• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Castle Siege Terrain Exploit

161 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

This weekend’s siege was undoubtedly exciting for the guilds involved in the intense fighting for the right to claim ownership. Unfortunately a few folks did not exercise good decision making which tarnished the event for some.

These users discovered a portion of the terrain that with some effort allowed them to gain unintended access to the inside of the castle structure, placing them underneath the ground itself. Ultimately granting the ability to attack and access the castle in a manner that would normally not be possible.

This is indeed considered an exploit and a violation of our Terms of Use which is not permitted, players found utilizing this or other similar instances will have action taken against their account.

41 people like this

Posted

How about you fix your bugs and make sure the exploits are not possible?

Also:
- don't skip maintenance, as this affects the servers
- release Valencia part 2 and fix the whole Valencia drop and exp rates
- Awakenings for God's sake
- stop releasing p2w things, it's enough we have pricy costumes

That would be a good start, and while you're at it, you can work on your communication with the community. Thank you very much.

24 people like this

Posted

Thank you for addressing the issue promptly. 

6 people like this

Posted

How was it that this was posted 5 hours ago without anybody noticing?  must be some weird EU timing thing

Posted

How was it that this was posted 5 hours ago without anybody noticing?  must be some weird EU timing thing

They make the post and release it at a scheduled time. Like all patch notes are done on a Tuesday, then they release on Wednesday after maintenance.

Posted

Better don't ask how long the exploit exists without kakao noticing it.

Posted

Awakenings, when?

Awakenings, when?

Awakenings, when?

Value Packs Are Life

Fixed it for you. 

2 people like this

Posted

Did anyone lose a castle because of this and if so will it be returned or reset?

Also what if anything is being done about the castle gates?

Posted

just repost this till we get them

3 people like this

Posted

how people know if its against the TOS if you guys didn't answered the ticket a few weeks ago about this??

and if baneable when veritas luciform and black were exploiting world bosses? 

Posted

How about you fix your bugs and make sure the exploits are not possible?

Also:
- don't skip maintenance, servers are shit as it is
- release Valencia part 2 and fix the whole Valencia drop and exp rates
- Awakenings for God's sake
- stop releasing p2w things, it's enough we have pricy costumes

That would be a good start, and while you're at it, you can work on your communication with the community. Thank you very much.

You can't fix something you are not aware it's broken. Luckily, if there is a possible exploit or cheat, this community will be the first to find out. /sarcasm

Posted

What action was taken against bystanders using thorn elixirs to influence node wars they weren't participating in?

2 people like this

Posted

how people know if its against the TOS if you guys didn't answered the ticket a few weeks ago about this??

You think its intended that you can go under/behind a texture?

6 people like this

Posted

You think its intended that you can go under/behind a texture?

oh and how veritas member went in 1st? before everyone?

so you guys just started recording after that to point lotd as exploiting? when they saw painstrains and veritas members got in 1st?

Posted

Thank you for the quick response to this. I'm glad we have a definitive statement from the cms concerning this sort of behavior. Hopefully this will deter future behavior that mimics this sort of exploitation.

4 people like this

Posted

Oh wow!

And also maybe fix the siege weapons that shoots through the walls.

Cause thats the real problem. 

Nobody wins a castle with clipping with that "exploit" 

Posted

so you guys just started recording after that to point lotd as exploiting? when they saw painstrains and veritas members got in 1st?

I did not record anything. And i don't know, nor care which guild went in first. It is not my decision who gets punished either. I'm just telling you the obvious that this isn't an intended mechanic or feature.

The admins will decide what happens with the exploiters, and you can be sure they will forward this bug to PA so they can fix it ASAP.

3 people like this

Posted

Yeah but Veritas and Luciform are known cheaters, there's been videos of them using skill spam and such. Which were sent in, who knows what happened to those players though. I watched a video of a Veritas ranger taking on the mutant ogre using skill spam. So I don't know why they are preaching about integrity when they have none. But oh well back to what's really important.

Awakenings When?

3 people like this

Posted

I did not record anything. And i don't know, nor care which guild went in first. It is not my decision who gets punished either. I'm just telling you the obvious that this isn't an intended mechanic or feature.

The admins will decide what happens with the exploiters, and you can be sure they will forward this bug to PA so they can fix it ASAP.

how do we know if it's exploit or not when this was reported 3-4 weeks ago? when they didn't reply or post a thread about this?

Posted

Yeah but Veritas and Luciform are known cheaters, there's been videos of them using skill spam and such. Which were sent in, who knows what happened to those players though. I watched a video of a Veritas ranger taking on the mutant ogre using skill spam. So I don't know why they are preaching about integrity when they have none. But oh well back to what's really important.
Awakenings When?

One or two players do not speak for an entire organization when their actions go against that establishments charter and TOS.  Those few players have been banned from game and removed from the community with no chance of returning.  Hope this helps answer your question regarding what happened to those individuals.

5 people like this

Posted

how do we know if it's exploit or not when this was reported 3-4 weeks ago? when they didn't reply or post a thread about this?

So if you can fly with your horse for some magical reason. You don't think its an exploit until the publisher confirms it for you?

How can you think that it's intended that you can go under a surface?

I don't know the reason why they didn't reply to you guys. But i don't understand why you had to ask this in the first place. As this is obviously an exploit/bug, which got abused by many players.

8 people like this

Posted (edited)

I will wasn't involved in the siege and i'm glad it's being fixed but I mean, how will you find out about exploits like these if people don't do them? I feel as if we should be confined to the game's boundaries and if there is a glitch people abuse, fix the glitch. I know you say report it but 90% of the stuff that gets reported doesn't get fixed anyway 

Edited by Friendlyfireon

Posted

So if you can fly with your horse for some magical reason. You don't think its an exploit until the publisher confirms it for you?

How can you think that it's intended that you can go under a surface?

I don't know the reason why they didn't reply to you guys. But i don't understand why you had to ask this in the first place. As this is obviously an exploit/bug, which got abused by many players.

and that many players who started this was veritas and painstrains members so they will get ban as well?

Posted (edited)

One or two players do not speak for an entire organization when their actions go against that establishments charter and TOS.  Those few players have been banned from game and removed from the community with no chance of returning.  Hope this helps answer your question regarding what happened to those individuals.

I'm not one to point out names, like I said if anything I submit evidence and a ticket. But I witnessed a guild war with multiple rangers, witches/wizards from luciform using skill spam, and a zerker with infinite hp. I was not part of the war but went there to check it out, multiple people recorded this was sent in, and yet all those players are still around.

This zerker I mentioned even typed "LOL" in general when 7 or so people were CCing and dumping everything on him, and lost 0 hp. Then they changed some of this things to be server side, so maybe they stopped using this "hacks" but the fact remains they were using them.

Edited by alex33x
1 person likes this

Posted

First, this was the first time a castle defense took place on the NA servers, why wasn't a defense part of either of the 2 node wars trial runs?  My understanding is that those trials were intended to find and fix issues with node wars.

Second, I would encourage a CM to go to the castle and take a look at the passage.  There is a clear opening outside the castle, then there is actually a ramp that leads up into the castle, which ultimately leads to an opening to the inner plaza of the castle.  It appears as though this may have been a path designed for players to sneak past the gates, which seemed to be incredibly hard to get through.  It doesn't appear that the entire tunnel system is under the ground, just under the castle walls, and the visual errors seen in the video seem to only occur when the character tries to jump into walls that are not part of the tunnel system.

If this is indeed an exploit and not and intended backdoor to the castle, it should be fixed.  Players should be made aware that it is not an intended entry point to prevent it from being used again before a fix can be applied.  Without any information of the castle defense dynamics before Saturdays siege, and without prior notice that the entrance is not an intended part of the castle, it seems rash to conclude that anyone was intentionally exploiting during the siege.

2 people like this