• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

value pack - we got outplayed

265 posts in this topic

Posted

So they didn't do anything about the value pack and instead they are slowly adding more and more p2w to milk the naive mobile game lovers in bdo who think they are supporting the game by buying all this when the majority of the profits from bdo probably go to the investors of the game who are already focused on buying a new villa or making a new cash grab mmo in the upcoming years rather than keeping bdo alive and better (and yes they do try but with minimal effort) and nobody is going to say anything

value pack is overpowered and ridiculous p2w but they outplayed us by giving us free value packs, now people won't complain much at the start (even tho they should because this item is borderline ridiculous). 

It's easy to see how p2w value pack is. Imagine a guy plays 1 month with it and another guy 1 month without it and then they meet and fight. The guy with the value pack will have immense advantages and a ton more money, xp, even combat xp and he'll be able to grind longer thanks to inventory and weight. The guy with value pack will win by sheer advantages and that's what p2w is 

i decided to wait to see if they do anything about it but seems like they're gonna let it slide while they add more p2w features.. game industry has turned into shit , QQ 

23 people like this

Posted

Wait since when did the value pack take out RNG? Oh it didn't? So those 2 that are gonna fight still had to do RNG. So no you are auto wrong already.

1 person likes this

Posted

They didn't add any P2W this patch, maid is not P2W.

6 people like this

Posted

Wait since when did the value pack take out RNG? Oh it didn't? So those 2 that are gonna fight still had to do RNG. So no you are auto wrong already.

The value pack still gives me more rolls on the RNG, so value pack owners win ON AVERAGE against those who don't own it.

Posted

Irrelevant does nothing but spam complaints about everything and acting like everything is just the worst.

You would think someone who complains so much basically since launch would have just quit by now.

43 people like this

Posted

The value pack still gives me more rolls on the RNG, so value pack owners win ON AVERAGE against those who don't own it.

On average? What kind of average is there with RNG? I've gone up to 36 failstacks trying to get my liverto to +13 in the past. My friend didn't have any higher FS than 15 to get his liverto to 15. Whats the average? RNG average?

Posted

They didn't add any P2W this patch, maid is not P2W.

I am strongly against the value pack and anything P2W, but I can agree with your statement. If they didn't add the value pack I don't think anyone would cry about P2W in this patch. But with the value pack, P2W was brought to everybodies attention (rightfully or not, doesn't matter, the discussion is there) so people are just looking for the smallest thing to call P2W.

Remove value pack, keep maids, keep xp buffs, keep inventory slots, keep storage slots, keep Branding Stones ... Just get rid of market collection bonus.

Posted

Everyone got free value packs depending on which edition they bought. This is not outplaying, more like promoting and potentially baiting people into buying them after they used up their free ones.

If you play it smart, you will not have to buy them at all. I have 3 free ones and will get a free 7 day one from this event. I used the first free one to sell most of my stuff I accumulated for net worth and I don't need, made a bunch of money and so far bought a Kzarka Weapon and still have enough for at least 1 Boss Gear piece, and by money keeps growing due to the value pack.

I have 2 free ones left + I will get another 7 days free. It is to assume that they might include more free 7 day ones (actually, I'd only need 1 day ones to pick up my sales) in future events (maybe a new seal event or they could add attendance rewards for each month).

Clearly, the valur pack is not about the weight increase or the inventory slots . it is about the 30% money from sales. Technically, you only need a value pack to pick up your sales to get more money from your sales.

Posted

On average? What kind of average is there with RNG? I've gone up to 36 failstacks trying to get my liverto to +13 in the past. My friend didn't have any higher FS than 15 to get his liverto to 15. Whats the average? RNG average?

RNG is based on probabilities and probabilities lead to averages if you do certain things multiple times. If you don't understand how this works please visit elementary school.

Posted

So they didn't do anything about the value pack and instead they are slowly adding more and more p2w to milk the naive mobile game lovers in bdo who think they are supporting the game by buying all this when the majority of the profits from bdo probably go to the investors of the game who are already focused on buying a new villa or making a new cash grab mmo in the upcoming years rather than keeping bdo alive and better (and yes they do try but with minimal effort) and nobody is going to say anything

value pack is overpowered and ridiculous p2w but they outplayed us by giving us free value packs, now people won't complain much at the start (even tho they should because this item is borderline ridiculous). 

It's easy to see how p2w value pack is. Imagine a guy plays 1 month with it and another guy 1 month without it and then they meet and fight. The guy with the value pack will have immense advantages and a ton more money, xp, even combat xp and he'll be able to grind longer thanks to inventory and weight. The guy with value pack will win by sheer advantages and that's what p2w is 

i decided to wait to see if they do anything about it but seems like they're gonna let it slide while they add more p2w features.. game industry has turned into shit , QQ 

What did they add thats p2w.. explain pl0x...  Maid does nothing thats p2w.... 

What are you even talking about... I have the value pack and 250 mill later I still cannot TRI my weapon.... go play another game and stop crying

2 people like this

Posted

If the OP has an issue with the Value Pack giving players that purchase it a bit of an advantage over those that choose not to then the OP should also be demanding that all players be limited to about four hours of game play per day because spending a lot of time playing the game, which is an external factor just like spending money, gives those players with the most free time to play the HUGEST advantage in the game.

3 people like this

Posted

Does this mean you quit and will no longer post complaint threads on these forums?

Posted

. Imagine a guy plays 1 month with it and another guy 1 month without

Both players get wrecked by the nolifers and luckers, value pack is nothing but a slight fart compared to that. So where's your problem again?

Posted

Both players get wrecked by the nolifers and luckers, value pack is nothing but a slight fart compared to that. So where's your problem again?

what if the guy with value pack is also a nolifer and a lucker? common sense too hard these days

look at all these hyena white knight lvl 54 people that don't play the game ganging up on me to defend this horrible thing when everyone that plays the game regardless of how rich and active just hates value pack 

2 people like this

Posted

what if the guy with value pack is also a nolifer and a lucker? common sense too hard these days

Yea right, that common sense, the one you apparently don't have, "nolifers" will be ahead, VP or not

look at all these hyena white knight lvl 54 people that don't play the game ganging up on me to defend this horrible thing when everyone that plays the game regardless of how rich and active just hates value pack 

Oh but wait ~

Posted

Bro, the only one bashing BDO right now is you. Just stop, it's pathetic, unless you actually have some valid feedback, go and doing something that you enjoy that doesn't involve harrassing other people.

Posted

then he must pay, if he wants to be the best of the best.

if you play 300+ hours each month but don't want to invest a handful of bucks, you're not competitive, it's in every game like this. either you need a very good mouse, or a flightstick, or a steering wheel, or a very good graphics card - you name it.

it doesn't work to balance the game and marketing concept completely just for a handful of poor nolifers who don't even want to spend a cent per hour playtime.

Posted

Agree that the Value Pack needs the marketplace tax reduction removed, but I don't see where you're coming from with the maids being P2W.

Posted

I'm pretty sure playing this game for a straight month will do something for your health. Also, the difference of being from 65% -> 85.5% which is 20% is not much when you think about it especially when you also have that option every 13 days. 

Posted (edited)

Yes, because everyone who doesn't agree with you must be a filthy casual white knight who has no clue what the game is.

There's no way other people just have a different opinion.

P.S. It's nice to see that you work so hard to really reinforce that your forum name of choice is extremely relevant to the quality of your opinions.

Edited by bakimono
1 person likes this

Posted

Yes, because everyone who doesn't agree with you must be a filthy casual white knight who has no clue what the game is.

There's no way other people just have a different opinion.

That's particularly funny considering the guy is lvl59, so he's actually complaining someone who doesn't play 23.5h a day might catch up with him within 48 months now, instead of 49

Posted

Like i said about a 2 weeks ago - this is only the beginning, there will be more p2w items they just add them slightly. I think there will be plenty of *luck boxes*, *kill everything you see* boosters etc. etc till new year. Enjoy.

Posted

Yea right, that common sense, the one you apparently don't have, "nolifers" will be ahead, VP or not

I honestly didn't expect you out of all people to respond like that TBH.

No-lifer is not a dichotomy or binary entity, it is a spectrum on a percentile of all players. VP helps you move up that percentile, hence can actually put someone playing 5 hours a day for example at the same level as someone playing 8 hours. If you consider 6 hours+ no-lifer for example, then here's an example of a lifer beating a no-lifer thanks to VP.

1 person likes this

Posted

I honestly didn't expect you out of all people to respond like that TBH.

No-lifer is not a dichotomy or binary entity, it is a spectrum on a percentile of all players. VP helps you move up that percentile, hence can actually put someone playing 5 hours a day for example at the same level as someone playing 8 hours. If you consider 6 hours+ no-lifer for example, then here's an example of a lifer beating a no-lifer thanks to VP.

Which at a certain level doesn't make the slightest difference in the world, especially if you're at 8+ hours a day. I doubt the difference between a lvl 59.1@ 450 GS and a lvl 59.2 @ 455 GS is enough to warrant such an outcry.

I doubt VPs  will ever help someone with 3h gametime a day ever catch up with "nolifers", if anything they will save a month out of 100 if we ever get to a point where there's an actual GS and lvl hard cap.

Also, while i'm of the same opinion about a spectrum of player types, the example you use effectively only applies to tiers within this spectrum.

e.g. Tier 1 VP <> Tier 2 no VP, but Tier 1 VP </> Tier 3 no VP

I think it's important to note that VPs only offer very little return below a certain time investment, in fact the item has a greater value the higher your gametime, which i find rather funny considering OP's resume who's like 0.001 % representative of the playerbase and is in fact only complaining he might lose a very tiny portion of his advantage by giving players with less time on their hands an option to go a tiny bit faster.

Finally, i have absolutely no prejudices against "nolifers", and the use of the word will widely vary from one person to another, but i found it rather funny to see OP  thorwing a tantrum considering he's part of a population nobody will ever catch up with, VP or not. So i was more about underlining his hypocrisy which he didn't fail to reveal immediately, than anything else.

1 person likes this

Posted

Which at a certain level doesn't make the slightest difference in the world, especially if you're at 8+ hours a day. I doubt the difference between a lvl 59.1@ 450 GS and a lvl 59.2 @ 455 GS is enough to warrant such an outcry.

I doubt VPs  will ever help someone with 3h gametime a day ever catch up with "nolifers", if anything they will save a month out of 100 if we ever get to a point where there's an actual GS and lvl hard cap.

Also, while i'm of the same opinion about a spectrum of player types, the example you use effectively only applies to tiers within this spectrum.

e.g. Tier 1 VP <> Tier 2 no VP, but Tier 1 VP </> Tier 3 no VP

I think it's important to note that VPs only offer very little return below a certain time investment, in fact the item has a greater value the higher your gametime, which i find rather funny considering OP's resume who's like 0.001 % representative of the playerbase and is in fact only complaining he might lose a very tiny portion of his advantage by giving players with less time on their hands an option to go a tiny bit faster.

Except the difference isn't 450 GS vs 455. If we are to create two people of equal luck and equal playtime, one with perma and one without value pack, the difference would be much bigger than that.

The diminishing returns argument you keep making is a very dangerous one to make. By that logic, no P2W items should have any effect, since you hit plateau. I can use the reasoning you're currently employing, word for word and justify why boss gear and valk's cry should be in cash shop right now.

Finally, i have absolutely no prejudices against "nolifers", and the use of the word will widely vary from one person to another, but i found it rather funny to see OP  thorwing a tantrum considering he's part of a population nobody will ever catch up with, VP or not. So i was more about underlining his hypocrisy which he didn't fail to reveal immediately, than anything else.

But I have a prejudice against no-lifers. Especially ones like OP who should be in school. 

2 people like this