Before enchant cap raise, being full DP and tagging with an high AP mate was a killing move, now it has become less viable. In the end, now it's safer to kill faster...

Posted

Valk in GvG is pretty useless atm compare to the other classes; changes with awakening 

how so?

Posted

Sure, you can block the stuns. And be a.. standing useless shield? And even with maxed cc resistances you can't walk through 3 different aoe's like nothing

Use your shield dashes to cruise around the battlefield while invulnerable.