• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Two completely different games constantly getting compared to each other. Archeage was shit from the get go.

yeah well at least in archeage the naval combat wasn't p2w at the start and the bound dungeon gear was the best and you could only be a p2w player to get to it not p2w to have it. This game you can buy everything you need for gear with silver.

Edited by Zymbobwye

Posted

DAUM, you should listen to me because it sounds like your team can't think straight for some reason. 

Implement a subscription based model of $15-20/month and keep releasing meaningful and fun expansions. Less complaints and your company will stay afloat. Take note from successful games like WoW and Final Fantasy Online.

What's funny is I've spent more in this game than I did in FF14 AND that game actually cared about fairness and equality amongst its customer base.

Its very easy to switch back, but I'd rather see you fix this game because I want to RP as Guts. 

Sincerely,

SayNoToP2W

1 person likes this

Posted

The car's one fire, and there's no driver at the wheel.

Posted

Yes, TERA is pay to win. There was (not sure if you can still do it) a cash shop item where you practically bought enchantments for your weapon/armors. Also they released a cash shop package that basically gave you 58 free levels.

But yet Tera is the 2nd most played mmo to this day still, I still believe that this is something that is helpful to all players and nearly every mmo does it so why is it so wrong if bdo does it? It may screw with the economy for a bit but it would soon equal out to where cash shop items would still cost a lot more than anything therefore they would not be bought a whole pile just like in tera the cash shop items are so over priced in game it's easier just to pay for them.

1 person likes this

Posted

The car's one fire, and there's no driver at the wheel.

Jesus won't take the wheel on this one either.

1 person likes this

Posted

Please don't allow pearl items onto the market place! Can't these items be offered in events like the pets and 7 day costume or possibly ingame quests?

Posted

I read more forum posts today than I ever have here. My conclusion is that the vocal populace is very vile and toxic. This is almost as bad as people talking politics where their candidate can do no wrong, and the opposition can do no right. Plus, most of them have no sense of spelling or grammar. Maybe this will be a better place once all those threatening to quit actually leave.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I just started the game and I love it the way it is. I have yet to visit the Pearl Shop as I am still starting out, but I will most probably visit the shop as I get more comfortable with the game. With that said, I have never felt once that I am being denied or restricted in experiencing all the features of Black Desert due to not using the Pearl Shop.

I do not disagree with, and even welcome, the intention of using other means to provide access to the Pearl Shop items. However, as many point out in this forum, providing an in-game mechanic which can allow players to potentially abuse a feature (in this case, a massing in game currency through selling items bought with real money) with little interaction with the game is disheartening. It is sad to say, but even with limitations in place, if a feature can be abused it most certainly will.

If the true intention is to allow players to purchase items in the Pearl Shop with in game currency, why do you need a mechanic which allows a third party to take advantage and partake in the transaction? Why can't you instead introduce a mechanic which allows players to perform in-game purchases directly through the Pearl Shop with silver? This would achieve the reasoning behind the announcement post while addressing players' concerns.

I personally have no intention to abuse this new feature, but I would ask that you re-consider introducing such functionality that allows behavior which could affect the integrity of the game.

Thank you

Edited by MaxKai
2 people like this

Posted

So you're disregarding his point that exactly explains to you that it's pay to win? Have you heard of the strawman fallacy?

Let me break it down for you.

You claim that people are not using p2w correctly because and I'll quote you verbatim here "Pay to win is referring to an item you cannot obtain in game by means of grinding."

He then refutes your claim by telling you that cash shop costumes (an item) are not obtainable in game by means of grinding and is even kind enough to give you an example of a game that has done something similar.

You then say what I have quoted disregarding that he has used the same game that the discussion is about (Black Desert  Online) as an example in countering your argument.

In conclusion you and your posts are one of two things

1. The rambling of a developmentally disabled manchild hammering away at his keyboard because he has more than enough of daddy's money to throw away in a p2w game.

2. A baiting forum troll.

+1 for bob ross.

Posted

RIP BDO!

love the game but will try new mmo if this is released

Posted

But yet Tera is the 2nd most played mmo to this day still, I still believe that this is something that is helpful to all players and nearly every mmo does it so why is it so wrong if bdo does it? It may screw with the economy for a bit but it would soon equal out to where cash shop items would still cost a lot more than anything therefore they would not be bought a whole pile just like in tera the cash shop items are so over priced in game it's easier just to pay for them.

the small minority of people stirring up the hysteria are those who come from the elite guilds who want supremacy, This update is better for the gamer who can't spend 8-16 hours to grind -- which will still be the most advantageous way to play regardless.

2 people like this

Posted

ALL of my friends quit. Guess I'm uninstalling also.

Posted

Pay TO WIN RIPPPPPP DEAD GAME

Posted

Wohoo!!!!!!!!!

Nice change

1 person likes this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

yeah because at least in archeage the naval combat wasn't p2w at the start and the bound dungeon gear was the best and you could only be a p2w player to get to it not p2w to have it. This game you can buy everything you need for gear with silver.

Literally, I've been playing since launch and I decided recently that I wanted to come back to the game and create a kunoichi. So I did, I got a kuno now that is level 53 from nothing but grinding on my few hours a day that I have on it, and now has PRI/DUO gear with a +15 weapon (my side weapon and belt still needed work though).

3 hours a day grinding got me that gear for a new character, all bought with silver. All anyone had to do was grind it out and only had to spend a few hours on the game when they had a chance to get on.

If you look at the amount of time that I had spent on this character, then compared it to the amount of time that you guys have on your other characters, I'm sure you would be astounded.

2016-08-04_170503343.thumb.JPG.b52aa878a

Players aren't in that desperate of a need for silver, they're just too lazy to get it themselves, probably wasting away in a chat box or RPing with their time.

Not trying to be mean, but the cash shop issue could be implemented better. Loyalties could give players convienience items to move progress faster if you must do it that way.

Yes, I know I have 0 silver in my inventory, I like to keep them in storage boxes. ;)

Edited by ReverseEffect

Posted

Welcome to Archeage 2.0

Thanks for lying to us and ruining a beautiful game before you even finished releasing content for it.

Will be looking for a new game and a refund as well now

Thanks TrionWorlds Daum

Posted (edited)

Yes but be honest, do you honestly think that making BDO P2W will bring it up to the 2nd slot in most played MMOs? It's a buy to play game (or supposed to be). How many people already feel cheated by this, that's only part of the problem. All the people that thought having Visionmaker gear on TERA (or whatever the new BiS is) was mainstream for P2W people. That's just ridiculous.

TERA also did one thing right, they had a subscription model that kept them alive past the F2P re-launch.

Edited by ReverseEffect

Posted

Yeah, this is complete bullshit. Should have just made outfits and such cheaper, that is what the MAJORITY of people were asking for. We were told this was BUY2PLAY to avoid this exact thing. If this goes through I want a refund. You guys were pushing people enough with the value pack, even sounded like you guys were slightly agreeing the silver on that was ridiculous, but now you do this straight after? I mean, I'm even seeing a lot of your own fanboydefenders go against you guys on this one, that alone should tell you how dead that will make this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

SAD...

Posted

It is very nice of you to announce in advance so I can waste one less week playing in illusion of b2p bs...

Posted

By the time anyone would be able to afford the cash shop items (because no player will sell them as cheap) you'd all be at end game anyways because I can garentee that these cash shop items will end up being more expensive than your end game gear so this is not a pay to win process because you'd still have to go through the effort of getting enough silver to afford to items so that would mean they are rarely bought so the people selling would probably have to spend a very long time waiting for someone to buy the item off them. I still believe this isn't pay to win and that it's more of a good thing for all players in the long run. 

1 person likes this

Posted

A comment from Jouska would actually be nice. Just something to tell stance.

Posted

Is it time to say good bye to Black Desert? I have paid for the game itself, I have paid for the pets, weight limits, inventory slots, costumes, etc... I have accepted monthly subscription/premium account in form of a value pack. But this is simply crossing the line. There is nothing beyond that but pure pay to win! All the struggle to make this game as fascinating as it is now, all the work to guarantee us a finer future with the great upcoming content, all gone to waste...
It is such a shame that developers nowdays are led only by the overwhelming and blinding greed. The last crumbs of ambition, to simply create a decent product and gain some good reputation, have vanished entirely. To all Daum/Kakao and Pearl Abyss staff - you may be wealthy but you are also cheap. Good luck with selling yourselves short. You will not be remembered. 

1 person likes this