• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

sad truth about end game and RNG (read especially if you're new!)

149 posts in this topic

Posted

Jouska has said that there is no hidden luck 

yet as long as i play i find this hard to believe, and trust me i do play long https://i.imgur.com/mqr4Maw.jpg as you can see by my skillpoints and i have a full boss armor set for awhile now and i did buy every single piece with tree armor costing me over 850million alone so yes, i farm a ton and i play a lot and i also see and talk to a lot of people and all that being said i still don't believe that this game has no hidden luck.

It doesn't matter what you call it, hidden luck or account luck or character luck or whatever thats just terminology, what im here to complain about is the so called "RNG" so focus on the point rather than the wording.

The point is that there are people that get drops consistently regardless of what they do and there are people that simply have to suffer by doing 400+ bosses and not getting anything while others would get 3 boss items within 200 bosses. Hell, there were people that had multiple bheg gloves within 10 days of their release, without bundles.. how the ----- is that even possible?  It's definitely not DPS based because i just straight up outdamage these people, i go 1vs10 vs said person and i kill him and the other 9 people at the same time, there is absolutely no way in heaven or hell that this guy did more damage on me on a boss yet he constantly gets more loot than i do 

,, people have made billions of free gold on bosses with minimal effort while others have had to suffer their way up through (like me) which is just unfair and demotivating and retarded as hell

I have guildmates which are so called "RNG BLESSED" people which consistently get good loot and i also have guildmates which don't get good loot, not just at 1 place but in the entire game in general.. i have a guildmate who started over a month after me and plays less and doesn't grind than me and is straight up just richer than me despite the fact that he doesn't grind that much. He's arguably richer than me without doing anything and we've known each other for years so im not really envious im just -----ing pissed off because i put effort and dedicate my own time and i end up getting jack shit while there are people that don't do much in game and end up with more due to sheer "RNG"?  HA.HA. I don't think so.

recently there was a patch that made it so that everyone has the same max hp/mp and we've speculated that this might also reset the hidden luck (which is obviously not the same) and since that patch i've noticed increase of drops not just for me but for everyone (as you can see on world bosses , a lot more stuff drops for people and that started with the patch that reset the max HP). I actually got a boss item drop after so long like seriously we did it.. or so i thought. Decided to gamble because thats absolutely the only way you progress with gear and what would you know? I've failed so much that for the past 1 month i probably threw away about 2billion of silver to RNG and i literally don't have ANYTHING more than i did before except a whale earring (but i already had a duo witch before so+ 100 hp i guess ..yay) 

Anyway, all that being said, we thought that the reset max hp patch might've done it but nope, the RNG blessed people in my guild are getting 5+ shards per dig session and some have reached a whooping 9 per session and for the same time/energy i get 1 hard shard on average and as you can see on that screenshot i was digging, 350~ energy used so far and 0 shards.

(as an example in general/ dont take as a singular case) Yesterday i used 460 or so energy and i got 1 hard while guildmate next to me got 6 shards and this happens every time all the time. I went to grind on crescent shrine for about 6-7 hours yesterday and   after i stopped farming he had over 15 shards  which nets him about 70million which is probably 50mil more than the money i made over at crescent because valencia and RNG drops lol pls 

people in my guild can make 40mil+ almost every day by doing nothing but gathering and i cant make 40mil by gathering even in a -----ing week unless i get a bunch of better sessions (which is still less than 5 shards in total and almost never happens). I have a valk in my guild lvl 56 with 800 skill points that never grinds that gets insane amount of money by just shoveling and has a tet weapon and full tri  gear , meanwhile i can't even begin to imagine attempting tet weapon yet.. 

thing is, this game's RNG is rigged as hell and is not real rng regardless of what casual plebster whiteknights that dont farm/play the game would say on the forum and i doubt jouska or anyone from the staff would actually admit there is hidden luck even if they knew that (and they might just not know, hell even pearl abyss may not know at this point) 

You're ____ literally ____ trading your life for this game and in the end the game laughs at you and spits at you with its hidden bullshit that's not real RNG. The one thing we all agree on (rng blessed people and unlucky ones) is that loot seems to drop in waves and if you're "in the zone" you'll be getting drops and you can even predict it despite the game's rng being ridiculous. I've only realized im in the zone once.. i was farming skeletons (on my way back from valencia) and i was getting insane amount of loot so i got up on my horse rode to ogres killed 3 ogres and i got an ogre ring despite me farming them 250h before that and eventually giving up and not going back to ogres for month+, then i got a witch earring from 1 bundle and if i didnt relog cus i didnt think clearly id probably get a ton more stuff that night 

the rng in this game is just rigged as hell

in my today's session i did 450 energy 1 shard, my guildmate got a whooping 12 

how the ----- are we supposed to compete with people that get free money from the game over and over and over and over again? ?

And you know, at the start we thought that enchanting is unaffected by this rigged RNG but 1 month into this game there were people in the bigger guilds with 4X rings/earrings at TRI enchant like literally one month after the game started when i was still with +0, there were people in bigger guilds (multiple people not just one) with full tri accessories are you kidding me with that shit? 

Some guy says to get a tri you need 60 rings on average and back at that time theres no way people had access to even 20 rings/earrings but from inside sources in their guilds i know that most of them succeeded with less than 2 fails for entire sets of gear

and now comes the biggest problem - TET/PEN gear. What's the point of competing with anyone or even playing the damn game if you meet someone with a rigged char, not even a lucky guy, that just straight up outgears you? I mean i don't even mind that much in 1v1 but in any thing more (and this game is mainly more) it's just annoying and retarded as hell. I see a guy getting TET and 10 min later i meet him in red battlefield or node war or whatever ? 

I meet this random ass guy in arena he tells me "I get one shard per 40 energy and im gonna try tet soon" meanwhile i was grinding for 10h a day and i barely managed to get tri and i have 0 resources to attempt tet and i get no shards whatsoever so if i wanted to attempt tet id have to throw countless of millions on shards, which would be fine if it was the same for everyone but then you get people like my guildmate who get 30 shards for 2 days in which i get 2 shards. This isnt a small samplesize either cus we're like this for months now

... and yeah, i used to say 8 AP isnt much with enchanted gear but that was before we knew accuracy is a hidden stat and that enchanting armors also gives evasion. Now we know how this works and a TET item not only has higher attack and defense but it also has higher accuracy and evasion which is huge ..- - - and like i said, it's not unbeatable in 1v1 but this game is not 1v1. What if i do 1v3 vs people with tet while im with tri ? Not like getting tet requires any skill or preparation or knowledge either.. 

This isn't a rant about bad luck - this is a rant about the game being unfair and unequal to different players and one way or another there is something (call it whatever you want) that rigs this game so hard to the point where its just a mockery of human lives

and lastly, if you're a new player and you're afraid you won't catch up - just talk to people do some research and figure out if your account is lucky or not, if you're lucky you'll not only catch up but surpass people and if you're generally unlucky ( try to judge clearly and fairly not emotionally and with a small sample size) you might as well quit or just farm countless of hours a day to buy your gear.. 

47 people like this

Posted

I don't think it's rigged, just that some people are full of shit and exaggerate how lucky they are. Watching other people dig next to me in the desert I think everyone's getting close to an average of 1 shard every 150-250 energy. Some people are embarrassed of how much they play the game so they pretend they got good gear just by being very lucky instead of nolifing.

11 people like this

Posted

TL;DR

1 person likes this

Posted

RNG sucks and I've spent hundreds of millions trying to TRI a single piece, but as long as PA/Kakao sticks to their guns and continues to say "It's just RNG", nothing is going to change. 

3 people like this

Posted

I don't think it's rigged, just that some people are full of shit and exaggerate how lucky they are.

what exaggerate the guy is standing next to me?  also we know each other for years plus you can see yellow particle when they get a shard so its not the emote cheer + troling

TL;DR

if you didnt bother reading why are you posting?

1 person likes this

Posted

I think you must also consider how many people play an MMO, and the amount of people you've actually talked to. There may be thousands of players getting regularly unlucky, they're just the silent majority.

2 people like this

Posted

yet as long as i play i find this hard to believe, and trust me i do play long https://i.imgur.com/mqr4Maw.jpg as you can see by my skillpoints and i have a full boss armor set for awhile now and i did buy every single piece with tree armor costing me over 850million alone so yes, i farm a ton and i play a lot and i also see and talk to a lot of people and all that being said i still don't believe that this game has no hidden luck.

It doesn't matter what you call it, hidden luck or account luck or character luck or whatever thats just terminology, what im here to complain about is the so called "RNG" so focus on the point rather than the wording.

The point is that there are people that get drops consistently regardless of what they do and there are people that simply have to suffer by doing 400+ bosses and not getting anything while others would get 3 boss items within 200 bosses. Hell, there were people that had multiple bheg gloves within 10 days of their release, without bundles.. how the ----- is that even possible?  It's definitely not DPS based because i just straight up outdamage these people, i go 1vs10 vs said person and i kill him and the other 9 people at the same time, there is absolutely no way in heaven or hell that this guy did more damage on me on a boss yet he constantly gets more loot than i do 

,, people have made billions of free gold on bosses with minimal effort while others have had to suffer their way up through (like me) which is just unfair and demotivating and retarded as hell

I have guildmates which are so called "RNG BLESSED" people which consistently get good loot and i also have guildmates which don't get good loot, not just at 1 place but in the entire game in general.. i have a guildmate who started over a month after me and plays less and doesn't grind than me and is straight up just richer than me despite the fact that he doesn't grind that much. He's arguably richer than me without doing anything and we've known each other for years so im not really envious im just -----ing pissed off because i put effort and dedicate my own time and i end up getting jack shit while there are people that don't do much in game and end up with more due to sheer "RNG"?  HA.HA. I don't think so.

recently there was a patch that made it so that everyone has the same max hp/mp and we've speculated that this might also reset the hidden luck (which is obviously not the same) and since that patch i've noticed increase of drops not just for me but for everyone (as you can see on world bosses , a lot more stuff drops for people and that started with the patch that reset the max HP). I actually got a boss item drop after so long like seriously we did it.. or so i thought. Decided to gamble because thats absolutely the only way you progress with gear and what would you know? I've failed so much that for the past 1 month i probably threw away about 2billion of silver to RNG and i literally don't have ANYTHING more than i did before except a whale earring (but i already had a duo witch before so+ 100 hp i guess ..yay) 

Anyway, all that being said, we thought that the reset max hp patch might've done it but nope, the RNG blessed people in my guild are getting 5+ shards per dig session and some have reached a whooping 9 per session and for the same time/energy i get 1 hard shard on average and as you can see on that screenshot i was digging, 350~ energy used so far and 0 shards.

(as an example in general/ dont take as a singular case) Yesterday i used 460 or so energy and i got 1 hard while guildmate next to me got 6 shards and this happens every time all the time. I went to grind on crescent shrine for about 6-7 hours yesterday and   after i stopped farming he had over 15 shards  which nets him about 70million which is probably 50mil more than the money i made over at crescent because valencia and RNG drops lol pls 

people in my guild can make 40mil+ almost every day by doing nothing but gathering and i cant make 40mil by gathering even in a -----ing week unless i get a bunch of better sessions (which is still less than 5 shards in total and almost never happens). I have a valk in my guild lvl 56 with 800 skill points that never grinds that gets insane amount of money by just shoveling and has a tet weapon and full tri  gear , meanwhile i can't even begin to imagine attempting tet weapon yet.. 

thing is, this game's RNG is rigged as hell and is not real rng regardless of what casual plebster whiteknights that dont farm/play the game would say on the forum and i doubt jouska or anyone from the staff would actually admit there is hidden luck even if they knew that (and they might just not know, hell even pearl abyss may not know at this point) 

You're ____ literally ____ trading your life for this game and in the end the game laughs at you and spits at you with its hidden bullshit that's not real RNG. The one thing we all agree on (rng blessed people and unlucky ones) is that loot seems to drop in waves and if you're "in the zone" you'll be getting drops and you can even predict it despite the game's rng being ridiculous. I've only realized im in the zone once.. i was farming skeletons (on my way back from valencia) and i was getting insane amount of loot so i got up on my horse rode to ogres killed 3 ogres and i got an ogre ring despite me farming them 250h before that and eventually giving up and not going back to ogres for month+, then i got a witch earring from 1 bundle and if i didnt relog cus i didnt think clearly id probably get a ton more stuff that night 

how the ----- are we supposed to compete with people that get free money from the game over and over and over and over again? ?

And you know, at the start we thought that enchanting is unaffected by this rigged RNG but 1 month into this game there were people in the bigger guilds with 4X rings/earrings at TRI enchant like literally one month after the game started when i was still with +0, there were people in bigger guilds (multiple people not just one) with full tri accessories are you kidding me with that shit? 

Some guy says to get a tri you need 60 rings on average and back at that time theres no way people had access to even 20 rings/earrings but from inside sources in their guilds i know that most of them succeeded with less than 2 fails for entire sets of gear

and now comes the biggest problem - TET/PEN gear. What's the point of competing with anyone or even playing the damn game if you meet someone with a rigged char, not even a lucky guy, that just straight up outgears you? I mean i don't even mind that much in 1v1 but in any thing more (and this game is mainly more) it's just annoying and retarded as hell. I see a guy getting TET and 10 min later i meet him in red battlefield or node war or whatever ? 

I meet this random ass guy in arena he tells me "I get one shard per 40 energy and im gonna try tet soon" meanwhile i was grinding for 10h a day and i barely managed to get tri and i have 0 resources to attempt tet and i get no shards whatsoever so if i wanted to attempt tet id have to throw countless of millions on shards, which would be fine if it was the same for everyone but then you get people like my guildmate who get 30 shards for 2 days in which i get 2 shards. This isnt a small samplesize either cus we're like this for months now

... and yeah, i used to say 8 AP isnt much with enchanted gear but that was before we knew accuracy is a hidden stat and that enchanting armors also gives evasion. Now we know how this works and a TET item not only has higher attack and defense but it also has higher accuracy and evasion which is huge ..- - - and like i said, it's not unbeatable in 1v1 but this game is not 1v1. What if i do 1v3 vs people with tet while im with tri ? Not like getting tet requires any skill or preparation or knowledge either.. 

This isn't a rant about bad luck - this is a rant about the game being unfair and unequal to different players and one way or another there is something (call it whatever you want) that rigs this game so hard to the point where its just a mockery of human lives

and lastly, if you're a new player and you're afraid you won't catch up - just talk to people do some research and figure out if your account is lucky or not, if you're lucky you'll not only catch up but surpass people and if you're generally unlucky ( try to judge clearly and fairly not emotionally and with a small sample size) you might as well quit or just farm countless of hours a day to buy your gear.. 

Thank you for the solid write-up and feedback, it is always good to see the game from other players experiences.  I will reiterate that there is no mechanic or code within the game that makes one character/player/account more lucky than another.  However I too have meet people who seem to simply have that Midas touch (in and out of game), unfortunately I have not convinced any of them to go in half way with me on a few lottery tickets.

40 people like this

Posted

For those that need a tl;dr: -

"I am unhappy that my RNG isn't as great as other people's, so I'm complaining about it. When my RNG is actually good, I don't make any complaints which means that the issue is not with the actual RNG in the game but rather how it treats me."

11 people like this

Posted

I think you must also consider how many people play an MMO, and the amount of people you've actually talked to. There may be thousands of players getting regularly unlucky, they're just the silent majority.

that's not how rng works

when i play 15h a day and i am surrounded by people that play 15h a day and i also talk to people in every big pvp guild with more people that play 15h a day you can clearly and easily see a pattern, also the drops on world bosses are announced for everyone and we all know who are the people that consistently get drops so that's no secret either

if it was true RNG with enough time (and we've had plenty of time) it would slowly equalize yet it doesn't equalize it just spirals out of control 

For those that need a tl;dr: -

"I am unhappy that my RNG isn't as great as other people's, so I'm complaining about it. When my RNG is actually good, I don't make any complaints which means that the issue is not with the actual RNG in the game but rather how it treats me."

from the gear i currently wear i only got lucky with my ring and my earring, everything else costed way more than its marketprice value from failing over and over and over

meanwhile more than half of my guildmates( almost all of them)  paid way less for their gear than its marketplace value and as ive even said in this thread we're not even sure about enchant RNG just about drop RNG, from which certain people consistently get more drops

we've had people who get 9 shards in a session but they also get sick world boss drops and the people that dont get world boss drops also dont get shards and my best session  ever was either 5 or 6 shards and that was once while people here get 5 and call it a bad session so they usually get more

I will reiterate that there is no mechanic or code within the game that makes one character/player/account more lucky than another.  

so how are we expected to truly believe this when the results in game are clear? it's not a small difference its billions of money difference and that just keeps growing bigger and bigger when its supposed to even out eventually

We could go for a dig session with my guildmate say 100 times and in the end he'd have dug up more shards than me almost every single time (because that has already happened anyway),

Posted

so how are we expected to truly believe this when the results in game are clear? it's not a small difference its billions of money difference and that just keeps growing bigger and bigger when its supposed to even out eventually

We could go for a dig session with my guildmate say 100 times and in the end he'd have dug up more shards than me almost every single time (because that has already happened anyway),

Fair enough point, there is no way to dispute a persons beliefs, as such things are completely subjective.  With that in mind I will stick to what the creators of the game have told us, and leave the rest to more philosophical minds than myself.

10 people like this

Posted

Fair enough point, there is no way to dispute a persons beliefs, as such things are completely subjective.  With that in mind I will stick to what the creators of the game have told us, and leave the rest to more philosophical minds than myself.

Every time i go to the forum to complain about rigged RNG and i read a post that suggest "its just RNG it'll be fine!" i get some hope but then i go in game and within a day this is crushed by the same old story.

I don't want to sound like a conspiracy theorist or anything but im fairly certain that tomorrow my guildmates ( the rng blessed ones ) will once again gather more shards than me and if i don't go to sausan (which is the only place that actually rewards effort as money in there comes from fodders not from rare loot) they will also pull ahead ahead of me money wise

it's not just for gathering too  but its the hot topic right now anyway...

we've been meaning to have guild shoveling events with all of us together so maybe its a good time to try it altho the results will be quite predictable ( for the upper half and the lower half ) 

Posted

Skip RNG as much as possible and just buy everything. Thats how you win BDO.

8 people like this

Posted

Maybe these people are extremely lucky I guess. But been lucky all the time makes me think something is up because it shouldn't be like that.

Posted

from the gear i currently wear i only got lucky with my ring and my earring

So what you're saying is, you got lucky on some of your gear and not lucky on other parts of gear? By jove! It's almost if BDO, like close to every Korean MMO in existence, has a RNG enchanting system. So tell me, why aren't you complaining about the fact that there are people with no gear whilst you have your ring and earring? Seems more like you're complaining about the fact that YOU didn't get what YOU wanted rather than an issue with the system.

RNG is random, you get lucky in some things and not so lucky in others. If you truly do believe that Daum are looking at your forum posting/spending and then changing your luck levels then it's best if you remove the game completely and never trust anyone ever again. Whilst you're at it, stop drinking water as the government is putting mind control devices in it and wear a gas mask when you go outside as the chem-trails are turning you into a lizard. 

You're not doing this for the good of the community or because you think it's an actual issue, you're doing this because someone else has a shinier toy than you and you think if you cry loud enough, Daum will take it away from them and give it to you. :) 

3 people like this

Posted

Jouska nice patience lol

Posted

So what you're saying is, you got lucky on some of your gear and not lucky on other parts of gear? By jove! It's almost if BDO, like close to every Korean MMO in existence, has a RNG enchanting system. So tell me, why aren't you complaining about the fact that there are people with no gear whilst you have your ring and earring? Seems more like you're complaining about the fact that YOU didn't get what YOU wanted rather than an issue with the system.

RNG is random, you get lucky in some things and not so lucky in others. If you truly do believe that Daum are looking at your forum posting/spending and then changing your luck levels then it's best if you remove the game completely and never trust anyone ever again. Whilst you're at it, stop drinking water as the government is putting mind control devices in it and wear a gas mask when you go outside as the chem-trails are turning you into a lizard. 

You're not doing this for the good of the community or because you think it's an actual issue, you're doing this because someone else has a shinier toy than you and you think if you cry loud enough, Daum will take it away from them and give it to you. :) 

no you're just a known and pathetic troll in this forum that i've been ignoring forever and i'll keep it that way

also watching you trying to reason and logic is just embarrassing

as for korean mmos? im 27 and i've been playing korean mmos since i was 13 so literally more than half of my life, i hate western mmos and i only play korean mmos yet bdo is the only mmo in which i've claimed and noticed that the rng is as imbalanced as it is here, also having world messages on drops helps a lot to keep track of this

like in one of the past threads about rigged rng there was a guy who got 2 kzarkas,ogre ring and tree belt all within few hours (and both kzarkas were on a single day , he got one then changed channel and got another one) and that wasn't even a lie since we were there and witnessed it pretty much. And then you're gonna say " ITS JUST RNG BRO THATS HOW IT WORKS :))))))))))))"

Posted

RnGesus doesn't love us all, it's true. I have anyways had bad luck myself. I have gone over a week without getting a shard a couple of times since I started. I seem to go days without even getting a black stone. But then there's days like yesterday where I was only swinging my sword for an hour and got three armour and a weapon stone. And the weapon stone I got off a single kill along with an armour stone AND a piece of Agerian armour. All three things on one corpse.

It's quite random indeed, so some will always fare better than others. Though...tbh... In such a system it is very rare that all accounts are equal, even though statistically it should even out across the board. But that's not coding... That's the reason random is behind the R in RNG.

don't sweat it OP... You're not Robinson Crusoe when it comes to Lady Luck and her bad moods.

Posted

Most people incorrectly assumes that true randomness is evenly spread out; actually, true randomness tends to have clusters of events. Here's an image from Wikipedia (Clustering Illusion) showing that as the number of random points increase, we tend to think it's not random because of the cluster. Generally, people underestimate the variability of a truly random sampling. So tl;dr: your friend does not have hidden "luck" stats, this is just how randomness work. We just underestimate it.  

RandomPoints.gif

Now onto BDO.  Most game developers do not implement true randomness but a variation of it such that is appears random but "luck" still evenly spread out among the player base. This is generally to avoid an issue call the "Runaway Leader Problem" where lucky players will advance faster and runaway from the rest of the playerbase. This is generally a poor game design, which is why "catch-up mechanisms" are often introduced in games to avoid this issue. Currently, BDO suffers immensely from the "Runaway Leader Problem" in part due to the pace in which contents has been released. 3 years of game content in little over half a year means that people who are initially lucky are at a great advantage.  Leaders tend to want more content so they can maintain their lead while laggards (casual players) are dropping out of the game like flies. 

(Aside: The problem is further exasperated by the information advantage that a few top guilds had over the rest of the population.)

19 people like this

Posted

About the shards - farming was consistently giving people way more shards than intended and people exploited it for months, so that might be why certain people consistently had more than you. 

About the people who had TRI rings within the first month - there were exploits, dupes and hacks rampant in BDO at launch. A lot of people abused it and made insane amounts of silver and got fully geared because of it.  

Posted (edited)

Most people incorrectly assumes that true randomness is evenly spread out; actually, true randomness tends to have clusters of events. Here's an image from Wikipedia (Clustering Illusion) showing that as the number of random points increase, we tend to think it's not random because of the cluster. Generally, people underestimate the variability of a truly random sampling. So tl;dr: your friend does not have hidden "luck" stats, this is just how randomness work. We just underestimate it.  

RandomPoints.gif

Now onto BDO.  Most game developers do not implement true randomness but a variation of it such that is appears random but "luck" still evenly spread out among the player base. This is generally to avoid an issue call the "Runaway Leader Problem" where lucky players will advance faster and runaway from the rest of the playerbase. This is generally a poor game design, which is why "catch-up mechanisms" are often introduced in games to avoid this issue. Currently, BDO suffers immensely from the "Runaway Leader Problem" in part due to the pace in which contents has been released. 3 years of game content in little over half a year means that people who are initially lucky are at a great advantage.  Leaders tend to want more content so they can maintain their lead while laggards (casual players) are dropping out of the game like flies. 

(Aside: The problem is further exasperated by the information advantage that a few top guilds had over the rest of the population.)

So basically if everyone was at the same level they wouldn't have as much chances to get this stuff. Makes sense they would want to stay ahead and keep that advantage to themselves.

Edited by Dalenos

Posted

A dude with 4/4 boss armor complaining about RNG...

2 people like this

Posted

I will reiterate that there is no mechanic or code within the game that makes one character/player/account more lucky than another.  However I too have meet people who seem to simply have that Midas touch (in and out of game), unfortunately I have not convinced any of them to go in half way with me on a few lottery tickets.

It would have been best to just stay silent on this subject. BDO paz files are not that difficult to open for gods sake.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jouska has said that there is no hidden luck.............................

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

You really need to get some air dude. Go take a walk in the park.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I feel the same as the op. My friend and I created our accounts next to each other, yet he has way better luck than me. I have to work so much harder to get anything in this game than he does and it is very frustrating. I had him play on my account while I played on his, got 2 witch earrings in 1 hour, while he was praying of getting 1 relic shard in the same time on my account. Whatever they say about how there is no hidden luck or better rng for some accounts compared to others, I feel that is a complete lie. From all that I have heard, all that I have experienced, some people have everything handed to them like my friend, and others like me, have to work so much harder to get anything remotely close to them. The things is, I bought this game to play, not to work. The game itself is amazing, the RNG though, is something else.

Edited by MobyX
2 people like this