• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Berserker Balancing

104 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey I have been playing the game since CBT1 and from my experience right now I feel Berserker are getting a bit too over powered. Before you spam in the comments that i just need to get good or my gear is shit. I currently have 229 dp and I also tried the same thing against almost every different class All of witch had tri armor. From what I saw any non tamer class will just imiditly die from a berserker just because he can grab, damage and grab. With this you will be dead before you even get out of the grab. On top of that they have so much dp that you can't do much against them. I also tried getting max grab resistance (60%). For some reason my grab resistance has no effect on breserker's grabs (Not using 10% ignore resistance). It works fine for every other class though.

If I am fighting a ninja. Sure they can kill me with 1 cc combo but I can do the same to them. It seems silly that a class can make so many mistakes and still get away with killing the opponent with one combo. Also not sure why no one else has mentioned this maybe the fact that their are so few breskers.

I think there are 2 quick solutions.

1: Lower their DP. So they get punished more for making mistakes.

2: Lower their AP. So They can't kill someone with 1 combo to counter the fact they are so tanky and if they make mistakes they are fine.

If the AP is lowered I feel like berserkers have a hard time killing people with the damage they can dish out since people will should use pots to out heal it. And if you lower bresekers DP then they might not be amazing at GvG.

For my person opinion i think breserkers AP should be lowered. Maybe not killing people with 1 grab combo but a few grabs combos. Let me know if you guys disagree with me or think its fine the way it is.

Thanks!

1 person likes this

Posted

We have been in the garbage can for the entirety of NA release, and it seems that the most recent patch has increased our damage quite a bit. I think a lot of what you are seeing is people who were dedicated to stick to an underpowered class and figured out how to compete despite being significantly weaker. Now that we are more or less balanced (a bit on the strong side), those same people have a strong advantage as they figured out many intricate combos and techniques to make the class viable when it really wasn't.

If you look around a bit on here, you will see plenty of people who have tried to reroll as zerker to hop on the "OP hype train", and have failed miserably. The class basically requires 800+ skill points, you have to actually use a huge percentage of the moves in your kit to be effective, and playing predictably will often get you stranded and you will die. I think once zerks aren't garbage tier for a month or two, people will figure out how to play against them, how to get away from dodges, and and what their strengths and weaknesses are.

Maybe we deserve a slight nerf, but I think we are pretty balanced overall right now. We still have big trouble against sorc and tamer, can do well against witch / ranger, and most other classes are typically whoever can land their cc and burst better.

9 people like this

Posted (edited)

Grab resistance, desync.

That and other classes can one combo as well and deal overall more damage. Meaning a sorc gets one kde and kills you while u need to chain three lucky boys desync grabs and take double the time or a ranger does q-cancel ftw or some wizard oneshot with meteor combo.

Berserker is currently pretty balanced and with awakening top tier but it isn't op as sorc was or as wizard Ranger are especially at pve farming (more farm more strength in pvp).

For those who play since launch they are behind a lot because for the most time other classes farmed a billion more within the same time span.

Tldr: you most likely such at dealing with berserker for your class or generally such at your class or got unlucky or your berserk opponent outclassed u.1vs1 does not matter at all,  if it does to u fine,  ----- off to complain at sorc forums.

Edited by iloveKuchen
1 person likes this

Posted

I think at this moment breserkers are far superior from sorcerers. Yes sorcerer can kill people with a cc chain but if you are expecting the same thing from a tank class then I think you need to seriously think for a second. You can't have someone so tanky do so much damage and on top of that have insane cc. Sorcerer doesn't really have a good way to get through a block beside to break it. while breserker can grab you just straight from block. If your jumping around too much they can just use stomp once and you are stiff. I would be happy if they berserkers couldn't land so many grabs right after each other. Just imagine if a wizard could permanently freeze you and deal your entire hp. I feel like right now there is no counter to it unless the tamer's pet just hits breserker making you get away. I have had alot of matches against breserkers. I basicly live in arena im not saying this just because someone beat me. I have watched so many people fight each other and for the most part every breserker always seem to win or make so many mistakes without losing much hp.

I also asked around through the server and people agree breserker will usually win any 1v1.

Also keep in mind awakening might change a lot and this might be suited for awakenings. So all of these points could be mute.

Posted

as was said here before , you need min 800 SP , high end gear , good skill build and good addons and have a lot of hours played as zerker to be really good now or so OP. Its not just zerker is now OP and wil ldestroy everything easy , usually most of my stuns and grabs are resisted but yes i have only duo gear , but perfect timing on combos and grabs and many other things you need to be really good , even if our chain combo is strong now you need very good timing for this

Look can berserker fight whole group of 5 people and win ? no so be happy it was allways sorc who could do that

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't get how something like saying you need x amount of skill points can be justified as a class being over powered or not. Every class needs those skill points lots of time playing it and good addon and high end gear. Since the game has been out for a while I would say majority of the people even has everything you mentioned. Even If breserker has way lower gear then the person he is fighting he can still win since he can just keep grabbing the person. Also you don't need amazing timing for it. as long as the person is on the floor you can grab them immediately again. compare that to other cc. If someone is on the floor they are immune to all cc even if they get up for a few seconds they are immune to cc. So the only way you can get out of the grab is if you resist or breserker decides to let you go. Like i mentioned above even with max grab resist I think breserker can usually land the grab with no issues. Maybe I am doing something wrong but after watching other people have the same issues I feel like its more of a breserker issue then me.

Edited by zeeshan595

Posted

Oh man you just came here crying on our berserker section pls go somewhere else or learn how to play i know some sorceres from KR server what play on alustin if you want i give you contact , they havent got those issues you mentioned and they kill me everytime in arena without problem. They can explain how to play now without your OP buffs you had before

3 people like this

Posted

I haven't read previous replies.

Honestly, you just need to get good. Period.

Giants have to land a lot of different combos in order to kill someone -- this is still the case. The difference today from before are:

1- Very few Giants still play, the ones that do play Giant as their main

2- Therefore, the majority of Giants tend to be ABOVE AVERAGE at their class in comparison to other classes.

3- Point of the story is that Giants are not over powered at all. It actually takes a lot of skill to play them effectively.

3 people like this

Posted

Why do you need 800 SP? I do just fine with 650.

Posted

QQ.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you need 800 SP? I do just fine with 650.

because this, very roughly i didnt have time to be carefull, is a about what you really need: http://bddatabase.net/us/skillcalc/8491

On top of that there is some skills that having them will make you a lot more versatile.

Also, getting the sp is so easy, going for 850shouldnt take long so its what people recommend.

Posted

"Hey I have been playing the game since CBT1 and from my experience right now I feel Berserker are getting a bit too over powered. Before you spam in the comments that i just need to get good or my gear is shit. I currently have 229 dp and I also tried the same thing against almost every different class All of witch had tri armor. From what I saw any non tamer class will just imiditly die from a berserker just because he can grab, damage and grab. With this you will be dead before you even get out of the grab. On top of that they have so much dp that you can't do much against them. I also tried getting max grab resistance (60%). For some reason my grab resistance has no effect on breserker's grabs (Not using 10% ignore resistance). It works fine for every other class though.

If I am fighting a ninja. Sure they can kill me with 1 cc combo but I can do the same to them. It seems silly that a class can make so many mistakes and still get away with killing the opponent with one combo. Also not sure why no one else has mentioned this maybe the fact that their are so few breskers.

I think there are 2 quick solutions.

1: Lower their DP. So they get punished more for making mistakes.

2: Lower their AP. So They can't kill someone with 1 combo to counter the fact they are so tanky and if they make mistakes they are fine.

If the AP is lowered I feel like berserkers have a hard time killing people with the damage they can dish out since people will should use pots to out heal it. And if you lower bresekers DP then they might not be amazing at GvG.

For my person opinion i think breserkers AP should be lowered. Maybe not killing people with 1 grab combo but a few grabs combos. Let me know if you guys disagree with me or think its fine the way it is.

Thanks!"

Nice troll atempt for a person who clames that is playing since CBT1 and you still dont get why berserkes have more DP it FeelsBadMan you cant be that stupid thats why i asume you are trolling.

"I think at this moment breserkers are far superior from sorcerers. Yes sorcerer can kill people with a cc chain but if you are expecting the same thing from a tank class then I think you need to seriously think for a second. You can't have someone so tanky do so much damage and on top of that have insane cc. Sorcerer doesn't really have a good way to get through a block beside to break it. while breserker can grab you just straight from block. If your jumping around too much they can just use stomp once and you are stiff. I would be happy if they berserkers couldn't land so many grabs right after each other. Just imagine if a wizard could permanently freeze you and deal your entire hp. I feel like right now there is no counter to it unless the tamer's pet just hits breserker making you get away. I have had alot of matches against breserkers. I basicly live in arena im not saying this just because someone beat me. I have watched so many people fight each other and for the most part every breserker always seem to win or make so many mistakes without losing much hp.

I also asked around through the server and people agree breserker will usually win any 1v1.

Also keep in mind awakening might change a lot and this might be suited for awakenings. So all of these points could be mute."

The key word in your 2nd post is "I think".Stop thinking you are not great at it.

"I don't get how something like saying you need x amount of skill points can be justified as a class being over powered or not. Every class needs those skill points lots of time playing it and good addon and high end gear. Since the game has been out for a while I would say majority of the people even has everything you mentioned. Even If breserker has way lower gear then the person he is fighting he can still win since he can just keep grabbing the person. Also you don't need amazing timing for it. as long as the person is on the floor you can grab them immediately again. compare that to other cc. If someone is on the floor they are immune to all cc even if they get up for a few seconds they are immune to cc. So the only way you can get out of the grab is if you resist or breserker decides to let you go. Like i mentioned above even with max grab resist I think breserker can usually land the grab with no issues. Maybe I am doing something wrong but after watching other people have the same issues I feel like its more of a breserker issue then me."

You keep thinking STOP and in the same time  you are giving advices for a class you probably just try to 50lv.A tip for free good bersekers dont even try to grab you 75% of the time so basicly your test was based  versus some lame zerker who keep tring chain grab you instead he could do advanced combo and just kill you.

Btw if you are ranger or wizzard dont even bother to reply thx.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

I can tell why there aren't many forums saying bad things about the breserker since everyone starts crying like qsk DovaahAlso even if I am the worst player in eu it doesn't make a difference because the thread isn't about my skill. Stop trolling and actually read, I make very good points. Also Mr Drafun every class in game have to land stuff on people to do anything. Not just breserkers. qsk for breserkers who don't grab; i'm not sure where you have been playing but every breserker I have encountered either runs at me and immediately grabs me. The reason I didn't post my class or what my gear was because the thread isn't about me. Its about breserkers and weather or not their too strong right now.

Right now breserker grabs are like wizard freezing you a few of times in a row but they can grab even if someone is laying on the ground. When usually you would be immune to cc at that time.

Here is a little video just to shut up the guys who I know will complain that i am shit and that's why I lose against breserkers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYk-keuypA

Edited by zeeshan595

Posted

Zerk can deal 3 times more dmg without grabs :) Thats reason why he said that i think

1 person likes this

Posted

Zerk can deal 3 times more dmg without grabs :) Thats reason why he said that i think

THIS and many lost interests in Grabs because of Desyncs and stuff

Posted

I agree that the dsync is annoying at times and can destroy gameplay and negatively effect breserkers grabs but this thread isn't about dsync. Also alot of other classes are effected by this as well. for example sorcerer's iframes can be really frustrating with the dsync. I am just annoyed that a breserker can kill you with 1 grab combo but you can't even get him to half hp with 1 combo. I am not sure why they are so tanky if they can deal so much damage.

Posted (edited)

I agree that the dsync is annoying at times and can destroy gameplay and negatively effect breserkers grabs but this thread isn't about dsync. Also alot of other classes are effected by this as well. for example sorcerer's iframes can be really frustrating with the dsync. I am just annoyed that a breserker can kill you with 1 grab combo but you can't even get him to half hp with 1 combo. I am not sure why they are so tanky if they can deal so much damage.

You are not understanding the points everyone is trying to make. So let me dumb it down for you.

It may seem easy, but Berserker is quite a hard class to play. Just look at our skills and see how many damn keys we have to press in perfect timing in order to get a skill off. Then combine all these key presses with even more key presses for the advanced combos. This is the reason why there aren't many Berserkers around in the game, and the ones that are tend to be above average in skill. Why? Because it takes a lot of practice to be able to be any good in PvP as a Giant.

I messed around with Ranger yesterday and I was honestly bored at how easy a class it is to play lmao. Same for Sorcerrer, I played Sorc briefly some months ago with DF was a thing. Sorc was very easy to play.

Giants can be killed. We don't deal the most burst damage. We don't.

We were buffed to be on par with other classes. And now we are. The difference is that, like I previously explained, most Giants have been maining the class for a long time and are therefore pretty good at it. THEREFORE, a good Giant will tend to outclass a good Sorc. And, like I also just explained, it takes a lot of skill to be any good as a Giant in PvP.

So really, once again, instead of coming here and crying how about you actually learn your class and practice ways to counter a Giants attack. Grab a GIant friend, go to the Arena and test things. If he is great at Zerk, then you need to be a great Sorc. Otherwise he will destroy you.

Edited by Drafun
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Drafun Just because you can't make a point doesn't mean you are free to undermine me. You keep saying i'm crying but you guys are the once insulting me :) 

"Just look at our skills and see how many damn keys we have to press in perfect timing in order " You have to do that for every class. There is a massive difference with spamming dark flame and actually being good at the class. In a 1v1 giants are way too overpowered right now. sure you might not burst like musa or sorc but if you think you can do same damage as a wizard or ranger and be so tanky then you need to get your brain checked.

Just as a side note every single person defending breserkers have just said the same thing which is for every class you need x amount of skill points or you need to play the class alot...

Edited by zeeshan595

Posted (edited)

Drafun Just because you can't make a point doesn't mean you are free to undermine me. You keep saying i'm crying but you guys are the once insulting me :) 

"Just look at our skills and see how many damn keys we have to press in perfect timing in order " You have to do that for every class. There is a massive difference with spamming dark flame and actually being good at the class. In a 1v1 giants are way too overpowered right now. sure you might not burst like musa or sorc but if you think you can do same damage as a wizard or ranger and be so tanky then you need to get your brain checked.

Just as a side note every single person defending breserkers have just said the same thing which is for every class you need x amount of skill points or you need to play the class alot...

Nobody here is insulting you, you are just ignoring the opinions/facts being presented to you.

If you are a good Sorc fighting a great GIant, you will lose. There is such thing called "skill". Apparently you don't have much experience fighting good or great Giants. Which is why I strongly recommended you go to the arena and practice with good-level skill Giants.

A Wizard can kill a Giant, but he needs to learn his class first instead of standing there in place casting his Ulti or whatever.

Skill points? Lol what are you talking about. Just look at our skills and see how many button presses they require. Then take into consideration that we chain a lot of them together, plus there are a couple of hidden combos not on the skill guide. So in other words: it takes tons of practice and player skill for a Giant to be effective in PvP.

tl;dr go to the arena and practice fighting a Giant. Develop strategies as to how to counter their attacks. Learn their skills/moves.

Edited by Drafun

Posted

btw who cares about 1v1 in bdo ?

Posted

btw who cares about 1v1 in bdo ?

this...

1 missstep in node wars and a Wizard+Ranger blow you up in 1sec if you are on the floor (even with 4k hp and 280dp) meanwhile valks stand there like a wall :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Considering the game is PvP focused and you have to fight over grind spots. Sometimes your guild isn't there to back you up if its really late so I would say 1v1 are a big part of black desert. 

@Drafun you said my exact point in your own comment. "If you are a good Sorc fighting a great GIant, you will lose." Your saying there is no way you can beat a breserker. Doesn't that seem a bit ridiculous. Also if you look at the video i sent I am defiantly not standing at once place just spamming instant cast and metor. Since you think your class is the most difficult and advance let me tell you about my class. 

Here is my build right now http://www.blackdeserttome.com/calculator/wizard/28934

I have 953 points and don't have a single point in earth quick and missing a lot of skill points to max some of my spells.

Now for the complex combo's

S + F = lightning and hold right click after to do residual.

S + LMB to cast fireball then RMB to cancel it and throw it. Then RMB to do the explosion part or within 6 seconds press it on hotbar to do the explosion part.

Shift + RMB to do chain lightning then within 6 seconds you can press the button in hotbar to do lightning storm or right after chain lightning hold right click to do lightning storm.

shift + space = tp

... the list goes on

I don't know if your living under a rock but every class has these complex combos.

@Heliantus

Valk and warrior have a block and while block valk can't do any damage and warrior can only do 2 skills while blocking. Without block they also die in seconds as well.

Edited by zeeshan595

Posted (edited)

@Drafun you said my exact point in your own comment. "If you are a good Sorc fighting a great GIant, you will lose."

Err I'm starting to doubt your intelligence.

Good Sorc vs Great Giant = Great Giant will win

Hence you need to become a really awesome, "great" Sorc in other to fight a player whom is also considered "great" skill wise. You can't possibly expect to win against someone who is much better than you at playing their class.

Make sense now? Great vs Great skill wise.

Long time ago, my guild held skill rankings. We would make everyone fight each other off, then vote them into tiers. Out of 50 hardcore PvP-focused players, only 2 were considered Tier 1. Which was "Beast-like". Tier 2 was "Great". Tier 3 "Good" and Tier 4 "Trash".

Naturally, most of the newer PvP'ers fell into Tier 4. Most of the guild was Tier 2 with some at Tier 3. Only two players were Tier 1. Dva and Squidlydoo. Squidlydoo was a Sorc, you should had seen the way he played the class. Totally godly. Zezna was also Tier 1 if I recall correctly. Zezna was also another amazingly Godly Tamer.

You can tell if a player is any good at their class by the way they play.  Period.

Edited by Drafun

Posted

why would you post this in zerker forum lol, ofcourse all zerkers gonna QQ and try to defend their broken OP class

Posted

lel zerker broken class :) zerker is broken when you meet player that knows how to play zerk, there are so many bad zerkers it hurts