• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

30$ for BDO is a hell of an awesome deal

134 posts in this topic

Posted

i was wondering why folks tend to pay 15$ for a game and then keep paying 12-15$ for the monthly sub , and theeeen you pay for expansions , and for whaat??? for an ancient disgusting 12 year old game, what logic drives folks to be that stupid and make fool of their self's , this is beyond ridiculous , "i guess you guys know what am talking about here"

on the other hand you have great games like BDO and GW2 , both are buy2play , you only pay once and you enjoy the rest forever " of course gw2 had its first expansion for 50$ " but i mean its so worth it and its one every"god knows" 2-3 years , anyways

on BDO matter , you just pay 30$ which is ridiculously cheap as fk compared to other MMOs out there , and you dont pay sub ,you dont pay for expansions , you just enjoy everything for 30$ ,

i just wanted to share my point of view with you guys , and listen your point of view as well! 

peace&love.

11 people like this

Posted

i was wondering why folks tend to pay 15$ for a game and then keep paying 12-15$ for the monthly sub , and theeeen you pay for expansions , and for whaat??? for an ancient disgusting 12 year old game, what logic drives folks to be that stupid and make fool of their self's , this is beyond ridiculous , "i guess you guys know what am talking about here"

on the other hand you have great games like BDO and GW2 , both are buy2play , you only pay once and you enjoy the rest forever " of course gw2 had its first expansion for 50$ " but i mean its so worth it and its one every"god knows" 2-3 years , anyways

on BDO matter , you just pay 30$ which is ridiculously cheap as fk compared to other MMOs out there , and you dont pay sub ,you dont pay for expansions , you just enjoy everything for 30$ ,

i just wanted to share my point of view with you guys , and listen your point of view as well! 

peace&love.

You will be spending far more than $30 on RNG.. welcome to P2W

3 people like this

Posted

well, i made all my gear without spending a sinle $ , i didnt pay anything in this game except for the price of the game , and what rng has to so with paying? do you buy something from the cash shop that delete the RNG? no , so shut up

17 people like this

Posted

30$ +P2W is much cheaper than 15$/month +P2W. The maths are real.

Still, OP is right and BDO is an awesome game to play for only 30$ and is pretty far for being AS P2W as everyone seems to say.

5 people like this

Posted

That would be true if the game was even remotely P2W.

3 people like this

Posted

have you even played this trainwreck of a game? 

you spend 1 week farming money just to fail on RNG afterwards and its the only way to progress in this game cus nobody sells enchanted stuff or its super rare and then you go to do pvp and fight braindead overpowered shit classes 24/7 

Posted

That would be true if the game was even remotely P2W.

well, i made all my gear without spending a sinle $ , i didnt pay anything in this game except for the price of the game , and what rng has to so with paying? do you buy something from the cash shop that delete the RNG? no , so shut up

- You aint picking up nothing without three pets

- You losing a hell of alot of money off marketplace without a value pack

- You will need several alts to effectively farm, use energy, and keep/use your fail stacks

- While everyone else is paying to win, and your grinding you ass off. you will come here to the forums to complain about it

6 people like this

Posted

GF paid 30 for base game and she's still playing everyday cooking shit and leveling horses.

3 people like this

Posted

- You will need several alts to effectively farm, use energy, and keep/use your fail stacks

- While everyone else is paying to win, and your grinding you ass off. you will come here to the forums to complain about it

-It doesn't even take 5s to do ot manually...

-That's true, thats the one of the few p2w features.

-is that even related with the topic? When you buy the game you can create the same characters than people that pay.

-This is a korean game...they will run out of money and leave...and I'm ok with that. That kind of people is like "I spent XXXXXXXXX$ in this game and my weapon failed from 10-11 Q.Q #refund #RNGesusHatesMe". Just ignore them.

1 person likes this

Posted

there is nothing in the cash shop that gives a major atvantage in game over  ppl that don't use cash shop.  all in game costumes give more bonuses to the person than cash shop. yes pet are nice for looting but not game breaking. the value pack is a choice not a have to have. yes the market place increase is nice but again not game breaking I mean getting 30% of the 35% tax isn't game breaking. P2W is ment to be used for CLEAR bonus to attack or defense of toon payed for with RL money or a ablity to sell cash shop items to in game ppl for in game cash the only thing that can be sold on market place for silver is dyes and the amount of money needed to get a dye that can be even sold is more than it is worth.

Posted (edited)

OMG I SPENT $2,000 WHY AM I NOT WINNING? WHY AM I NOT TOP IN WEALTH? WHY AM I BEHIND PEOPLE WHO DON'T SPEND A DIME? :( HOW DO I P2W!?

Edited by Sergio
6 people like this

Posted (edited)

So you didn't spend a single dime on pets, costumes, weight, or inventory slots?

All of these expansions are free in the other (F2P) versions of the game, by the way.

Edited by Catgrill

Posted

This game is not P2W.... All you can buy are inventory slots + warehouse, and costumes and gear for a horse... This isn't Digimon Masters Online (biggest P2W game I;ve ever played )

Posted

The only MMO that is not P2W is Guild Wars II.

1 person likes this

Posted

All of these expansions are free in the other (F2P) versions of the game. Just sayin'.

Welp, I'm fine paying €30 on EU/NA  and not falling behind because of whales spending hundreds on fail stacks.

1 person likes this

Posted

Welp, I'm fine paying €30 on EU/NA  and not falling behind because of whales spending hundreds on fail stacks.

Let's be real. Those fail-stack items in the KR version of the game are pay-for-convenience items because you'll eventually catch up to them since the gear cap is at PEN and PEN is still incredibly hard to reach.

Posted

Let's be real. Those fail-stack items in the KR version of the game are pay-for-convenience items because you'll eventually catch up to them since the gear cap is at PEN and PEN is still incredibly hard to reach.

It is way more than pay to convenience. Reaching 90-100 fail stacks requires hundreds of hours and possibly billions of silver. You can save up a lot of money by simply buying them.

Posted

or you can buy this month's humble bundle, and next month's humble bundle.

Posted

OMG I SPENT $2,000 WHY AM I NOT WINNING? WHY AM I NOT TOP IN WEALTH? WHY AM I BEHIND PEOPLE WHO DON'T SPEND A DIME? :( HOW DO I P2W!?

u had ur chance bk when u could sell cash shop dyes, but now ur fked

Posted

From the looks of it you listed a bunch of stuff that's just quality of life. And with the stock number of character slots you're fine, don't need to buy any extras.

Posted

If a game is good, I don't mind paying a monthly fee. Most games with a monthly fee also don't limit appearance or convenience completely behind cash shops even for multiple characters.

2 people like this

Posted

I count the potatoe

Posted

I paid a lot more than $30 and I'm not winning *sadface*

j/k for all its flaws and mishandlings this is still one of the best games on the market hands-down and I don't regret a single dollar spent.

Posted

From the looks of it you listed a bunch of stuff that's just quality of life. And with the stock number of character slots you're fine, don't need to buy any extras.

Since gear progression is pretty much tied directly to silver, and the game is gear above all else by a large margin, anything that gives you quite a large advantage in silver will likely be seen as p2w by the majority of the market. With the digging for shards, and night vendor, more character = more energy = more gear/silver. Granted this last point used to be worse when you needed energy for processing.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lol at Korea being pay for convenience

And buying a PhD is pay for convenience as well

2 people like this