• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

Pvp and pve questions

41 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think I will really enjoy this class but nice have some questions 

I am looking for some gear that I should use that won't break my budget

How is pvp in small and large scale battles?

What about pve?

Edit

What do you least enjoy and enjoy the most about this class 

Edited by Fruitinii

Posted

PVE valk is top tier, especially if you farm in areas that have every mob vulnerable to knockback CC from shield throw.

PVP valk is a very high learning curve class. do NOT expect to be good at it overnight, or possibly even a few months. it is hard to play at first, but once you get used to playing it you can be an absolute terror on the battlefield. Valks will always have their uses in small and large scale pvp. as front-liners we have incredibly important buffs, an emergency heal, and can soak up more dmg than an 18 pack of paper towels

as far as starter gear: yuria/vangertz, grunil gloves/helm taritas boots/chest, blue coral earrings/rings, belt of schulz, an either a scarla neck or tri bares neck for budget gear. work up from there as you can afford to, but do know valk is also fairly gear dependent, especially once you get into large scale pvp, as rangers and wizards will melt you without proper gear

Posted (edited)

PVE valk is top tier, especially if you farm in areas that have every mob vulnerable to knockback CC from shield throw.

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Correction

PVE valk is *shit* tier, especially if you farm in areas that have every mob invulnerable to knockback CC from shield throw.(like 3/5 of valencia spot)

No mobility no aoe. Soj deal half of the damage that one Wizard lighning residual or Ranger Will of the wind.

Valk get mobility and aoe only with awakening weapon.

Small scape pvp is good with AP build

large scape pvp is good with DP build

Yes Valkyrie need 2 set of accessory.

Krea longsword/vangetzu shield

why krea ? you will get a liverto(7m) so fast or a Kzarka pretty fast right now. you need just more patience for kzarka (get 100-200m and praise night vendor) Spend any money on yuria(60-100k) is pretty useless right now. you will safe money with krea (20-40k each on marketplace)

Why Vangetzu ? Accuracy,DP,AP,evasion.

For armor set. 3 Hercules, Talis shoes.

Why ? 200 wl will help you more on your grinding that SP/+5 AP with taritas/grunil combo. you surely never Pvp before you get full Tri boss stuff. so optimise your grind.

I am full grunil valkyrie and i regret hard.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

.you surely never Pvp before you get full Tri boss stuff. so optimise your grind.

I am full grunil valkyrie and i regret hard.

sorry but thats totally wrong, u can go full grunil and fight very well in pve and pvp

looks like u dont have any experience in pvp or you are just trolling around

Posted (edited)

sorry but thats totally wrong, u can go full grunil and fight very well in pve and pvp

looks like u dont have any experience in pvp or you are just trolling around

you never fight  200 ap ppl... 7 AP/150HP change nothing.

Hercules have the same DP that grunil.  and when you will loot/buy bheg glove you will lose 7AP of grunil set effect. with hercules you not lose the 200wl

heve/hercules are better on my opinion.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

you never fight  200 ap ppl... 7 AP/150HP change nothing.

of course i fight against people with 200+ ap, its hard but its possible

i dont know how u play your valk, but im going full ap (173 screen+10ap gems + 7ap setbonus+11ap buff ) and fighting very well against other classes

sorc is 6/10

ranger 9/0

zerks 5/10

tamer 8/10

ninja/kuno 7/10

musa/meawha 10/10

wizard 6/10

Posted (edited)

of course i fight against people with 200+ ap, its hard but its possible

i dont know how u play your valk, but im going full ap (173 screen+10ap gems + 7ap setbonus+11ap buff ) and fighting very well against other classes

sorc is 6/10

ranger 9/0

zerks 5/10

tamer 8/10

ninja/kuno 7/10

musa/meawha 10/10

wizard 6/10

You are overstuff comparing me.. lol and  1vs1  arena without potion is not the true pvp lol

JPJIV4A.png

15 time i fail my duo kzarka..... i failed 4 time my Top armor too.. i spend more that 400m on witch earring/mark of shadow and never get a Pri..  after 5 month....

My RNG is bad.

Edited by Catastigma

Posted

You are overstuff comparing me.. lol

JPJIV4A.png

15 time i fail my duo kzarka..... i failed 4 time my Top armor too.. i spend more that 400m on witch earring/mark of shadow and never get a Pri..  after 5 month....

My RNG is bad.

ok now i understand why u say the 7 ap isnt worth it, 

but u have to compare the enemy with the same gear, an enemy with 200ap+ outgeared u a lot

i dont know how much u spend in the cash shop, but im running with 1100lt and i have always my horse/camel around me

valks are good in pve too, especially if u fight against "strong" mobs like crescent or centaures, a mage have to dodge and they hope they dont get cc while channeling their spells, a valk can facetank this mobs, and rangers..rangers are pve kings^^

Posted

You are overstuff comparing me.. lol

JPJIV4A.png

My RNG is bad.

I would just suggest to get your hands on an alchemy stone of protection and/or an alchemy stone of destruction and alternate 'em according to where you farm, no need to go for the top tier ones, the intermediate are good enough to ease the farming and should be pretty cheap, ok you still won't push back with shield throw, but the damage reduction is consistent. If you can go full offensive, the extra damage from the stone of destruction is just nice to have.

Out of curiosity how many skill points do you have ? high AP is good, but slightly lower AP coupled with high skill grade's multipliers can be a good trade off  - and don't forget food ;) 

Posted

PVP valk is a very high learning curve class. do NOT expect to be good at it overnight, or possibly even a few months. it is hard to play at first, but once you get used to playing it you can be an absolute terror on the battlefield. Valks will always have their uses in small and large scale pvp. as front-liners we have incredibly important buffs, an emergency heal, and can soak up more dmg than an 18 pack of paper towels

as far as starter gear: yuria/vangertz, grunil gloves/helm taritas boots/chest, blue coral earrings/rings, belt of schulz, an either a scarla neck or tri bares neck for budget gear. work up from there as you can afford to, but do know valk is also fairly gear dependent, especially once you get into large scale pvp, as rangers and wizards will melt you without proper gear

you bring up some good points but im going to have to disagree with you

PVE: we are middle tier...we lack the mobility and effective aoe to grind as fast as a ranger or a musa. we do have sustainability and survivability that those classes don't have though so we are able to stay engaged in combat for longer periods of time but the pace they set is something we just cant match as a valk

PVP: valk learning curve isn't steep at all in fact its probably one of the most simple classes to become effective with, since we don't use many skills and the majority of them are all done while holding S.

Id also argue that valks viability as a front liner isn't the best either, we lack any mobility to maneuver around front line nukers like witches and wizards. tbh your better off hugging high valued targets on ur team and peeling for them.

basically we are just waiting on awakenings and hope the mobility gives us the boost we need to be more effective in both pve and pvp, but judging from KR we will most likely remain middle of the pack

2 people like this

Posted

Valk is at best in the mid tier for PvE.  Wizard, Ranger and Tamer all make us look scrubby.  Having really high end gear helps lower the difference since the mobs you grind at endgame now are super weak (pirates/sausans)

Learning curve for Valk is not high.  You need to know how to iframe, use your shield, and a couple of the SOJ combos and you are done.  It has one of the lowest skill caps of any class I've played in an MMO to date.  Nearly all of your "skill" is about how you move and anticipate the opponent moving, which is the case with all classes.

With good gear, and 250 DP I melt if I'm not avoiding the damage really well.  It is more tanky than some classes, but is very far from being a "tank."  All that said, it can be fun and strong in smaller scale pvp.  It can be a game changer in large fights - but mostly just because of our 2 minute cooldown aoe super armor ability.

For gear, everything listed is fine - though personally I would take red coral over blue coral for rings.  DP sucks, but you do need some and as OP is low on gear it wouldn't hurt.  On top of that, the 50 stamina is awesome as most of our survivability comes from spamming iframes

Posted

valks are good in pve too, especially if u fight against "strong" mobs like crescent or centaures, ...

This is very true. I clear just as fast as a ranger or wiz at Basilisks. I can get a head of spawn on the popular rotation if I'm on my A-game. I have 170 AP. Pirates/Sausans.. they definitely outclass us for farming weaker mobs.

Posted

There is no way you can match the killspeed of a decent ranger... Gotta agree with Lick_MyCrit here, Valk's survivability is great for mobs like Crescent Guardians or the dungeons before +20 came out, but we just lack the speed and larger aoe to compete with other classes for most other spots. Basically we can kill anything without breaking a sweat, just not very fast.

PVP isn't too hard to learn either. I think there is a bit of a higher skill ceiling and it's not the "easiest" class out there, but most of that lies in utilizing the minimal movement we have properly and adjusting your tactic to the sort of opponent you are facing so you don't get caught. You can get a good grasp on what skills to use and what sort of cancels there are quite quickly, but it takes hours and hours of pvp to learn how and when to utilize them properly.

We can do a lot, wether it's being a tank, deal damage, peel or support, but for everything we do, there's another class that does it better than us. That still makes us very balanced and useful, but especially in larger scale pvp, you kinda fall behind a bit.

Posted (edited)

You are overstuff comparing me.. lol and  1vs1  arena without potion is not the true pvp lol

JPJIV4A.png

My RNG is bad.

Person with Kzarka weapon sais his RNG is bad... I Cri Evertiem. Meanwhile sitting on 400m have yet to see Bheg's or Kzarka @ night vendor (because actual drops don't exist amirite). OTL

Edited by Momofu

Posted

PVE: we are middle tier...we lack the mobility and effective aoe to grind as fast as a ranger or a musa. we do have sustainability and survivability that those classes don't have though so we are able to stay engaged in combat for longer periods of time but the pace they set is something we just cant match as a valk

PVP: valk learning curve isn't steep at all in fact its probably one of the most simple classes to become effective with, since we don't use many skills and the majority of them are all done while holding S.

Id also argue that valks viability as a front liner isn't the best either, we lack any mobility to maneuver around front line nukers like witches and wizards. tbh your better off hugging high valued targets on ur team and peeling for them.

basically we are just waiting on awakenings and hope the mobility gives us the boost we need to be more effective in both pve and pvp, but judging from KR we will most likely remain middle of the pack

most of these statements are simply not true. valk has excellent maneuvering mobility, you just have to know how to use it. the goal of a valk is not to chase, it is to draw someone in and use the mobility that we do have along with CC to prevent escape.

as far as learning curve, you are WAAAAY over-simplifying the class. good, skilled valks are almost unkillable. simple to be effective yes, NOT simple at all to become dangerous. as a valk whenever you are about to take massive dmg you should be popping both heavens echo and your black spirit buff for +50dp and popping a quick SoJ for another 10. if you pvp with a kite shield as well, you can deal with any nuke very easily, not to mention shield chase through things like witch ultimate is not hard to do at all.

when it comes to PVE, self sustain is HUGE. not having to spend money on pots, not having to go back to repot (especially when the town is VERY far away) can make a very large impact. sure, they may kill 10 mobs a min more than you, but if they have to leave and it takes 30 minutes to get back to town and return because you are out in the desert...they are gonna have to do A LOT more. your main focus is on pirates and sausans, and thats just a very small section of what can be farmed. on top of that, i know quite a few rangers and musas that cant maintain a good farm at even pirates solo because of crazy jacks. i can go solo until my gear breaks there without using a single pot, thus saving around 300k just over 2 hours from that. i hate to tell you, but if you think we are mid-tier, you arent utilizing the class correctly.

Posted

most of these statements are simply not true. valk has excellent maneuvering mobility

stopped reading right here, apparently were playing 2 different games.

Posted

3 Chases from shield + rightous Charge + the jump charge slash run... all on no or low cooldown.  Ton of mobility if properly utilized.  You must be playing a diff game.  

Posted

3 Chases from shield + rightous Charge + the jump charge slash run... all on no or low cooldown.  Ton of mobility if properly utilized.  You must be playing a diff game.  

pretty much exactly what i was talking about. you can even use shining dash if you utilize that properly. i have a valk in my guild that can keep pace with warriors, just because he knows how to rotate his movement skills.

Posted (edited)

I think valks do have good mobility...in smaller fight areas, like the arena for example. But in bigger areas/longer distances it becomes very difficult for a valk to maintain that mobility and keep up with other classes. For valks it's all about fighting in the right areas.

Edited by Akinos
1 person likes this

Posted

If you don't suck at using CS you should be catching up to pretty much everyone.

Posted

Been saying this for ages, valks can not only burst a lot of damage, but our mobility is very bursty as well. Over a short distance / time span, we can catch up to almost everyone and at least get them within CS range. You won't be able to catch anyone if you miss this opportunity though.

Posted

Complains about 200 ap classes, Has a DP of 216 lmao. 200ap is the equivalent of having tr1 kaz/Liv, full duo accesories and usually a pr1 ogre  or an ogre and pr1 belt etc. when you get your dp on an equivalent level to their ap (e.g. in the region of 260+ such as my self) and get a Kite shield. Those 200ap players all of a sudden dont seem to scary. Block dash dash cc SoJ grab SoJ or whatever combo and theyre usually dead as theyve full focused on AP and have no real tanking ability.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You see? This is someone that actually plays a valk and  has knowledge of other classes ^^

Only thing we are monsters at is 1v1. Until awakenings.

This is why we never see valks on the battlefield, they re all busy spreading love on the class here.

Literally, in every single guild or battleground ive been, i was the only one or one of the 2, MAX 3 valkyries.

And to anyone who is still thinking valks are good at pve because they can "survive and sustain".. Just work properly on your armor, you can easily farm valencia mobs with ultimate +15/pri gear, any class is tanky with the right gear. And level a ranger, a tamer or a witch, you will realise what a pve god is.

Don't get me wrong, i love the class and i will never main any other in this game, even when everyone and his mom is playing witch/sorc/ranger.

But we have to accept the truth, pre-mediah valk-god-mode's ended.

Complains about 200 ap classes, Has a DP of 216 lmao. 200ap is the equivalent of having tr1 kaz/Liv, full duo accesories and usually a pr1 ogre  or an ogre and pr1 belt etc. when you get your dp on an equivalent level to their ap (e.g. in the region of 260+ such as my self) and get a Kite shield. Those 200ap players all of a sudden dont seem to scary. Block dash dash cc SoJ grab SoJ or whatever combo and theyre usually dead as theyve full focused on AP and have no real tanking ability.

Another smart one that goes on the best pvp shield before nouver :3

Edited by Aunatar

Posted

I'd say the statement that we arent useful in mass PVP is false. I find that popping something like elions blessing, becoming practically immune for 5 seconds, dashing into a big group of squishys like witches rangers etc and using judgement of light has won my guild multiple engagements through the usage of mass CC, the heal is so amazing as well, 15%(i think of anyone within ranges health instantly restored) combine that with the nice amount of hard cc we have and overall tankiness and you have a pretty good class. the learning curve isnt very hard for valkyries no, but by god you can instantly tell the difference between a valk that knows her combos and can execute different combos that work well together and another valk that relies entirely on SoJ(99% of valks). I have never lost a 1v1 valkyrie fight except when I fought this Valk from Marauders called AizWallenstein and i feel that was essentially down the fact that i was massively outgeared by her. I feel theres an overall like of valks in this game mainly down to the fact that until you hit lvl 53, you do literally nothing in PVP. and all you do for pve farming before you get Ulti SoJ and Celestial is hold down S+Q...

Posted

. I have never lost a 1v1 valkyrie fight except when I fought this Valk from Marauders called AizWallenstein and i feel that was essentially down the fact that i was massively outgeared by her. 

hey, thats me :D

1 person likes this