• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Ignoring us for 3 weeks.

143 posts in this topic

Posted

Do the math on that one... a regular 50% increase on previous profits with a 5% loss rate per patch is actually pretty successful, especially because each time that revenue spikes is greater and each player loss rate shrinks.

I don't think the scenario is realistic, just pointing out that from a business perspective that'd be a wet dream to weed out non-paying customers and seeing expanding profit margins.

I don't understand why you think that people who dont like the value pack are not paying customers. I probably pay more than the average BDO player per month for the game, but I still don't want the Value Pack's p2w aspect. I'd even buy it w/o the p2w aspect. 

And no its not a wet dream. It seems like this in the short run, before the cities start emptying and another good MMO releases next year and snowball effect kicks in. 

Posted

That is how it started in Archeage too. That is how it started in a couple of companies I already worked for.

- Introduce one thing which 10% of people don't like.

- Look at numbers. 

- Woohoo 50% more cash.

- Loose 5% player base (who cares cash is 50% higher)

Sounds good right? 50% more money 5% players lost?

Now repeat this 10-20 times and look at the numbers again.

And yes, if you think about it just a bit it WILL have a snowball effect when people start posting youtube videos about why they quit, and when player base decreases to the point where you can no longer PvP or interract with many other players. 

while all of that is true, keep in mind we are not the only market for the game. We aren't even the original market.

BDO NA/EU is like a restaurant that tries out catering. If their attempt at catering is successful, they will make even more money. If it's not, they still have their original restaurant income to survive off of.  

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say PA has already made a hefty profit off of NA/EU. While I'm sure they don't want to lose this market, they still have others that are also making them money.

Posted

That's probably because you didn't read about how it works, i.e. when you press the accept button, 30% bonus is transferred into your inventory or bank. This value is not displayed.

I don't read Korean so I barely know how anything in this game works :D

That's good to know though, thanks for that info.

The message is broken (shows you 42k but gives you more). Track the money you have on you before selling you will see the difference.

Thank you as well, I appreciate the tip.

Still not P2W, though - RNG and grind are vastly more important. You might as well start saying that because you can block/dodge/superarmor against enemy attacks, the game is skill2win rather than gear-based. It can play a role, but it sure as hell takes a backseat to other aspects of the game.

I'd be more sympathetic to P2W complaints if grind wasn't such a big component of the game, giving anyone with more free time to mindlessly run in a circle spamming abilities against brainless PvE loot nuggets an inherent gear advantage over me.

Posted

Do you really not read any of the previous posts so I have to repeat the same thing over and over again until someone gets it?

I AM AFRAID THAT THEY KEEP ADDING MORE AND MORE P2W TO THE GAME. 

The way I see it in a patch or two we can sell value packs and pets on the marketplace for silver. 

I read them, I am trying you to see the Irony of your OP. It's not hit you yet though. You hate P2W, dont want to support another P2W game, yet have purchased every P2W item up to the value pack, you decided you drew the line there, why? Why do you think where you draw the line is where everyone else should draw the line? It's not worth debating anymore, good luck.

Posted

0/10 For butchering an awesome quote... SHAME!

blame the website! BLAME THEM! 

Posted

I AM AFRAID THAT THEY KEEP ADDING MORE AND MORE P2W TO THE GAME. 

47188111.jpg

Posted

The official clear answer is its in the game.. deal with it or leave... those are your options

Posted

I DO NOT WANT TO PLAY ANOTHER P2W GAME.

Then don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Posted

I read them, I am trying you to see the Irony of your OP. It's not hit you yet though. You hate P2W, dont want to support another P2W game, yet have purchased every P2W item up to the value pack, you decided you drew the line there, why? Why do you think where you draw the line is where everyone else should draw the line? It's not worth debating anymore, good luck.

Because the other p2w items were introduced from the beginning and I knew what I'm getting into when I started playing the game. It was also said that these will be  the only p2w items in the game and no more will come to our build of the game. Now I see that I was lied to, so in my opinion its the perfect time to draw the line. I don't see what's so surprising here.

Then don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good tip. Was hard to figure it out. 

Posted

Because the other p2w items were introduced from the beginning and I knew what I'm getting into when I started playing the game. It was also said that these will be  the only p2w items in the game and no more will come to our build of the game. Now I see that I was lied to, so in my opinion its the perfect time to draw the line. I don't see what's so surprising here.

Please source your information, your grasping at straws now. We are all waiting for the source of "It was also said that these will be  the only p2w items in the game and no more will come to our build of the game"

Posted

Good tip. Was hard to figure it out. 

You'd be surprised how the most common sense solution to people's problems eludes them.

It's a -----ing video game.  If you're not having fun, you're doing something wrong.

1 person likes this

Posted

And no its not a wet dream. It seems like this in the short run, before the cities start emptying and another good MMO releases next year and snowball effect kicks in. 

Obviously none of us can predict exactly what will happen in the future, but the sheer technical impressiveness of the game is going to be hard to top. It doesn't rely on the formula that most MMOs do, and I think that will keep it strong for a good while.

Everyone has their own definition of when convenience becomes 'winning'. It's surprising to people who have played games much, much further along the 'p2w spectrum' than BDO is every likely to be, much less where it is now, which is pretty darn close to none. 

Posted

Then don't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well it's normal to feel biased when the direction of the game is changing and you have invested some money in it.

Posted

How is it pay to win?

Sell your expensive items for two weeks while collecting loyalty points. DO NOT collect the funds from the marketplace. After two weeks, purchase the one day value pack, collect all money, and profit. You did not spend any real money, but still got the marketplace benefit.

Is it a pain in the ass? Sure. But sure as hell not pay to win. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I don't understand why you think that people who dont like the value pack are not paying customers. I probably pay more than the average BDO player per month for the game, but I still don't want the Value Pack's p2w aspect. I'd even buy it w/o the p2w aspect. 

Look at my edit, I broke it down.

And I never assumed that they weren't paying customers, but to see a 50% spike in profit there'd have to be some level of non-paying customers making up the bulk of the playerbase that left. I'm working with the information given.

People seem to think that losing population = death for a game... Wow lost something like 70% of their population over the last few years and that game is hardly dead or even on the way out.

The reality is games, especially once they hit the 6 month+ mark will lose more than 5% of their long-term clients in a given month but that can be minimized or even overshadowed depending on how many new clients come in.

Also, there's really no big MMO of any note looming on the horizon that I know of that is really poised to be a better offering than BDO.

Seeing a consistent +50% profit on an MMO is a win from a business perspective any way you slice it... Games with a small core of high paying users will generally be healthier than a game with a large population that doesn't buy anything...

I've said this a number of times but Daum will listen to their sales figures and NOT forum complaints.

It doesn't matter how many people assert that the value packs are terrible and P2W if they're seeing a huge chunk of the population actually purchase it.

If you prefer... Money speaks louder than words.

Lets say, hypothetically, Daum really has the 1 million users they've said they have (they said accounts so it's unclear if they are counting trials).

but for fun and sake of maths...

1,000,000 users, 11% of which are using the CS and lets say, again for sake of math, they average out to $50 / month.

that's $5,500,000 / month.

Do you think the game will die if they drop down to

800,000 users paying $27,500,000 / month?

Or how about we extrapolate using the data you provided in the first place and did this 20 times...

That's 337,535 users paying $12,192,608,010 / month.

Not sure how you could argue that, from a business perspective jumping from $66,000,000 per year to $146,311,296,120 per year is anything but a wet dream.

MMO's rarely have a lifespan over 5 years and to see 2,000 years worth of profit at the old rate is kinda... well... a win...

Edited by bakimono

Posted

Well it's normal to feel biased when the direction of the game is changing and you have invested some money in it.

You, presumably, paid when you were enjoying the game product.  If the direction of the game is changing and you no longer approve stop supporting it financially.  If you feel you have to keep paying in order to be happy in game and are unwilling to keep paying then stop playing.  These things aren't some life or death struggle.  It's an entertainment product.  If you're no longer entertained, go find something else to spend your money on to entertain you.

1 person likes this

Posted

You, presumably, paid when you were enjoying the game product.  If the direction of the game is changing and you no longer approve stop supporting it financially.  If you feel you have to keep paying in order to be happy in game and are unwilling to keep paying then stop playing.  These things aren't some life or death struggle.  It's an entertainment product.  If you're no longer entertained, go find something else to spend your money on to entertain you.

EXACTLY. This is why I ASK THE QUESTION. I want to know if the direction of the game is changing or if the P2W aspects of the Value Pack were done in an error, so that I can take a decision. I don't want to was your time with it, I just want to get an answer for myself and decide what to do.  

Posted (edited)

EXACTLY. This is why I ASK THE QUESTION. I want to know if the direction of the game is changing or if the P2W aspects of the Value Pack were done in an error, so that I can take a decision. I don't want to was your time with it, I just want to get an answer for myself and decide what to do.  

Marketting y'know, they will milk you in the process because if they  tell you now that's it will have more p2w feature,  you'll quit right now without giving them any money.

Edited by Chi Cha

Posted

It's over dude, it's not changing. I gave up long ago. 

They really don't care what you think about this. If you can't see that by now then idk what to tell you.

Posted

But the game really is not changing... We have yet to have *anything* hit our version (cash shop wise) that isn't in the other versions of the game.

Posted

But the game really is not changing... We have yet to have *anything* hit our version (cash shop wise) that isn't in the other versions of the game.

I did not play another version of the game and I do not know what it has. And tbh I don't really care what other versions of the game have - I care about what my version of the game has. 

Anyway I'm off for now, will check back later if I got a response from Daum. Thanks for the discussion and your opinions.

Posted

Did you ever consider that maybe you are in the vocal minority on this issue? That lots of people enjoy the value pack and the perks it brings and do not consider it PTW?

Posted

I did not play another version of the game and I do not know what it has. And tbh I don't really care what other versions of the game have - I care about what my version of the game has. 

Anyway I'm off for now, will check back later if I got a response from Daum. Thanks for the discussion and your opinions.

So basically...

You expect BDO to be not BDO because it opened a server in the west?

You don't want to pay attention to what the game is, but assert that the translation of the game has changed by virtue of being translated with a few tweaks?

I mean don't get me wrong... I'm concerned about this version of the game too, but it's not like I am expecting it to be all that different from the other versions. It's not like they are developing two entirely different games.

Posted

So basically...
You expect BDO to be not BDO because it opened a server in the west?

Considering his concern ( p2w crap ), it have nothing to do with excepting BDO not beeing BDO.

Its not like he was willing to have BDO be a racing game.

BDO essence isnt the buisiness model.

1 person likes this

Posted

When will the crying ever stop with you people?

I feel like most of you should have been born a woman feminist.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0