• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

30$ for BDO is a hell of an awesome deal

134 posts in this topic

Posted

not one of the big spenders, but still a couple of hundred quid in and im not even good enough to be in the top guilds yet. man. did i not P2W enough? am i doing it all wrong? shit man. like. whats going on. how does this P2W work if i've paid.... do i have to wait. is there a waiting time on the winning part?

Man. my last hope to P2W is this value pack. if this doesnt work then good bye you false P2W company. Imma go play some real P2W game like planet of plebcraft.

1 person likes this

Posted

seems like this thread is made by someone without a job who can't afford better games xD

Posted

Pay For convenience>P2W right now.

This game is all about time and GRIND. It doesnt matter if that person got a pet and you dont, gear progression ends at some point everyone will catch up with TIME.

P2W Isnt going to remove RNG, person that didnt spend money in cash shop Might get better gear than a person that constantly spends money. Seriously I dont actually know what people would get out of it its not like you can sell Pears for in game gold. Value Pack? yeah you might get more silver but its not a game killing difference.

You cant just spend £30 for Game and expect it to run for 5 years without more money spent. Servers cost money. If you dont want to spend any money then don't but please, let others, at the end theyre the people that will keep this game going. Everyone should play at their own peace.

1 person likes this

Posted

well, i made all my gear without spending a sinle $ , i didnt pay anything in this game except for the price of the game , and what rng has to so with paying? do you buy something from the cash shop that delete the RNG? no , so shut up

Same here. I have no idea what these crying kids are talking about PTW. All the crying and they are STILL HERE. If the game is that bad uninstall and get the fk out. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Not quite pay to win, but clearly a step above convenience, perhaps pay to not  suffer should be used, or some other term  :$

3 people like this

Posted

Pay For convenience>P2W right now.

This game is all about time and GRIND. It doesnt matter if that person got a pet and you dont, gear progression ends at some point everyone will catch up with TIME.

P2W Isnt going to remove RNG, person that didnt spend money in cash shop Might get better gear than a person that constantly spends money. Seriously I dont actually know what people would get out of it its not like you can sell Pears for in game gold. Value Pack? yeah you might get more silver but its not a game killing difference.

You cant just spend £30 for Game and expect it to run for 5 years without more money spent. Servers cost money. If you dont want to spend any money then don't but please, let others, at the end theyre the people that will keep this game going. Everyone should play at their own peace.

And you do not need massive rng walls and possible p2w (seriously, the definition of p2w is changing and it isn't going to stop changing) to make people pay money in the west. Games like GW2 and ESO prove this.

Posted

i just wanted to share my point of view with you guys , and listen your point of view as well! 

peace&love.

well, i made all my gear without spending a sinle $ , i didnt pay anything in this game except for the price of the game , and what rng has to so with paying? do you buy something from the cash shop that delete the RNG? no , so shut up

*cough*

That said, yes, $30 is not a bad deal. Though to play comfortably, you'll be spending around 60-150 total depending on how many characters you play. Those QoL purchases really do improve the game.

-It doesn't even take 5s to do ot manually...

That's 5 seconds where someone with pets has killed 10 more mobs. 

I played the first month without pets and I couldn't finish picking up loot before dead bodies despawned and/or mobs respawned and attacked me. I don't want to think of the stuff that I missed out on. Though I will do some experiments at some point. 

2 people like this

Posted

It would have been an awesome purchase if they would prevent getting their servers ráped by 12 year old kids

Posted

*cough*

That said, yes, $30 is not a bad deal.

Haha, that was the first thing I noticed too xD I was sitting over here laughing. I love when people ask for others opinions because they want to hear them, then tell them to shut up.

Posted

I agree, specially if you're a solo player. You won't feel the need to compete with everyone or feel the need to complain all the time lol.

1 person likes this

Posted

-It doesn't even take 5s to do ot manually...

-That's true, thats the one of the few p2w features.

-is that even related with the topic? When you buy the game you can create the same characters than people that pay.

-This is a korean game...they will run out of money and leave...and I'm ok with that. That kind of people is like "I spent XXXXXXXXX$ in this game and my weapon failed from 10-11 Q.Q #refund #RNGesusHatesMe". Just ignore them.

The pets ate kind of more of a p2w factor than you give them credit for especially if you get them all to t3 which can only be done by buying them.  They need to have a version of each pet that you can readily get available for f2p players go to be able to keep recombing until you get the stats you want a t3 , the premium ones should just be skin based for this not to be a p2w feature and rather just a p4morerng shots feature.

Posted

i was wondering why folks tend to pay 15$ for a game and then keep paying 12-15$ for the monthly sub , and theeeen you pay for expansions , and for whaat??? for an ancient disgusting 12 year old game, what logic drives folks to be that stupid and make fool of their self's , this is beyond ridiculous , "i guess you guys know what am talking about here"

on the other hand you have great games like BDO and GW2 , both are buy2play , you only pay once and you enjoy the rest forever " of course gw2 had its first expansion for 50$ " but i mean its so worth it and its one every"god knows" 2-3 years , anyways

on BDO matter , you just pay 30$ which is ridiculously cheap as fk compared to other MMOs out there , and you dont pay sub ,you dont pay for expansions , you just enjoy everything for 30$ ,

i just wanted to share my point of view with you guys , and listen your point of view as well! 

peace&love.

fuk you ,you -----in filthy fanboy, stop -----in sucking daum's ----- , you -----in fanboys 

lolz. 

3 people like this

Posted

I agree, specially if you're a solo player. You won't feel the need to compete with everyone or feel the need to complain all the time lol.

Ikr, kids these days confuse competition with fun. Games are made to have fun and spend time, and in this case (MMO's) to socialize.

Also this game is definitely not Pay2Win, as I have spent some money and Im still losing. Pay2Lose perhaps?

Posted

oh cmon now... put your rainbow glasses again. 

So I guess Legion is coming soon and the numbers will drop... well ok. 
But saying this is $30 game? Get real please. 

Game will cost you way more than $30 if you want to matter more than the crow that bots kill on the way to hexe sanctuary

Posted

- You aint picking up nothing without three pets

- You losing a hell of alot of money off marketplace without a value pack

- You will need several alts to effectively farm, use energy, and keep/use your fail stacks

- While everyone else is paying to win, and your grinding you ass off. you will come here to the forums to complain about it

Bro, there is no winning in this game. You pay $30 to play as you please. As well:

1. ) That's not considered pay to win. Your pets don't help you fight mobs or players by doing damage.
  2. ) It doesn't directly give you silver, and you also have to take the time to farm for things that's worth selling on the marketplace. So no, that's not pay to win.
  3. ) I fail to see how needing to spend money to make additional characters is pay to win. It's not like WoW where you can spend money and instantly receive a level 55/6.
  4. ) Welcome to MMORPGs, the place where a common ground is found for all players to progress at an even pace, and if you want to throw a few dollars to support the game, you'll 10 to 20% bonus experience gain and that's essentially it.

The way you're talking, you're making it out to be as bad as games like FlyFF, MapleStory, Grand Fantasia and Defiance, which is so far from the truth it makes you look ignorant and more or less makes it seem like you haven't even bought the game and are just made cause you can't afford the $30 to actually buy it.

And you do not need massive rng walls and possible p2w (seriously, the definition of p2w is changing and it isn't going to stop changing) to make people pay money in the west. Games like GW2 and ESO prove this.

Don't confuse P2W with everyone thinking they're entitled to free shit that takes time and money to make.

Posted

Don't confuse P2W with everyone thinking they're entitled to free shit that takes time and money to make.

Again, p2w meaning is changing in the west. Definitions do change as culture changes and with time.

1 person likes this

Posted

Again, p2w meaning is changing in the west. Definitions do change as culture changes and with time.

Maybe, but not for the better. Before long, dumbasses will be calling cosmetic costumes P2W.

1 person likes this

Posted

"Hi, I paid $30.00 for a game that is free to play everywhere else!!"   "I GOT A HELL OF A DEAL!"

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......ha...ha!

Posted (edited)

$30 for the game is pretty good until you realize how much you have to spend to obtain the full benefits. 10% combat exp boost from full outfit set, 3-4 pets, and now the value pack. That's about $40-50 added on plus the $15 monthly subscription. I have spent at least $100 within the two months that I've been playing. That's not a whole lot compared to what some people have spent, but the real kicker is when I thought about how much I get from spending that much on a game like FF14. I can get the whole game plus 5 months of sub time without having to buy anything from cash shop to "keep up." When I thought about that, subbed games really didn't seem so bad anymore.

Edited by Kalade

Posted (edited)

"Hi, I paid $30.00 for a game that is free to play everywhere else!!"   "I GOT A HELL OF A DEAL!"

bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......ha...ha!

In Russia, lots of features are locked behind a paywall, like the laborer system. In Korea, same shit, except the cash shop is bloated with pay to win RNG boxes that can give you failstacks and boss armor. North America, you pay $30 once and get access to everything without any paywalls or P2W RNG boxes or failstack potions.

Edited by iKaneki_Ken

Posted

In Russia, lots of features are locked behind a paywall, like the laborer system. In Korea, same shit, except the cash shop is bloated with pay to win RNG boxes that can give you failstacks and boss armor. North America, you pay $30 once and get access to everything without any paywalls or P2W RNG boxes or failstack potions.

The problem is that thee game itself isn't adjusted to lacking those p2w features. Thus we get a game that is designed for those p2w features, except we have no access to those features.

Posted

The problem is that thee game itself isn't adjusted to lacking those p2w features. Thus we get a game that is designed for those p2w features, except we have no access to those features.

I agree that some aspects of the NA version weren't well though out. But they've got time to get feedback and improve and/or completely revise the old systems to meet the wants of the NA crowd. Problem is, the NA players are WAY to impatient, things like what they're asking take a lot of time to not only design, but to write in code. Not only that, every stored on their servers is more than likely stored on a MySQL database, which with how long it takes for MySQL to import and export data, all of this requires a LOT of time to do. So while it is easy to do, even the best server setups in the world take hours to crunch down the data that's presented to them.

Posted

15€ is nothing. stop whining and get a job.

Posted

So far we have gotten 2 FREE pets though 

I like free stuff 

Posted (edited)

One handed sword + flintlock/wheelock/revolver.

Awakening: scoped rifle civil war era.

Edited by Blademaster1215