• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

30$ for BDO is a hell of an awesome deal

134 posts in this topic

Posted

So, can't actually refute my points then and focus on personal attacks instead. God I love being right this much, it's just so much fun. 

He is actually right, you are the one trying to argue semantics. The fact that everyone temporarily gets the value pack for free does not change the core of his argument, which is that certain features of the game have been stripped out only to be sold back to us at an additional cost. "Don't play it if you don't like it" doesn't change his argument either. And it is obvious why having access to the value pack 30 days a month is an advantage over having it several days a month. There's no way you couldn't figure that out, you are just being rude and obnoxious to him for no reason.

Posted

certain features of the game have been stripped out only to be sold back to us at an additional cost

Quick question, but what has been stripped from the game? The value pack has added in either new features or features which you previously had to pay for anyway.

. "Don't play it if you don't like it" doesn't change his argument either.

In what way does it not change the argument? Everyone has the value pack for free, if you have an issue with this then you shouldn't be playing the game as you have an issue with the game itself. 

And it is obvious why having access to the value pack 30 days a month is an advantage over having it several days a month. There's no way you couldn't figure that out,

The only real advantage the value pack has is the 30% marketplace tax, so there's no real difference between having it for 30 days or having it for ~9 days (2 loyalty packs and the 7 day attendance reward) as that you've still got time to sell everything you want to make more silver. Also, as we can't see the future we can't possibly comment on how many days we get for free in the future. 

you are just being rude and obnoxious to him for no reason.

Sorry, but proving someone wrong isn't rude. :) If you feel that someone with a different view to you is insulting, please use the ignore function so that you don't get triggered. 

Posted

Sorry, but proving someone wrong isn't rude. :) If you feel that someone with a different view to you is insulting, please use the ignore function so that you don't get triggered. 

Says the forum's village idiot that is triggered by every single harsh...and true, criticism thrown at this rubbish. :)

Posted

The same thing could be said of...every other game I can think of.

Overwatch - Different maps, but same thing, attack and defend the nodes.

Diablo 3 - Rifts, Great Rifts, Bounties.

League, Smite, DOTA 2, Heroes...

Games are designed to be repetitive. In just about every game, you'll be doing the same thing (or things), over and over and over...

Posted

WoW has a milion times better server, code and support. If they wouldn't have gone the casual (i.e. more money) approche I would still be playing it. Unfortunally BDO is going more and more that way, too.

Posted

That would be true if the game was even remotely P2W.

i think the game is VERY pay to win because:

1) Great gear is unbeatable, one need to grind fast and make money fast to stay competive and have a life. 

2) The expensive convenience features Add up fast.... These convienience effectively let one grind at much much faster (50 to 100% cumulative)

With said one doesnt need to buy a thing if they just say craft and explore the world. i will also say the new monthly treasure chest which boost stuff across your family is a GREAT deal compared to buying all that stuff for all alts.

Because is no bullshit...that's why. Lemme explain something to you my friend, when a company offers a subscription you know 1 thing.... everything will ONLY be earned in game, and only in game. The moment you add micro transactions, you open up a flood gates... and BDO is no exception to this rule. Look at prices of a costume, look at cost of INVENTORY slots, look at all stuff you CAN'T get with the box price. The thing about BDO is that its 30 dollar buy to play game, that also tacks on a f2p market place on top of it... and while i think its not as bad as a pure f2p game like say perfect world, or swtor in its limitations. There are limitations none the less...

on the flip side

If i buy a game for 60 dollars, and it has 30 days free, and 15 dollar subscription fee say like FF14, i can rest easy knowing that i will never have content locked off from me because i don't wanna throw money at the developers. That my 15 bills each month insure that, i can with some time, effort and elbow grease get any and all items that are available in that game. That i will never hit a wall of " give us 30 dollars for a costume! " or " pay us for quality of life " items. Everything will be earned with my own efforts and not my wallet.

So for all enjoyment i am having on BDO so far... i'd say its GREATEST flaw is its cash shop being ultra greedy... its effectively a buy 2 play game with a f2p cash shop and many of the same ideas and limitations... so uhh yea... i'd prefer a sub fee.

i'd say its GREATEST flaw is its cash shop being ultra greedy ...... its cashed shop is allmost an order of magnitude higher priced than games i played.

i guess thats my sentiments. I played Archeage and ESO both for about $11 to $15 per month and allways felt i had all i need. In BDO i drop a $100 and in a week to a month its gone. Some of the convenience items can double your grind speed ...  speed is money and money is gear and gear wins. Also in other games ESO say good gear and great gear which might cost 10x to 100x more actually added very little 10% at most. In BDO great great gear adds a direct amount...... going from a level 14 weapon to level 15 adds a lot. 

I do like the monthly treasure chest.... it will limit my spending to about $15 a month which is reasonable.

I do like the game a lot but lately every thing inconvenient makes me think it was designed that way to sell over price cash shop stuff.

Posted

The same thing could be said of...every other game I can think of.

Overwatch - Different maps, but same thing, attack and defend the nodes.

Diablo 3 - Rifts, Great Rifts, Bounties.

League, Smite, DOTA 2, Heroes...

Games are designed to be repetitive. In just about every game, you'll be doing the same thing (or things), over and over and over...

I guess it comes down to whether that repetitive shit is fun, and in the case of MMOs, is it in line with what people want to do, not forced to do (ex. pvp players having to do pve stuff to advance and vice versa).

Posted

Except that this game doesn't require you to pay anything to start playing in other regions.

Posted

1) Great gear is unbeatable, one need to grind fast and make money fast to stay competive and have a life. 

2) The expensive convenience features Add up fast.... These convienience effectively let one grind at much much faster (50 to 100% cumulative)

With said one doesnt need to buy a thing if they just say craft and explore the world. i will also say the new monthly treasure chest which boost stuff across your family is a GREAT deal compared to buying all that stuff for all alts.

i'd say its GREATEST flaw is its cash shop being ultra greedy ...... its cashed shop is allmost an order of magnitude higher priced than games i played.

i guess thats my sentiments. I played Archeage and ESO both for about $11 to $15 per month and allways felt i had all i need. In BDO i drop a $100 and in a week to a month its gone. Some of the convenience items can double your grind speed ...  speed is money and money is gear and gear wins. Also in other games ESO say good gear and great gear which might cost 10x to 100x more actually added very little 10% at most. In BDO great great gear adds a direct amount...... going from a level 14 weapon to level 15 adds a lot. 

I do like the monthly treasure chest.... it will limit my spending to about $15 a month which is reasonable.

I do like the game a lot but lately every thing inconvenient makes me think it was designed that way to sell over price cash shop stuff.

The problem i have is that... in most other games, where you have to buy inventory slots, where you need to buy certain items from the shop is that those are FREE to play games. No cost to start playing, you can jump in and go and get a feel, so they EARN there money by making a good game, and then getting you to pay into it. The issue i have with BD is that it has a box price... so that means if its NOT a cosmetic item and i mean PURELY cosmetic... i should be able to get it in game in some way.

Take GW2 for example, yea you can buy stuff in the shop and some of its nice, but i never found myself REQUIRED to buy anything from that shop. Incentive was there, and sometimes i felt compelled but never forced. Because 90% if not everything was offered was something in game could be earned anyway. BD is in this strange place where they WANT us to buy a box copy.... and yet... then are trying to shoe horn in a f2p market? yea that's not ok... if you want a buy 2 play game you gotta tailor it in that direction at this point i'd say... just needs to be a f2p game... then all issues i have sort of vanish because, you dont have any investment in the game to try it out.

Posted

Can i swipe my card and be +20 already? No? Oh I guess it's not P2W then.

Look, Daum/Kakao gave us a penguin($11?), Bird($11?) Value Pack($15) = $37, base game(which I purchased) is $30.

So far just those three items alone, Daum/Kakao is paying ME to at this point. Did I mention all the other free pearl items, RNG boxes, dyes, etc. that they've also given to us, for FREE? People will ----- about anything.

People need to manage their funds better if they cannot afford even a Value Pack(which isn't required). WoW has been doing a monthly sub since the beginning and old school MMOs have charged a sub too; you'd think people know what this concept is. Spend your entertainment dollars wisely if you cannot afford things. A day at the fair costs more than the Value Pack + a costume to boot. A movie ticket + food and/or drink costs more than the Value Pack for 2-3 hours of entertainment. $15 for a whole month of entertainment is by far cheaper than most other entertainment options. Lets not get into In App Purchases these days; guess most of the criers must be Google Play store people who rip off apps from the secondary market/stores; no wonder most devs prefer Apple over Google when it comes to making quality apps.

Just my thoughts, feel free to flame as you please; I really don't give a -----. I'll be playing for years to come since there isn't any other MMO that's even close to this game. Yes there are things that needs fixing such as servers primarily and class balancing, etc. but the future content that I see down the line will have me continually logging in and supporting this game. So far the PvP in this game brings me back to Blackrock Mountain open world pvp(vanilla WoW) or Dark Age of Camelot open world RvR/Relic Raids(node wars) days and I love it.

Tamer & Cook, Orwen N.A.

Posted

So guys, I had a lengthy conversation with XkiviX and I'm happy that I could convince her to stay as a Mod.

Please accept, that Mods are free to express their opinions like every other community member as long as it happens in the boundaries of our forum rules, because they are in fact still community members. Of course we expect Mods to show exemplary behaviour but having an opinion is absolute ok.
If some of you feel this to be unprofessional from our side, be my guest.

What is unprofessional is informing your customers you have time for "lengthy conversations" mollifying your "moderators" yet you dont have single minute to tell us what exactly is being done about multiple issues plaguing the game. Like lvl 50 quest we got promised something will be done about oh how long ago?, stable bug, horses bugs, training bugs, just to name a few minor ones. That is unprofessional and disrespectful.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

So, can't actually refute my points then and focus on personal attacks instead. God I love being right this much, it's just so much fun. 

I can without much issue, but there is no point to do so, since you only provided thoughtless answer in the firt place ( and not sure you could even understand considering your limited answer xD ). Or if that was a bait for whatever useless discussion.  that's even more uninteresting.

Edited by woots

Posted

What is unprofessional is informing your customers you have time for "lengthy conversations" mollifying your "moderators" yet you dont have single minute to tell us what exactly is being done about multiple issues plaguing the game. Like lvl 50 quest we got promised something will be done about oh how long ago?, stable bug, horses bugs, training bugs, just to name a few minor ones. That is unprofessional and disrespectful.

For once, I agree with you.

Posted (edited)

---

Edited by Anne_Rose

Posted (edited)

The first example you gave is the exact opposite of Pay to Win lol... You play the game to obtain the best gear. The Second example 50-100% cumulative? Right now to my knowledge unless you want to count the loyalty shop, which costs no Real Money, the most extra Exp we can get is 20%, 10% from the costume, 10% from the Value Pack. Another 50% if you have enough of the FREE loyalty points. (This isn't counting anything you can buy within the game ex. Milk Tea)

As far as the second part of your post, I have no idea what you were trying to say. 

Edited by Averagetroll

Posted

The problem i have is that... in most other games, where you have to buy inventory slots, where you need to buy certain items from the shop is that those are FREE to play games. No cost to start playing, you can jump in and go and get a feel, so they EARN there money by making a good game, and then getting you to pay into it. The issue i have with BD is that it has a box price... so that means if its NOT a cosmetic item and i mean PURELY cosmetic... i should be able to get it in game in some way.

Take GW2 for example, yea you can buy stuff in the shop and some of its nice, but i never found myself REQUIRED to buy anything from that shop. Incentive was there, and sometimes i felt compelled but never forced. Because 90% if not everything was offered was something in game could be earned anyway. BD is in this strange place where they WANT us to buy a box copy.... and yet... then are trying to shoe horn in a f2p market? yea that's not ok... if you want a buy 2 play game you gotta tailor it in that direction at this point i'd say... just needs to be a f2p game... then all issues i have sort of vanish because, you dont have any investment in the game to try it out.

EQ = $60 + $15 a month + Cash shop
EQ2 = $60 + 
$15 a month + Cash shop
SWTOR = $50 + $15 a month + Cash shop
Wildstar = $45 + $15 a month + Cash shop

These are a few of the great games I have played over the years. When they first came out this is what I paid. And people complain about a little cheap $30? $30 is nothing for a great game like this!

I don't see what the problem is except people like to complain about nothing!

And as for the P2W, there is NOTHING P2W about BDO. Nothing! People don't know what P2W is at all! Can we buy a level 55 character? No! In Everquest 2 you can for $50. Can we buy an invincibility potion for 24 hours for PVP? No! In another game you can for $25.

Those are P2W items. There is nothing even close to that here. I have 11 characters. I have a full set of +15 gear and weapons. I have good stats. And I didn't pay for them at all. I got them all in-game. However, I am going to buy the Value pack when my free ones are gone just for the extra storage/inventory space, extra weight, and remote node investment. How in the hell does THAT alter your game play or give me an advantage over you? It doesn't.

Posted

have you even played this trainwreck of a game? 

you spend 1 week farming money just to fail on RNG afterwards and its the only way to progress in this game cus nobody sells enchanted stuff or its super rare and then you go to do pvp and fight braindead overpowered shit classes 24/7 

Im pretty sure it's you that doesn't play. The market place is full of enchanted weapons and armor these days. I bought a +15 Liverto and there were 5 others for sale at the same time...and not pre-order.

Posted

The 30$ is only the start because in game there are a lot of cleverly done mechanics to make the players to spend more like:

- weight - this one is extremely annoying and it is said to be a counter for bots though ironically the best way to get more weight is with $$$
NO! The best way is walking with packs. I got 5 of my characters to carry over 500 that way. More than enough weight! No money spent!

- pets - having them with 4sec cooldown when looting compared to many other games where the cooldown is 0.5sec kinda talks by itself
After a fight, just press "R" to gather loot. No pets needed. No money spent!

- inventory slots - you can barely get 50ish inventory slots from everything which is really not enough while at the same time other games give 80 up to 120 inventory slots for free
Do all the bag quests and you will have WAY over 50 slots for free like I have. I've never played any game that gives 120 slots unless I paid a sub. Here, no money spent!

- storage - can be bought with contribution points but should we really spend them for storage space when we would want our contribution points to go into nodes/workers/farms/etc?
It's called "Contribution management" and at over 250 Contribution, I have more than enough for everything I need, including 190 slots in 2 cities. No money spent!

- value pack - many say that it is optional but if it was option then it should be made to give "optional" bonuses that do not give a clear advantage over other players..
I love the pack and will buy it every month. Why? Because it allows for remote node management and even more space and weight. Thats the only reason I need. How does THAT give me an advantage over you? It doesn't!!!!!  What it does is make the game more fun for me. And you know what? It's COMPLETELY OPTIONAL! If I don't buy it, I can still play.

Posted

Actually $30 is pretty expensive to get access to premium hairstyles and faces.

Posted

have you even played this trainwreck of a game? 

you spend 1 week farming money just to fail on RNG afterwards and its the only way to progress in this game cus nobody sells enchanted stuff or its super rare and then you go to do pvp and fight braindead overpowered shit classes 24/7 

You claim this and still play.

Posted

Im pretty sure it's you that doesn't play. The market place is full of enchanted weapons and armor these days. I bought a +15 Liverto and there were 5 others for sale at the same time...and not pre-order.

yea cus +15 gear will get you somewhere? Lmao

you cant get good gear without gambling cus this game is shit like that

You claim this and still play.

i still play but that doesn't change what i said

i also hate my life but im still alive so there is -----ing that too ,maybe? 

Posted

Game is ok for 30$

Buuuuuuut gets way more enjoyable when you put an extra 100$.

You can grind longer, more efficiently, when 90% of the game is about grind.

This is obviously not a game intended to be consumed for the inital price.

4 people like this

Posted

Game is ok for 30$

Buuuuuuut gets way more enjoyable when you put an extra 100$.

You can grind longer, more efficiently, when 90% of the game is about grind.

This is obviously not a game intended to be consumed for the inital price.

I agree.

People complain all day abut the price we paid and don't wan't to pay any more. I have actually been waiting for something like the Value pack. I love the fact that we get more stuff to enhance our game play.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree.

People complain all day abut the price we paid and don't wan't to pay any more. I have actually been waiting for something like the Value pack. I love the fact that we get more stuff to enhance our game play.

It wasn't a compliment to the game.

When you grind for hours and you realize you spent half that time picking loot and going back and forth between the vendor and your wagon/boat, because of inventory/weight limit, you realize the true meaning of the cash shop. Heck, of the whole game.

At the beginning, I was like, "wow, everything has a weight in this game, even silver, so realistic". There was a reason for that. See cash shop.

or "wow, inventory space is scarce in this game". There was a reason too.

"hahaha, no auto loot, so old school". Nope, totally intended.

"XP loss on death? so hardcore!!" Nope, nope, nope

Almost every mechanic in the game has something to do with f2p/cash-shop monetization.

Even the fact that everything stops when you're disconnected. All connected to the Internet Café business in the east.

It's too bad cause the core gameplay is actually pretty good: the graphics, the combat...

Sure we got rid of more of the p2w in the western version, but it doesn't change the fact that there are f2p games around, real f2p, with a much fairer monetization/cash-shop than this so-called b2p.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

that's so true 9_9

Edited by woots