• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Awakened Ranger vs Tamer

24 posts in this topic

Posted

demotivational tamer video of the year...

Posted

Yes it is. I can't understand why Rangers are so higher than every other class.

They are best PVE class, best mass pvp-siege class and after awakenings best 1vs1 class.

Pre awakening we have to get close try to CC and kill them. After awakening they are strong even in close combat.

Posted

Guys this Ranger is not your normal ranger, he is rank 1 pvp raiting, he plays exceptionally well like maybee 0,1% of all the Rangers out there. So not the right guy to measure the matchup overall :D

5 people like this

Posted

As a tamer you should destroy ranger easily... at least before awakening.

You got dash and fast movement ranger use all stam and mana just to get away with  Q cancel camera lock... and 2 dash you are on him.

Tamer got LOT but Lot of CC you have a really good iframe etc.

Ranger got Burst. Shittiest Iframe  easy to counter you see it coming. 2 CC 1 KD that never work or fail 90% of the time. and 1  on a 12 sec cd  and need to be next to you to work.

At equal Ap tamer got better burst cause  when you attack its on KD target so more dmg and 100% crit.

Well on this my point is if you can't beat a same geared or lower geared  ranger on tamer...  practice cause you are not made to play a tamer. 

Yes i am a ranger and  pretty much all good tamer and tamer i know will approve what i said that tamer   is killing ranger on same skill same gear

Posted (edited)

By time a Tamer gets into a geared and experienced rangers face they are stunlocked and shotgunned to death. Now with this nearly useless pet due  to recent patch makes it harder to use as a meat shield for arrows. not to mention the 2 minute CD on Heilang after ress from death making the tamer even more useless in sustained fights.

Edited by Kagare

Posted

Guys this Ranger is not your normal ranger, he is rank 1 pvp raiting, he plays exceptionally well like maybee 0,1% of all the Rangers out there. So not the right guy to measure the matchup overall :D

exactly what i said to myself after the first minute of watching lol. that ranger is highly skilled.

Posted

i believe the best class against rangers will be berserker

Posted

i believe the best class against rangers will be berserker

well there are vids of him killing zerk,ranger,and every other class. This guy is insanely skill. Glad to see that after awakening skill ceilings is through the roof.

1 person likes this

Posted

such a troll post.

Posted

well there are vids of him killing zerk,ranger,and every other class. This guy is insanely skill. Glad to see that after awakening skill ceilings is through the roof.

Yet interestingly enough, he is using a very small number of skills and always in the same combination. There's still skill in using them positionally and he maintains a high pace of play in general.

Still, I think both rangers and wizards are the most ridiculously designed classes. They take no risk compared to melee (like us), yet they do the most damage. They are also the easiest classes to play. It's like PA wanted to give people a couple of easy one-button smash win classes.

Posted

such a troll post.

Why is it a troll post Kuu?
Without awakened status we need skill as tamers to kill ranger if we manage to CCchain them and stay in close range.

After awakened status Ranger melee damage is insane too, so it is an impossible matchup when we talk about equally geared and skilled people.

Posted (edited)

Well on this my point is if you can't beat a same geared or lower geared  ranger on tamer...  practice cause you are not made to play a tamer. 

Yes i am a ranger and  pretty much all good tamer and tamer i know will approve what i said that tamer   is killing ranger on same skill same gear

You just posted this video to the Ranger forum to ask how to Q cancel because you didn't understand what you were seeing in the video. Spare us your "Insight".

Yet interestingly enough, he is using a very small number of skills and always in the same combination.

Yes he really doesn't show any signs of responding or reacting to anything that happens in the fight other than the Tamer jumping into melee range, but that doesn't really reflect badly on him as a player, it's just the way Ranger works. They have a fairly simple routine to follow because they don't play like an Action Combat style class at all. Their active defence options are minimal, and they can continually deal damage while moving in open play without having to create a specific "opening" like every other class in the game. Other classes can be mobile, or they can deal damage, but only Ranger gets to do both at once. Giving the greatest attack mobility to the ranged class in a game full of restricted melee is a bizzare design, only offset by the fact that most melee can just about touch-of-death them on a good CC hit.

Edited by TeoH
4 people like this

Posted

You just posted this video to the Ranger forum to ask how to Q cancel because you didn't understand what you were seeing in the video. Spare us your "Insight".

Yes he really doesn't show any signs of responding or reacting to anything that happens in the fight other than the Tamer jumping into melee range, but that doesn't really reflect badly on him as a player, it's just the way Ranger works. They have a fairly simple routine to follow because they don't play like an Action Combat style class at all. Their active defence options are minimal, and they can continually deal damage while moving in open play without having to create a specific "opening" like every other class in the game. Other classes can be mobile, or they can deal damage, but only Ranger gets to do both at once. Giving the greatest attack mobility to the ranged class in a game full of restricted melee is a bizzare design, only offset by the fact that most melee can just about touch-of-death them on a good CC hit.

Nope dmg from q-canceling is mininal. From the vid the tamer die because he aggressively chase the ranger. Tamer uses cc, ranger uses iframe dodge his cc and return a cc of his own. Kd them and just shotgun them. The player he fighting against has bad reaction time and bad timing.

Posted (edited)

Nope dmg from q-canceling is mininal. From the vid the tamer die because he aggressively chase the ranger. Tamer uses cc, ranger uses iframe dodge his cc and return a cc of his own. Kd them and just shotgun them. The player he fighting against has bad reaction time and bad timing.

No that's how you kinda fight in a duel because an awaken ranger still retains the range skill to harass people who stay passive.

Most awaken classes have block so it's a bit of a stand off, but it's still in the best interest of a class to get close and personal to a ranger, due to the dagger ranger animations not on par with the bow.

The problem is on a high skill level, it can go either way in a dog fight. If this video was 20minutes, we would see a bigger picture.

An awaken tamer vs an awaken ranger real battle would include many stand offs, with both side sizing up the distance between a tamer's distance for instant explosive gap closer, vs a ranger's distance to keep one step away, and find an opening to feint.

This is basically a troll video of a top pvper-semi instructional video cherry picked for viewing purposes. The tamer shows nothing but a few seconds of engagement, which does nothing but troll a tamer sub forum.

This really should goto the ranger forums, and stop trolling. It shows nothing of tamers, except a punching bag.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

Don't forget, curently ranger (also war) are op class with awakening, just look at the damage, it's just insane. When all classes will get their awakening, there will be a patch to balance that.

Posted

As a tamer you should destroy ranger easily... at least before awakening.

You got dash and fast movement ranger use all stam and mana just to get away with  Q cancel camera lock... and 2 dash you are on him.

Tamer got LOT but Lot of CC you have a really good iframe etc.

Ranger got Burst. Shittiest Iframe  easy to counter you see it coming. 2 CC 1 KD that never work or fail 90% of the time. and 1  on a 12 sec cd  and need to be next to you to work.

At equal Ap tamer got better burst cause  when you attack its on KD target so more dmg and 100% crit.

You are a bad ranger then. When you reach 210+ ap threshold the tamer won't be able to catch up in time, aswell as having 60% resist on knockdown and stun/stiffness will make you miss the first cc that you heavily rely on. I can show you a link of the fights we did yesterday if you want.

Posted

this is a joke , right? ranger is one of the easiest matchups for me and the only way they ever do shit is if they desync their ass off which they don't have in KR 

that tamer just sucks balls through and through, you don't even need awakening weapon to kill ranger 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I think the distinction is no-pot duels vs an actual fight.

Tamer is guaranteed to take damage closing in on a Ranger, and then relies on landing a couple of CC into a combo to kill the Ranger off. You can fail CCs because of resists, you can miss stuff that looks like it should have hit on a Q cancel because of normal latency, and you can succesfully land something on a Ranger during the Q cancel movement and then be unable to followup because the movement causes them to desync. If a couple of your CC skills fail for one reason or another, you're cooldown limited and now have fewer options. Worst case scenario you land a Trample, then have grab fail because the downed position is wrong on the server, the Ranger then stands up with no damage taken, 3 seconds of CC immunity and your grab is on cooldown.

If you're a silly glass cannon build, and you're fighting a no-pot duel in an arena, and the above happens, you're then -----ed. If you're semi-tanky, in the open world and using pots, then you just turn around and disengage, come back a few seconds later with a full stick of butter and kill the Ranger in one combo. Tamer has the edge in a real fight because they have the damage potential to actually finish it, while a Ranger kiting backwards can't do much to stop you from just turning around and leaving.

Awakening might change that around.

Edited by TeoH

Posted (edited)

I do hope people realise that a) He is insanely skilled that ranger, b) he has good gear and c) he has tons of buffs to use.

I am pretty sure Tamer will be fine, that tamer was kind of lack luster in her approach on him, and we have no idea on the gear/player behind it.

Edited by Eollyn

Posted

ill correct it... pre awaken you shit on rangers...  Tamer post awaken lose alot of mobility. while ranger gains more mobility and cc, as you can see in the video when tamer gets close ranger swaps to awaken and shuts him down.  If the tamer were to block the ranger would just fall back and continue with bow.
You have no clue what you are talking about.

Also that ranger is the best in KR if its the one im thinking of.

how the hell do you lose mobility if you can just use your shortsword even post awakening? 

..-----ing forum warriors with their logic man

if the ranger swaps and runs u know what im gonna do? Im gonna run too, nobody is forcing me to fight anybody for any reason whatso-----ing ever. What do you do vs plum/blader right now as tamer? If they come close you fight, if they run you don't bother because you can't catch a good one so whats gonna change with that? I'll pot up and wait until the ranger fails and gets cced and gets 1shotted

but sure man you're free to send rangers after awakening to beat me (without severely outgearing me) so i can have a good laugh, probably wont even need to swap to awakening weapon ( provided there arent many defensive items coming with awakening which i dont think there are so damage should stay as it is now - as in - me onecomboing every ranger in existence) 

1 person likes this

Posted

Just like in the video.

if that tamer wasnt retarded he would just spam forward iframe with shortsword then cc the ranger with surging tide from medium/any distance (he got that close so many times) *while blocking everything the ranger is doing* then proceed to 1combo him

alternatively the tamer could just iframe while the ranger is spamming random shit then do scratch cc and 1combo him

and thats just with the shortsword and both of these would've worked if the tamer did them like seriously i just rewatched the vid and the tamer gets in close so many times he could land literally every 2nd shortsword skill cc if he tried to but instead hes using some random shitty staff skill that isnt even a cc and dies in animation lock like wtf? 

also that tamer is probably full AP and hes going vs ranged full ap so its somewhat normal for this to happen (it happens in every game where glass cannon meets glass cannon).. altho i suppose we can blame nouver for that, this offhand is such a dumb concept i was gonna make a thread to complain about it since full AP only benefits certain classes and tamer is definitely not one of them so as tamer you're forced to gimp yourself with nouver or to gimp yourself by using an inferior offhand(that gives less stats than nouver does) so how about we dont get nouver in our version @CM_Aethon because that shit promotes unhealthy imbalanced pvp, please?

and as i said i rewatched the vid,i got so triggered because i hate ranger sounds so much with passion like seriously that screaming and shouting is pissing me off so hard. Im more used to hearing rangers die instead. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 

disgusting class.

I think the only thing awakenings will do is give more chance to more skilled rangers to beat worse tamers but it probably wont tilt the matchup that much, dont quote me on that when the time comes tho.. im just basing this on what ive seen 

thing is that our versions are different and most importantly we have ridiculous desync which is the main problem with tamers left right now (along with rng resists and some others) so watching these videos is pointless because all we should care about is how awakening weps interact with desync (some might do great and some might suck) 

1 person likes this

Posted

An awaken tamer has massive staying power and probably the hardest rush to stop out of the classes. An awaken ranger has the best disengagement short of pulling a blader move.
 Anyone who says an awaken tamer lacks mobility is just plain talking out of his..

A better played awakened tamer would have pro-level the gap closer distance and get a KO attempt out of it, or at least disenage if it fails. A pro level ranger like this one, would capitalize  on the miss attempt, after the baiting succeed.

The video is very...how do you say it "casual?" in that both sides I think doesn't really care about the outcome of the battle so much. The tamer is a punch bag, that's all their is to it.

Posted

Well to the guys who said i dont know how to Q cancel maybe you didnt saw that i was asking  why he was going Q cancel twice as fast as most ppl and the reason is   Sword awakening skill i didnt know about that give 30% :)  sorry for not knowing every skill that we dont have yet :D but still if you  loose to ranger atm as a  equal geared tamer you just bad its a fact sorry

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0