• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Seriously....fix your game!

27 posts in this topic

Posted

So I recieved a response to a ticket I raised about constant DCs and white / black screens (after two weeks) which asked me to run some tests and post the results back, which I immediately did and then some days later I received a reply telling me that "we are aware of an issue and are working to fix it - in the meantime here are some GMs blessings as compensation"

Great - some bonuses to a game I can at times barely play (peak times mainly) - really useful.

This was two weeks ago and still the DCs are as bad as they were.  Are you going to fix this game?  Because obviously I am not going to be spending one single red cent on it until you do...I can still play GW2, I can play Tera (on both EU and USA severs) and I am still playing (very occasionally) DCUO on USA servers.  But this game?  No obviously server stability falls under "money we dont want to spend" - well now so does my money.  Good work.  Excellent.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Let me guess..... NA Server?^^

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

But sir, they are sending a team to work on the servers August 2nd or something. Expect it to be fixed soon!

Really though, don't expect shit to be fixed and just move on. This has been an ongoing problem that should have been #1 on their list of things to fix, and it should have been done in a timely manner. 

3 people like this

Posted

servers are the biggest problem of the game,  there were allrdy big threads about it but kakao games just dont care about it, bcause they wont make more money with fixing it....

Posted

Just 3 days ago I was able to log into any of the 02 Channels for the first time since the patch on the 17th. Over 2 weeks I haven't been able to do RBF or participate in anything my guild does on an 02 channel, then magically without any information from DAUM, they just started working again. Why? no freaking clue, Im happy I can get on the channels now, they are still laggy but i can at least do my daily RBF energy reset. I agree, The GM blessings that EVERYONE got, even those without any log in issues is a slap in the face when you can't even log in to play the game.

Posted

It's because the problems aren't universal and it's not 100% clear what is causing it.

I do have some problems, mostly during prime times, but they aren't major, minor lag spikes. I've DC'ed less than 5 times in the past 4 months other than maint really.

You act like they are just supposed to wave a wand and fix what is happening for you and for as much as the problem may be on their end you could also have some issues on your end too.

Not saying that's the case, just saying it's not a simple problem.

Posted

Well.. they won't have the money to fix the servers unless you buy their value pack and $30 a piece costumes.

Posted

servers are the biggest problem of the game,  there were allrdy big threads about it but kakao games just dont care about it, bcause they wont make more money with fixing it....

they cant fix what we wanted, The game was never meant to run with the server structure we have. in order to cut the cost of NA/EU's server setup they have 1 Physical Server running 3 Virtual ones....which was/is a terrible idea. First is the VM overhead some of the beefiest servers in the industry struggle to run multiple VMs (can only imagine what toaster oven the games actually running on) then there's the added stress on network components and additional TCP overhead.

You want to know the fix to our server problems? 1 server, 30 channels, done.

Posted

they cant fix what we wanted, The game was never meant to run with the server structure we have. in order to cut the cost of NA/EU's server setup they have 1 Physical Server running 3 Virtual ones....which was/is a terrible idea. First is the VM overhead some of the beefiest servers in the industry struggle to run multiple VMs (can only imagine what toaster oven the games actually running on) then there's the added stress on network components and additional TCP overhead.

You want to know the fix to our server problems? 1 server, 30 channels, done.

I call BS, if you think multible Servers are the problem, everyone would suffer.

But EU Servers are running fine and smooth.

Explain that.

Posted

I call BS, if you think multible Servers are the problem, everyone would suffer.

Explain that.

It's not even running unreliably for everyone in NA either. Some have problems so bad they constantly DC, others just see the occasional bit of lag.

I do have a sneaking suspicion that the EU servers are less populated, especially considering the overwhelming bulk of people I see supporting mega-servers are on the EU side.

Posted

Im on NA, didnt DC once since launch. Fix your comp.

Posted

It's not even running unreliably for everyone in NA either. Some have problems so bad they constantly DC, others just see the occasional bit of lag.
I do have a sneaking suspicion that the EU servers are less populated, especially considering the overwhelming bulk of people I see supporting mega-servers are on the EU side.

Well Jordine is full, you can´t go nowhere without seeing Players......

Posted

Explain that.

This is not true. i can tell you that also on EU servers a lot of ppl (including me) are experiencing costant DCs in a way the game isn't playable at all. Sometimes the problem is so hard that we get DCed after 10 seconds of relogging in, other times we can stay ingame for 10 minutes before the next DC. I don't know if it is a server problem(in the case everyone should be affected by the problem) or, as I think, it is probably a sort of "black list" for some IP routes. I've written a report and waiting for the answer after doing their tests.

PS: I can add that I was running smooth and without problems BEFORE the May patches while, after, I started having DC problems (after the DDOS attacks they told us). After some time I tried the trial version of WTFast (as suggested in the forums) and, magically, for the trial week I had NO DC at all. WTFast does only reroute my connection to the DAUM server so the answer is there...

Now I'm back on my normal 100 Mb fiber connection and I'm experiencing continuous DCs again.

Posted (edited)

Explain that.

Everyone except Caduryn is suffering Desync.

DC could be the result of dropped packet not being resent in a timely matter, also its not a multi server its a server.

Edited by The_ID10t_Effect

Posted

I get a lot of dsync and lag, I'll pound on some mobs for 20 seconds do nothing then it speeds up like watching a moving on fast forward. Skills go off sometimes, sometimes they don't servers are either garbage or, they have terrible routing issues. Then I play Overwatch and having a game with no lag, skills work it feels great! I love this game but seriously if you can't fix the server issues people will bail just like SWTOR they couldn't get it together either.

Posted

Well Jordine is full, you can´t go nowhere without seeing Players......

Right... and I see people on all three NA servers saying the same thing whereas two EU servers seem to complain about a lack of population.

I mean I can't be sure because we have no numbers, I am speculating and am more than willing to admit there's a significant chance I am wrong.

Posted

I get a lot of dsync and lag, I'll pound on some mobs for 20 seconds do nothing then it speeds up like watching a moving on fast forward. Skills go off sometimes, sometimes they don't servers are either garbage or, they have terrible routing issues. Then I play Overwatch and having a game with no lag, skills work it feels great! I love this game but seriously if you can't fix the server issues people will bail just like SWTOR they couldn't get it together either.

SWtor -----ed people over when they didn't need to, like the whole HQ Texture ordeal....Beta was beautiful then came launch day and its was like somebody ate playdough and barfed it back up at the screen. they fixed armor textures but everything else still looks like barf.

Posted (edited)

everyone is suffering Desync.

Explain

Edited by Caduryn

Posted

Explain

Forum Search: Desync

Posted

really people saying some shit about server structur ? about no lagg ?

u never play pvp do you ? desync all over the place

game is not ment for the western server structure?

thats why i can play on Korea with an higher ping than here without desync ?

they just need to buy -----ing better servers, stop defending kakao games

2 people like this

Posted

Just deal with it like everyone else.. christ

Posted

Forum Search: Desync

I know, but i don´t have it.

Posted

I know, but i don´t have it.

Sure, you dont.

Posted

Sure, you dont.

Ok i looked some vids about desync..... and sorry, that dosnt happen to me....

Posted

This is why you always get at least 3 bids for things.  Never take the low because you get what you pay for.  Servers and poor administration, traffic handling is a huge problem.  Having the servers on one coast was silly.  At least put the servers in in Mid NA is middle of the USA.

The KR's build games based on how things operate in their country.  They do not seem to possess the skill sets to fix the game in other regions.  I guess we can hope and pray that whatever they do next week actually works and does not make the game worse.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0