• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 3rd

674 posts in this topic

Posted

Then there is a time and a place. See, when you wear those kinds of revealing clothes in public you are opening yourself up to the public. If you only wished to wear those things to attract a certain someone, well... That's why you'd say, invite them over to dinner, and wear said clothes especially for them and them alone. Please however, the most important thing to remember is that, this is in fact a game, it is not real and your pixels cannot feel physically violated unless you allow them to... Which, unless you are the hardcorest of the hardcore RPers, you can disassociate yourself from your pixels yeah?

I do not agree. Some people should not have to adapt to others inability to be civilized, polite or respectful. One should be able to wear what they wish as long as it's not hurting someone else. So if you see a woman walking in a short skirt and tight top, that does not automatically give you any right to her body, her looks or her person.

And in regards to the "it's just a game", I've heard it before. If you are unable to meet me in my opinion without acting like you have no idea what I'm talking about, only to flame, troll or grief me, then I ask of you to stop. Or, you and your wife, are both incapable of understanding the issue, would make you two a perfect fit for each other though. Gratz.

Now, if it was "just a game" developers wouldn't need to use sex and/or other demeaning content to attract money from a certain type of people. So, if you can see, reality and fantasy comes together in a major marriage. Something, one either deals with, doesn't deal with or wish to change.

To have less sexualized costumes, poses and of features in an online game is not a major change for online gamers. Unless ofc, you need to look at a female char running around in lingerie when killing mobs. There are literally thousands upon thousands of male players who plays the game just fine without. Just as there are thousands of female players who themselves love to run around looking sexy (as a pixel character).

Maybe, most of you can relax a bit and be ok with me having a different opinion than you and being a gamer who wishes the female sexualization for ones, could be a non factor in online games. I promise, you will all survive.

1 person likes this

Posted

sorry but they can only carry 50LT, not many bandanas

gold bars

Posted

simple answer we are playing tomorrow 

Posted (edited)

Ya, but that's what I'm talking about, if you're killing at your level I think you should have go through different skill rotations and actually try, like if you get your shield up at the right time you win and if you don't you die.  That makes a game fun. facerolling sausans is just hella boring, it feels like a job at that point.  Some of the most fun I had in this game was trying to kill Mutant Tree Spirits at lvl 50 with a buddy.  It was like our own little duo boss fights, the money and experience efficiency was awful, but we were enjoying ourselves.  So that's what Im looking for out of new content.  

I think people are accustomed in the game to just face tanking and moving through packs of easy mobs.  If i take a break from the game it'll be nice to have Pirates that I know I can go back to and powerlevel to catch up a bit, but for the time being i'm going to keep trying to find things that are hard to kill, and kill that - like other guild leaders.

If we go with that, make it no gem/exp loss because I don't want to play that kind of game where one simple mistake like that throws away 20-30 mins of my time or expensive gems ^-^

Yeah grinding is a chore, BUT, it is a Korean MMO : P Those kind of things are fun too, I agree, simple mini boss fights or w/e

I agree constant grinding / face tanking through mobs gets tedious, that's when I've been stuck at 56.2% for like, a month? 0 motivation, not sure what drive people have to hit 58/59/60. Even if I had 2 screens to watch something while grinding to make time go by faster, I can't be focusing on both at the same time because being distracted and dying to mobs is the last thing I want to do x: I want to hit 57 or 57.5 really bad but I just can't get myself to. There are too many other distractions that come up and make me forget that I wanted to grind, like fun guild events, in-game recruiting, guild missions, messing around (sometimes with other players, shhh). Then when I do decide to grind, I get pushed out by 1 person from a high tier guild, because that's apparently how it works ~ then I go back to actual fun stuff

#f***thisshitimout

haha, you like killing guild leaders too? You'll get along with my GM :D 

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted

gold bars

There's no limit effectively to the amount of gold bars you can place on a boat when you take them all off and throw them all back on.  Yes eventually you will reach a limit where u can't take them off and u can't put more on, but that's probably only going to be a problem for your bikinipanda slave.  If you really insist on living on pirate island for weeks at a time and are using the Maid to enable that i would still call it pay for convenience, because weeks of mindlessly grinding pirates without ever leaving to do anything else in game does not sound like 'Winning" to me.

Posted (edited)

Again please introduce sweatpants and t-shirt costume for the fem-nazi's and charge them 100$ so their characters are n't over sexualized.

Edited by Dznootz
3 people like this

Posted

2 more hours :(

Posted

these outfits and costumes really suck...

Posted (edited)

Again please introduce sweatpants and t-shirt costume for the fem-nazi's and charge them 100$ so their characters are n't over sexualized.

You know some people's sad real lives have to be validated in a game.
You'd think people would enjoy things meant for escapism, but nope, you have people like Zajo crying about "I'm not respected, you're virtually assaulting me!" yet they attack men and then cry victim when people tell them "stfu and get over it.".

I wonder why people like that even play games, only to complain about them.

Edited by Asterotis
1 person likes this

Posted

Jesus... At some point this company decided... "F Customer Service and the customer base. Lets get what we can from them while we can."

Posted

gold bars

Why would you use maid if you can get exchange for gold bar in the first place?

Yeah, no.

Posted

iM JUST WAITING for when people realize they extended this 2 more hours

2 people like this

Posted

Detail setting for view distance of NPC’s has been added

• Setting > Graphics Quality > NPC distant view

Now this is interesting, maybe it's the beginning of a proper view distance control over grass, shadows, trees...not only NPCs. Will surely test this and post some impressions/comments in the tech area... 

Posted (edited)

There's no limit effectively to the amount of gold bars you can place on a boat when you take them all off and throw them all back on.  Yes eventually you will reach a limit where u can't take them off and u can't put more on, but that's probably only going to be a problem for your bikinipanda slave.  If you really insist on living on pirate island for weeks at a time and are using the Maid to enable that i would still call it pay for convenience, because weeks of mindlessly grinding pirates without ever leaving to do anything else in game does not sound like 'Winning" to me.

Doing the math, a 1M gold bar (10G Gold Ingot) weights 8.3 LT (according to bddatabase)

Assuming you have the highest tier / LT wagon (around 1k LT?), you would be able to store 120 1M gold bars. That's a looooooooong time at Pirates.

Even with a mediocre max LT wagon that has 700 LT, that still lets you store 84 1M gold bars.

With a maid that has 50 LT, you can only store 6 1M gold bars. 

Summary: You can grind exactly 20x as long with a wagon (one with 1k LT) than maid, when talking about how many 1M gold bars you can store 

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted

If we go with that, make it no gem/exp loss because I don't want to play that kind of game where one simple mistake like that throws away 20-30 mins of my time or expensive gems ^-^

Yeah grinding is a chore, BUT, it is a Korean MMO : P Those kind of things are fun too, I agree, simple mini boss fights or w/e

I agree constant grinding / face tanking through mobs gets tedious, that's when I've been stuck at 56.2% for like, a month? 0 motivation, not sure what drive people have to hit 58/59/60. Even if I had 2 screens to watch something while grinding to make time go by faster, I can't be focusing on both at the same time because being distracted and dying to mobs is the last thing I want to do x:

haha, you like killing guild leaders too? You'll get along with my GM :D 

You need that loss potential to make it fun man, I mean sausans is effectively no exp loss no gem loss because you cannot die to mobs there if ur 56 with anything over +15.  You would need to walk into a pack of mobs and afk for 5 minutes and you might even still be alive when u got back.  Thats not even a game to me, it would be more fun to play snake on a flip phone.  For sure if you are paying attention to something else go kill 4000 pirates at the same time.  I think we are on the same page generally, but my point is I want game content that I can actually play while needing to pay attention to the game, or else I will die, because that makes it a game that I am playing not buttons that I am clicking while watching a movie, i guess its nice to have the buttons clicking thing as an option too...but don't nerf Valencia...I mean i know that's coming no matter what also, but not yet please.

Posted

UPDATE:

MAINTENANCE HAS BEEN EXTENDED FOR 2 MORE HOURS
2 MORE HOURS
HOURS

compensation incoming

Posted

You know some people's sad real lives have to be validated in a game.You'd think people would enjoy things meant for escapism, but nope, you have people like Zajo crying about "I'm not respected, you're virtually assaulting me!" yet they attack men and then cry victim when people tell them "stfu and get over it.".

I wonder why people like that even play games, only to complain about them.

I understand the topic I brought up is way above certain peoples understanding. I knew that before posting. Your response and many others do not come as a surprise. I do like to point out, that the crying has come from the likes of you. I wished to see less of a certain outfit on female chars and ppl like you hit the roof. Maybe you need to get over it?

And you mentioning escapism? Classic, but I'm sure you fail to see the irony of it.

Posted

U keep using word P2W

mds82td.jpg

Selling a game as buy to play, then adding in a subscription via value packs and numerous in game advantages which you can pay for is definitely mis-selling of a product, and if not pay2win is definitely pay2winmuchmuchmuchfaster. Which is basically the exact same thing. Having dropped over 250£ in a few months on the game, I'd say I've definitely paid my way, yet every patch they add in more things which you are basically forced to pay for to stay competitive... In a game which was sold as buy to play with a cosmetic cash shop. You can sit and white knight daum all you want, but the reality is that this model is entirely based on short term profits at the expense of good gameplay, a quality product for their customers, and longevity of the product.

Personally, I would be much more inclined to pay for more things if they were more reasonably priced and entirely cosmetic. League of Legends is a good example of this. I've spent thousands on that game specifically because I respect their model and it's what I want to see in games. Despite the success of that model, MMO publishers are seemingly too blind or too greedy to pursue it. And it always ends the same way, a graveyard of an mmo *glances at archeage*.

Just my opinion, think what you will.

Posted

I do not agree. Some people should not have to adapt to others inability to be civilized, polite or respectful. One should be able to wear what they wish as long as it's not hurting someone else. So if you see a woman walking in a short skirt and tight top, that does not automatically give you any right to her body, her looks or her person.

And in regards to the "it's just a game", I've heard it before. If you are unable to meet me in my opinion without acting like you have no idea what I'm talking about, only to flame, troll or grief me, then I ask of you to stop. Or, you and your wife, are both incapable of understanding the issue, would make you two a perfect fit for each other though. Gratz.

Now, if it was "just a game" developers wouldn't need to use sex and/or other demeaning content to attract money from a certain type of people. So, if you can see, reality and fantasy comes together in a major marriage. Something, one either deals with, doesn't deal with or wish to change.

To have less sexualized costumes, poses and of features in an online game is not a major change for online gamers. Unless ofc, you need to look at a female char running around in lingerie when killing mobs. There are literally thousands upon thousands of male players who plays the game just fine without. Just as there are thousands of female players who themselves love to run around looking sexy (as a pixel character).

Maybe, most of you can relax a bit and be ok with me having a different opinion than you and being a gamer who wishes the female sexualization for ones, could be a non factor in online games. I promise, you will all survive.

Okay, so... I feel like you have two issues here, one is... That a woman shouldn't be hounded because she wears overly sexualized clothing in public... While at the same time, say that women shouldn't only be given sexualized outfits in videogames. Those two things almost feel like contrary points of view if you asked me. On one hand, you're saying that people should be more accepting of women who wear sexy clothes, while condoning companies for making sexy clothes for women to wear. 

Also, in this very thread where they showed the travelers costume, I made a point to crack wise at the fact that the two costumes are exactly identical in terms of "revealing" besides the fact that the female model has short sleeves instead of long sleeves. That same travelers gear, is not even a pay to wear costume, it is a craftable in game item. So really, if you wanted to take a step back and think it over, you should be praising Daum for their addition of "Moderate" clothing types for people like yourself that don't make them shell out real money to attain. Looking at all the in game female craftables, they are all quite modest if you asked me, even the Jarette armor is quite tame, as are the Delphi knights, and blacksmith attire. Your argument about over sexualization falls rather flat when you take into account that all the free options for specialized clothing are all quite tame, while the "Premium" attire is what you have a problem with.

Also, about overly sexualization on the whole, look at stories of amazons, all female, all incredibly strong, intelligent women who took pride in their sexuality and thrived in it. Was it wrong of those women to be proud of themselves? Because it sure seems like you are incredibly mad that a company is making outfits that allow for female empowerment, and yes I will say that, because there are quite a few female gamers I know personally who absolutely love looking like a badass, sexy, murder machine. Also, before you go trying to accuse me of being one of the many men who faps to his own female characters, I love RPing, and for the life of me, cannot play female characters as it seems to far from "Me" so, I play as male characters only, with the exception of ranger because that's a whole nothing thing of a bet with making a gender bent version of my Main Character.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nerf chimeras but Valencia drops are still crap compared to sausan's or pirates? So were supposed to grind two places forever? At least with chimeras I could switch it up a bit...

Please buff Valencia drops!!!

Posted

I'd love that! Cute, kinda like the berserkers in the tiny sailor outfit. Only missing the small wooden boat. :D

Posted (edited)

You need that loss potential to make it fun man, I mean sausans is effectively no exp loss no gem loss because you cannot die to mobs there if ur 56 with anything over +15.  You would need to walk into a pack of mobs and afk for 5 minutes and you might even still be alive when u got back.  Thats not even a game to me, it would be more fun to play snake on a flip phone.  For sure if you are paying attention to something else go kill 4000 pirates at the same time.  I think we are on the same page generally, but my point is I want game content that I can actually play while needing to pay attention to the game, or else I will die, because that makes it a game that I am playing not buttons that I am clicking while watching a movie, i guess its nice to have the buttons clicking thing as an option too...but don't nerf Valencia...I mean i know that's coming no matter what also, but not yet please.

mehhh....no thanks. Time is extremely valuable to me, I'm already behind and that'll just make me get more behind. Being behind isn't remotely fun especially since I want to enjoy / participate in new content, and new content is swarmed with highest / geared players

Yeah at sausans, I was specifically talking about Valencia though (sry, didn't specify). I think we just want slightly different things out of this game ^-^

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted

iM JUST WAITING for when people realize they extended this 2 more hours

I'm sure there's going to be a lot of butthurt and whining about 2 hours more lol...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

QfBbTSZ.jpg 

its ridiculous. the developer and marketing tried so hard to attract people that love immersion, roleplayers and generally the Skyrim audience (this game quotes and copies Skyrim a lot) and than as it would be just another of the sand in the ocean korean developer it cant hold itself to just start adding immersion breaking bullshit to the game.

Watches ? Come on. You go exactly the TERA route. if you think that will be a successful route maybe evaluate a bit better how other korean mmo´s fared. for the cheap $ of some sales spike satisfying the needs of the blink-blink crowd you trash all the lore, setting and world you worked on. pityful.

edit: i posted a bit down the thread a reply to those pointing out its a "compass" (which is a spin)

Tiglath Pileser Portrait Fragment along with Ancient Sumerians.  Just think of it as a pretty bracelet.

Ancient-Annunaki-Sumerian-Gods-Sacred-Pine-Cone-Fertilization-Pineal-Gland-Cave-of-Brahma.jpeg

Annunaki-Bird-Flying-Being-Consciousness-Merkabah.jpeg

anunnaki-vidimage.jpg

cone.jpg

tilglath-pileser-iii-o.jpg

Edited by Dauthus
3 people like this

Posted

Tiglath Pileser Portrait Fragment along with Ancient Sumerians

Ancient-Annunaki-Sumerian-Gods-Sacred-Pine-Cone-Fertilization-Pineal-Gland-Cave-of-Brahma.jpeg

Annunaki-Bird-Flying-Being-Consciousness-Merkabah.jpeg

anunnaki-vidimage.jpg

Cool