• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

We need (meaningful) content to be released. Game is bleeding users right now.

174 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm more concerned about resyncs, and the impact that the change on 6/17 had, which has rendered certain areas of the game impossible - specifically, leveling horses or leveling strength/breath while AFK. While training isn't as much of a priority as PvE/PvP combat content, having a good horse seems fairly important, and when it takes ~70 hours (give or take) to fully level your horse and unlock skills that allow you to cover more ground in a shorter amount of time, obviously auto-loop is an important element. I don't believe I need to explain the importance of leveling strength/breath. 

Daum initially said they'd talk to PA about the change (basically, resync dismounts you and/or breaks your loop - this also happens when autopathing and experiencing a latency spoke) -- however they've since said it's a "client side" issue and I'm guessing after 2 months of no improvement, that means the change will remain. The thing is, this issue is experienced on almost every major ISP in the US, including google fiber (surprisingly enough), and players around the globe from the EU, AUS, and Japan have all reported experiencing the same issue. 

It's made leveling strength/breath, and training/breeding horses (which allows them to be sold..) almost impossible unless you sacrifice your normal gameplay to do it manually/babysit the loop. And as for making the most of AFK? Processing or fishing in one (safe) place are your options.

Posted (edited)

And you've hit the nail on the head. When you enjoy one particular aspect of a game and dislike a part of the game you feel is required it doesn't make that part flawed. I wish players stopped thinking what they want/like/dislike must be the way things should be. Myself and others like that part of the game. We like to grind mobs and get drops to slowly improve even when we gain nothing at times due to RNG. We persevere and yes that takes effort. Just because you don't like that kind of game play doesn't make it flawed. It makes it different.

After enough time and enough RNG things tend to average out. Sure some players are very lucky and others not but the overall spectrum isn't as horrible as you make it out to be. Very few players are days/months behind others due to RNG just as very few are ahead. The problem constantly being described is constantly being exaggerated. 

Many of these PvP players will never understand your point of view.  Why?  Because they are stuck in this mindset that they want to play an MMORPG as if it was a PvP FPS game.  All they want to do is log into the game and compete at the highest level without actually putting forth the effort to get to the highest level.

BDO is a gear and level based MMORPG.  And even though it provides for PvP game play, that is not all it offers. Yet these PvP players come into BDO wishing to play it like it was a PvP FPS or MOBA and when they aren't immediately allowed to do that at the highest level within a certain time frame, they complain to high heavens for having to engage in progression type activities required in MMORPG game play before being able to proclaim oneself as being one of the best at PvP as required by this game.  

Being one of the best in BDO is not just about being the best skilled.  It's about being able to persevere the progression journey to being the best, and then once having accomplished that goal, then utilizing your skill to compete and win against the very best at the game.  Only after having overcome these lofty goals, can any player consider themselves a good PvP player in BDO.

Edited by CurlyBaby
1 person likes this

Posted

All that is singleplayer. Now explain please how you play a MMO?

Cause I play with friends, silly head

It's not like farming, trading, and flower picking is ALL I do lol

durrr

Posted

Cause I play with friends, silly head

It's not like farming, trading, and flower picking is ALL I do lol

durrr

You are right!
You can't trade, so farming & flower picking is the only thing you do.

Siege and Node wars are the only fun pieces of content in the game right now unless you have a
crippling addiction to grinding.

Posted

You are right!You can't trade, so farming & flower picking is the only thing you do.

Siege and Node wars are the only fun pieces of content in the game right now unless you have a
crippling addiction to grinding.

Don't get me started on the gear gap. Please. It has created such a schism in the player base it isn't even funny.

Posted

Don't get me started on the gear gap. Please. It has created such a schism in the player base it isn't even funny.

You wrote skill gap wrong you scrub.

Posted

You wrote skill gap wrong you scrub.

Don't make me stuff marshmallows in your mouth Mr Funshine Bear

Posted (edited)

Don't make me stuff marshmallows in your mouth Mr Funshine Bear

When life gets you down, make sure that you never forget.

That you can close your "FantasyLaborSimulator" application and play a game instead!
1468881526923.thumb.jpg.28a925b077137f2c
Or trash talk it on their forums for sheer banter.

Edited by Yablo

Posted

It isn't just the lack of ongoing content, it's some of the other stupid parts of the game. When you reach 50, forget moving on unless you have a lot of money and time.

Posted

Many of these PvP players will never understand your point of view.  Why?  Because they are stuck in this mindset that they want to play an MMORPG as if it was a PvP FPS game.  All they want to do is log into the game and compete at the highest level without actually putting forth the effort to get to the highest level.

BDO is a gear and level based MMORPG.  And even though it provides for PvP game play, that is not all it offers. Yet these PvP players come into BDO wishing to play it like it was a PvP FPS or MOBA and when they aren't immediately allowed to do that at the highest level within a certain time frame, they complain to high heavens for having to engage in progression type activities required in MMORPG game play before being able to proclaim oneself as being one of the best at PvP as required by this game.  

Being one of the best in BDO is not just about being the best skilled.  It's about being able to persevere the progression journey to being the best, and then once having accomplished that goal, then utilizing your skill to compete and win against the very best at the game.  Only after having overcome these lofty goals, can any player consider themselves a good PvP player in BDO.

Be honest, your skills do not matter, the grind is endless, and being the best means only you have too much time to lose, in fact you have no life. You could be right if there is a level and gear cap, but there is not. BDO is not gear and level based game, it is time and RNG based. And the PvE is singleplayer, so if you do not PvP, I do not see what a MMO game your are talking about. I do not like FPS. And most of the players do not want Daum to remove the grind, they want some challenge and progression of the gameplay.   

Posted

The thing is, for most games enough time has past that we should see things averaging out. They aren't though. We still see the same people getting good rng and the same people suffering from getting poor rng. We have actually seen the gaps get bigger and bigger, rather than smaller and smaller that evening out would bring. 

Bullshit. There is no proof to back up those statements. And before you say there is no proof things are averaging out... that doesn't mean the most plausible explanation is the tin foil hat theory you present.

I consider anything a design flaw that blocks you way to an activity seen as a large part of the game with something out of your control. I wan't to PvP, I need this amount of gear. I don't get that amount of gear until RNG says I can. Doesn't matter how much time I put in, I do not get it until rng says I can. Other games, that block you out of something give you a set non heavily rng based way of getting rid of that block. Effort? I do not think mindlessly grinding mobs is a noticeable amount of effort. Takes time? Yes, effort no, not really. Digging takes even less effort than that and it is the main way people get the items to upgrade. And again, time does not equal reward in this game.

Hate to say it, but you are the reason why game devs use lazy things such as heavy rng rather than actually improving gameplay to make it engaging and fun enough to make people want to play it for something other than that carrot.

You chose to play a game that requires some RNG success. That is not a design flaw. It's a design decision no matter how much you hate it. You want to PvP but you don't like the RNG game to reach the self imposed PvP stats you think you need. You don't think persevering to get past some unforgiving RNG at times is effort. Again, none of this is a design flaw. That's called a game that you don't like large parts of. I'm getting tired of listening to you on these forums claiming how these forms of game play are flawed as you put it today.

I hate to tell you but game developers don't have endless amounts of time to produce new and engaging game play that lasts for years. You'll be repeating many aspects from this genre of game for many years still to come. How am I the reason the developers do things you don't like? LOL You're here paying and playing the same game I am. Keep pretending all the things you don't like about Black Desert are design flaws instead of understanding that you chose to play a game with elements you dislike. If you want to play the blame game, you're part of the reason forums become so toxic. You tell everyone that their preferences are flawed because you don't agree with them. 

Very well said, +1. It really does amaze me when some players conclude a game is flawed because the progression based game they chose to play simply has too much progression required in their eyes. Black Desert continues to be beat over the head by those players because there is no clear cap. Players continue to cherry pick the upper limits of gear or level progression as some realistic marker to support their arguments that the game requires too much effort from them.

There are very few clear values available to support arguments regarding Black Desert. Because of this players seem to think they can hide behind their claims as proof is hard to come by. While this is a source of frustration at times it's one of the things I love about Black Desert. I enjoy that it doesn't hold our hand too much even if it gives complainers more room to breath.

I wish they could understand my point of view. I see their inability to do so as a reflection on society sadly.

Posted (edited)

Bullshit. There is no proof to back up those statements. And before you say there is no proof things are averaging out... that doesn't mean the most plausible explanation is the tin foil hat theory you present.

You chose to play a game that requires some RNG success. That is not a design flaw. It's a design decision no matter how much you hate it. You want to PvP but you don't like the RNG game to reach the self imposed PvP stats you think you need. You don't think persevering to get past some unforgiving RNG at times is effort. Again, none of this is a design flaw. That's called a game that you don't like large parts of. I'm getting tired of listening to you on these forums claiming how these forms of game play are flawed as you put it today.

I hate to tell you but game developers don't have endless amounts of time to produce new and engaging game play that lasts for years. You'll be repeating many aspects from this genre of game for many years still to come. How am I the reason the developers do things you don't like? LOL You're here paying and playing the same game I am. Keep pretending all the things you don't like about Black Desert are design flaws instead of understanding that you chose to play a game with elements you dislike. If you want to play the blame game, you're part of the reason forums become so toxic. You tell everyone that their preferences are flawed because you don't agree with them. 

No where do I say they have to continually make brand new content. They need to make engaging content that is fun enough to be done for more than just the carrot. This would actually extend the life of the content as well.

The number one factor to progression in this game is RNG. That is not some RNG. I view that as a design flaw in a game that promotes PvP (even at one point was toying with the idea of esports) and has a combat system with what could be a very high level of skill required. Instead it is buried underneath gear, which is buried underneath rng. It doesn't take advantage of the natural qualities that the system brings and instead throws on things that act against it. Why have an action combat system when when gear means far more than skill, and that gear is buried behind multiple layers of rng. May as well just use something like TESO does. The design decision reaks of lazy, and inconsistent design.

I say you are the type of player that is the reason for this because you are perfectly fine with systems that exploit the player and are stuck in a system that simply does not push the genre forward.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Why have an action combat system when when gear means far more than skill, and that gear is buried behind multiple layers of rng.

Because an action combat system where gear means more than skill, and gear is buried behind multiple layers of rng, is the very foundation of BDO game play.

A better question would be why would anyone be interested in playing BDO if they are not interested in that type of game play?

Edited by CurlyBaby

Posted

No where do I say they have to continually make brand new content. They need to make engaging content that is fun enough to be done for more than just the carrot. This would actually extend the life of the content as well.

The number one factor to progression in this game is RNG. That is not some RNG. I view that as a design flaw in a game that promotes PvP (even at one point was toying with the idea of esports) and has a combat system with what could be a very high level of skill required. Instead it is buried underneath gear, which is buried underneath rng. It doesn't take advantage of the natural qualities that the system brings and instead throws on things that act against it. Why have an action combat system when when gear means far more than skill, and that gear is buried behind multiple layers of rng. May as well just use something like TESO does. The design decision reaks of lazy, and inconsistent design.

I say you are the type of player that is the reason for this because you are perfectly fine with systems that exploit the player and are stuck in a system that simply does not push the genre forward.

Give an example of content that remains fun enough to be repeated for years. I dare you. I'm willing to bet anything you come up with some players will find boring. Just like you find Black Desert boring or bad. All you'll be doing is changing the content to something that you enjoy instead. 

You keep pretending gear shits all over skill. I bet i can defeat you while wearing lower enchanted gear than you. Regardless, your exaggerations prove nothing. Do you really think combat happens only when a large gear disparity exists?

You are playing the same game I am. Anything you attribute to me because I play BDO applies to you as well. Games are not obligated to push a genre forward. Who are you to tell everyone how things should be done? Design choices are not flawed, lazy, or exploiting players simply because you do not like them. It's really that simple. Not every game is or should be targeting what you want. You don't think progression should be tied to RNG in a game with PvP yet you chose to play a game with exactly that, why? And at what point does a player have to accept the game they chose to play for what it is instead of constantly telling everyone the game is flawed or broken for being what it is?

Posted

Give an example of content that remains fun enough to be repeated for years. I dare you. I'm willing to bet anything you come up with some players will find boring. Just like you find Black Desert boring or bad. All you'll be doing is changing the content to something that you enjoy instead. 

You keep pretending gear shits all over skill. I bet i can defeat you while wearing lower enchanted gear than you. Regardless, your exaggerations prove nothing. Do you really think combat happens only when a large gear disparity exists?

You are playing the same game I am. Anything you attribute to me because I play BDO applies to you as well. Games are not obligated to push a genre forward. Who are you to tell everyone how things should be done? Design choices are not flawed, lazy, or exploiting players simply because you do not like them. It's really that simple. Not every game is or should be targeting what you want. You don't think progression should be tied to RNG in a game with PvP yet you chose to play a game with exactly that, why? And at what point does a player have to accept the game they chose to play for what it is instead of constantly telling everyone the game is flawed or broken for being what it is?

Have you fought people who outgear you more than an enchant level or two?

Posted

RNG to this extent is exploiting. It plays on the psychology behind gambling. It is the very definition of exploiting the player.

As for games that have little or slow new content that are played for years. Look at most shooters, even MOBAs, most online multiplayer games outside of MMOs. MMOs have simply not evolved to the point they can do such. In general, the gameplay is simply not compelling enough in most MMOs. Sticking to RNG and gear treadmills isn't going to help the genre evolve in that aspect.

Gear does shit over skill. We have known this since KR Beta and it is something that has been complained about by vets in both KR and here before the game even went into beta here.

1 person likes this

Posted

Because an action combat system where gear means more than skill, and gear is buried behind multiple layers of rng, is the very foundation of BDO game play.

A better question would be why would anyone be interested in playing BDO if they are not interested in that type of game play?

This is simply not true. The heavy RNG is made to support the cash shop sales, and with every big update it becomes heavier. The RNG here is related to the rewards, but not to the gameplay. Except if you say, the world, graphics, PvE and PvP do no matter, and the only thing that matters, the very foundation of BDO, is gambling for rewards.

Posted

Have you fought people who outgear you more than an enchant level or two?

Yes, and I die most times. But if you're two+ enchant levels behind someone you deserve to be at a significant disadvantage. Getting to PRI is easy as f***. Fighting a player at TRI will likely mean your death. It should be that way because getting to DUO isn't difficult either. There is no downgrading on the way to DUO and that is the minimum for anyone expecting to PvP where their skill really counts. TRI is more competitive and where RNG starts to show but it's certainly possible for everyone. Anyone complaining about the RNG to get to DUO or TRI wants an easy game whether they realize it or not. Using RNG as an excuse doesn't hide the fact they want an easier game. Players saying, "RNG isn't difficult blah blah blah" are fooling themselves.

RNG to this extent is exploiting. It plays on the psychology behind gambling. It is the very definition of exploiting the player.

Case in point^. He wants an easier game and will make any excuse imaginable while avoiding all relevant questions that hurt his position.

Posted

Just wanted to chime in here...very new to the game 1 level 42 so far.

I have really tried to get into the story of this game but after watching so many cutscenes and doing quests i still 

don't know what the main story is about (sad really).

What is endgame?  No seriously what is it?  getting rich?  owning horses?  being a guild leader? 

Honestly this thread really hits into the heart of the matter.  What content if any will keep me around for more than the 30+7 days of valuepack that I have left.

At this point t his game is a subscription based game and the day is approaching when I will  have to make a decision stay or leave and honestly there just isn't

enough content to make we want to stay beyond my 37 days.

What is the point of Guilds?  I really don't see any benefit other than making friends but you don't really need a guild for that.  Guilds are pointless.

I have played for a week and i already have almost maxed gear and weapons except for boss gear.

Games beautiful guys, the combat is excellent (other than taking control of your attribute points to me is a negative)

but all that isn't enough, unless you want to wound up with a niche game with a bunch of whales and elitists gathering around the fire

every Saturday like other dying MMO's this will be  just another archeage. Yes I said it.

Posted

Because there was a lot of rumours prior to NA/EU BDO release, saying the game would be adjusted to a western audience. I dont know the truth to it personally, but that's what all those people believed.

As a result, loads of people that normally wouldn't play Asian MMO's due to rng/endless grind and gear disparity, went head and got BDO anyway. Many got it as place-holder game I think, while waiting for other games to come out. So they weren't that invested to begin with.

Most of those players aren't with us anymore, kinda obvious why lol. The game wasn't particularly adjusted to a western audience. Roughly 90% of the people I started this game with, have quit so far and for that reason. They had no clue how much PvE grind, gear grind and good RNG was needed, to be successful in PvP. The game wasn't for them.

So I dont think new content will make a huge difference. It's still a KR no-life grind where gear and rng matters just as much or more than skill. This game will never be largely successful in NA/EU, due to that design. It can still maintain a healthy population of course, but will never be a top MMORPG on the western market.

Posted

Give us awakenings and buff the rewards from grinding in Valencia. 

I'm level 57 and sick of sausans so I just life skill all day and pretty much ignore everything else. 

hmmm try pirates

Posted

Anyways what kind of moron think that killing easy mobs 24/7 takes more effort than learning to play? Well it probably doesn't take lot of effort be best skilled bdo player because every average of better pvp player have stopped playing, but other games you need to work hard. It's actually takes much more effort play serious PvP matches 5 hours/day than kill some ridiculously easy mobs  15 hours/day while watching movies.

Posted

Coming from the mentioned guild in the OP i have a small adjustment to that claim to make.

The leader quit (Due to running the guild being too much work) and none of the officers stepping up to take his place (for the same reason) content was a secondary concern, the entire guild didnt quit out of boredom and lack of content, a group went back to thier old guild, others went to active guilds, some stayed and are still floating around a little more casually, all because one person went off and the others didnt want to take his place. Yes replacing people that leave gets more difficult as time passes, but then there are multitudes of reasons for that beyond "the games dead", guild image, name, members, stance, all that can be huge factors in why people wont even look at a guild.

So whoever you are OP (I have no idea since i've never seen your name before) do not claim an entire guild left because of game issues, a handful left many different reasons.

Now all that being said they have listed whats coming and when its expected, none of it is game changing by any means beside awakenings, but then that was advertised since forever ago, demanding anything from the publisher is pointless, they dont know when its coming, only when they can fairly expect it. Thing with BDO is it is new grind spots with new skins and thats about it every release, some you get new mechanics and classes but for the most part it will always be the same, there will be no change to that for the foseeable future because the next 2-3 expansions add little past naval combat and a hanful of "instances" which aare completely skippable.

Posted

Yes, and I die most times. But if you're two+ enchant levels behind someone you deserve to be at a significant disadvantage. Getting to PRI is easy as f***. Fighting a player at TRI will likely mean your death. It should be that way because getting to DUO isn't difficult either. There is no downgrading on the way to DUO and that is the minimum for anyone expecting to PvP where their skill really counts. TRI is more competitive and where RNG starts to show but it's certainly possible for everyone. Anyone complaining about the RNG to get to DUO or TRI wants an easy game whether they realize it or not. Using RNG as an excuse doesn't hide the fact they want an easier game. Players saying, "RNG isn't difficult blah blah blah" are fooling themselves.

Case in point^. He wants an easier game and will make any excuse imaginable while avoiding all relevant questions that hurt his position.

Yeah dude, you deserve to lose because someone else has more free time than you. Honestly even the RNG here is not a matter of luck, but of time. You are gambling for the rewards actually with the time spend into the game, and most of the cash shop sales are for time saving items, but not costumes.

Posted

Because there was a lot of rumours prior to NA/EU BDO release, saying the game would be adjusted to a western audience. I dont know the truth to it personally, but that's what all those people believed.

As a result, loads of people that normally wouldn't play Asian MMO's due to rng/endless grind and gear disparity, went head and got BDO anyway. Many got it as place-holder game I think, while waiting for other games to come out. So they weren't that invested to begin with.

Most of those players aren't with us anymore, kinda obvious why lol. The game wasn't particularly adjusted to a western audience. Roughly 90% of the people I started this game with, have quit so far and for that reason. They had no clue how much PvE grind, gear grind and good RNG was needed, to be successful in PvP. The game wasn't for them.

So I dont think new content will make a huge difference. It's still a KR no-life grind where gear and rng matters just as much or more than skill. This game will never be largely successful in NA/EU, due to that design. It can still maintain a healthy population of course, but will never be a top MMORPG on the western market.

You know, I really take exception to your attempt at proclaiming yourself as being the spokesman for the "western audience."  And the reason I do so is because not only do you not speak for all of us, but little do you realize that you are doing the "western audience" no favors by categorizing and bunching us all as being of this same mindset.  It's a mindset that attempts to separate us as being somehow better than eastern players when what it actually accomplishes in doing is insulting us because the qualities espoused by eastern players is actually far above those exemplified by western players.  Western players could learn a thing or two about community, integrity, patience, perseverance, respect and consideration for your fellow player, and overall game play from players in the east.  You don't speak for all of us.  You speak for the entitled, spoiled, and instant gratification seeking few. There are many of us enjoying the game as it is, and who will support BDO long after you and your kind are long gone.

2 people like this