• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We need (meaningful) content to be released. Game is bleeding users right now.

174 posts in this topic

Posted

Lethality on the Edan server just went dormant. Our leadership is burned out and for every new member we gain, about two or three leave. Recruiting is more brutal than any game we've ever seen and things aren't looking bright. We've been hearing tons of issues with other guilds. Everyone seems to be struggling here, not just the top, high-end guilds. The other servers seem to be ghost-towns as well.

People are becoming burnt out because of the massive amount of time required to set up node-wars and the fact that we have absolutely no clue what is on the horizon. We're not really interested in the next time we get a new map with a bunch of boring mobs to hit. We're wondering when we're getting content that's actually going to change the way we play. We have no idea when things are coming and people are just bored.

The game is good, we all love it, but we've been playing the same game for the last few months. There's only so long we can be expected to play the same game without getting absolutely bored.

The big thing is that all of this can be fixed by a little communication. It would go a long way to get a roadmap of what's coming and what we can expect.

5 people like this

Posted

How many people are leaving a day? How many people are joining a day? How many players are playing a day? How much revenue is Daum making a day? How much are they declining or increasing in profit these past few days? How long has it been since we got new content? How does new content retain users anymore so than the content we already have?

Have you any answers to any of these questions or just this just yet another qq post?

If it's the latter I'd have to respond to you with a prompt : #wait

12 people like this

Posted

Honestly this was a concern from the beginning. People knew there wasn't a very active end game except grind, war, RNG, repeat, and yes a lot of people have left due to this.

I do agree though, this game has a lot of potential, so hopefully having the game up in US too can push them to add in more content. 

1 person likes this

Posted

How many people are leaving a day? How many people are joining a day? How many players are playing a day? How much revenue is Daum making a day? How much are they declining or increasing in profit these past few days? How long has it been since we got new content? How does new content retain users anymore so than the content we already have?

Have you any answers to any of these questions or just this just yet another qq post?

If it's the latter I'd have to respond to you with a prompt : #wait

You can't just tell people to sit on their hands and wait. That's how games lose subscribers. Almost every game I play has developers that can communicate and tell us what our plans are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Lethality on the Edan server just went dormant. Our leadership is burned out and for every new member we gain, about two or three leave. Recruiting is more brutal than any game we've ever seen and things aren't looking bright. We've been hearing tons of issues with other guilds. Everyone seems to be struggling here, not just the top, high-end guilds. The other servers seem to be ghost-towns as well.

People are becoming burnt out because of the massive amount of time required to set up node-wars and the fact that we have absolutely no clue what is on the horizon. We're not really interested in the next time we get a new map with a bunch of boring mobs to hit. We're wondering when we're getting content that's actually going to change the way we play. We have no idea when things are coming and people are just bored.

The game is good, we all love it, but we've been playing the same game for the last few months. There's only so long we can be expected to play the same game without getting absolutely bored.

The big thing is that all of this can be fixed by a little communication. It would go a long way to get a roadmap of what's coming and what we can expect.

Didnt node wars and castles sieges just change how you play?  Aren't awakenings going to change how you play?

3 people like this

Posted

You can't just tell people to sit on their hands and wait. That's how games lose subscribers. Almost every game I play has developers that can communicate and tell us what our plans are.

They told us what their plans were like fifty damn times dude. Holy..

2 people like this

Posted

They told us what their plans were like fifty damn times dude. Holy..

Provide a source then. I want a post explaining what's coming and when it's coming.

Posted

8 people like this

Posted

The issue is, awakening is neat and all, but contents wise Valencia 2 and 3 still suck ass.

People will still be grinding at sausan/pirates/crescent GG.

2 people like this

Posted

Give us awakenings and buff the rewards from grinding in Valencia. 

I'm level 57 and sick of sausans so I just life skill all day and pretty much ignore everything else. 

Posted

The problem is that the only meaningful multiplayer content in this game is PvP, but it is locked behind endless mob grinding. BDO has a lot of interesting single player content but everyone playing since for a few months is done with that stuff. Unless Kakao introduces difficult and interesting PvE content, or PvP with less gear disparity, BDO will bleed players.

3 people like this

Posted

I don't think they are ever going to release content specifically for EU/NA. We will be caught up with Korea very soon and once that happens everything will be very slow. The content even in Korea is a little bit pointless, the Node/Siegewars are fun but 3 hours a week isn't really big of an incentive. We need alot more end-game content, they have ruined a big chunk of the PvP content and I do not see a bright future here any time soon. Naval warfare might be fun, but there again I doubt it will be statisfying enough, it always comes down to grind, grind and grind. We need sustainable income from PvP at the very least.

1 person likes this

Posted

isnt the water content just a way to make more guild funds.. if so lol that just horrible....

Posted

I have been playing with many of my friends since closed beta in non-pvp content. I PvP once in a while but not my major part of content. The content patches are massive and only a month between in most cases. I do not see the game bleeding users, if anything I see the core group staying. The only people I have seen bleeding are the ones who come and go anyway because they cannot play a game for more then a week without looking for the next flavor only to pop in a few weeks later when new content drops. These people come and go anyway. The quality of the player base is better then the quantity.  

15 people like this

Posted

sounds like your guild died. 

geta new one and stop making problems that arent there.

the game isnt bleeding anything but shitposts

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

Make OWPvP great again. Fix the Karma System, reduce the number and size of safe zones, fix the war dec system, fix the servers

Edited by Walk

Posted

Uno is dying tons of guilds are imploding now or can't maintain 100 members that's are active atleast day a week.

Posted (edited)

• -> most games lost players after the first few months -- the content locusts play the new content and then leave and have no interest in long term progression.  It is inevitable and part of every single mmo.  all of them, without question.  
  • -> You say the game is good, but then complain you are bored, yet new content and new classes are released quickly giving players PLENTY to do to progress.
  • -> you bought 1 game, so you will be playing the SAME game for as long as you play.  It's BDO, thats it, thats what you bought.  What else are you expecting?  It is buy to play and you have a lifetime to play or not play for zero payments extra if you so choose.
  • -> Daum communicates as much as they can, they are a publisher, not a developer, you knew this when you bought the game.  Daum have been awesome in there communication and follow through taking care of the playerbase when a mistake occurs that affects the community (GM bessings and such).
  • -> edan server is not dormant, neither are the other two servers.  There are plenty of players, the difference is there are less than launch, again, this is normal for ANY GAME EVER RELEASED, EVER.
  • -> all mmo games go through a player bleed and eventual guild / server merges as the players that enjoy the game (quite a few) stay loyal.  Those that leave, may return, or move on.  All games, ever.  There is no max exodus... i see plenty of players on all chan's. and I'm on orwen which is arguably the least populated.  All games go through this.. did i mention this?
  • ->  If you are burnt out it is your own fault.  Look away from the monitor, there is real life all around you.  Play it.  Come back when you need a diversion, this game is not designed to replace the real world, you do not live in it, it is here for entertainment.
  • -> devs have released roadmaps of future content, are you even paying attention?
  • -> have you maxed all life skills?  TRI gear on main and boss/pve alt?  Do you pvp?  Do you have all boss gear?  are you level 60?  ya i didnt think so.

that just about clears up all your questions and concerns, have fun in game.  peace

Edited by Doomviper
14 people like this

Posted

the world is ending too dude, I saw someone light a match and if u change ur perspective, the world is practically burning.

3 people like this

Posted

I've been playing for about four months now, 8 to 12 hours per day and sometimes longer, and I've not gotten bored at all.  One of the things I like about this game is how fast they are getting new content out and I'm completely happy with the direction things are going.  There are always people that only play for a few months (primarily competitive PvPers I think) and then leave only to return for short periods of time when expansions are released.  The world doesn't seem empty to me and the guild (strictly a PvE Guild) I'm in isn't having any retention or recruitment issues that I'm aware of.

Posted

Summer is almost over. 

Posted

Summer is almost over. 

winter_is_coming_by_figure_of_l-d541201.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

winter_is_coming_by_figure_of_l-d541201.

its actually fall GET CALUNDURRRRSSS RIGHT

Edited by Hikikomori

Posted

Didn't they just release 2 new classes like a week or so ago?

Posted (edited)

• -> most games lost players after the first few months -- the content locusts play the new content and then leave and have no interest in long term progression.  It is inevitable and part of every single mmo.  all of them, without question.  
  • -> You say the game is good, but then complain you are bored, yet new content and new classes are released quickly giving players PLENTY to do to progress.
  • -> you bought 1 game, so you will be playing the SAME game for as long as you play.  It's BDO, thats it, thats what you bought.  What else are you expecting?  It is buy to play and you have a lifetime to play or not play for zero payments extra if you so choose.
  • -> Daum communicates as much as they can, they are a publisher, not a developer, you knew this when you bought the game.  Daum have been awesome in there communication and follow through taking care of the playerbase when a mistake occurs that affects the community (GM bessings and such).
  • -> edan server is not dormant, neither are the other two servers.  There are plenty of players, the difference is there are less than launch, again, this is normal for ANY GAME EVER RELEASED, EVER.
  • -> all mmo games go through a player bleed and eventual guild / server merges as the players that enjoy the game (quite a few) stay loyal.  Those that leave, may return, or move on.  All games, ever.  There is no max exodus... i see plenty of players on all chan's. and I'm on orwen which is arguably the least populated.  All games go through this.. did i mention this?
  • ->  If you are burnt out it is your own fault.  Look away from the monitor, there is real life all around you.  Play it.  Come back when you need a diversion, this game is not designed to replace the real world, you do not live in it, it is here for entertainment.
  • -> devs have released roadmaps of future content, are you even paying attention?
  • -> have you maxed all life skills?  TRI gear on main and boss/pve alt?  Do you pvp?  Do you have all boss gear?  are you level 60?  ya i didnt think so.

that just about clears up all your questions and concerns, have fun in game.  peace

You're completely missing the point. While there are things to do in the game, they're all boring or frustrating if you want to be competitive (participate in node and conquest wars and actually stand a chance). It has nothing to do with the typical MMO life-span. If Black Desert had a better enhancement system, more people would stick around because the game wouldn't be frustrating and feel like a job. The casuals who strictly life-skill seem to be the only players who completely enjoy playing the game (meaning without any frustrations). So maybe this game isn't for competitive players? But in that case, why not? Why did Pearl Abyss make the game this way? Why didn't/don't they make gear upgrades fun? Why make it feel like a job for competitive players and base everything on luck? The bit about Kakao's communication is also debatable..

Didn't they just release 2 new classes like a week or so ago?

Kind of. The classes have been in other versions of the game for months, so they aren't really anything "new". Leveling a brand new character to 56+ isn't really fun anyway. It isn't "hard" (although, I guess forcing yourself to do something you don't like because it's terribly boring is kind of hard), but it's boring. Not to mention having to level that character's breath, health and strength.. Also buying weight, inventory slots and a new costume.

I believe OP is speaking from the perspective of someone who joined the game almost strictly for PVP and siege/node wars. While the PVP in the game can be fun, it really isn't when you're out-geared, and given that gearing up is boring and frustrating as ----- because of the grind and enhancement system, this game is (becoming) boring for people who just want to PVP. It's not that people want things handed to them - I'm sure nobody minds working to progress their character, but it just shouldn't be this frustrating. This is a game after all.. It shouldn't be a casino or anything else.

Edited by Catgrill
4 people like this