• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Gib server merge please

41 posts in this topic

Posted

Uno is doing fine...we dont want you cancerous as*holes.

Hahhahahaha. I agree ;)

Posted

Yes please merger all the servers because the scarcity of guild houses is not bad enough with the multiple servers we have now.

/sarcasm

Posted

Like I said...
Server pop isn't the problem, it's the people unwilling to put up with the lag and bugs.

It's not really relevant what bugs got fixed, it's perception, perception, perception.

Condensing the servers to make them even more unstable and laggy aren't going to really fix the issue.

Yeah because condensing them would do that. That's a fact.

Posted

Yeah because condensing them would do that. That's a fact.

Without a serious overhaul from the ground up already shaky servers aren't going to be magically stabilized by tripling the number of users accessing it.

Posted

Beware what you dream, one day could become truth, and you'll discover it was a nightmare...

Posted

Without a serious overhaul from the ground up already shaky servers aren't going to be magically stabilized by tripling the number of users accessing it.

And that isn't what happens when servers merge. Also a fact,

Posted

And that isn't what happens when servers merge. Also a fact,

Every time I've been in a game with populations that were too big for a proper merge the lag was made way worse by merging the servers.

Even on games where there are multiple channels.

They sorted out shortly after when 15-30% of the population quit in a week.

Posted

Every time I've been in a game with populations that were too big for a proper merge the lag was made way worse by merging the servers.
Even on games where there are multiple channels.

They sorted out shortly after when 15-30% of the population quit in a week.

In KR server merge made the servers better and it happened 3months or so after the game came out.

Maybe BDO is different.

Posted (edited)

In KR server merge made the servers better and it happened 3months or so after the game came out.

Maybe BDO is different.

Did KR have the consistent lag problems ours did?

Like to the point that the servers would shut down during prime time for 15-20 min?

You do understand Korea has the most advanced internet in the world and it's also the smallest service area right?

Edited by bakimono

Posted (edited)

they wont merge till awakening has been out for a few months lol.....so like next year

plus these servers couldn't handle it.... would just kill the game even more.....

Edited by Acover

Posted

Did KR have the consistent lag problems ours did?
Like to the point that the servers would shut down during prime time for 15-20 min?

You do understand Korea has the most advanced internet in the world and it's also the smallest service area right?

Even worse lag. Lag was so bad on KR that people had to crouch to walk because base movement speed was too fast for the servers not to rubber band you.

KR lags the same as NA even for Koreans...

Its not the servers its the engine.

Posted

no thanks on server merge.

Can I ask you why?

All they need to do is add more channels and sub channels to accommodate the extra players.

I think players just heard mega server and as a knee-jerk reaction said no without thinking what it actually is and how the servers are set up now.

Posted

From Croxus, no thx

Posted

Want this for NA too

Posted

I would want to know how they would handle a merge.  For instance, some people have characters on multiple servers - but how many character slots would they actually let us have for free on a merged server?  We can get a total of 11 now (6 free and 5 paid) per server - but since you are free to create characters across all servers, a person could have 33 in any one region (that would be a lot of upkeep, but you never know, some people are really keen).  Would they get to keep all 33?  And what would our new max be? And how many more could we buy?

I know that on KR servers you start with 3 free slots, but I don't know how many you are then allowed to buy to get to the max.  Anyone from KR reached it and care to say?

Also, merging your knowledge, contribution etc if you have characters on different servers.  I suppose they'd just take the highest count from any server and give you that? Though really, you'd have put in the effort for more. 

I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to a merge, but they'd need to give us good incentives.

Posted (edited)

Can I ask you why?

All they need to do is add more channels and sub channels to accommodate the extra players.

I think players just heard mega server and as a knee-jerk reaction said no without thinking what it actually is and how the servers are set up now.

i would prefer to have more opportunities for more people to own castles.  server merges limit the number of opportunities...  20 servers with no channels would be better IMO...  NO THANK YOU ON SERVER MERGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bdo77