• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 3rd

674 posts in this topic

Posted

I will open my wallet the moment the long-tailed tit and the snow wolf dog get added to the pets!  : )

Thanks for these other changes.  I'm a new user, so nothing seems to affect me much right now, but always appreciate patch notes and things added to the game.

Posted

a 1 GB patch for this tiny bit of changes??  R U SRS?

Posted (edited)

I agree, can't nerf Pirates or other drops because that's how people who are just hitting 55 are going to catch up.  Chimeras is a special issue because it was screwing lower level players who were right around 45 and so killable but clearly couldn't defend themselves.  Players on my server are slowly moving into Valencia as they get their node levels up and learn their 'Rotations'.  I started pretty much exclusively grinding Valencia at all Pri because for various reasons I just thought it was better - mostly more fun.  Valencia does not require 190Ap, I was dealing with more like 130 at that time and i could still kill things without dying.  Learning your rotation is also a huge part of it, Valencia areas were slow exp for me until I picked the node I like the most and found a rotation that was most efficient and rewarding for me and then as you get better and better at that the money and exp increase correspondingly.  Sausans is really only useful now past 57 if you're soloing and that lets groups of 55s come in and push that guy out, those guys with lvl 12 sausans nodes are hoiding on but most of the rest are moving on too from what I have seen.  I think it'll probably resolve itself in a few weeks.  Just like pre nerf pirates were new and fun and not nearly as efficient as Sausans, but my grinding buddies and I kept doing them and eventually - still pre nerf - we got good at the rotation and then it was efficient and fun at the same time.

Well I was saying 180+ because of very efficient solo, it's very possible with lower than that, I'm able to kill with 143 AP as a Warrior, plus higher AP = more likely to win if someone tries to push you out :D I duo'd with a 170 AP musa at Bashims and it was fine, if I get my AP just a bit higher, I can probably solo (especially with Warrior's new amazing pve sustain from skill add-ons) but it won't be efficient as solo Pirates. I don't really die in Valencia if I know when to dodge & put my shield up at good timing, and I only have like 235 DP (working on DUO armor)

I am usually listed at top 15 or so wealthiest on my server at all hours of the day I have never had to grind an area nor have I needed to kill anyone for a "rotation" lol If you play all aspects of this game you will make tons of money without grieving others to do so. Albeit Im a bit slower on progression(because I am not hard core caring about it) I am not hurting for money. If they nerf money then maybe people will figure out there are other aspects of the game besides spending all day/night grinding like they are playing Diablo instead.

I'm not saying there aren't other ways to make money, there certainly are, but it has been confirmed by devs and KR players that grinding is the most efficient / profitable way to make silver. I know someone who's like top 1-3 in 8 different things every single day including wealth, which proves there's obviously plenty of ways to make money, it all just depends how profitable you want it to be :D 

I will open my wallet the moment the long-tailed tit and the snow wolf dog get added to the pets!  : )

YESYEYES SAME, give me the husky please ;-;

Also XP isnt why they are grinding usually its for money only. If its XP they will group with you, if its for money they will try to kill you or you have to pvp just to get some quest updates, they want the money they make all to themselves.

The only reasons to group with someone for exp is either you're helping them, can't efficient solo or duo, or want a full group so that you don't get pushed out by another group of 5. If you can solo or duo (solo is best), you make far more exp than in a group. Same thing with money, again, assuming you can efficiently solo or duo, since you get all the profit. Both exp and money as solo vs. group comparison have been tested personally as well as from a friend

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted (edited)

I am usually listed at top 15 or so wealthiest on my server at all hours of the day I have never had to grind an area nor have I needed to kill anyone for a "rotation" lol If you play all aspects of this game you will make tons of money without grieving others to do so. Albeit Im a bit slower on progression(because I am not hard core caring about it) I am not hurting for money. If they nerf money then maybe people will figure out there are other aspects of the game besides spending all day/night grinding like they are playing Diablo instead.

Also XP isnt why they are grinding usually its for money only. If its XP they will group with you, if its for money they will try to kill you or you have to pvp just to get some quest updates, they want the money they make all to themselves.

Wealth rankings are based on current liquid value, not asset. And even then, they are only based on the individual channel you're currently on (not channel group: IE Velia 1 & Velia 2). If the 14 people above you all spend enough money that drops their current liquid value below your own, they will, in real time drop below you the next update tick and that will be reflected on the leaderboards.

Having your name on the wealth ranking leaderboards is literally not an indication of anything actually related to real wealth or account wealth value.

Edited by triggered

Posted

They dress to attract the attention of those they find attractive, not to become public property where everyone feels they have the right to comment, stare or touch.

Then there is a time and a place. See, when you wear those kinds of revealing clothes in public you are opening yourself up to the public. If you only wished to wear those things to attract a certain someone, well... That's why you'd say, invite them over to dinner, and wear said clothes especially for them and them alone. Please however, the most important thing to remember is that, this is in fact a game, it is not real and your pixels cannot feel physically violated unless you allow them to... Which, unless you are the hardcorest of the hardcore RPers, you can disassociate yourself from your pixels yeah?

Posted

Know why uno has a shortage of nodes ?
All the super duper l33t PvP guilds are on other servers and they have such high turnover and people quitting because nobody wants to deal with no life 16 yr olds chain killing them every day every minute on those servers....

Yet another valid point in why OW-PvP ruins population bases. Little kids and trolls just are not fun to deal with every damn day.

Uno is probably the best server right now in terms of population and quality of life & people.

I am on Uno and I think it's cool that most nodes wars are competitive.  Not every guild should be able to build/autowin a t1 node.  T3s are contested by alliances, which is a cool additional dynamic to the PvP endgame.  I think it'll shake out eventually so that most smaller guilds will find other smaller guilds contesting T1s instead of finding a big PvP centric guilds there for the easy money.  The lockout after you take anything higher in rank means pretty soon smaller casual guilds will be able to war for a T1 at the end of the weekly cycle I hope.

Uno also has it's Troll guilds, but here again I think they're a benefit almost, the game having 'bad guys' makes it a bit more interesting and the griefing isn't out of control imo.

Posted

Know why uno has a shortage of nodes ?
All the super duper l33t PvP guilds are on other servers and they have such high turnover and people quitting because nobody wants to deal with no life 16 yr olds chain killing them every day every minute on those servers....

Yet another valid point in why OW-PvP ruins population bases. Little kids and trolls just are not fun to deal with every damn day.

Uno is probably the best server right now in terms of population and quality of life & people.

Sounds carebear as -----, I was watching uno stream and saw no one even roll up to their grind spot for 2+ hours. If your saying a dead server is quality of life then by all means go ahead. I'll laugh my ass off when they never merge servers and they are just left their doing nothing.

Posted

Wealth rankings are based on current liquid value, not asset. And even then, they are only based on the individual channel you're currently on (not channel group: IE Velia 1 & Velia 2). If the 14 people above you all spend enough money that drops their current liquid value below your own, they will, in real time drop below you the next update tick and that will be reflected on the leaderboards.

Having your name on the wealth ranking leaderboards is literally not an indication of anything actually related to real wealth or account wealth value.

Well I only have like 500 million cash in all storages the rest I am hoarding stuff :) If I sold all the stuff Im hoarding I would have way more than that. I know it looks at what you have in storage etc but if you sold it you would have close to that amount included.

Posted

Got this game for free. (don't ask)

Going to play but never use the Cashshop (so far been logged in for a week eating up their bandwidth)

No clickbait here.  

Nothing and I mean nothing in the cash shop is worth the pearls.  

eating up bandwidth till I get tired of this game.

Posted

Sounds carebear as -----, I was watching uno stream and saw no one even roll up to their grind spot for 2+ hours. If your saying a dead server is quality of life then by all means go ahead. I'll laugh my ass off when they never merge servers and they are just left their doing nothing.

I expect Uno is just behind a little bit, if you were watching a streamer he's probably pretty geared and into advanced content where the users are pretty light and if you do find someone in the rotation you want to do and don't want to contest any random channel change has a 90% chance of getting you a clear spot.  Sausans and now Pirates are pretty heavily contested on Uno still, and I'm not sure if people have already moved on from Sausans on other other servers.

Posted

The magic banker in ESO doesn't look so cute.

Posted

Going to play but never use the Cashshop (so far been logged in for a week eating up their bandwidth)

No clickbait here.  

but appearance is everything!

1 person likes this

Posted

qRHpmz7.png

7/20/2016

UTC

CEST

EDT

CDT

PDT

Start

08:00

10:00

04:00

03:00

01:00

End

18:00

20:00

14:00

13:00

11:00

89kP5S2.png

• Valencia Sieges will be available starting this Sunday!

• Increased drop rate of Black Stones event has started.

• Golden Backpack Event has ended.

MReUtDv.png

2T5Sm40.pngTamer

• Fixed the issue where Heilang would not follow Tamer immediately after dismounting.

f6344tD.png

• The number of junk items dropped at Marni’s Laboratory has been adjusted.
  • Shuriken have been renamed as Kunai, and Ninja star have been renamed Shuriken.
  • The following crafting costumes have been added:

• Please note these costumes can be crafted after acquiring a level 2 Costume Mill House.
      These costumes may be equipped in the same inventory slot as pearl costumes after using a costume exchange coupon.

• Delphe Knights Costume
      The required Design can be obtained by doing the repeatable quest from the NPC Jeron at Delphe Knights Castle.
      New daily quest added for level 50 or higher players available at Delphe Knights Castle.

• Garner Traveling Players Costume
      This costume can be crafted after purchasing the design from the NPC Merve in Calpheon City.

• Edan’s / Owen’s Travel Wear 
      This costume can be crafted after stealing a design from Yaz as he sleeps on the 2nd floor of the Valley Lily Inn in Heidel.

• Jordine’s Casual Wear
      This costume may be crafted after stealing the Craft Permit: Serendian Special Fabric from Caroline, a handmaid NPC in Heidel. Then purchasing the design from Enrico Mancini’s amity shop in Heidel.

• Jarette’s Armor
      This costume may be crafted by stealing the Craft Permit: Finest Female Casual Clothes from Caroline, a handmaid NPC in Heidel. Then Purchasing the design from Ornella’s amity shop in Heidel.

Pearl Shop Update

Hidden Content

87XSXJg.png

• Some of repeated housing items no longer give extra points.

• Guilds may now use Guild Stables without owning a guild house.

• [Guild Elephant] ‘Lifespan’ stat has been changed to ‘Energy’.

• A guild can use a Guild Elephant permanently by recovering its Energy at a guild stable.

• When summoning a Guild Elephant at an Elephant Nursery during node / siege warfare, it will be summoned with full HP and Energy.

• Guild Elephant’s Energy will decrease when traveling, attacking, and using skills while mounted.

• Elephants may also have their Health restored in a similar fashion to reviving a horse after it has died at a Guild Stable.

• Injury rate system has been added for Guild Mounts.

• Whenever a Guild Mount dies, the ‘Injury Rating’ will increase by 10%

• When ‘Injury Rating’ reaches 100%, the ability to summon or revive the mount will no longer be available. (Even at the Elephant Nursery)

• A guild can reset the ‘Injury Rating’ by paying with guild funds, the amount paid will vary depending on the amount of ‘Injury Rating’.

I6n1u5P.png

• The conditions for accepting the following quest sequence has been simplified and the objectives have been changed:

• World of Enemies

• For a Sharper Weapon

• New hunting quests have been added for the Calpheon area.

PGtvzTc.png

• Detail setting for view distance of NPC’s has been added

• Setting > Graphics Quality > NPC distant view
  • Fixed the issues where some details of the Skill Add-On Buff were not matching their description.
  • Added the “Appearance Changed” icon to the Horse Market section of the Horse Stable interface.
    • If the horse’s appearance has been changed the “Appearance Changed” Icon will be shown in the lower right side of the horse image.
    • Players can now see the original appearance of horses by clicking the “Appearance Changed” icon.

8Zfu5Lc.png

• Fixed the issue where White Parrot’s name was displayed as ‘Green Parrot’ while changing the appearance with ‘Pet Appearance Change Coupon’.

• Calpheon Castle Terrain Issue has been fixed.
  • Users that encountered a temporary issue with the Skill Add-On system shortly after being implemented have been issued a Cliff's Skill Add-On (1 Day) coupon available via their account page.
  • Fixed the issue where Pet Information was not saved and would reset.
  • Fixed the issue where Horseback Combat was available without equipping stirrups.

Can we have the black stone % increase please, @CM_Aethon?

Cheers

Posted

No skill add-on fixes?
No class balances?
More pay to win?
GG

The maids are pay for convenience. 
They did do a skill add-on fix.  Check the new descriptions now as they have been updated to be accurate.  If the skill add-on you were looking for was not there then you need to elaborate. 

The Maids are not pay to win, they are pay for convenience.  The only "pay to win" items in the cash shop currently are the Value Pack and guillie suit items.  Both of these are mild pay to win benefits in comparison to EVERY OTHER MMO other than maybe Elder Scrolls Online. 

If you don't like it Please stop playing so we don't have to year you whining. 

Posted

No clickbait here.  

You're playing a dangerous game sus1228. A dangerous game indeed.

Posted

Can we have the black stone % increase please, @CM_Aethon?

Cheers

woah woah woah, that's way too much to ask

9_9

Posted

STILL NO COKRO OUTFIT?! T_T 

bdo-kokoro-ninja-full-4.jpg

GIVE IT TO ME ALREADY DAUM!! WHY DONT YOU WANT MY MONEY?! D':

1 person likes this

Posted

I will miss you Chimera </3

1 person likes this

Posted

this maid will have a huge advantage to those who go to pirate island, you will be able to drop your bandanas off on said maid every 20 mins, and then continue grinding away. This will save alot of time having to do turn ins as a whole

sorry but they can only carry 50LT, not many bandanas

Posted

Well I was saying 180+ because of very efficient solo, it's very possible with lower than that, I'm able to kill with 143 AP as a Warrior, plus higher AP = more likely to win if someone tries to push you out :D I duo'd with a 170 AP musa at Bashims and it was fine, if I get my AP just a bit higher, I can probably solo (especially with Warrior's new amazing pve sustain from skill add-ons) but it won't be efficient as solo Pirates. I don't really die in Valencia if I know when to dodge & put my shield up at good timing, and I only have like 235 DP (working on DUO armor)

Ya, but that's what I'm talking about, if you're killing at your level I think you should have go through different skill rotations and actually try, like if you get your shield up at the right time you win and if you don't you die.  That makes a game fun. facerolling sausans is just hella boring, it feels like a job at that point.  Some of the most fun I had in this game was trying to kill Mutant Tree Spirits at lvl 50 with a buddy.  It was like our own little duo boss fights, the money and experience efficiency was awful, but we were enjoying ourselves.  So that's what Im looking for out of new content.  

I think people are accustomed in the game to just face tanking and moving through packs of easy mobs.  If i take a break from the game it'll be nice to have Pirates that I know I can go back to and powerlevel to catch up a bit, but for the time being i'm going to keep trying to find things that are hard to kill, and kill that - like other guild leaders.

Posted

Oh well, then dont be mad about your server having low population and the REASON why your merged into us.

Uno is alive and well and fully populated with every Node contested and a pretty decent player base. 

I am happier than a pig in sh*t that cancer like you decided to play on another server.

1 person likes this

Posted

Really just extended it yet again to 20 utc?

Posted

The maids are pay for convenience. 
They did do a skill add-on fix.  Check the new descriptions now as they have been updated to be accurate.  If the skill add-on you were looking for was not there then you need to elaborate. 

The Maids are not pay to win, they are pay for convenience.  The only "pay to win" items in the cash shop currently are the Value Pack and guillie suit items.  Both of these are mild pay to win benefits in comparison to EVERY OTHER MMO other than maybe Elder Scrolls Online. 

If you don't like it Please stop playing so we don't have to year you whining. 

you make me laugh

Posted

I have no F'CKING idea why ppl comment on every patch "p2w".. WHAT IN THE FCKING WORLD IS P2W? TELL ME SO I CAN BUY THAT THING AND GET OP AND KILL EVERY 400apdp PLAYER WITH ONE-SHOT WITH NO SWEAT. 

Back to the topic..Please when do we get buff for warriors?

Because everyone here equates anything for sale in the pearl shop to p2w.. :P