• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Wizard vs Kunoichi

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Arena duel against a Kuno thoughts?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

2 gud

I dont think people understand you're getting some high quality shit from this vid, 2 of the best players from Edan in their respective classes. 

I see you use earthquake very offensively a lot, I might start doing that everytime its off cd during non essential fights just to discover some better uses for it cause tbh I don't even use the skill at all right now and mines maxed out

Edited by Dank

Posted

I love watching wiz duels, it's hella entertaining. Definitely has one of the highest skill caps of all classes. There's so much more than just straight up one shotting someone in a combo. It's the small things like teleport juking, using abilities that grant you immunity to CC for a second or two/super armor/iframe at the right time, kiting effectively while setting up for combos, applying debuffs etc. that distinguishes a top wiz from a decent one.

Kunoichis and ninjas are tricky to face, annoying as hell. Gotta play it fairly well to beat them most of the time. Duels were all right - I would've probably played it a bit differently, but they were fun to watch :) Keep uploading!

Posted

Love to see this guy fight a well geared / good Beserker (Currently the bane of my life)

Posted

I'd love to see pro wizard vs warrior 1vs1 pvp (equally geared).

Posted

I love 1+v1 fighting with my wizard.

Posted

Great watch! As others have said, please upload vs other classes!

Posted

u know u play a game, where u need just gear and level to be "pro"

Posted

Good fights!

Not saying I'd do it better, but a few points from me:

- Teleport use is sometimes a little early

- You could save some stamina by adding earth response for mobility during dodge kiting, not just in knockdown situations. 3 sec cd does allow that. It's also faster

- You could've used frigid fog even more. I do believe you could've countered some of the knockdowns. Not saying it's easy!

Question I have: How's your gear compared to the kunoichi?

@Wollbert

This gear is as heavily gear as skill dependant. Some people just refuse to acknowledge that and are looking for excuses for their gameplay.

Posted (edited)

This gear is as heavily gear as skill dependant

You mean this Game i guess and this Game is definetly not a bit skilldependent^^ At Least not in 1v1.

Edited by Wollbert

Posted

I've seen rangers dancing around warriors or valk's for minutes without getting grabbed. I've seen wizard's CC-locking and kiting zerker's without them ever getting close. I've seen sorcs fighting 3 people constantly iframe/block spamming and not getting a tick of damage while winning those fights.

Does that mean one player was just bad? Or was the other one good? I don't care. Either of those is what is called "difference in skill" and it means a lot. Because you can time skills between iframes on sorc. You can grab any ranger by utilizing your mobility and blocks well as a warrior and a zerker definitly can get a stomp off hitting whe wizard and successfully grabbing him afterwards.

This game is incredibly quick and allows plays. Gear has a huge influence, so does server stability, so does "skill" - your ability to position, to move, your choice of the next skill, to anticipate enemy movement and actions...

Anyway, we're starting to go offtopic...

1 person likes this

Posted

time to get sober. u should play a real pvp game first

Posted (edited)

2 gud

I dont think people understand you're getting some high quality shit from this vid, 2 of the best players from Edan in their respective classes. 

I see you use earthquake very offensively a lot, I might start doing that everytime its off cd during non essential fights just to discover some better uses for it cause tbh I don't even use the skill at all right now and mines maxed out

No offense to the wiz but that isnt "best player in class" material. To reactive instead of proactive. Lots of wasted casts and even against a kuno earthquake is more of a gimp then a boon unless its perfectly timed for an anticipated cc.   

Also surprisingly almost no chain lightning use? Chain shuts down ninjas and kunos while also being able to hit/track them during stealth. Have the extra modded slow on it with the dot and it will just wreck them. I've duel'd alot of ninjas/kunos that would die while in stealth or while trying to run away. 

Chain into insta storm is also one of the best combos to follow up a freeze with because it brings them to a crawl as soon as they're on their feet again. 

Good use of PA's for sure. 

Don't get me wrong, not saying hes bad. But lets not go crazy here. 

Edited by TrullsRohk
2 people like this

Posted

i cant see shit with your powers in the way

also put each others stats otherwise this is useless

Posted

No offense to the wiz but that isnt "best player in class" material. To reactive instead of proactive. Lots of wasted casts and even against a kuno earthquake is more of a gimp then a boon unless its perfectly timed for an anticipated cc.   
Also surprisingly almost no chain lightning use? Chain shuts down ninjas and kunos while also being able to hit/track them during stealth. Have the extra modded slow on it with the dot and it will just wreck them. I've duel'd alot of ninjas/kunos that would die while in stealth or while trying to run away. 

Chain into insta storm is also one of the best combos to follow up a freeze with because it brings them to a crawl as soon as they're on their feet again. 

Good use of PA's for sure. 

Don't get me wrong, not saying hes bad. But lets not go crazy here. 

u are certain chain lightning tracks through stealth?

Posted

u are certain chain lightning tracks through stealth?

It definitly does. It will stay connected if you use it before stealth and it also connects if you get roughly the right direction while stealth is already activated, as if the target was visible.

Posted

Good fights!

Not saying I'd do it better, but a few points from me:

- Teleport use is sometimes a little early

- You could save some stamina by adding earth response for mobility during dodge kiting, not just in knockdown situations. 3 sec cd does allow that. It's also faster

- You could've used frigid fog even more. I do believe you could've countered some of the knockdowns. Not saying it's easy!

Question I have: How's your gear compared to the kunoichi?

@Wollbert

This gear is as heavily gear as skill dependant. Some people just refuse to acknowledge that and are looking for excuses for their gameplay.

We had around 230DP and I think he had 197 AP while I had 200 AP