• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Patch Notes - August 3rd

674 posts in this topic

Posted

They took the time to change the weapon names for ninja/kunoichi which didnt really matter. But they still havn't fixed all the fishing quest that tell you to get the wrong fish. these have been broken since beta

1 person likes this

Posted

does not affect color theory and you can only change to color below the tier of your current horse.

Al so marks horse that have been changed when put on the market.

Does it make the horse worth less silver when they have been appearance changed?
Annnd that doesn't mean it's less cheaty. I mean, take a T6 of a crappy color, change to a pure T5 color - you still have a decent chance of a T7.
Does changing the appearance reset the level and/or take away certain skills too since T5 can't learn two seater or will we have T5 two seat horses now? O.o
Although it is still chance, it's better chance because you can essentially just make two colors poof on the result? Well, for a purebred anyway.

I'm just a bit confused as to how it works yet.

Posted

Lamest patch every...... Crappy Sailor outfits and can't even get the kuno/ninja outfit that was in the last patch notes but never made it to game....

Posted

Does it make the horse worth less silver when they have been appearance changed?Annnd that doesn't mean it's less cheaty. I mean, take a T6 of a crappy color, change to a pure T5 color - you still have a decent chance of a T7.
Does changing the appearance reset the level and/or take away certain skills too since T5 can't learn two seater or will we have T5 two seat horses now? O.o
Although it is still chance, it's better chance because you can essentially just make two colors poof on the result? Well, for a purebred anyway.

I'm just a bit confused as to how it works yet.

My friend it does nothing but change the color. it does not affect breeding or skill.

Posted

Am I just missing the costume exchange coupons?  

I have been looking for these for awhile now to use on my player made costumes and haven't found them yet, but they reference it in the patch notes as what you need to equip the new player made costumes in the same inventory slot as pearl costumes.  If they keep referencing it why are they not putting them in play?

Posted (edited)

Grats on getting the white parrot/green parrot issue completely wrong.  I don't know how much more simple anyone can explain it.  I will try baby talk....  

1. player buy pet appearance change coupon

2. player try to make parrot to white parrot

3. NO WHITE PARROT 

4. PARROT TURN TO GREEN PARROT

5. Daum never fix parrot.  

White parrot is a LIE.  

How much you want to bet they still act like they don't understand what the problem is with the white parrot. 

(we just keep going in parrot circles ... see my avatar)

Edited by Aeona

Posted

"Some of repeated housing items no longer give extra points."

Which ones????

This is SO vague. 

We need details. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Are we ever going to get last year marine costume? How unfortunate I said this year marine for kr looks not as good as last year and was greatful that we we wouldn't be getting it this year and they release it the very next day rip

1 person likes this

Posted

Dear Daum and PA, 

Ty for putting absolutely nothing that interests me in the cash shop this time around. You saved me a heap of money. W00t!

Posted

Thanks for mentioning the Awaking resets!!!!!!

Posted (edited)

1. Did the CMs force you to buy those jukeboxes and painting and more? No.

2. Did the CMs encourage you to buy high amounts of that specific item? No.

CMs had nothing to do with what you choose to spend with your money upon, so why ask them to give you something in return for what you chose to do?

This is like your mother told you that smoking was bad for your lungs and could kill you, when you made a prior choice to buy 12 packets of cigarettes and hid them under your mattress, AND THEN demand your mother to give you something in return for you making a choice upon buying those cigarettes before she told you they were hazardous to your health. This is a completely retarded demand to the CMs. You wasted your money, why should other people around you kiss your feet and give back after you made the choice of -----ing yourself over.

Agree 100% with these and we also know that they have got their money back from selling the specialities they were crafting by keeping the 1st place in house rankings. Besides, that was their reason for "decorating" house like that. And to me that was annoying to see a really nice decorated house being in 2nd place because the 1st rank house was just a jukebox heaven. And now they dare to ask for compensation too haha really funny.

Edited by Aercev
spelling

Posted

@CM_Aethon

What I find really vague is some of the descriptions / translations.

I understand that there is a rush to get new content out at a reasonable rate to get the game on par with Korea (with some slight westernized customization) however the problem would appear to be that this heavily affects the translation and description.

Like for the maids the descriptions are semi vague, making people likely not buy them cause they are uncertain of what they actually would do.
Same goes for the premium horse coupon, same vague rng description stating (there is a small chance of xp or a skill)
It should not be the case that we have to look on an external website not owned by the publisher or the developer to find out what these items actually do, better descriptions / translations might help in that matter.

Also if we look at other patches from for example RU/KR clients we sometimes see that we are receiving similar updates but some fixes are either not included or not mentioned, whilst in other clients patches they specify them, kind of seems weird for bugs and fixes to not be included.

Then following some screenshot of other players of the bugged client there is some disturbing information in the channel descriptions, and I assume more players would like some clarification on this matter as well.
Original post : http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106217-patch-notes-august-3rd/&do=findComment&comment=1425762

If we read the channel descriptions it would appear some channels have increased drop rates :?

Posted

woah woah woah, that's way too much to ask

9_9

Why do you think so? He m ay not say because he actually doesn't know as well.

And, this is the most annoying thing that I've ever encountered in a game. Why the hell are the game stats hidden? I still dont get it and with me a lot of people... I mean, almost all the community. Of all the games that I played this is the only one that do this... which is ridiculous.

Posted

@CM_Aethon

What I find really vague is some of the descriptions / translations.

I understand that there is a rush to get new content out at a reasonable rate to get the game on par with Korea (with some slight westernized customization) however the problem would appear to be that this heavily affects the translation and description.

Like for the maids the descriptions are semi vague, making people likely not buy them cause they are uncertain of what they actually would do.
Same goes for the premium horse coupon, same vague rng description stating (there is a small chance of xp or a skill)
It should not be the case that we have to look on an external website not owned by the publisher or the developer to find out what these items actually do, better descriptions / translations might help in that matter.

Also if we look at other patches from for example RU/KR clients we sometimes see that we are receiving similar updates but some fixes are either not included or not mentioned, whilst in other clients patches they specify them, kind of seems weird for bugs and fixes to not be included.

Then following some screenshot of other players of the bugged client there is some disturbing information in the channel descriptions, and I assume more players would like some clarification on this matter as well.
Original post : http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/106217-patch-notes-august-3rd/&do=findComment&comment=1425762

If we read the channel descriptions it would appear some channels have increased drop rates :?

I will pass your request/report onto our Loca team for additional review, thank you for taking the time to write in such detail. In regards to the bugged interface being displayed, this was a result of some users having corrupted files during the patch download process. To resolve this please follow these steps:

Go to the Black Desert Online installation folder. (Usually C:/Program Files(x86)/Black Desert Online)Rename the following file: version.dat to config.filecheckRestart the launcher and it will repair your game files

* Please note that, it may require downloading additional data to repair any corrupted files, depending on the amount this may require some time.

Posted

Jarette’s Armor looks amazing, going to get it for sure.  :)

1 person likes this

Posted

Tamer's pet buff...has not worked either, also he loses aggro all the time now. Warriors are not the only class being dicked over. Not saying u shouldnt get ur buff ofc. But other classes just dont qq as much as sorc seems to. Hence we get ignored.

Yep, missus was playing last night and noticed it didn't actually do as they said... Guess I take back my Warrior qq lol

Posted

do you need a guild house to raise the elephants? also ive found a thousand adult and no baby elephants so far

Posted

"Some of repeated housing items no longer give extra points."

Which ones????

This is SO vague. 

We need details. 

Well apparently one of the Cm people had someone get tired of their use of high level rewards and moved jukeboxes in recently so they decided to do this change as they couldn't bear not having Olivia crate anymore so they made Jukeboxs still give the interior points but not count towards score, also the pearl shop furniture doesn't either I also bet nothing crafted does as well only combat rewards or stuff bought from vendors.

Posted

How do I get these Calpheon hunting quests? Black Spirit got no quests for me. =/ 

Posted (edited)

Why do you think so? He m ay not say because he actually doesn't know as well.

And, this is the most annoying thing that I've ever encountered in a game. Why the hell are the game stats hidden? I still dont get it and with me a lot of people... I mean, almost all the community. Of all the games that I played this is the only one that do this... which is ridiculous.

It was sarcasm because ourselves and even they don't know anything about the game or tell us anything 9_9

Edited by Jaluvshuskies

Posted (edited)

My housing points dropped from 62,000 (yes, 62K), to 19,500.  I heard some items do not give extra points any longer, but this has to be a bug.

I have the large, two fireplace home in Velia on Orwen.  Has this happened to anyone else after this patch?

I have a good mix of items from inside the game, and items purchased from the cash shop.  I have about 50 paintings bought in Calpheon that made up the majority of my points.

Edited by Zinovia

Posted

BDO is not p2w ..stop your complaining..no one is forcing you to play this game...enjoy the content and play at your own pace.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

My housing points dropped from 62,000 (yes, 62K), to 19,500.  I heard some items do not give extra points any longer, but this has to be a bug.

I have the large, two fireplace home in Velia on Orwen.  Has this happened to anyone else after this patch?

I have a good mix of items from inside the game, and items purchased from the cash shop.  I have about 50 paintings bought in Calpheon that made up the majority of my points.

If I had to guess, I'd say that paintings only give points once for each painting. There aren't 50 different paintings in game ( at least I don't think there are) so since you've got duplicate ones I'm guessing you're no longer getting points for that. 

Some of repeated housing items no longer give extra points.

• Update: In order for your points to be recalculated with the new system you must remove or edit the placement of one piece of furniture.

Thanks for this! As someone who likes messing around with the monoploy nodes, I think this will make things a bit more even now that people can't just stack a million jukeboxes and call it a day :D 

Edited by DarthVires
1 person likes this

Posted

wtf how can you say LoL is P2W ? xD

I'm not a LoL fanboy, but, you're terribly wrong

can you pay to get instant advantage on someone who did not?

Yes. You can win games during pick phase alone due to bigger pool.