• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Help with berserker farming

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So pre-patch I was able to farm in Valencia pretty readily if not a little slowly with pri/duo armor and a duo weapon.

I read through the threads and tried @Surrender  suggested method of farming for Crescents etc but the incoming damage even from the mobs at Bandits in Valencia had me uneasy and sometimes getting hammered to a fraction of my health before I could get the 4th part of my chain off and if I didn't stun/knockdown/etc the mobs they were tearing me up.

I don't know if I am doing the rotation wrong or starting my combo off wrong but even if my damage output is better I'm taking more damage (ie ending up with less health) than before and making it impractical to farm even for guild missions on the easier mobs.  Squishier green mobs don't seem to be an issue and I do have +5 hit from gear + duo bhegs gloves so I don't think hit should be the issue.

Anyone have thoughts or opinions on farming with the new changes?

Posted

Well i have no idea what problem most people have. I guess it's mainly a gear difference even tho my gear is average at 160/250 or the fact that people only use spin all day. I wasnt even using HP awakening before the last patch. Stopped using it like 3 weeks ago. I rarely ever get hit unless there are mobs that can't be CC'ed. At crescent the only mobs that should be able to deal dmg are the jumping mobs but it's easy to dodge the jumps and with 100% knockdown resist they are trash just like the small mobs. Other than that everything is perma cc'ed/bound/knocked down and dead in 2 seconds.

1 person likes this

Posted

Maybe this video can help you how to spin and do your rotation.

It's duo armor with tri liverto. runs pretty ok even with gamepad. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The solution is getting duo or tri armor and circling with evasion fd. 

Posted

I didn't try Cresent before spin nerf, so I can't really compare it to before... I still use spin primarily, as one of the main reasons I took zerker was the simple grind, while more effective, I really don't want to pay attention and do all the inputs to FD/FS spam, despite it being more effective... regardless I didn't have any trouble at Cresent, spinning is a little more dangerous, you can't quickly evasion out of a belly flop, but as long as you spin on a couple groups that don't have guardians when you get to 1/2 HP it's fine... spin nerf just makes you have to spin on 2 or 3 non-guardian groups to get your HP back instead of 1

I did do some FD/FS/Eva just using spin for HP recover farming there to, it's more effective, but more annoying. XP isn't my focus right now, but when it does become my focus eventually, Cresent is probably where I'll be... harder than pirate, little better XP

Posted

Well i have no idea what problem most people have. I guess it's mainly a gear difference even tho my gear is average at 160/250 or the fact that people only use spin all day. I wasnt even using HP awakening before the last patch. Stopped using it like 3 weeks ago. I rarely ever get hit unless there are mobs that can't be CC'ed. At crescent the only mobs that should be able to deal dmg are the jumping mobs but it's easy to dodge the jumps and with 100% knockdown resist they are trash just like the small mobs. Other than that everything is perma cc'ed/bound/knocked down and dead in 2 seconds.

yeah that's quite a bit more ap than me so that could be it and the hp on spin was proably letting me bully my way through it before.  I did start a few months after everyone else, guess I have a little more work to do

Posted

Maybe this video can help you how to spin and do your rotation.

It's duo armor with tri liverto. runs pretty ok even with gamepad. 

So you're doing BWS, and it's rooting them in place?   Can you link your tree?  Very curious how you're doing this.

Posted

So you're doing BWS, and it's rooting them in place?   Can you link your tree?  Very curious how you're doing this.

It´s the kick.

Posted (edited)

does it matter if it's FD, or BWS, before you do the kick (F) to root them?

My general cycle is FD -> BWS -> Spin (neglecting kick altogether)

Need to fix my cycle.

Thanks for the info :D

Edited by DunesVladHarkonnen

Posted (edited)

does it matter if it's FD, or BWS, before you do the kick (F) to root them?

My general cycle is FD -> BWS -> Spin (neglecting kick altogether)

Need to fix my cycle.

Thanks for the info :D

FD-FS flow-kick spin to the back should work better, especially for groups. BWS is a strong filler but hb-fs-evasion is arguably better for groups, hb-fs can be chained with evasion to get behind and followed up by fd-fs in the back and repeat while spin is on cooldown.

You can kick afer FD-fs, you can do evasion-kick (especially in pvp) and you can kick after bws. You can kick after hb, you can do evasion-hb(ultimate needed?not sure about that)-kick.

You can add kneekick to kick in many occasions to knockdown, but some mob cannot be kd´ed. You can have quaking fury to add bound, maybe that´s part of what we see in the video. I wasnt at the spot for longer than 15minutes with axe skills so i don´t know for 100%sure how they react.

FD=double smash, exclusively of course.

PS: and if this is too many keys/actions you can always get a gamepad and a horse to play wizard shift-lmb all the time.

Edited by iloveKuchen
2 people like this

Posted

its a simple stomb after bws!

Posted (edited)

hmm this is helpful, thanks.  here have some likes

Edited by Ironjaw

Posted

How do u get 100% knockdown resist? i only get 80 % with Gems

Posted

How do u get 100% knockdown resist? i only get 80 % with Gems

http://bddatabase.net/us/item/11715/ using this with gems puts you at 100% resist

Posted

Ah ok then i cant use ancient set

Posted

FD/stomp -> bws/stomp* -> smack/undertaker -> fd/stomp/fs kills most average players in 1v1s, above avg skill players require corpse storm/undertaker

*you don't have to wait for the BWS animation to finish in order to stomp, you can stomp as soon as you actually do the BWS animation

big groups of ppl I do: lava pierce/stomp -> ulti tyrant -> fd/stomp/fd/stomp -> bws/stomp... they should all be dead by the 2nd fd stomp (because the others in your party will pick them off or if you have a high AP build, you will kill them all)

now if the above doesn't work then you need to: shift + a +lmb -> hb/kick/evade and focus on their witch

Posted (edited)

FD-FS flow-kick spin to the back should work better, especially for groups. BWS is a strong filler but hb-fs-evasion is arguably better for groups, hb-fs can be chained with evasion to get behind and followed up by fd-fs in the back and repeat while spin is on cooldown.

You can kick afer FD-fs, you can do evasion-kick (especially in pvp) and you can kick after bws. You can kick after hb, you can do evasion-hb(ultimate needed?not sure about that)-kick.

You can add kneekick to kick in many occasions to knockdown, but some mob cannot be kd´ed. You can have quaking fury to add bound, maybe that´s part of what we see in the video. I wasnt at the spot for longer than 15minutes with axe skills so i don´t know for 100%sure how they react.

FD=double smash, exclusively of course.

PS: and if this is too many keys/actions you can always get a gamepad and a horse to play wizard shift-lmb all the time.

Very much appreciate the info.

Was testing it last night and I can tell the mobs are just standing around looking dumb while I cut them apart.   Was simply adding in an 'F' (Storming Beast) into the rotation.

I got lazy doing FD double smash and then spin to win exclusively.   The HP changes on spin to win is forcing me to actually learn my class :P   First mastering PvE...then testing my moves for PvP.   (Got a sweet video from Skullflower on that.)

Again thanks!   ZERKER <3

Edited by DunesVladHarkonnen
1 person likes this

Posted

https://www.twitch.tv/pyroamos/v/81104712

has solo cresent front platforms (hardest spot, can get 4 guardians at once), starts at 6:58:30 goes for a while including a nighttime... duo armor tri weap. couple close calls when I had 4 guardians chain stunning. Theres some 4 man cresent at 1:33:00 and some duo with warrior at 5:25:00 but theres not much to pickup from that other than cresent is a duo at most area, its hard to find a loop you don't outkill respawn with 2 and 4 is just massive overkill.

Posted

https://www.twitch.tv/pyroamos/v/81104712

has solo cresent front platforms (hardest spot, can get 4 guardians at once), starts at 6:58:30 goes for a while including a nighttime... duo armor tri weap. couple close calls when I had 4 guardians chain stunning. Theres some 4 man cresent at 1:33:00 and some duo with warrior at 5:25:00 but theres not much to pickup from that other than cresent is a duo at most area, its hard to find a loop you don't outkill respawn with 2 and 4 is just massive overkill.

I get similar results with similar gear, HP regen doesn't look useless for your toon either. I imagine that if (depends on my luck on boss armor:D) u had try armor, u could grind with very few potions even at those hard (on our version not so much) spots.

Posted

yeah, been saving my armor stones for boss armor... I have giath/rednose right now, if I can get those to tri with >70dura before I get another piece i'll duo some heve boots/gloves and replace grunil, but that's a lot of memory frags in the future. I don't really want to invest in grunil/heve past duo though, unless i'm doing some failstacking for tet weapon or something.

Posted

so..is the hp heal from claw scar fixed or?

Posted (edited)

BWS really deals a shitton of down-dmg and this should be your bread n' butter skill now. Thats how I do it: pull a pack, grab some mob and do an undertaker which knocks down better Quaking Fury and has huge knockdown range then just do a BWS once or twice - everything will be dead before they even manage to stand up and you will be left with "the fatties". Its ESPECIALLY effective on Cadry Ruins guys (those stuns are hell for melee classes).

Use RT as a filler skill (or use it if your other hand is busy while grinding).

If you are having problems or if you are lazy littl' giant - cough up some dough and get yourself Grim Soul Reaper Elixirs and upgrade it to [party] version (lasts 13 minutes that way).

Edited by Sveyn

Posted

yeah, been saving my armor stones for boss armor... I have giath/rednose right now, if I can get those to tri with >70dura before I get another piece i'll duo some heve boots/gloves and replace grunil, but that's a lot of memory frags in the future. I don't really want to invest in grunil/heve past duo though, unless i'm doing some failstacking for tet weapon or something.

I don´t want to either, but i know that i will need failstacks, not only for TET but more reasonably to get easy 35-45failstacks for DUO/TRI so u will most likely TRI your gear while u TRI your boss armor:D

Posted

FD/stomp -> bws/stomp* -> smack/undertaker -> fd/stomp/fs kills most average players in 1v1s, above avg skill players require corpse storm/undertaker

*you don't have to wait for the BWS animation to finish in order to stomp, you can stomp as soon as you actually do the BWS animation

big groups of ppl I do: lava pierce/stomp -> ulti tyrant -> fd/stomp/fd/stomp -> bws/stomp... they should all be dead by the 2nd fd stomp (because the others in your party will pick them off or if you have a high AP build, you will kill them all)

now if the above doesn't work then you need to: shift + a +lmb -> hb/kick/evade and focus on their witch

Why do you stomp so much?

Posted (edited)

Why do you stomp so much?

1. All the good to great Giants do it

2. Animation cancel

3. Extra damage

4. Stuns target for a good 2-3 seconds

And something else. But it's a secret my 5th reason. I'll let you figure it out.

Edited by Drafun