• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

The story of Sir Memory Fragment - The fading one

The importance of memory fragments   210 votes

1. 1. Would you like to see an overall increase in the number of memory fragments obtainable ingame?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 posts in this topic

Posted

The current state of the momory fragments ingame is not very pleasing. Market is always sold out and the price of ancient relic crystal shards is raising day by day. The new skill-add-on system requires them for changing your buffs and the raising number of liverto/kzarka weapons and boss gear increase the demand of memory fragments drastic. And all this issues occur now, with the nouver boss offhand and awakening weapons not even added ingame. Hence I think we need some more options to obtain those fading memory fragments. My first thought was: Why didn't they add a memory fragment bundle to the night vendor?

Any ideas and opinions are welcome. Feel free to discuss this whole subject and please keep it constuctive and polite.

Also don't refrain to tag some CM's if we get to a nice conclusion which they should see.

6 people like this

Posted

ha, anything for more fragments xD

Posted (edited)

More memory fragments are always a good thing. At least increase the drop rate from ancient relic scrolls. It's annoying to only get 1 or 2 memory fragments from the scrolls of party members. Every scroll should at least give one memory fragment.

Edited by ShadowFairy
Typo
1 person likes this

Posted

Memory Fragments off of the night vendor doesn't seem like a half-bad idea. Whether it's individual fragments, fragment bundles, or both, I'd like to see that happen. 

10 people like this

Posted

If anything return the amount of mem frags to before the nerf. 

But we dont need more, some things are ment to be rare and expencive. 

Posted

More memory fragments are always a good thing. At least increase the drop rate from ancient relic scrolls. It's annoying to only get 1 or 2 memory fragments from the scrolls of party members. Every scroll should at least give one memory fragment.

That used to be how it worked (1 guaranteed off of every scroll, opening the bundles was where RNG came in), they changed it to the system we currently have in which there's a RNG factor as to whether you get fragments from a scroll at all. However, if I recall correctly the bundles also give more than they used to, to sort of compensate for the change.

Posted (edited)

That used to be how it worked (1 guaranteed off of every scroll, opening the bundles was where RNG came in), they changed it to the system we currently have in which there's a RNG factor as to whether you get fragments from a scroll at all. However, if I recall correctly the bundles also give more than they used to, to sort of compensate for the change.

well i don't like that change xD (I didn't know that got changed tbh). They shouldnt have added more rng to the system. Those devs really love rng.

Edited by ShadowFairy

Posted

I hate farming memory fragments.  At the beginning of the game I farmed over 2000 memory fragments.  I've used them all leveling up various gear.  Any time I think about the prospect of having to sit around doing relics for memory fragments I get sick to my stomach.  I'd love another way to obtain them.  

4 people like this

Posted

I hate farming memory fragments.  At the beginning of the game I farmed over 2000 memory fragments.  I've used them all leveling up various gear.  Any time I think about the prospect of having to sit around doing relics for memory fragments I get sick to my stomach.  I'd love another way to obtain them.  

especially nowadays, you can hardly get any fragments from other ppl's scrolls... whats even the point of doing these in a group.... =_=

Posted

especially nowadays, you can hardly get any fragments from other ppl's scrolls... whats even the point of doing these in a group.... =_=

The point is that every RNG chance that you may get one saves you ~750k silver if you happen to get one. I usually manage 8-12 off of 25 scrolls (not counting the bundles of course).

Posted

The point is that every RNG chance that you may get one saves you ~750k silver if you happen to get one. I usually manage 8-12 off of 25 scrolls (not counting the bundles of course).

for some reason i get alot less than that.... :( i get about a 30% drop rate or less from other ppl's scrolls.....

Posted (edited)

They should just get rid of the rng loot you get from scrolls. Idk why they changed it, before it was perfect...1scroll=  1 passive mem fragment

Edited by Shakur

Posted

Add to the possible things we can trade in hunter seals for. 3x seals = memory fragment or whatever the devs find is reasonable.

6 people like this

Posted

They should just get rid of the rng loot you get from scrolls. Idk why they changed it, before it was perfect...1scroll=mem fragment

its because they buffed the amount of durability the fragments could repair for items other than yellow... but yea, i agree that the old drop rate was better~ the more the merrier xD

Posted

its because they buffed the amount of durability the fragments could repair for items other than yellow... but yea, i agree that the old drop rate was better~ the more the merrier xD

Buff? 50% less fragments = same for blue like liverto that now gets 2 durabilty. Way worse for yellow like kzarka or boss armor. And only an idiot uses memory fragments for green gear. On top of that the lowerd drops increase demand for shards/book so prices incease a lot. So veryone that needs to farm fragments is worse off. A clear and hard nerf all around.

Posted

Buff? 50% less fragments = same for blue like liverto that now gets 2 durabilty. Way worse for yellow like kzarka or boss armor. And only an idiot uses memory fragments for green gear. On top of that the lowerd drops increase demand for shards/book so prices incease a lot. So veryone that needs to farm fragments is worse off. A clear and hard nerf all around.

well, they did buff the amount of durability the fragment could repair for green and below items... sure its stupid to use it like that, but indeed it is a buff for those items. like i said, i support the idea of reverting the drop rate back to before.

Posted

It would be nice if fragments could just drop from enemies or be fished up instead of having to collect pieces to make a scroll to fight some horribly time-consuming bosses. I've had a warehouse packed with forbidden books and crystal shards for the past month because I just don't want to do those boring fights. 

Posted

The timing of relic scrolls take way too long for a full party with 5 scrolls each. Maybe have it so after each wave is complete the next wave immediately starts or all three waves are condensed into one? I feel like I'm waiting longer than actually fighting with each scroll that is used.

Posted

I make money off of them, so personally no I don't want more in game :c

I'd be fine with adding them to night vendor though.

Posted (edited)

I'd have to agree on that.

Relic scrolls is a dated mechanic which feels like developpers never got around to refresh. You litterally spend more time watching each boss spawn than to actually kill them. This is because it was designed around not even full +15 teams. Our version is barely a few month old, but the mechanic is outdated compared to where we stand.

This is also tied to the fact that it is much easier to collect shards than any other MF scrolls components. For every 50 ARCS i do one forbidden books scroll. And i have yet to do Valencia's one, maybe it gives a bit more MF but it doesn't matter if its components are harder to gather than ARCS.

All of this is also true for Field Bosses by the way.

The thing is, it's important to leave these mechanics in game for newer players, or at least transfer to something equivalent. But for primer players, even if you aren't top geared, it's a mendatory snoozefest. Wish they'd implement other ways to get memory frags. Not necessarily a way to get them faster but more fun and challenging'd be a good start.

Edited by muscarine

Posted

All they need to do is revert that absolute trash change they made a while back that made them RNG instead of guarenteed 1 per party scroll. That was an awful change.

Posted

i disagree,,, markets prices are dropping already cuz of value pack... actually my first income is mem frag and i do around 300M per week with them so stop crying and keep buying my frags ;)

Posted

Add to the possible things we can trade in hunter seals for. 3x seals = memory fragment or whatever the devs find is reasonable.

Not a bad idea. Although I think it would need to be 6-7 seals per fragment due to seals being worth ~100k or so. 

Posted

Not a bad idea. Although I think it would need to be 6-7 seals per fragment due to seals being worth ~100k or so. 

What? So, that means armor/weap stones should be 10+ seals by that logic LOL.

Posted

No but instead they need to do a revamp on max durability loss and max durability each memory fragment repairs based on the quality of the equips

Green - Durability loss on fail = 1, Durabilty loss on force = 2, Memory fragment repairs 10 durability

Blue - Durability loss on fail = 2, Durability loss on force = 5, Memory fragment repairs 5 durability

Yellow - Durability loss on fail = 5, Durability loss on force = 10, Memory fragment repairs 1 ~ 2 durability with a moderate chance of not repairing at all