• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Node wars last super long and guilds spam guild funds to build new buildings to just stall something they won't win

Remove Ability To Build New Structures During Sieges   135 votes

1. 1. Remove Ability To Build New Structures During Sieges?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

22 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There's been quite a lot of opportunites for people to experience node wars now, so opinions are probably formed regarding this for a lot of people.

Situations where a guild keeps building new buildings that have already been destroyed until a draw occurs must have happened to most of you who participate in node wars.

Personally I'm of the opinion that with only 3 hours to accomplish victory and the messy situations that arise in G vs G vs G ( vs G vs G) situations, the ability to build new structures during the node war time itself should not be there, as it unnecessarily results in draws with no victors, and the guilds that "benefit" from being able to do this usually have their buildings destroyed because they are incapable of winning the node war in the first place anyway, as they are clearly not strong enough to turn the tide vs the guilds that choose to attack them, just managing to get the tiny little breathing space needed to rebuild once in a while.

I can see one side effect of this that might be viewed as negative, which is that a guild going 1 vs 2 trying to focus on taking out 1 guild first with a barebone defense force can't rebuild their base once they have taken out one of their opponents, but I think in such a situation, their players should be more than enough to finish things off vs the 1 guild that remains, if they were strong enough to kill one of the 2 guilds attacking them anyway.

Rebuilding barricades seems OK. They are not that powerful, even when upgraded.

Maybe I missed something, What do you people think?

Edited by Clearing
3 people like this

Posted

I agree with that, along with not being able to build a fort in a regional war that you don't have a fort in. For example, you should be able to place a fort in Balenos region war if you don't have a T2/T3 fort in Balenos first.

Posted

Posted

only the node tower should be able to be repaired, everything else should be one-time, but..

They should increase the limit of buildings one can build and/or change it so there is, for example, 20 buildings limit, which includes barricades etc. of any type

So a defending force could have 20 fire cannons if they wanted, but then nothing else

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a limit on number of things you can place.  No 20 hwatcha's would be pretty crazy.  I think only the node tower can be repaired.  I could be wrong as I have never tried fixing anything else, have you?

So my guild makes barricades on their own which you can do at a siege workshop and they should not be allowed to use them if other barricades are broke.  Does this work in real wars, Gosh my tank broke and I can't fix it or a new tank is brought in to replace the broken or destroyed one?

Please think before posting.

Why is spending a problem?  You can build just as much as the next guy.  Just because you are a tight wad you want to penalize everyone else?  Maybe if you don't have extra funds to be in a war maybe you should avoid them and do some guild missions to build your funds.  When both sides can do the same thing there is not a problem.

Once again the I can't think my way out of a wet paper bag crowd wants the game dumbed down again.  People are too lazy to farm hard mobs so PA makes them easier.

If you want a simple game then go play that game.  There are tons of mindless games out there.

Stop trying to remove every piece of strategy from the game.

What exactly is wrong with a draw?  Nothing.  So we need to change the game because you don't like a draw? 

Once again you can easily stop people from placing new stuff down.  Learn to play the game.  Because you can't figure out how, the game must be changed and made simpler.

Too bad so many people were taught what to think not how to think.

I agree with that, along with not being able to build a fort in a regional war that you don't have a fort in. For example, you should be able to place a fort in Balenos region war if you don't have a T2/T3 fort in Balenos first.

Actually this is a bad idea as a strong alliance could easily take or deny all the T3's in an area and there would be no risk to the castle owner.  It would be nearly impossible to do over all regions.  Now castle owners do not know if they will have competition or not.

3 people like this

Posted

Yes, lets remove rebuilding so the side with more people can just suicide/zerg run into another team's base without any strategy or strength whatsoever.... what a good solution /sarcasm

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No ability to rebuild means that any side with an alliance can rush your base with horses and charge kill your stuff really quick and put you on the defensive the entire time causing you to lose or draw anyway. Rebuilding is a good thing.

Edited by ZexAuburn

Posted (edited)

I understand where people are talking about getting zerged, but it goes both ways. The smaller guilds that take every member they have to destroy siege equipment see it all rebuilt if the happen to get whipped when they come back. Even with a few people still making interruptions.

Maybe make it so t1 nodes cannot be rebuilt? Or compromise.

Edited by Bucket
1 person likes this

Posted

Personally, I like the idea that the defenses should be planned and planted ahead with the most tactical efficiency in mind. Squeezing the most you could out of those defenses.

That being said, that would require an almost revamp of sieges just to balance everything around it. So I don't think it'll ever happen.

Posted

Theres been several times where our guild was out numbered by a guild 2 to 1.  We destroy recover centers and most other buildings and have them on the ropes but then we get pushed and they use equal number to stall us while the rest rebuild the base.

It's kind of silly to be honest as those are wars we would have one due to being better strategically than the opponent that had us out numbered but since they had more numbers they could rebuild super fast.

1 person likes this

Posted

Theres been several times where our guild was out numbered by a guild 2 to 1.  We destroy recover centers and most other buildings and have them on the ropes but then we get pushed and they use equal number to stall us while the rest rebuild the base.

It's kind of silly to be honest as those are wars we would have one due to being better strategically than the opponent that had us out numbered but since they had more numbers they could rebuild super fast.

Sounds like you need some friends.

Posted

Sounds like you need some friends.

nah we have like 40 people in a war but when they have like 80 thats when its an issue lol

Posted

If you aren't a large enough guild or can't afford to spend a lot of guild silver, you shouldn't be allowed to win.

Posted

Is good as is. As being member of a guild constantly fighting Guilds that ally against us every single time, we wouldn't really be able to compete. For now we can. Only because ppl can make blob alliances shouldn't mean they should win by default. Rebuilding while fighting of attackers is a good thing. Without it proper guild coordination is not possible.. We wouldn't be able to compete against alliances. We would get forced to try hard defend over the whole duration of the node/castle siege. Forcing draw or just lose to headless chicken throwing bodies at your base. 

It is perfectly fine as is. 

With decent coordination in your raid, you can destroy enemy bases. Even if they can rebuild. 

Removing it just makes this option fade away and it's a mindless and boring bum lame  numbers game with no good leadership coordination needed. 

No thanks. 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

If a guild want's to use up an amount of funds that exceeds the node's tax, let them. It'll get denied or stalemate and roll over the next week or whatever.

In the first weeks, every wants a node for pride and posture, but as time moves on, you'll realize it's just another resource, and whether you fight or not, or which days is really a flexible thing.

And there are tactics against rebuilding. not going to say it as people can refer to other localization streams.

Edited by Kuu

Posted

nah we have like 40 people in a war but when they have like 80 thats when its an issue lol

Precisely, you need friends.

Posted

So you honestly think you should win being outnumbered 2 to 1?  If so this is the real issue.  The only thing silly is you allowed yourselves to get pushed and did not leave aoe across the battlefield that would have stopped or slowed a build. 

There is nothing silly about what happened.  It would be what I would have expected. 

Posted

So you honestly think you should win being outnumbered 2 to 1?  If so this is the real issue.  The only thing silly is you allowed yourselves to get pushed and did not leave aoe across the battlefield that would have stopped or slowed a build. 

There is nothing silly about what happened.  It would be what I would have expected. 

What kind of logic is that?  If you beat them back enough against the odds, that you can destroy their base down to the main tower.... then yes you deserve the win.

Getting pushed by half the numbers because they are superior in skill... you deserve to lose.  you failed pvp wise you failed strategy and comp wise.  

You assume we never have people harassing and keeping them busy at their base when they push ours.  5 v 30+..... ya your right what scrubs cant keep them from rebuilding.

Posted (edited)

Do not listen to this thread. This is the silliest complaint. Rebuilding has been an inextricable  part of BDO node wars strats since it was released in KOR. Secondly the request should be ignored for the simple fact that the poster  said 'super long' . 

Edited by killahsin

Posted

What kind of logic is that?  If you beat them back enough against the odds, that you can destroy their base down to the main tower.... then yes you deserve the win.
Getting pushed by half the numbers because they are superior in skill... you deserve to lose.  you failed pvp wise you failed strategy and comp wise.  

You assume we never have people harassing and keeping them busy at their base when they push ours.  5 v 30+..... ya your right what scrubs cant keep them from rebuilding.

It you had them busy at the base, explain to us how the managed to rebuild?  Newly built structures are very weak.  There a plenty of items in game that put a dot on people in areas that don't allow them to build anything. 

You couldn't stop them from rebuilding you deserved to lose.  You did not use all the tools available to you so the game is at fault and changes must be made? 

A well built base with 5 or 6 folks can fend off a much superior force for quite some time. 

Please stop with the dumbing down of the game.

Posted

All you have to do is take out the supply building and they won't be able to build again.. if they have building on them use flame cannon balls. It prevents them from building....... 

I'm guessing no one here ever used cannons. Learn the full mechanics of what you have available before you cry nerf.. Flame cannonballs has a lasting effect on the ground so if you toss a few in there players won't be able to but pots or repair because of the dot dmg.

Posted

Only if horse abilities does 0 damage to structures will I agree.