• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Poll: Should they remove the 30% bonus to the marketplace collections?

Poll: Should they remove the 30% bonus to the marketplace collections?   404 votes

1. 1. Should they remove the 30% bonus to the marketplace collections?

• Yes, remove it!
    • No, keep it!

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

52 posts in this topic

Posted

Imho should be raised to 60 or 80%

1 person likes this

Posted

git job, git gud, not a sheep, just richer than you :)

You don't know that mate, just cleverer than you :)

Posted (edited)

People want more money in game, so there's only one winner in this and that's to keep it, because the only people who don't want it in game are poor noobs who can't afford 15 euros a month, I don't respect people like that, if you want to play a game don't try to ruin it because you're too poor to afford the nice stuff.

The premium subscription ("Value Pack") would already be worth $15 without the marketplace tax reduction. If they felt that the pack truly needed something more, than rather than adding a P2W element it would make more sense for them to do something like grant a 10-15% pearl discount to players who have the subscription. That encourages them to spend more in the shop while keeping P2W out of the game. That's a win for everyone.

And the players who don't want to pay for the pack aren't "ruining the game because they're too poor to afford the nice stuff". If anything, it would be the opposite case, with the players who are buying it rewarding Daum/Kakao/Pearl Abyss for introducing P2W elements to our version, and sending the message that it's okay to bring in even more. If you want to be a wallet warrior there are plenty of games where that's already an option. Don't ruin BDO by dragging it down that path in your desperate attempt to make yourself feel superior.

Edited by scau

Posted

Were the other 700 threads with the exact same title not good enough for you?

What they need to do is remove this poll.  We've already done enough of them on this topic.

Looks to me like the people with money is winning this discussion

Posted

At this point I think most people who dislike the changes already stopped playing, so you won't get an accurate reflection.

Posted

No, keep it.

Posted

I think remove it as the marvs pallet unlimited beauty changes and distant node investment is well wort the 15 bux and the issue is your never gonna make either side happy so just trash it to how it was before i say. everyone pays 35% tax like the old days that system dident need this.

Posted

KEEP IT. People are threatening to quit the game if it isn't removed, Yeah that's gonna happen.  And if it comes to a decision, who would Daum rather keep?  The people who support the game and buy the value Pack OR the people threatening to quit and don't support it?  I think that it's great and the little bit of a tax break I get is a nice bonus.  You all do realize that the 30% is not taken off of the 35% tax making it 5%.   It is 30% of the 35%. tax. total.  An item costing $100 the 35% tax is $35.00.  The valu pack did not take that away.  30% of that $35.00 is $10.50. We still pay a tax of 24.50 for the item. 

It is easy to go on the forums and make ultimatums.  The minute number of people who do quit, would have quit anyway. And if you do actually quit and not come back, well then good.   I don't like bullies or threats or whiners. I will have that "major" tax break and you out of the game....Bonus

Posted

People cry against p2w but they want p2w in the same time. Interesting how people think that p2w will stop at this points. It won't. We will get valks cry, we will get skill books, we will get a lot of other p2w stuff despite them saying otherwise before.

Want to know why? Because we want it. We want the game to be p2w. They look at sales. If something is selling, then it is a good decision - if it doesn't then people didn't like that. People hated ghillie but bought them. People hated dyes but still bought them. People hated 10% on costumes because it gave adventage,  they are still there and they still have a big price tag.

Here we go again, another step towards p2w but people still disagree it is p2w. Actually p2w game might still be fun, just don't deny the facts.

Posted

I agree.....I never wanted the game to be free

I think paying a monthly sub keeps out the kids who just go on to grief others.  I don't care if they call it p2p or p2w or pay 2 anything you like.  I like the game and will play til I don't like it.  But I will not threaten and whine....I will just quit.  Drama = Bullturds.    Or here is a novel approach.....let's not label it at all.

Play the game ya got.

1 person likes this

Posted

People cry against p2w but they want p2w in the same time. Interesting how people think that p2w will stop at this points. It won't. We will get valks cry, we will get skill books, we will get a lot of other p2w stuff despite them saying otherwise before.

Want to know why? Because we want it. We want the game to be p2w.

No, we don't.

A small percentage of players want the game to be P2W.

Unfortunately, that small percentage of players is willing to be readily milked, and so what they spend offsets the loss of other customers - at least until the servers are empty. Eventually the whales' spending habits encouraged enough P2W design decisions that everyone else gets chased out of the game, and then with no one left to dominate the whales move on to destroy the next big MMO.

It's a constant cycle that has been repeated over and over. BDO was supposed to stay away from beginning that for longer than it did though. We didn't even make it 6 months in before that spiral down into P2W has begun. This despite Daum having said earlier on that they were maintaining large revenue that they expected to last to the end of the year. Either they were wrong, or they just want more and don't care about the consequences to the game.

Posted

Seeing as the value pack is optional and is available for free, no there isn't.

Sounds more like you don't know what to craft or how to make money my friend, with energy being removed for processing you can easily be in the top 5 for wealth with crafting and cooking, no issue. Been on holiday for 2 weeks so my standings have dropped slightly, but here's evidence to to show that crafting is in fact very profitable

Makes crafting more profitable for me and I am a casual player who does not know all the ins and outs.

Plunge, do you have a crafting guide you can share?

Does your system involve spending 3 to 4 hours every day gathering, processing, etc... (time that I don't have?)

Probably not - I doubt it's casual player friendly.

So I voted keep it.

Awesome change to help attract and keep casual players.

Posted

The same 30% reduction should apply to horse market too btw, why is it not included ? Once again trainers are getting rekt

1 person likes this

Posted

What do you guys think? Remove it, or keep it?

Go grind, buy a value pack and make use of it. Right now it's for freaking a whole week and 3 days active, you know how much money has been made? If they remove it now others will complain about people making so many profits with the value pack bla bla bla.

THey cannot remove this as it's been too long in the game.

Posted

No, we don't.

A small percentage of players want the game to be P2W.

Unfortunately, that small percentage of players is willing to be readily milked, and so what they spend offsets the loss of other customers - at least until the servers are empty. Eventually the whales' spending habits encouraged enough P2W design decisions that everyone else gets chased out of the game, and then with no one left to dominate the whales move on to destroy the next big MMO.

It's a constant cycle that has been repeated over and over. BDO was supposed to stay away from beginning that for longer than it did though. We didn't even make it 6 months in before that spiral down into P2W has begun. This despite Daum having said earlier on that they were maintaining large revenue that they expected to last to the end of the year. Either they were wrong, or they just want more and don't care about the consequences to the game.

Who in their right mind thinks that DAUM can be profitable and afford to run their servers at a one time price of $30.00 per player???

What are you guys smoking?

I was there at launch - EVERY single channel was SWAMPED with players.

Now?

Every single server is easy to log into.

That means DAUM missed the mark with the VAST majority of today's mmo players.

That even after paying a one time fee of $30.00 and being able to play free forever - they still left.

So while you and I may like the game - a VAST majority of players see this game for it's many faults and chose to leave even though it was free to play after their initial buy in.

and that is the ugly truth.

Posted

People left and are leaving because of a extremly lame  R N G

In other MMOs you can upgrade your gear without relying on RNG to get FS, then RNG to actually get the gear 1 step higher, to then repeat the process, and this whole system is apparently based on an item we don't have (valks cry)

There is so many that has quit cause they failed that enhancement

Not to mention the Cron stones, -----ing useless at that price

Posted

Who in their right mind thinks that DAUM can be profitable and afford to run their servers at a one time price of $30.00 per player???

What are you guys smoking?

I was there at launch - EVERY single channel was SWAMPED with players.

Now?

Every single server is easy to log into.

That means DAUM missed the mark with the VAST majority of today's mmo players.

That even after paying a one time fee of $30.00 and being able to play free forever - they still left.

So while you and I may like the game - a VAST majority of players see this game for it's many faults and chose to leave even though it was free to play after their initial buy in.

and that is the ugly truth.

Who ever said that Daum can be profitable and afford to run the servers with a one time price of $30 per player? I certainly didn't ever suggest that.

There are plenty of cash shop options available to them that do not go the P2W route.

Daum themselves said that even though the cash shop items were expensive that they were selling and they were maintaining high revenue.

-‘바이 투 플레이’라는 진입 장벽이 있음에도 불구하고 여전히 많은 유저들이 게임패스를 구매하고 있다. 또한, 캐시샵 아이템 가격이 비교적 높은 편인데, 이런 캐시 아이템에서도 많은 매출이 나오고 있다. 이런 것을 보고 지금의 트렌드가 적어도 올해에는 계속 유지될 것이라고 확신하고 있다.

While the game is “buy to play,” many users are still purchasing game pass. Furthermore, even though cash items are relatively expensive, we are maintaining large revenue and we predict that current trend will last until end of this year.

Hence why I mentioned either they were wrong about how long that revenue stream would last, or they just want more.

Posted

Keep it, all other regions with BDO have it ingame. 

Posted

KEEP IT. People are threatening to quit the game if it isn't removed, Yeah that's gonna happen.  And if it comes to a decision, who would Daum rather keep?  The people who support the game and buy the value Pack OR the people threatening to quit and don't support it?  I think that it's great and the little bit of a tax break I get is a nice bonus.  You all do realize that the 30% is not taken off of the 35% tax making it 5%.   It is 30% of the 35%. tax. total.  An item costing $100 the 35% tax is $35.00.  The valu pack did not take that away.  30% of that $35.00 is $10.50. We still pay a tax of 24.50 for the item. 

It is easy to go on the forums and make ultimatums.  The minute number of people who do quit, would have quit anyway. And if you do actually quit and not come back, well then good.   I don't like bullies or threats or whiners. I will have that "major" tax break and you out of the game....Bonus

And people are going to quit if it isn't removed, for a variety of reasons. One reason being that it shows the direction Kakao is setting, which is an ultimate P2W environment like the one in Korea with a total disregard for its customer base. If you saw the topic someone posted recently about having purchased all the dyes on sell right before the value pack, you'd know what I mean. Kakao intentionally put the dyes on sell and didn't announce the value pack before-hand in order to milk out the last bit of money they could from dyes, knowing full well that the dyes would be completely useless after the value pack was released. Say what you want about Kakao being a business, but it ultimately shows they don't care about you.

A lot of the people who are against the +30% marketplace collection buff are people who have money and/or jobs and family - they've openly stated that the buff should be removed anyway because the game shouldn't pressure you into purchasing items off the cash shop in order for you to compete.

And that leads me to another point.. A lot of the people who completely support the value pack are people who simply don't compete, and don't try to - maybe because they can't due to their job or family, but ultimately due to a limited amount of time. It would be a good idea to implement an idea someone suggested about creating a life-skill guild in the game, run by NPCs (or just really a system to help them) that would reduce marketplace taxes on the items they sell, so then everyone is happy.

Lowering the loyalty cost and extending the duration of the loyalty version of the value pack is also a good idea.

Posted

C40tOLs.jpg?1

Posted

No I love this 30% market bonus. Keep it.

Posted

And people are going to quit if it isn't removed, for a variety of reasons. One reason being that it shows the direction Kakao is setting, which is an ultimate P2W environment like the one in Korea with a total disregard for its customer base. If you saw the topic someone posted recently about having purchased all the dyes on sell right before the value pack, you'd know what I mean. Kakao intentionally put the dyes on sell and didn't announce the value pack before-hand in order to milk out the last bit of money they could from dyes, knowing full well that the dyes would be completely useless after the value pack was released. Say what you want about Kakao being a business, but it ultimately shows they don't care about you.

A lot of the people who are against the +30% marketplace collection buff are people who have money and/or jobs and family - they've openly stated that the buff should be removed anyway because the game shouldn't pressure you into purchasing items off the cash shop in order for you to compete.

And that leads me to another point.. A lot of the people who completely support the value pack are people who simply don't compete, and don't try to - maybe because they can't due to their job or family, but ultimately due to a limited amount of time. It would be a good idea to implement an idea someone suggested about creating a life-skill guild in the game, run by NPCs (or just really a system to help them) that would reduce marketplace taxes on the items they sell, so then everyone is happy.

Lowering the loyalty cost and extending the duration of the loyalty version of the value pack is also a good idea.

Of course they only care about your money.  What else would they care about?  You are their customer.  They aren't your family or even a friend or acquaintance. You have labeled their actions p2w and predicted more changes to come.  So if that has ruined this game for you at this point, then leave it and find some game where they are all warm and cuddly  to their customers.  And good luck with that.  Where are you that businesses don't make money off of their customers or "milk " them so you say?

I don't feel any outrage at Daum for putting items on the cash shop that will sell and be convenience to me.  It's their business.  If they don't make money they will fold. I am really curious how you people thought when you bought the game, that the company was going to profit? Did you see how the other versions were set up?  Surely  you cannot think that the money that you paid for the game was all there was and Daum would be contented with that?  We have had two major updates with a third coming up just since the fame started.  Most games charge for new content. How many updates has WoW had that you had to buy?  And guess what.  They don't really care how their customers feel either.  They just want to make money.

It seems like you people find something to harp on every time there is the least change.  Why don't you either quit or settle down and quit worrying what will come next.  Just play till you quit having fun and then go.

Posted

Of course they only care about your money.  What else would they care about?  You are their customer.  They aren't your family or even a friend or acquaintance. You have labeled their actions p2w and predicted more changes to come.  So if that has ruined this game for you at this point, then leave it and find some game where they are all warm and cuddly  to their customers.  And good luck with that.  Where are you that businesses don't make money off of their customers or "milk " them so you say?

I don't feel any outrage at Daum for putting items on the cash shop that will sell and be convenience to me.  It's their business.  If they don't make money they will fold. I am really curious how you people thought when you bought the game, that the company was going to profit? Did you see how the other versions were set up?  Surely  you cannot think that the money that you paid for the game was all there was and Daum would be contented with that?  We have had two major updates with a third coming up just since the fame started.  Most games charge for new content. How many updates has WoW had that you had to buy?  And guess what.  They don't really care how their customers feel either.  They just want to make money.

It seems like you people find something to harp on every time there is the least change.  Why don't you either quit or settle down and quit worrying what will come next.  Just play till you quit having fun and then go.

There's only so much a customer is willing to put up with before they leave. Of course if Kakao keeps adding "pay for convenience" items and pushing the boundaries, I, and others, will be sure to leave. It happened in ArcheAge, and it's going to happen here. Yes, there will be a small group of people who will stay due to the amount of money they've already invested into the game, but Kakao will have a dying game. I don't understand why you and all of the other Kakao "supporters" enjoy being treated as objects of money. There's being a business, and then there's being abusive; Kakao's dye sell was classic bait-and-switch. Your standards are low if you think it's ok for Kakao to behave that way simply because they published a good game. And why does liking the game mean you aren't allowed to give feedback? 

As others have also repeatedly stated.. All of the content expansions in other versions of the game are completely free for everyone - including those who don't spent a single dime on the game, so why bring that up? Are we suckers for the initial $30-$50? The value pack is only $15 and the dyes and furniture included in the packages are useless.

1 person likes this

Posted

There's only so much a customer is willing to put up with before they leave. Of course if Kakao keeps adding "pay for convenience" items and pushing the boundaries, I, and others, will be sure to leave. It happened in ArcheAge, and it's going to happen here. Yes, there will be a small group of people who will stay due to the amount of money they've already invested into the game, but Kakao will have a dying game. I don't understand why you and all of the other Kakao "supporters" enjoy being treated as objects of money. There's being a business, and then there's being abusive; Kakao's dye sell was classic bait-and-switch. Your standards are low if you think it's ok for Kakao to behave that way simply because they published a good game. And why does liking the game mean you aren't allowed to give feedback? 

As others have also repeatedly stated.. All of the content expansions in other versions of the game are completely free for everyone - including those who don't spent a single dime on the game, so why bring that up? Are we suckers for the initial $30-$50? The value pack is only $15 and the dyes and furniture included in the packages are useless.

Just pointing out that the game MUST have a way to make money.  I bring up the expansions in other games because that is how they make money or a sub. How do YOU propose they make a profit?

The dyes are the best part for me.  And I do not feel abused.  I feel like a customer .

Posted

I'm fine with it.  I guess if it had to be removed I'd be okay with that too, as long as the base tax is nerfed a bit.

1 person likes this