• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gib server merge please

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

So Daum/Kaokao how about some news about a merge?

Also why did this shitty cummunity vote for seperated servers?

Gib merge please.

Secretly daum is merging the servers atm ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

Edit: For all NA guys i have no idea about your situation im talking about EU only.

Edited by GERstenk0rn
3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Russia and Korean servers have eventually merged, so PA will probably end up doing the same with European and American servers. At the moment, I don't think a merge is necessary. There's plenty of players in Alustin and it seems that I see even more players with each passing week. However, I do wish they could provide server transfer coupons.

Edited by Stellary

Posted

Gib merge please.

Hidden Content

Download.thumb.jpg.fc329ed78d7b88e98556a

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

No

Edited by Baci

Posted

Gib merge please.

Hidden Content

Uhm.. Jordine, most crowded EU server and you want server merge? Don't you guys get roflstomped enough already? :3

Posted

Gib merge please.

Hidden Content

Are you drunk??

Jordine is allready too crowded....

Posted

Server merge will come with Valencia 2 or Valencia 3 update, not now.

Posted

I'm fine with a server merge if they add like 20+ channels to it.

It's already crowded on Jordine and during Node Wars&Siege primetime it turns into a nightmare, because multiple channel are reserved for war. Population not participating(that's sadly 99%) cant play on their usual channels and stuffs themselves onto the remanding ones. Feel like trying to grind red orcs during head start :S

With enough channels a mega server would work really well though. 

Posted

I'm fine with a server merge if they add like 20+ channels to it.

With enough channels a mega server would work really well though. 

Ofcourse they had to nearly tripple the amount of channels. But it atm even T3 nodes are uncontested on Jordine.

Posted

Server merger news: Not currently planned.

People think population is why nodes go uncontested and that's pretty cute.

There's plenty of people to take nodes, just not enough actually interested in dealing with the super laggy wars to do it.

Posted

Ofcourse they had to nearly tripple the amount of channels. But it atm even T3 nodes are uncontested on Jordine.

Really? I thought Jordine is THE PvP server. 

Posted

Gib merge please.

Hidden Content

I dont see why they haven't merged servers.

The channels are basically mini servers themselves with sub channels.

Our names are unique to the region so why not just make a 'mega server'.

The node war system seems rather silly too. There's just too many nodes for the amount of guilds too. Why not reduce the amount of siegeable nodes so there's real competition instead of guilds not fighting over uncontested inconsequential nods.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont see why they haven't merged servers.

The channels are basically mini servers themselves with sub channels.

Our names are unique to the region so why not just make a 'mega server'.

The node war system seems rather silly too. There's just too many nodes for the amount of guilds too. Why not reduce the amount of siegeable nodes so there's real competition instead of guilds not fighting over uncontested inconsequential nods.

And now to fix this they released Valencia Node Wars - GG WP DAUM

Posted

no thanks on server merge.

Posted

Server merger news: Not currently planned.

People think population is why nodes go uncontested and that's pretty cute.

There's plenty of people to take nodes, just not enough actually interested in dealing with the super laggy wars to do it.

No but if you combine all people warring in all servers into one it would make the game a lot more healthy in terms of PvP. PvErs shouldn't be concerned about it at all.

As for PvPers, as someone stated earlier, there is little to no competition per server and they are adding even more nodes today which means even less competition. 

Now idk about you, but I didn't go through all this work getting strong to impress the mobs.

2 people like this

Posted

No but if you combine all people warring in all servers into one it would make the game a lot more healthy in terms of PvP. PvErs shouldn't be concerned about it at all.

As for PvPers, as someone stated earlier, there is little to no competition per server and they are adding even more nodes today which means even less competition. 

Now idk about you, but I didn't go through all this work getting strong to impress the mobs.

Right, but I think the way to get people into war is to fix the lag, fix the bugs, make it actually enjoyable for more users to show up.

I know more than a few people who jumped into war and reported it being "basically a slide show" a few wars back and they just never showed up again.

Combine that with the large number of players that feel like if they are not in the top 5% of the playerbase they have no place in war (further backed up by so many on the forum saying as much, even saying things like "full tri isn't competitive")

It's kinda like Tera with their Nexus thing... I knew so many (when I played) who just stopped going after one or two bad experiences with technical problems even after it had been (mostly) fixed 6+ months prior.

Gamers are fickle, a bad experience can turn them off and they tend not to give second chances.

I also think there is a false dichotomy between "PvE and PvP" players in this game because realistically they really are the same with the supposed "PvE players" just refusing to accept that it's a PvX environment.

Posted

Uno is doing fine...we dont want you cancerous as*holes.

2 people like this

Posted

Are you drunk??

Jordine is allready too crowded....

the merge wil come at some point and when it happens they wil just add more channels 

Posted

Right, but I think the way to get people into war is to fix the lag, fix the bugs, make it actually enjoyable for more users to show up.
I know more than a few people who jumped into war and reported it being "basically a slide show" a few wars back and they just never showed up again.

Combine that with the large number of players that feel like if they are not in the top 5% of the playerbase they have no place in war (further backed up by so many on the forum saying as much, even saying things like "full tri isn't competitive")

It's kinda like Tera with their Nexus thing... I knew so many (when I played) who just stopped going after one or two bad experiences with technical problems even after it had been (mostly) fixed 6+ months prior.

Gamers are fickle, a bad experience can turn them off and they tend not to give second chances.

I also think there is a false dichotomy between "PvE and PvP" players in this game because realistically they really are the same with the supposed "PvE players" just refusing to accept that it's a PvX environment.

Nodes are not that laggy if you have a reasonable pc. Sieges can get crazy but Nodes are usually very tame.

Posted

Nodes are not that laggy if you have a reasonable pc. Sieges can get crazy but Nodes are usually very tame.

Right... but like I said, people are fickle.

Between being convinced they have no place in war and the rocky start a lot of people just don't bother, and that's the problem.

Now that they are smoother Daum should give it a shot in the arm by having another round of "practice" where spent funds are reimbursed.

I'm not really sure I trust them to handle a server merger right now.

Posted (edited)

Unless Heidel is a ghost town.... there is no need for a merge. All of your players are simply casual and afking in Heidel fishing or training horse. :P

mind blown? :o:o:o

However if there were to be a merge they'd better remove or drastically lower the 10min restriction and add 50 channels like other games.

Edited by Becareful

Posted

NO absolutely NO MERGES please

Since I've started playing about a month ago I see a lot of new incoming weeaboos, most of them are coming from Blade and Soul because it has completely gone full blown P2W AIDS 

Posted

Right... but like I said, people are fickle.
Between being convinced they have no place in war and the rocky start a lot of people just don't bother, and that's the problem.

Now that they are smoother Daum should give it a shot in the arm by having another round of "practice" where spent funds are reimbursed.

I'm not really sure I trust them to handle a server merger right now.

Nodes haven't changed at all, the lag is the same. There were only bugs that have been fixed.

Either way, I'd rather have laggier but more competitive PvP than no PvP at all.

Posted

Orwen NA is crowded as -----. No thanks on server merge; I've been actually seeing more and more people in towns/grind spots than pre ninja release.

You've also got many coming back who previously said in many YouTube videos(looking at you streamers) that they'd quit. Now that they're back, so is their fan base too. So no. If anything add more channels to the existing servers.

As far as node wars are concerned people avoid due to lag and instability. Which this current maintenance is supposed to resolve. Another thing too is Daum/Kakao need to push PA to add a co-GM of sorts or allow another ranking that would allow a fort to be placed should a GM be unable to play due to unforeseen circumstances. E.g. computer blows up, extended travel for work related concerns/projects and such. My guild is 44 strong and would participate weekly however GM is stuck out of town for extended work. We all understand this and just now focus on getting gud gear wise then prep for war once he's back. 

Many of my guild members would wish for this ranking guild system to be overhauled. Now back to sausan lyfe(once extended maintenance is over, which I don't mind either btw)

UntamedScarlet Muzak - Orwen NA

The_Vanguard - Officer

Posted

Nodes haven't changed at all, the lag is the same. There were only bugs that have been fixed.

Either way, I'd rather have laggier but more competitive PvP than no PvP at all.

Like I said...

Server pop isn't the problem, it's the people unwilling to put up with the lag and bugs.

It's not really relevant what bugs got fixed, it's perception, perception, perception.

Condensing the servers to make them even more unstable and laggy aren't going to really fix the issue.