• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Does it feel like the amount of CC in this game is getting out of hand?

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Thoughts? Solutions?

Posted (edited)

Agreed. But this game is build around that. So asking them to take out some CC would be asking them to revap the combat system.

Edited by Nox Demon

Posted

would be nice if ranger's CC would work in pvp like all the other classes

Charging wind for instance (not shotgun but the base skill)  inflicts knockdown on 4-5 charges which means you have to stand there for a good few seconds. 
somehow this doesnt work in pvp. it wouldnt even be OP and not even near the effectness of other classes yet it doesnt work in pvp. 

same with wotw. or shotgun.  

meanwhile my ninja, wizard and my maehwa  alts have CC on basicly every attack they have. 
isnt it kinda absurd that both my ninja AND maehwa have a FASTER, more effective CC on their RANGED ABILITIES than my ranger does. 

/endrant

1 person likes this

Posted

Resist is op

2 people like this

Posted

isnt it kinda absurd that both my ninja AND maehwa have a FASTER, more effective CC on their RANGED ABILITIES than my ranger does. 

Yea if Ranger CC isn't going to be very strong they should really give the class some other kind of advantage. Like maybe the ability to deal damage from a distance without needing to CC anything first, or the ability to move rapidly while putting out solid, auto-aimed ranged DPS at the same time. Perhaps let them cancel one of their abilities into a rapid sidestep which moves too quickly for the questionable servers and low update rate to deal with, causing other class's CC and short ranged melee attacks to fail repeatedly on them due to desync. Something like that.

9 people like this

Posted

Yea if Ranger CC isn't going to be very strong they should really give the class some other kind of advantage. Like maybe the ability to deal damage from a distance without needing to CC anything first, or the ability to move rapidly while putting out solid, auto-aimed ranged DPS at the same time. Perhaps let them cancel one of their abilities into a rapid sidestep which moves too quickly for the questionable servers and low update rate to deal with, causing other class's CC and short ranged melee attacks to fail repeatedly on them due to desync. Something like that.

wizard does more damage and all their good spells also CC you and everyone around you.  your arguement is invalid. 
our "rapid sidestep" Q cancel does shit aoe damage and costs more mana/stamina than anything in the game. also its not an iframe. l2p

3 people like this

Posted

I honestly don't have any real issues with cc unless its a zerker, who can combo grapple into knockdown back into grapple for a solid 30 seconds

Posted

Something i really dislike is some classes having some of the best cc's implemented in their aoe skills that do the highest dmg in the game. AoE. CC. Highest dmg.

Posted

Yeah red battlefield is no fun unless your a wizard or ranger.  Just spamming cc/nukes at a distance the entire fight.

Posted (edited)

l2p

Having seen enough of your "content" I don't think you should be telling anybody to L2P, but I'm processing right now so I'll bite

wizard does more damage and all their good spells also CC you and everyone around you.

Wizard has crowd control because they are required to stand and cast stationary abilities. Which is the normal and traditional way of balancing ranged against melee in MMOs. The whole reason Horse Wiz/Witch was considered such an issue even with a reduced skillset and less CC while mounted, was because of their ability to move while casting. Allowing a long ranged class to move quickly while dealing damage, in a game full of melee classes who have to stand still in melee range to hurt anything, is a bizzare design choice and requires some really lopsided mechanics to function - Like giving melee the ability to kill ranged in one CC chain when they catch them, which is what we ended up with. Thankfully, horses are rapidly falling off as gear scales up, so Wiz mobility becomes less of a problem over time. On the other hand, every additional CC resist item added to the game is a Ranger buff.

The massive difference in CC potential between a Ranger and something like a Maehwa, reflects the massive difference in damage "uptime" the two classes have. Because one of these classes needs to create an opening before they get to deal damage, just like 11/12 other classes in this game, and the other one requires no openings and gets to start dealing damage from time zero at any range without any CC requirements. That's why Maehwa gets decent CC and you don't.

But hey you shouldn't listen to me, I might just be an idiot. I mean I did just reply to a guy who thinks it would be a good idea to give Stub Arrow to Rangers so there must be something wrong with me.

Edited by TeoH
1 person likes this

Posted

Having seen enough of your "content" I don't think you should be telling anybody to L2P, but I'm processing right now so I'll bite

Wizard has crowd control because they are required to stand and cast stationary abilities. Which is the normal and traditional way of balancing ranged against melee in MMOs. The whole reason Horse Wiz/Witch was considered such an issue even with a reduced skillset and less CC while mounted, was because of their ability to move while casting. Allowing a long ranged class to move quickly while dealing damage, in a game full of melee classes who have to stand still in melee range to hurt anything, is a bizzare design choice and requires some really lopsided mechanics to function - Like giving melee the ability to kill ranged in one CC chain when they catch them, which is what we ended up with. Thankfully, horses are rapidly falling off as gear scales up, so Wiz mobility becomes less of a problem over time. On the other hand, every additional CC resist item added to the game is a Ranger buff.

The massive difference in CC potential between a Ranger and something like a Maehwa, reflects the massive difference in damage "uptime" the two classes have. Because one of these classes needs to create an opening before they get to deal damage, just like 11/12 other classes in this game, and the other one requires no openings and gets to start dealing damage from time zero at any range without any CC requirements. That's why Maehwa gets decent CC and you don't.

But hey you shouldn't listen to me, I might just be an idiot. I mean I did just reply to a guy who thinks it would be a good idea to give Stub Arrow to Rangers so there must be something wrong with me.

our stationary abilities with long charges (razor wind, charging wind,  tearing arrow, desending current)  all have no CC on them and do less damage than your spells. 
our most damaging attacks are low/mid range and got nerfed multiple times and puts you very close to the enemy with no iframe, frontal blocks or superarmor like your wizard. 
and they still do less damage than your spells. the only time they do good damage is when another class knocks them down for us so the down damage bonus applies. 

its hilarious to me that a wizard has the gal to ----- about rangers in this current build of the game. 

Posted

No. Melee have more. Ranged have less (or need to stand to use some). Fair enough

Posted

I find ap scalings more of an issue than cc. 

PS. I still dont understand how rangers can still cry about their class when in the areas it matters they are still better than 9/12 classes - pve and node war 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Charging wind for instance (not shotgun but the base skill)  inflicts knockdown on 4-5 charges which means you have to stand there for a good few seconds. 
somehow this doesnt work in pvp. it wouldnt even be OP and not even near the effectness of other classes yet it doesnt work in pvp. 

same with wotw. or shotgun.  

meanwhile my ninja, wizard and my maehwa  alts have CC on basicly every attack they have. 

/endrant

I feel like considering a geared ranger can melt someone in a couple of shots, its fair for them to not have too many CC's. That video of the 240 AP ranger melting the 400 DP zerk still triggers the crap outa me.

I find ap scalings more of an issue than cc. 

PS. I still dont understand how rangers can still cry about their class when in the areas it matters they are still better than 9/12 classes - pve and node war 

I agree with the ap scaling issue

Edited by XILEDWhiteMage

Posted (edited)

[rant]

This game is not 1 v 1.

Let me repeat that for emphasis.

This game is not 1 v 1.

Rangers have the longest range, widest AoE ability in the game in Descending Current. The amount of total damage they can dish out across an entire raid from an extreme distance is insane. So what if a wizard nuke does 20% health, and yours does 10%? You've hit twice as many people, and can do it forever. The uptime of shotgun in smaller skirmishes is also pretty damn ridiculous. You can get off 3 casts of that before a wizard can even cast fireball (aside from Sage's Memory). Your class is designed to take advantage of what the team provides, and it does so very well. The reason a Valkyrie has so much CC is because they were designed with initiating fights in mind. The reason a Zerker can chain grapple 1 dude for 23 seconds straight is because they were designed with target isolation in mind. Also, they can't really deal any damage while isolating a target. Assassins have high burst and decent CC so they can do their job of picking off a high value target.

Before you criticize something, understand what it is you're criticizing. The Ranger is an opportunistic skirmisher, and long range target softener. That's how it is supposed to function.

Edited by Hacksaw
Clarity is Important
1 person likes this

Posted

The way I see it: Open NA/EU servers of Black desert > Everyone creates a ranger because of shotgun (or sorcerer because of dark flame) > They can HK everyone on game when they are scalled on +15, and players didn't have more than 1300 hp > They fell like the kings of the world > Daum / PA use some reasoning and nerf (bug) both sorc and ranger 1 button to win skill > cry like a baby > raise DPS of skill again > git gut on forum > Daum / PA launches Pri~Pen and reduce the lvl requeriment of hp skill to 50+, making all classes with 2300+ hp > Ranger and Sorcerer can't kill  on HK anymore, but they still drain more than 40% of others classes lifes with 1 crit > Buaaa my class sucks, i cant kill a whole guild or boss with 1 skill, please buff ranger (sorc) > git gut git gut > make ranger (sorcerer) great again... 

Why people don't understand that it ins't their class that is bad, or vulnerable, but they don't have enough skills to be called a good ranger / sorcerer. 

Posted

I feel like considering a geared ranger can melt someone in a couple of shots, its fair for them to not have too many CC's. That video of the 240 AP ranger melting the 400 DP zerk still triggers the crap outa me.

I agree with the ap scaling issue

that is ranger with awakening. we don't have awakening 

Posted

idk why u all think wiz/rangers are strong. what makes u think that all of them have 200+ ap. I can't count how many times i've been chased around by a sorc for 30 seconds while a team of 10 people r trying to kill him. I spent most of the time stunned or on the ground while healing the whole time. I have 70+% CC resist on stun and kd + magical shield and they still dont work on any cc. Storming crow II is just a broken, CC on a manoeuver skill is just unfair. Dream of/Imminent Doom just takes the cake on this one. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Wait till you fight a ninja:

instant stun aoe with no animation whatsoever, ranged (fast travelling) stun, grab with short cd, bound and downsmash. Can chain cc you forever if you even live that long.

Posted

Wait till you fight a ninja:

instant stun aoe with no animation whatsoever, ranged (fast travelling) stun, grab with short cd, bound and downsmash. Can chain cc you forever if you even live that long.

and then you resist 1 stiffness and hes -----ed. If you dont have resist on and are all PVE mode, you deserve to be stunlocked.

Posted

and then you resist 1 stiffness and hes -----ed. If you dont have resist on and are all PVE mode, you deserve to be stunlocked.

Yeah sorry i only have 40% resist, and resisting doesn't affect you much when you have a lot of reliable CC. 

Posted

Bunch of pussies on here. No resist is the best resist

Posted

It's getting annoying to get picked up/smashed down by warriors/berserkers all the time. (are there even cooldowns?!)

Posted (edited)

is there some secret combo to getting off the ground faster or do wizards always take a nap and let people kill them. If the combo is rerolling a different class, tell me which.

Edited by Waifu_Hunter

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0