• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We need (meaningful) content to be released. Game is bleeding users right now.

174 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think those people who left or getting burnt out are adults who just want to go home after work, do end game contents like raid a dungeon or something for a few hours and call it a day instead of enjoying their time in the game.  Then, they'll say that the game has become a chore instead of a hobby because they obligate themselves to do "end game contents" everyday.  Sigh.  Human beings.... :-|

Edited by Lorskie
1 person likes this

Posted

Why do you think I think so?

My answer was not very good. Yes, every video game use the same core mechanism to emulate progression. The problem with BDO and many MMOs is how they emulates the progression. In Tetris you have an obvious progression of the gameplay. Every next level is harder and more challenging, thanks to the RNG. In BDO the gameplay stays the same. Instead the gameplay progress the rewards. And the RNG is related to the rewards. That makes the grind simply boring, and the rewards simply gambling.

so tetris is your favorite game of all time? lol. it's one of the most repetitive i've ever played. thing about bdo is i feel progression. the way my results come out better as i level my professions, the way I make money through crafts, and the ability of my horse thanks to the work I put into it. I do wish BDO had better boss fights, but what can you do, this isn't vindictus

Posted

All MMOs do it, however, most wetsern MMOs do not require such a rediculous amount of it. They typically require a couple nights a week doing teh grind, and then you can do other things without feeling like you've fallen behind by a large amount.

You say it requires a ridiculous amount of it. That is very subjective. I don't think spending a few months to gear up to say DUO or TRI in a game you could compete in for years is asking too much. There are plenty of players to compete against at all levels of progression. A players inability to adapt to a system that doesn't provide some visible hard cap is their own problem. If someone feels TET is a must to compete and then looks at the time required to reach that, it might seem ridiculous or scary, but it's far from required.

Lineage 2, EVE, even WoW. There is a progression of the gameplay. Here you have no such, and that is a problem. The only reason to PvE in party is the experience reward, but not the gameplay. You get multiplayer reward, but there is no multiplayer gameplay. You have solo play - almost everything, and zerg play - the world bosses. Even in party, you actually play at the same way, like you do it alone. There is a holy trinity, but the game is so easy, that it is pointless, and all player play like damage dealers. The formations were removed in the Korean OBT. And with the awakening the holy trinity will be removed, and all the classes will become really self sufficient damage dealers. But BDO should be a MMORPG.

Now you're just bashing particular content. I don't find raiding in WoW difficult, you could say it's boring and not fun. But i don't say WoW is like bad Tetris. I don't care what you think BDO SHOULD be. I enjoy what BDO is. Go find a game you enjoy and stop complaining about one you don't enjoy.

1 person likes this

Posted

so tetris is your favorite game of all time? lol. it's one of the most repetitive i've ever played. thing about bdo is i feel progression. the way my results come out better as i level my professions, the way I make money through crafts, and the ability of my horse thanks to the work I put into it. I do wish BDO had better boss fights, but what can you do, this isn't vindictus

What? Why do you think Tetris is my favorite game? It is a game where the core elements of the gameplay are obvious, so it is a good example for the core elements of the video games.

You say it requires a ridiculous amount of it. That is very subjective. I don't think spending a few months to gear up to say DUO or TRI in a game you could compete in for years is asking too much. There are plenty of players to compete against at all levels of progression. A players inability to adapt to a system that doesn't provide some visible hard cap is their own problem. If someone feels TET is a must to compete and then looks at the time required to reach that, it might seem ridiculous or scary, but it's far from required.

Now you're just bashing particular content. I don't find raiding in WoW difficult, you could say it's boring and not fun. But i don't say WoW is like bad Tetris. I don't care what you think BDO SHOULD be. I enjoy what BDO is. Go find a game you enjoy and stop complaining about one you don't enjoy.

I enjoy playing BDO. It seems for you hard to understand that things are not black and white.

Posted

Koreans don't know what meaningful content is. Lol

Posted

Why do you think I think so?

My answer was not very good. Yes, every video game uses the same core mechanism to emulate progression. The problem with BDO and many MMOs is how exactly they emulate the progression. In Tetris you have an obvious progression of the gameplay. Every next level is harder and more challenging, thanks to the RNG. In BDO the gameplay stays the same. Instead the gameplay progress the rewards. And the RNG is related to the rewards. That makes the grind simply boring, and the rewards simply gambling.

It's linear progression, which is pretty uncommon in most theme park mmos (which bdo is not, and why u may feel that way). the exciting part is the human aspect, vying for control of nodes and farming spots is a large part of the games "reward" mechanic and is not based in rng (unless you want to argue about desynch)

Posted

Can we just get awakenings, or some kind of balance that isn't built around awakenings. ¬¬

Posted

Just be patient, a lot of awesome stuff coming in the next few months. Red town should come very soon which will at least make the whole random OWPVP happen more, and you will start to see pirate guilds and whatnot due to the negative karma penalty changes.

Other things as well, but the above is what I personally am most excited about.... red town, the naval stuff, and the new continent to the north. Also we get a dungeon... maybe more later on?

Posted

Just be patient, a lot of awesome stuff coming in the next few months. Red town should come very soon which will at least make the whole random OWPVP happen more, and you will start to see pirate guilds and whatnot due to the negative karma penalty changes.

Other things as well, but the above is what I personally am most excited about.... red town, the naval stuff, and the new continent to the north. Also we get a dungeon... maybe more later on?

I want more PvP, but not until we get awakenings since our balance is built around them. It is already one sided enough as it is. They really should have released them by now since we have been suffering with the balance changes for so long lol. :(

Posted

Yes, we do. We're getting Kamasilve, home of the elves and the Giant homeland.

We're also going to get:

• Ingame voice chat to be added
  • Skill system will be restructured.
  • New player bounty system
  • Baby elephant mounts specialized for trading.
  • Hunting system to be expanded.

-----> http://dulfy.net/2016/04/02/black-desert-new-upcoming-korean-content-schedule/

I am actually quite excited about this, because I like the game....that's why I'm still playing it!

We have the restructured skill system btw. Ingame voice chat like every MMO with the feature will not be used. The bounty system has been talked about for a long time and no changes have happened. 

Not trying to downplay the addition of a new region but for what the OP is talking about, new regions still have the same fundamental gameplay of BDO which has been new places to grind at for xp and gear. This is the complaint of the OP which is what I am responding to. The core of BDO does not show to be changing anytime soon, which isn't a negative.

Posted

I enjoy playing BDO. It seems for you hard to understand that things are not black and white.

Looks black and white to me...

The grind is like Tetris, even worse, as in BDO there is no progression, so every level is the same, just longer.

But in BDO it is only an endless line of repetitive actions.

It is really boring. 

You're saying you enjoy playing a game made up of really boring content. Forgive me for finding it hard to believe someone could enjoy a game they call boring and like bad Tetris. I think it's more plausible someone is actually in denial. 

Posted

I want more PvP, but not until we get awakenings since our balance is built around them. It is already one sided enough as it is. They really should have released them by now since we have been suffering with the balance changes for so long lol. :(

Will probably come with Val 2 if I had to guess.

Posted (edited)

An OP made of nothing but opinion. There are constant updates, new classes, new weapons, etc etc.. Just because your guild didn't do enough to keep people around doesn't mean the game is dying... it means your officers needs to get active.

The people your guild is "bleeding" are joining other guilds.

Edited by Znick

Posted

No matter what, with the way awakenings have been, certain character classes would have been suffering because they didn't have awakenings.

Posted

"I believe OP is speaking from the perspective of someone who joined the game almost strictly for PVP and siege/node wars. While the PVP in the game can be fun, it really isn't when you're out-geared, and given that gearing up is boring and frustrating as ----- because of the grind and enhancement system, this game is (becoming) boring for people who just want to PVP."

So how is adding new content going to solve the problem of the HUGE game breaking gear imbalances in this game?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

When what you enjoy about the game is world PvP, being stuck at below a certain threshhold of gear not because of your efforts, but because of rng, there is a flaw in the game and flat out prevents entry into the part of the game that would be enjoyable.

When someone makes the claim that effort=reward in this game they are flat out ignoring the fact that players who put in much less effort can fly right past you. This is why I personally laugh at PA's thinking that the game is simply time2win. Time has very little to do with it. It gives you more chances to brute force through yes, but it certainly doesn't make your rewards equal to the effort you put in compared to those that are apparently golden children of the game putting in much less effort and getting much more out of it simply due to rng.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

the amount of no-life gamers in KR = 99.9% of players

the amount of casual gamers in KR = %1

the amount of no life gamers everywhere else = 1%

the amount of casual gamers everywhere else = 99%

Posted

When what you enjoy about the game is world PvP, being stuck at lower below a certain threshhold of gear not because of your efforts, but because of rng, there is a flaw in the game and flat out prevents entry into the part of the game that would be enjoyable.

When someone makes the claim that effort=reward in this game they are flat out ignoring the fact that players who put in much less effort can fly right past you. This is why I personally laugh at PA's thinking that the game is simply time2win. Time has very little to do with it. It gives you more chances to brute force through yes, but it certainly doesn't make your rewards equal to the effort you put in compared to those that are apparently golden children of the game putting in much less effort and getting much more out of it simply due to rng.

And you've hit the nail on the head. When you enjoy one particular aspect of a game and dislike a part of the game you feel is required it doesn't make that part flawed. I wish players stopped thinking what they want/like/dislike must be the way things should be. Myself and others like that part of the game. We like to grind mobs and get drops to slowly improve even when we gain nothing at times due to RNG. We persevere and yes that takes effort. Just because you don't like that kind of game play doesn't make it flawed. It makes it different.

After enough time and enough RNG things tend to average out. Sure some players are very lucky and others not but the overall spectrum isn't as horrible as you make it out to be. Very few players are days/months behind others due to RNG just as very few are ahead. The problem constantly being described is constantly being exaggerated. 

Posted

Lethality on the Edan server just went dormant. Our leadership is burned out and for every new member we gain, about two or three leave. Recruiting is more brutal than any game we've ever seen and things aren't looking bright. We've been hearing tons of issues with other guilds. Everyone seems to be struggling here, not just the top, high-end guilds. The other servers seem to be ghost-towns as well.

People are becoming burnt out because of the massive amount of time required to set up node-wars and the fact that we have absolutely no clue what is on the horizon. We're not really interested in the next time we get a new map with a bunch of boring mobs to hit. We're wondering when we're getting content that's actually going to change the way we play. We have no idea when things are coming and people are just bored.

The game is good, we all love it, but we've been playing the same game for the last few months. There's only so long we can be expected to play the same game without getting absolutely bored.

The big thing is that all of this can be fixed by a little communication. It would go a long way to get a roadmap of what's coming and what we can expect.

It's very simple: Learn the skill of letting go. Know how it feels and act on it.

Let anyone talk with his voice into your ears and ask you Why are you continuing to play a game which you are bored in, why are you wasting your precious life-time?

You could not answer him because the answer you would give and already have is so simply: You dont know. And you dont know because you know that you would never do such a thing. STOP SLEEPING and wake up from your daily drooling around and not knowing what better you could do that switching on a piece of electricity and hoping it to feed you yet another exciting (or boring but Hopefully exciting again somewhere soon) adventure.

When have you ever actually asked yourself the question what you wanna do with your life???

This game is done for me. It's a pure husk. Completely shallow and empty of content and I see myself, after grinding hundreds of millions doing only the same over and over again: Getting silver, spending for upgrades, waiting for pvp-content to be released, failing upgrades, getting silver, doing upgrades, rince repeat. It is compltely and utterly boring. More boring that Realm of the Mad God or any other tiny game, which super worse grafics. This game has good grafics and an okay playstyle but Nothing Else.

For a reason. Unstick yourself and learn from it.

So many games are just transitions to something even better. Get away from it and dont fall for the "trap" of having invested time into something and believing it to be now more worth than in the beginning.

Your frigging high-end PEN yellow item is the same code that a +0 green item. You add a factor to deal dmg to the green item that does more dmg than the yellow one and all your believes of OMGGREENMUSTHAVEANDUPGRADESUPERRAREANDFULLOFVALUE are out of the window.

Seriously.. game development must be such a shockingly dry and manipulative job. You fart out "value" on a regular basis. You create value out of thin air, put it into colorful items, spread them out very scarcely and your consumers actually believe it. How do YOU actually sleep at night? How do YOU actually feel good walking this world know you fool other human beings?

Call it milking, call it slavery, seriously - and dont come at me with "They know all what they are doing, nobody is forcing them."

----- o ff!

And are you all here? Waiting to live life?

Waiting to get better content? WTF ARE YOU DOING !!!NOW!!! with your life??? Do you live for a future?

Are you stupid? Seriously what the hell

Posted

That's why sometimes I'm thankful I work 8 hours a day. Even though I'm not hardcore, I do have good equipment and aim to get even stronger, but I think I'd get bored fast if I spent so much time grinding to be one of the best. Whenever I get bored of farming rare accessories, I focus on life skills, knowledge hunting, map exploration and quest completion. It sure helps to clear my head from all the grinding. But I do understand his point. My guild in Alustin has received players from Jordine who left that server because they couldn't keep up with such hardcore guilds. My own guild has players who left because they thought the game was too time-consuming, almost like a full time job. Personally, I think some players need to find other things to do when grinding becomes a burden.

There's a reason I run away to do hunting, farming, and wide open sea trading. :D

1 person likes this

Posted

You're right in many ways but your way of communicating your concerns isn't going to help your case.  This isn't simply a BDO problem.

We're blessed in many ways by not having to be consumed with the need to survive in this era.  Very few people are going to starve to death if they don't find a way to change their life.  However, at the same time, the laws and regulations which form a safety net have also made it very difficult to strike out on your own.  Want to work in a certain profession?  You have to go to accredited schools, join a professional order, etc.  At a certain point you begin to have gatekeepers who decide that only this kind of individual has a chance of doing this kind of job.

In games, players still have a sense of choice and clear progression paths.  In real life, they probably have large amounts of debt from trying to follow paths that don't pay off.  If you think game developers should be looking at themselves critically in the mirror for wasting people's time, you should probably be asking the same of your politicians, business and banking executives, and most of the people chasing the almighty dollar.

Posted (edited)

Lethality on the Edan server just went dormant. Our leadership is burned out and for every new member we gain, about two or three leave. Recruiting is more brutal than any game we've ever seen and things aren't looking bright. We've been hearing tons of issues with other guilds. Everyone seems to be struggling here, not just the top, high-end guilds. The other servers seem to be ghost-towns as well.

People are becoming burnt out because of the massive amount of time required to set up node-wars and the fact that we have absolutely no clue what is on the horizon. We're not really interested in the next time we get a new map with a bunch of boring mobs to hit. We're wondering when we're getting content that's actually going to change the way we play. We have no idea when things are coming and people are just bored.

The game is good, we all love it, but we've been playing the same game for the last few months. There's only so long we can be expected to play the same game without getting absolutely bored.

The big thing is that all of this can be fixed by a little communication. It would go a long way to get a roadmap of what's coming and what we can expect.

If your guild is bleeding members its because you probably have few girls in your guild. The guild I am has around 25 girls and we have 100 players and our second guild has 75. We had to split the girls to keep both guilds happy. 

Edited by Saltminer

Posted (edited)

It's linear progression, which is pretty uncommon in most theme park mmos (which bdo is not, and why u may feel that way). the exciting part is the human aspect, vying for control of nodes and farming spots is a large part of the games "reward" mechanic and is not based in rng (unless you want to argue about desynch)

It is not linear. It is a lack of progression. The gameplay stays the same. But the awards progress, so the gameplay even degrades instead to progress. It is a very wrong design for such a game. And the awards are completely RNG. You may stay and grind a day with zero rewards, or to play an hour and to be rewarded with few valuable items. Not to mention the fail stacks absurd. All that is a pure gambling with your time and money.

Looks black and white to me...

You're saying you enjoy playing a game made up of really boring content. Forgive me for finding it hard to believe someone could enjoy a game they call boring and like bad Tetris. I think it's more plausible someone is actually in denial. 

PvP dude, there is PvP, also no matter of the terrible gameplay, the game looks beautiful. And the grind is not so terrible if you do it few hours per week. So no, it is not black and white.

There's a reason I run away to do hunting, farming, and wide open sea trading. :D

All that is singleplayer. Now explain please how you play a MMO?

Be careful what you wish, as the PvP in Korea is actually terrible because of the insane damage of the awakened skills.

Edited by Ikcen

Posted

I think a lot of people here are becoming "asianized".

Korea 9863725376727 - Rest of the World 0

Posted (edited)

And you've hit the nail on the head. When you enjoy one particular aspect of a game and dislike a part of the game you feel is required it doesn't make that part flawed. I wish players stopped thinking what they want/like/dislike must be the way things should be. Myself and others like that part of the game. We like to grind mobs and get drops to slowly improve even when we gain nothing at times due to RNG. We persevere and yes that takes effort. Just because you don't like that kind of game play doesn't make it flawed. It makes it different.

After enough time and enough RNG things tend to average out. Sure some players are very lucky and others not but the overall spectrum isn't as horrible as you make it out to be. Very few players are days/months behind others due to RNG just as very few are ahead. The problem constantly being described is constantly being exaggerated. 

The thing is, for most games enough time has past that we should see things averaging out. They aren't though. We still see the same people getting good rng and the same people suffering from getting poor rng. We have actually seen the gaps get bigger and bigger, rather than smaller and smaller that evening out would bring. 

I consider anything a design flaw that blocks you way to an activity seen as a large part of the game with something out of your control. I wan't to PvP, I need this amount of gear. I don't get that amount of gear until RNG says I can. Doesn't matter how much time I put in, I do not get it until rng says I can. Other games, that block you out of something give you a set non heavily rng based way of getting rid of that block. Effort? I do not think mindlessly grinding mobs is a noticeable amount of effort. Takes time? Yes, effort no, not really. Digging takes even less effort than that and it is the main way people get the items to upgrade. And again, time does not equal reward in this game.

Hate to say it, but you are the reason why game devs use lazy things such as heavy rng rather than actually improving gameplay to make it engaging and fun enough to make people want to play it for something other than that carrot.

Edited by Noth
2 people like this