• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The Crafting Market is basicly gone

66 posts in this topic

Posted

The price drop is 40% nearly 50% of the total item value of the most popular items. What exactly did the Value Pack better and not worse?

Jubre Talisman from 196k has reduced it's MAX price to 141k today, which is nuts and never happened before.

Yuria Staff is down 35-40% constantly during the day, changes only very late during the night time

Vangertz Shield is drifting around 100k and basicly not worth sellable atm

No idea about clothes or tools, feel free to share

Since the item is (soon) purchasable, will this and therefor continue or is there any drastic change about it on the near horizon @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon

Edit: typo will this and therefor.. is this being kept and therefor continue*

Posted

In b4 ppl who bought a max runescape account and bragged to their friends in gradeschool pop in here saying they deserve more silver for supporting Daum 

2 people like this

Posted

The price drop is 40% nearly 50% of the total item value of the most popular items. What exactly did the Value Pack better and not worse?

Jubre Talisman from 196k has reduced it's MAX price to 141k today, which is nuts and never happened before.

Yuria Staff is down 35-40% constantly during the day, changes only very late during the night time

Since the item is (soon) purchasable, will this and therefor continue or is there any drastic change about it on the near horizon @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon

I'm genuinly asking what's the correlation between VP, and some crafting item's price dropping.

3 people like this

Posted

I'm genuinly asking what's the correlation between VP, and some crafting item's price dropping.

more money from sales = people with vp can undercut and still make profit and kill market for people without VP 

5 people like this

Posted

I don't understand why there are so many complaints regarding crafting/professions. You do know that this is a Action MMORPG, I am astounded that some people spend most of their day "crafting" or doing other none fighting activities. Go play the game as intended, move out of the safe zone and kill stuff. I have been playing since beta and has never touched a single profession, yet I am far wealthier in terms of silver and much higher lv and geared than "crafters". This is intended, because crafting is intended to be a distraction, not a way to live your life on bdo.

Posted (edited)

The easy to make clothes (alchemist, fisher, craftsman) prices had been going down before the value pack, but now they're ridiculously cheap.

I don't really mind it TBH, I'm making more money selling items that are usually out of stock (their prices don't fluctuate nearly as badly) and I can buy things I need for cheap.

shrug

Edited by Anemone
1 person likes this

Posted

I don't understand why there are so many complaints regarding crafting/professions. You do know that this is a Action MMORPG, I am astounded that some people spend most of their day "crafting" or doing other none fighting activities. Go play the game as intended, move out of the safe zone and kill stuff. I have been playing since beta and has never touched a single profession, yet I am far wealthier in terms of silver and much higher lv and geared than "crafters". This is intended, because crafting is intended to be a distraction, not a way to live your life on bdo.

tons of ppl play this game for noncombat elements. Tons of ppl play MMOs in general for non combat elements. I know ppl that have been playing this game for months ONLY for the character creator. They don't even get to the actual game. 

7 people like this

Posted

"my play style is the only valid one and if yours isn't the same you're playing wrong"

you do realize how absolutely silly and ridiculous that sounds, don't you?  

What people enjoy doing in BDO is subjective, stop trying to force your opinion as if its a fact. 

21 people like this

Posted

yeah they put so much detail in crafting so people could spend their time not doing it 

4 people like this

Posted (edited)

Your experience with a few items on your server doesn't mean that the crafting market is dead or dying in any way.

Here's how a few of the items you listed look on my server. Vangertz, unsellable? They're almost sold out. Jubre at ~60% of it's max price? It's sold out, and will soon be posted back at it's max price (if I was to make a prediction).

bda79c4a2edf530d350b984ede3d024a.png

5fc858dfe98c4f07b72d07ea7982caf4.png

Edited by Ayl
3 people like this

Posted

Different people play differently. Enjoy the game the way you like and let others do the same. I don't understand why there are so many people that don't get this. It's like empathy is being bred out of humanity or something.

Posted

Your experience with a few items on your server doesn't mean that the crafting market is dead or dying in any way.

Lets not kid ourselves.

1 person likes this

Posted

It would be my guess that things like yuria staff and such are much less sought after now with alot of people moving onto liverto and no longer needed them to repair the durability, same as any of the other gear, we will get to a point i assume were some of these things are just needed less, take a look at a yuria shortsword though. Its constantly selling at max with the demand of the new ninjas, which last i saw was still over 300k per.

Also as people get more energy as they play longer and make more alts have extra energy to just play the amity game. Such as the vangertz shield, if i remember its only around 48k to get through an npc that is very easy to win at, when i needed more of the shield i just go to him and not the market and be able to buy 2-3 shields for the price of 1, and constantly able to get 180+ amity per try. 

I can see what you are going for here, and at a quick glance it could seem that way, but i believe there is alot more reasons then just the tax break, especially on items in the 200k range or less where it doesnt feel as big of a gain.

2 people like this

Posted

Lets not kid ourselves.

Check the screenshots I posted :) 

2 people like this

Posted

more money from sales = people with vp can undercut and still make profit and kill market for people without VP 

Litterally everyone has a free VP on currently, and for an entire month. 

What you see is more people than usual realizing they can make money out of craft, and as usual trashing their commodities at min price thinking they will sell faster.

Jubre Talisman is actually a great example, since it's often out of stock. Which means it's on high demand, which means people are shooting themselves in the foot by dropping the price.

Your problem is the players, not the VP. Get them to understand they have absolutely 0 actual reason to lower their selling price on items they will sell no matter what, and here you get your profits back.

Posted

Check the screenshots I posted :) 

Nice work. 

Show me them again in about three weeks. 

2 people like this

Posted

Litterally everyone has a free VP on currently, and for an entire month. 

What you see is more people than usual realizing they can make money out of craft, and as usual trashing their commodities at min price thinking they will sell faster.

Jubre Talisman is actually a great example, since it's often out of stock. Which means it's on high demand, which means people are shooting themselves in the foot by dropping the price.

Your problem is the players, not the VP. Get them to understand they have absolutely 0 actual reason to lower their selling price on items they will sell no matter what, and here you get your profits back.

the fact everyone has vp on now only further proves its effect on the market. In a bit the people without  VP will hae to deal with price as they are now with no benefits 

Posted

the fact everyone has vp on now only further proves its effect on the market. In a bit the people without  VP will hae to deal with price as they are now with no benefits 

You were telling me people with a VP are trying to undercut people without a VP.

Everyone has a VP.

So people are just foolishly undercutting each others with no external factor, as usual, hurting their own profits thinking they're playing it smart. It's nothing new.

4 people like this

Posted

...people are just foolishly undercutting each others with no external factor, as usual, hurting their own profits thinking they're playing it smart. It's nothing new.

Posted

"The crafting market" ...Haha, that's a good joke. We don't have a "crafting market", we got a random "daily roulette" market for people silly enough to craft stuff for random profit/loss..mostly loss.

Posted

You were telling me people with a VP are trying to undercut people without a VP.

Everyone has a VP.

So people are just foolishly undercutting each others with no external factor, as usual, hurting their own profits thinking they're playing it smart. It's nothing new.

prices are massively dropping now in a lot of things because you can sell cheaper for same profits, yes? We both agree to this. People rush to sell before anyone else, as usual, so thy drop prices. Currently this doesn't matter mch because everyone has a VP. But come a month from now only peope who pay will have one and prices will stay the same, people without VP can't profit off crafting anymore, people with VP are fine. Does that make more sense?

Posted

Nope, people are upgrading and selling old weapons, less interest. Greater supply, lower price.

Posted (edited)

prices are massively dropping now in a lot of things because you can sell cheaper for same profits, yes? We both agree to this. People rush to sell before anyone else, as usual, so thy drop prices. Currently this doesn't matter mch because everyone has a VP. But come a month from now only peope who pay will have one and prices will stay the same, people without VP can't profit off crafting anymore, people with VP are fine. Does that make more sense?

But tell me what would be their interest, crashing the market price by -30% or so ? Earning the exact same outcome as before but for 15€ more a month ? On items they would sell anyway ?

I'm of the opinion that if you're willing to pay 15€ a month to benefit more from your products, then you have all the more interest to preserve a high market value to benefit the most from what you sell. So this doesn't really make sense to me, and if you're telling me that's what people do, then your problem is the players being stupid.

Edited by muscarine

Posted

Basically, purchasable, therefore. Sorry had to scratch the itch.

Posted (edited)

But tell me what would be their interest, crashing the market price by -30% or so ? Earning the exact same outcome as before but for 15€ more a month ? On items they would sell anyway ?

I'm of the opinion that if you're willing to pay 15€ a month to benefit more from your products, then you have all the more interest to preserve a high market value to benefit the most from what you sell. So this doesn't really make sense to me, and if you're telling me that's what people do, then your problem is the players being stupid.

people will buy low. You can't buy hgher items anyway lol. Obviously you can turn a bigger profit from a higher price and yes you could just say I'll keep the same price as before but people still will  undercut you if they can still make a profit off it. you can say well then just undercut by a small amount but this will continue happening until people without a VP reach their lower limit for practical profits.

Yeah people are stupid but a system encouraging stupidity to rule is a stupid system.

It's not that they WANT a Vp for more profit, but need one for any profit.

Edited by Friendlyfireon