• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

30$ for BDO is a hell of an awesome deal

134 posts in this topic

Posted

So guys, I had a lengthy conversation with XkiviX and I'm happy that I could convince her to stay as a Mod.

Please accept, that Mods are free to express their opinions like every other community member as long as it happens in the boundaries of our forum rules, because they are in fact still community members. Of course we expect Mods to show exemplary behaviour but having an opinion is absolute ok.
If some of you feel this to be unprofessional from our side, be my guest.

Fix pvp and stop balancing classes around awakenings we don't have.

Posted

The thing is I dont feel forced. I know people who didnt spend money on the game at all.

They just use pets from events and Free Value pack to get silver from AH.

Or one of them once said to me ' Theres value pack for one day in loyalty shop, all I have to do is to get enough mats and create stuff then sell them on AH in that one day for huge profit'

You really have no reason to feel forced to pay. I dont feel forced at all I just like to do so.

rly nice to read. thats exactly my opinion :D

Posted

So guys, I had a lengthy conversation with XkiviX and I'm happy that I could convince her to stay as a Mod.

Please accept, that Mods are free to express their opinions like every other community member as long as it happens in the boundaries of our forum rules, because they are in fact still community members. Of course we expect Mods to show exemplary behaviour but having an opinion is absolute ok.
If some of you feel this to be unprofessional from our side, be my guest.

5TTV0x8.gif

Posted

rly nice to read. thats exactly my opinion :D

We all have opinions ^_^ Im glad we share the same one :P

Posted

I have played some real P2W games, 100% PvP, games where you can buy instantly BiS gear with money. But if you don't buy them you just CAN'T PLAY because to have this gear without paying you must win PvP matches against people with this paid stuff. And this paid stuff is like 10 times better than your crafter stuff. That's a true P2W game, a game where you can't progress without paying.

In BDO you can actually farm this stuff. The rest is convinience.

Only problem (a huge problem) : the cost of costumes. Seriously men : zerkers in Grunil armor look like homeless people (like nearly every class...). So 30 euros to look ok ? A bit much. 15 would be good (if it was account wide ofc)

Posted

The thing is I dont feel forced. I know people who didnt spend money on the game at all.

They just use pets from events and Free Value pack to get silver from AH.

Or one of them once said to me ' Theres value pack for one day in loyalty shop, all I have to do is to get enough mats and create stuff then sell them on AH in that one day for huge profit'

But are they competitive? Active players who don't buy the value pack and use the loyalty version instead won't have enough time to sell two weeks' worth of items through the AH in a single day. It's not that people can't afford to buy the value pack, it's that they are forced to in order to be competitive. Cash shop items should be optional; we shouldn't be pressured into buying items in order to compete. This is on top of all of Jouska's previous statements about there not being any P2W items in the game, about there being no subscription, and about this version being "our version".

At this rate, the game will be P2W in no time. I feel like even if the game does well financially months from now, Kakao is going to go P2W no matter what. It's been a part of their agenda the entire time, and it's not like they'll be forced to do it either - if they bothered listening to the community and made requested changes, the game wouldn't have players constantly leaving. 

Posted

[sarcasm]

Next step is to add the Valk Cry or w/e is the item called adding fail stacks. In the end with time we will have same gear, so let people have it faster. Not pay to win at all, right? It would be just a convinient feature for those who doesn't like the RNG fail stack system to make it easier for them.. I know people who wouldn't buy them so it isn't mendatory for everyone to enjoy the game.

Bah, while at it, make horses within game a premium feature. Every horse 30 euro in form of a box having separate chances for higher tiers. And once again not everyone would buy them, as you can run on foot just slower so they are not mendatory. See? Another great feature to make the game running that isn't P2W and keeps the servers alive.

[/sarcasm]

Seriously hearing some people reasonings on this forums are often funnier then watching a commedy with Jim Carrey.

TL;DR: Just because there are people who doesn't care about buying something and in your opinion the profit is minimal, it doesn't really mean it doesnt affect the progress of your character which is literally P2W. Outfits are "just 10", however if you add every single item its 32% exp bonus. That's 1/3 of the time saved that someone else has to do the same thing. Do the math, and that's only one of the examples. 

P.S. Yes, I've spent alot on this game and I'm not asking everything to be free but making so many important things gated via $$ will result in a game like Evolve, where everything came in DLC being overpriced making the game boring and uncompetitive. If you want to keep the servers alive simply by limiting number of players playing resulting in reduced cost, be my guest.

Posted

- You aint picking up nothing without three pets

- You losing a hell of alot of money off marketplace without a value pack

- You will need several alts to effectively farm, use energy, and keep/use your fail stacks

- While everyone else is paying to win, and your grinding you ass off. you will come here to the forums to complain about it

I always tend to throw money at games to help me progress as I don't get to play more than a few hours a day, My best friend is in the other boat, has loads of free time and refuses to spend a dime on any game. We started playing the exact same day, he has yet to buy 1 inventory expansions, 1 weight increase, or 1 pet (yes he picks up loot by hand), and he has better gear, more money than I do. Some of it is the amount of time he has, some is just Luck with the RNG in this game. I spent 250 mill to get my liverto to +15, he spent 27 mill. He doesn't complain about the cash shop items, doesn't bother him or affect his play style, its his choice to spend or not to spend. 

Posted

If only there were free quests that gave you an extra 40+ inventory spaces....

40 inv slot compare to  100++ when you pay, damn they are soooooooooooo generous 9_9

I completely it agrees, it sucks so much that Daum didn't just give 30-90 days for free to every single player. Why don't they add the Value Pack to the attendance reward as well, something like 7 days long? Then you'd have a MINIMUM of 37 days just for logging into the game....

That cheap """"irony"""" do not change the huge unbalance created by that "sub" item. ( the taxe thing ofc, the rest is fine tho )

So the fact that giving a 1day" free" is only a easy move to have ppl like you still defend such item, because you know, you only see "they are "nice" they still give one day free" and totaly forget how the taxe item is broken. 9_9

Posted

have you even played this trainwreck of a game? 

you spend 1 week farming money just to fail on RNG afterwards and its the only way to progress in this game cus nobody sells enchanted stuff or its super rare and then you go to do pvp and fight braindead overpowered shit classes 24/7 

Why do you even play this game if you consider it so bad?

I love this game! It has SO much to do in it there isn't enough time in a day to do it. And as far as spending the first week farming money, almost all other games are the same way because you start with nothing. Game are meant to have fun, which clearly you are not having here. So why are you here?

- You aint picking up nothing without three pets

- You losing a hell of alot of money off marketplace without a value pack

- You will need several alts to effectively farm, use energy, and keep/use your fail stacks

- While everyone else is paying to win, and your grinding you ass off. you will come here to the forums to complain about it

I love this game! And . . . . . 

* I don't have any pets and just pick the stuff up . . . .no biggie!
* I love the Value Packs and will keep buying them after the free ones are gone. . . . . no biggie!
* I have MAX alts ( 11 characters ). The game even recommends it and players encourage it. Alts are a good thing! All that Energy. YEA!
* The game is hella fun and YOU'RE the only one complaining about it.

Posted

40 inv slot compare to  100++ when you pay, damn they are soooooooooooo generous 9_9

Hold up a second, why do you ignore when I put "40+" but put "100++" for your argument? Sorry but if you want to have an argument it's best not to ignore the facts. :) You get 24 slots for free by having a character, you then get a further 40+ by doing your quests. This puts you at a MINIMUM of 64 slots out of a possible 192, which is 33.3% of the total inventory slots. This is before you spend any money and ignoring the fact that apart from fishing, you don't need this many slots as you cans tore items in all the various FREE storage spaces.

Seems rather fine to me, but if you're not happy you're more than welcome to NOT spend your money. Or, find a new game to play if you're that unhappy. :) 

That cheap """"irony"""" do not change the huge unbalance created by that "sub" item. ( the taxe thing ofc, the rest is fine tho )

How is it unbalanced if every single person who plays this game has access to the item? 

So the fact that giving a 1day" free" is only

I think you're having a small difficulty with the numbers here, let me help you out.

They've given a MINIMUM of 37-97 days out for free, not 1. Please try again when you can figure out how numbers work. :) 

Posted

We all have opinions ^_^ Im glad we share the same one :P

Most people don't like my opinions because I actually lace them with facts.

Down with pseudoscience!

1 person likes this

Posted

Mervs Pallet is so P2W. 

Posted

30$ allows you to trot around in a standard korean f2p grinder, severely gimped in all aspects of gameplay and forever looking like a peasant. I guess that's okay, but I wouldn't call it a hell of an awesome deal.

Posted

Most people don't like my opinions because I actually lace them with facts.

Down with pseudoscience!

Oh well what can we do :P

Posted

Why do you even play this game if you consider it so bad?

I love this game! It has SO much to do in it there isn't enough time in a day to do it. And as far as spending the first week farming money, almost all other games are the same way because you start with nothing. Game are meant to have fun, which clearly you are not having here. So why are you here?

I love this game! And . . . . . 

* I don't have any pets and just pick the stuff up . . . .no biggie!
* I love the Value Packs and will keep buying them after the free ones are gone. . . . . no biggie!
* I have MAX alts ( 11 characters ). The game even recommends it and players encourage it. Alts are a good thing! All that Energy. YEA!
* The game is hella fun and YOU'RE the only one complaining about it.

Really? Like really really?

AFK fishing..look at how much I am not doing!

AFK horse training..look at how much there is to not do!

AFK pack carrying..I am not doing so much playing right now I can't even!

Shoveling... look at how much fun it is to digitally dig in the dirt!!  not.

AFK crafting...Being a slave master has it's perks...you still are not doing anything.

I think the problem is that everyone has been fed shit MMORPG's for so long they are used to the taste and can no longer tell when it's being shoved down their throats. The game has it's ups, but they are not enough to make it not taste like shit.

Posted

The issue isnt the money there ( nor not willing to support the game ). Its the "how you feel forced" to pay / the advantage if you pay compare to when you dont

And as someone already said, that game is "pay to not be inconvenienced" rather than "pay for convenience" if you really  bury your head to refuse the "p2w" aspect of the BDO cash shop ( even if its an insane p2w except for the crap taxe shit)

You really miss most of the point lol. But guess PA / Daum like customer like you xD

I have never ONCE felt forced to buy ANYTHING from the cash shop. So it's really subjective opinion on your part.

Posted

Everyone has a different way of getting used to their new position. Some might be faster, some might take their time in order to be precise and right in their actions. That said, please give our new mods some room to breathe, no need to go full out and attack them, they are spending their free time to keep the forums clean after all.

Posted

You really havent played a p2w game before.

So that means we can have stuff that's less P2W. It's ridiculous.

Oh I have the right to have an opinion on everything like everyone else. I dont think im jumping around calling people names.

Unless you think that being a volunteer moderator restricts me from speaking my mind, you are wrong.

Also you can ignore the ' volunteer moderator part' because its pretty boring and I will resign tomorrow :)

In my opinion every game should have some sort of ' pay to convenience'

Why should it all be about people that dont have a job?

Its REALLY not that big of a cost, seriously. We work for it, we go to work for it. Its pretty fair in my opinion.

Ive already spent almost 1k on this game. And trust me I dont work 24/7

In this game pay to convenience is pay to win as you said it yourself it's a "grind" game.

Being a volunteer moderator means you should not be spouting ignorant stuff like 'not have a job'.

Resign. Prove us wrong because you're a Deska 2.0.

2 people like this

Posted

Agreed, especially when you compare gaming to other entertainment activities that cost hundreds if not thousands of dollars (not that you cant spend that much on a game). Just saying, go to a movie, see how much you spend for 2 hours or less of entertainment...

Posted

Oh well what can we do :P

Well, what can I do... Personally? I thank that daum did not make me a vol mod, even though I gave an application.

I realized shortly after, that I wouldn't be able to go back to a moderator position.
I'm too aggressive.

I like being too aggressive.

/Shrug.

Daumit.

Posted

Hold up a second, why do you ignore when I put "40+" but put "100++" for your argument? Sorry but if you want to have an argument it's best not to ignore the facts. :)

Guess you dont see much further your very short nose to get what i meant. I suppose it doesnt worse trying to make you understand tho.

Seems rather fine to me, but if you're not happy you're more than welcome to NOT spend your money. Or, find a new game to play if you're that unhappy. :) 

See previews answer. it apply here too.

Cheap irony, cheap troll, or you are really... well... you really dont think a lot. Too bad that's a thing ppl cant grind. otherwise, i would advise you a lot of grind :o

Posted

Really? Like really really?

AFK fishing..look at how much I am not doing!

AFK horse training..look at how much there is to not do!

AFK pack carrying..I am not doing so much playing right now I can't even!

Shoveling... look at how much fun it is to digitally dig in the dirt!!  not.

AFK crafting...Being a slave master has it's perks...you still are not doing anything.

I think the problem is that everyone has been fed shit MMORPG's for so long they are used to the taste and can no longer tell when it's being shoved down their throats. The game has it's ups, but they are not enough to make it not taste like shit.

Fishing, horse training, and pack carrying can all be done afk, true...However, they can be done far more efficiently if you're doing them ACTIVELY. Shoveling, you still need to deal with heat exhaustion and hypo, so still need to be semi-there. I don't craft really, so I can't comment on crafting.

There is a lot to do in this game though, that's very true.

Posted

Guess you dont see much further your very short nose to get what i meant. I suppose it doesnt worse trying to make you understand tho.

See previews answer. it apply here too.

Cheap irony, cheap troll, or you are really... well... you really dont think a lot. Too bad that's a thing ppl cant grind. otherwise, i would advise you a lot of grind :o

So, can't actually refute my points then and focus on personal attacks instead. God I love being right this much, it's just so much fun. 

Posted

Fishing, horse training, and pack carrying can all be done afk, true...However, they can be done far more efficiently if you're doing them ACTIVELY. Shoveling, you still need to deal with heat exhaustion and hypo, so still need to be semi-there. I don't craft really, so I can't comment on crafting.

There is a lot to do in this game though, that's very true.

You're still doing the exact same thing over and over, if this is the new norm for content then these are dark times indeed.