• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

30$ for BDO is a hell of an awesome deal

134 posts in this topic

Posted

i was wondering why folks tend to pay 15$ for a game and then keep paying 12-15$ for the monthly sub , and theeeen you pay for expansions , and for whaat??? for an ancient disgusting 12 year old game, what logic drives folks to be that stupid and make fool of their self's , this is beyond ridiculous , "i guess you guys know what am talking about here"

on the other hand you have great games like BDO and GW2 , both are buy2play , you only pay once and you enjoy the rest forever " of course gw2 had its first expansion for 50$ " but i mean its so worth it and its one every"god knows" 2-3 years , anyways

on BDO matter , you just pay 30$ which is ridiculously cheap as fk compared to other MMOs out there , and you dont pay sub ,you dont pay for expansions , you just enjoy everything for 30$ ,

i just wanted to share my point of view with you guys , and listen your point of view as well! 

peace&love.

Have you actually tried playing BDO without spending more than the initial price?

1 person likes this

Posted

Haha, that was the first thing I noticed too xD I was sitting over here laughing. I love when people ask for others opinions because they want to hear them, then tell them to shut up.

And then you look at what he said "so shut up" to... and realize that it's not about being hostile towards others opinions and being hostile towards salty shitposting trying to make it sound like you can pay to bypass RNG.

Have you actually tried playing BDO without spending more than the initial price?

One of the best geared people in my guild (full tri and a bit more) hasn't spend more than the initial price.

He doesn't have paypal or even a credit card... I purchased the game for him (my cousin).

1 person likes this

Posted

Pay For convenience>P2W right now.

This game is all about time and GRIND.

Many of the CS item are more p2w considering it "help" you for your grind ( like outfit bonus, inv space, pet, taxe item ...)

It help you "win" enough, to not be just convenience (  like extra inv if the game was already giving you 100 inv space ) Its neither a insane p2w but still.

As for the topic subject, sure, if dont really bother with gear grind """"""competition""""" & pvp, and if you chill in that game as a "soloplayer" pve game, yeah for only 30$ is really nice

( although, the only difference with the f2p is that, for 30$ you unlock all face / hair during the character creation & have 1 more inv line...  its.. well.... )

Posted

i did , and i wil never spend a 1$ , unless they lower the prices by 60-70% , and i still enjoy it without "4pets" without outfits , without extra inventory slots , without the value pack , without the whole cash shop

2 people like this

Posted

Pay For convenience>P2W right now.

This game is all about time and GRIND. It doesnt matter if that person got a pet and you dont, gear progression ends at some point everyone will catch up with TIME.

P2W Isnt going to remove RNG, person that didnt spend money in cash shop Might get better gear than a person that constantly spends money. Seriously I dont actually know what people would get out of it its not like you can sell Pears for in game gold. Value Pack? yeah you might get more silver but its not a game killing difference.

You cant just spend £30 for Game and expect it to run for 5 years without more money spent. Servers cost money. If you dont want to spend any money then don't but please, let others, at the end theyre the people that will keep this game going. Everyone should play at their own peace.

So a game that's all about the grind, in your words, and cash shop items that make the grind less grindy and that's not P2W. Sure.

Posted (edited)

15€ is nothing. stop whining and get a job.

Not the point, tool.

The point is you paid for the same thing someone else didn't have to. You're fine with that, and people like you are why we can't have nice things. I bought the game, then discovered that in order to be competitive I had to buy more and more...I bought one pet, then decided if that's the way they were gonna be they could kiss my ass.

Edited by Wykked

Posted

Not the point, tool.

The point is you paid for the same thing someone else didn't have to. You're fine with that, and people like you are why we can't have nice things. I bought the game, then discovered that in order to be competitive I had to buy more and more...I bought one pet, then decided if that's the way they were gonna be they could kiss my ass.

why ppl complain about the cash shop? why does money even exist? spend it or burn it. its ur choice. waste it on cigs or invest in bdo... its simple like that. stop complaining and just deal with it.

Posted

i was wondering why folks tend to pay 15$ for a game and then keep paying 12-15$ for the monthly sub , and theeeen you pay for expansions , and for whaat??? for an ancient disgusting 12 year old game, what logic drives folks to be that stupid and make fool of their self's , this is beyond ridiculous , "i guess you guys know what am talking about here"

on the other hand you have great games like BDO and GW2 , both are buy2play , you only pay once and you enjoy the rest forever " of course gw2 had its first expansion for 50$ " but i mean its so worth it and its one every"god knows" 2-3 years , anyways

on BDO matter , you just pay 30$ which is ridiculously cheap as fk compared to other MMOs out there , and you dont pay sub ,you dont pay for expansions , you just enjoy everything for 30$ ,

i just wanted to share my point of view with you guys , and listen your point of view as well! 

peace&love.

Because is no bullshit...that's why. Lemme explain something to you my friend, when a company offers a subscription you know 1 thing.... everything will ONLY be earned in game, and only in game. The moment you add micro transactions, you open up a flood gates... and BDO is no exception to this rule. Look at prices of a costume, look at cost of INVENTORY slots, look at all stuff you CAN'T get with the box price. The thing about BDO is that its 30 dollar buy to play game, that also tacks on a f2p market place on top of it... and while i think its not as bad as a pure f2p game like say perfect world, or swtor in its limitations. There are limitations none the less...

on the flip side

If i buy a game for 60 dollars, and it has 30 days free, and 15 dollar subscription fee say like FF14, i can rest easy knowing that i will never have content locked off from me because i don't wanna throw money at the developers. That my 15 bills each month insure that, i can with some time, effort and elbow grease get any and all items that are available in that game. That i will never hit a wall of " give us 30 dollars for a costume! " or " pay us for quality of life " items. Everything will be earned with my own efforts and not my wallet.

So for all enjoyment i am having on BDO so far... i'd say its GREATEST flaw is its cash shop being ultra greedy... its effectively a buy 2 play game with a f2p cash shop and many of the same ideas and limitations... so uhh yea... i'd prefer a sub fee.

5 people like this

Posted

why ppl complain about the cash shop? why does money even exist? spend it or burn it. its ur choice. waste it on cigs or invest in bdo... its simple like that. stop complaining and just deal with it.

Continue to support shit business practices it's your choice to make......when they feed you a shit sandwich just deal with it.

Posted

So a game that's all about the grind, in your words, and cash shop items that make the grind less grindy and that's not P2W. Sure.

You really havent played a p2w game before.

Many of the CS item are more p2w considering it "help" you for your grind ( like outfit bonus, inv space, pet, taxe item ...)

It help you "win" enough, to not be just convenience (  like extra inv if the game was already giving you 100 inv space ) Its neither a insane p2w but still.

As for the topic subject, sure, if dont really bother with gear grind """"""competition""""" & pvp, and if you chill in that game as a "soloplayer" pve game, yeah for only 30$ is really nice

( although, the only difference with the f2p is that, for 30$ you unlock all face / hair during the character creation & have 1 more inv line...  its.. well.... )

CS Items that let you get SIlver for real money are p2w.

CS items that let you BUY your level are p2w

CS items that give you 50 AP or 500 Attack are p2w

CS items that give you failstacks so you have higher chance of getting your equipment up are p2w

CS items that prevent your weapon from degrading upon failure are p2w

CS items that let you go WAY ahead of everyone are p2w/

The only thing I would consider p2w is buying Storage and weight limit. Stops you wasting you CP on storage in towns

Oh wait... If you play long enough you can buy your weight with Loyalty points.

3 pets for me arent enough i kill mobs way too fast they pick up 3 items I pick up the rest. 3 extra items picked up is like 1 sec difference. That 1 sec is not going to break the game.

Most of the time there are still loads of items ,eft on the ground even with pets so you kinda have to pick them up yourself.

We got 2 or 3 pets in total for free without paying for them? During events?

Value pack is not game breaking either. VIP in Tera wasnt game breaking even.

Even a child gets more than £15 a month pocket money so please.

However if subscription gave you daily loot boxes for free or extra 20% more chances of dropping anything Thats more p2w.

You payed £30 and now you expect servers to live off of it for next 5 years. This is not going to happen.

Value pack was introduced 5 months after the game came out. You got free customization that you have to pay for in korea.

No propa p2w items in the cash shop, some of them were moved to loyalty shop.

You say all the tiny convenience items  are p2w and yet I see people constantly 'cry' over not being able to pay for them with in game silver.

For that amount of time grinding silver just to buy them out you would've earned enough  real money doing saturday night shift.

Also that would be real p2w. Ill buy that outfit for you you give me my silver so I can buy that Kzarka weapon already upgraded. Cool.

Posted (edited)

Continue to support shit business practices it's your choice to make......when they feed you a shit sandwich just deal with it.

bro u cant change the system. ur just a sheep, deal with it. dont waste ur energy. go gym and give a shit.. its just a game. i mean seriously, get some pussies and be happy haha

Edited by NukeEmAll

Posted

peace&love.

"great games like BDO and GW2"

great games like BDO and GW2

AND GW2

Guild wars 2 is f2p. 

Posted

i did , and i wil never spend a 1$ , unless they lower the prices by 60-70% , and i still enjoy it without "4pets" without outfits , without extra inventory slots , without the value pack , without the whole cash shop

Eh, you may enjoy it. But you dont get to call a game a great deal when we get chars with severely limited inv space for our 30 Euros.

Posted (edited)

You really havent played a p2w game before.

I know what ppl consider as "p2w" that's stuff very extremist we will more likely never see in the west.

But you also miss the point of that game regarding the "progression", so how many CS item "increase" that, and since the progression "never" end ( regarding lvl, and you wont make me believe getting +20 gear is "fast" )

Thoses "pay to progress faster" turn into "win" because you will have advantage. And even if its a 1% advantage in a game like this, its still change victory balance at your advantage

So yeah thoses are still more p2w than only convenience.

Because pay 2 win, never meant "pay to NECESSARY win" but you still pay to have advantage & "win" more easyly than a legit player.

If the BDO gear, was, for exemple, more like GW2 gear, where its no rng, so in the end "very" accessible, yeah most boost wouldnt be "p2w"

About the taxe item, please, remove your blinker, this is a very bad item & the advantage is insane if 1/4 of your brain is functionnal enough to more or less correctly use the auction house.

Edited by woots

Posted

I've paid close to $400 and I'm not "winning" either. The only thing I'm winning in is enjoying my time spent in game only have +15 everything and that's it, lvl 56 and about 30m pure silver. Having all the shop advantages does help no lifes more though I guess, but let's be real they would be ahead regardless..

Posted (edited)

I know what ppl consider as "p2w" that's stuff very extremist we will more likely never see in the west.

But you also miss the point of that game regarding the "progression", so how many CS item "increase" that, and since the progression "never" end ( regarding lvl, and you wont make me believe getting +20 gear is "fast" )

Thoses "pay to progress faster" turn into "win" because you will have advantage. And even if its a 1% advantage in a game like this, its still change victory balance at your advantage

So yeah thoses are still more p2w than only convenience.

Because pay 2 win, never meant "pay to NECESSARY win" but you still pay to have advantage & "win" more easyly than a legit player.

If the BDO gear, was, for exemple, more like GW2 gear, where its no rng, so in the end "very" accessible, yeah most boost wouldnt be "p2w"

About the taxe item, please, remove your blinker, this is a very bad item & the advantage is insane if 1/4 of your brain is functionnal enough to more or less correctly use the auction house.

In my opinion every game should have some sort of ' pay to convenience'

Why should it all be about people that dont have a job?

Its REALLY not that big of a cost, seriously. We work for it, we go to work for it. Its pretty fair in my opinion.

Ive already spent almost 1k on this game. And trust me I dont work 24/7

Edited by XkiviX

Posted

Why should it all about people that dont have a job?

Its REALLY not that big of a cost, seriously.

The quality of mods bespeaks the professionalism of Duam.

2 people like this

Posted

The quality of mods bespeaks the professionalism of Duam.

Oh I have the right to have an opinion on everything like everyone else. I dont think im jumping around calling people names.

Unless you think that being a volunteer moderator restricts me from speaking my mind, you are wrong.

Also you can ignore the ' volunteer moderator part' because its pretty boring and I will resign tomorrow :)

Posted (edited)

Why should it all be about people that dont have a job?

Its REALLY not that big of a cost, seriously. We work for it, we go to work for it. Its pretty fair in my opinion.

The issue isnt the money there ( nor not willing to support the game ). Its the "how you feel forced" to pay / the advantage if you pay compare to when you dont

And as someone already said, that game is "pay to not be inconvenienced" rather than "pay for convenience" if you really  bury your head to refuse the "p2w" aspect of the BDO cash shop ( even if its not an insane p2w except for the crap taxe shit)

You really miss most of the point lol. But guess PA / Daum like customer like you xD

Edited by woots
2 people like this

Posted

The issue isnt the money there ( nor not willing to support the game ). Its the "how you feel forced" to pay / the advantage if you pay compare to when you dont

And as someone already said, that game is "pay to not be inconvenienced" rather than "pay for convenience" if you really  bury your head to refuse the "p2w" aspect of the BDO cash shop ( even if its an insane p2w except for the crap taxe shit)

You really miss most of the point lol. But guess PA / Daum like customer like you xD

The thing is I dont feel forced. I know people who didnt spend money on the game at all.

They just use pets from events and Free Value pack to get silver from AH.

Or one of them once said to me ' Theres value pack for one day in loyalty shop, all I have to do is to get enough mats and create stuff then sell them on AH in that one day for huge profit'

You really have no reason to feel forced to pay. I dont feel forced at all I just like to do so.

1 person likes this

Posted

The thing is I dont feel forced.

Its a way to manage the cash shop item content, what you can get in game, so the need of them.

Convenience  is like watching a movie in a theater Vs home screen.

BDO is like turning the room t°c hot and selling fresh air. You ofc can deal with the high t°c but you are still inconvenienced compare to thoses paying.

You might not feel forced, but in the end, you pay because the advantage are "too big" to do without ( if you arent strong enough to say "no" )

As for the excuse of the 1day sub crap with loyalty. lol Please its 1 day every what ? 15days ( dont remember the exact price ) you are still -----ed up hard compare to the 30days buyer. Paying still provide a insane advantage.

BDO cash shop is clear not just convenience. GW2 is nearly only a convenience CS. ( well gave up that game since quite some month, so it might have change, but i doubt so )

Posted

bro u cant change the system. ur just a sheep, deal with it. dont waste ur energy. go gym and give a shit.. its just a game. i mean seriously, get some pussies and be happy haha

WTF are you like 10 or something?

Posted

So far we have gotten 2 FREE pets though 

I like free stuff 

Technically 3 through the achievements.

Posted

Eh, you may enjoy it. But you dont get to call a game a great deal when we get chars with severely limited inv space for our 30 Euros.

If only there were free quests that gave you an extra 40+ inventory spaces....

As for the excuse of the 1day sub crap with loyalty. lol Please its 1 day every what ? 15days ( dont remember the exact price ) you are still -----ed up hard compare to the 30days buyer. Paying still provide a insane advantage.

I completely it agrees, it sucks so much that Daum didn't just give 30-90 days for free to every single player. Why don't they add the Value Pack to the attendance reward as well, something like 7 days long? Then you'd have a MINIMUM of 37 days just for logging into the game....

Posted

So guys, I had a lengthy conversation with XkiviX and I'm happy that I could convince her to stay as a Mod.

Please accept, that Mods are free to express their opinions like every other community member as long as it happens in the boundaries of our forum rules, because they are in fact still community members. Of course we expect Mods to show exemplary behaviour but having an opinion is absolute ok.
If some of you feel this to be unprofessional from our side, be my guest.