• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

" in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert"

PM_Jouska, You know that is bull crap. They are money hungry and its going to kill the game. :( 

Posted

Why doesn't Daum just put an option to buy pearl shop items inside the pearl shop with silver instead of making it pay to win by involving the marketplace? It would allow Daum to full fill its original purpose to give none pearl shop players access to costumes/ect. Unless Daums real purpose is to make money $$$ and they're just lieing to our faces.

Posted (edited)

i mean come on guys, who in his right mind will fork out 150$ every week to buy pearls just to sell costumes and get gear advantage,

That is like literally throwing 600$ away every month. Anyone who will that needs checked for mental illness.  

But this new featureis completely p2w and must not ve added.

0.01% of the playerbase will actually do this, its not a real problem.

Why doesn't Daum just put an option to buy pearl shop items inside the pearl shop with silver instead of making it pay to win by involving the marketplace? It would allow Daum to full fill its original purpose to give none pearl shop players access to costumes/ect. Unless Daums real purpose is to make money $$$ and they're just lieing to our faces.

They don't make any money, infact they likely make less money as people can get the items into the economy without paying Daum at all. They're a business, its about making money.

Edited by Karlious

Posted (edited)

But yet Tera is the 2nd most played mmo to this day still, I still believe that this is something that is helpful to all players and nearly every mmo does it so why is it so wrong if bdo does it? It may screw with the economy for a bit but it would soon equal out to where cash shop items would still cost a lot more than anything therefore they would not be bought a whole pile just like in tera the cash shop items are so over priced in game it's easier just to pay for them.

Lineage, Lineage 2, FFXIV, SWTOR, GW2 and even TESO all have more players than TERA. You'll notice that the games that have direct cash to currency also have drastically different gear systems and philosophies with less emphasis on it to be relevent.

As for the idea of cash shop items being so overpriced it is easier to to just buy them, that can be accomplished without it being what equates to currency exchange.

Edited by Noth

Posted

i mean come on guys, who in his right mind will fork out 150$ every week to buy pearls just to sell costumes and get gear advantage,

That is like literally throwing 600$ away every month. Anyone who will that needs checked for mental illness.  

But this new featureis completely p2w and must not ve added.

you would be surprised what people will spend to feel they have an edge or advantage

Posted

I have mixed feelings about this change. Mostly i'd just hate seeing even more people leave the game because its the players that make MMO's last.

For time being, i vote NO.

Posted

You just answered your own question.

Posted

They don't make any money, infact they likely make less money as people can get the items into the economy without paying Daum at all.

Depends on how they are priced. if they are high priced so that it takes a lot to purchase them, this still encourages people to buy them from the pearl shop rather than in game while not basically doing what is perceived as p2w.

Posted

57a41eadaaade_mWPwZww1.thumb.jpg.27dbd4d

Posted

Please dont spread missinformation, as a lawschool graduate I can tell you that statement is laughable, and I'd recommend you to read the terms and conditions you agreed upon ccreating your account, they're 100% protected by it, want to know why? Because all of this was planned and it was innevtable, they even were careful enough to make statements in the likes of "at this moment in time we dont have planned. . ." or "at launch there will be no suuch features in the game" etc, not just because a CM got carried away on a Q&A and mentioned that P2W is not their intention, doesnt mean it's an official statement from the company, and even THAT is in the terms and conditions (PA/Daum are not accountable for what their employees say), do your research.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Please dont spread missinformation, as a lawschool graduate I can tell you that statement is laughable, and I'd recommend you to read the terms and conditions you agreed upon ccreating your account, they're 100% protected by it, want to know why? Because all of this was planned and it was innevtable, they even were carefull enough to make officiall statements in the likes of "at this moment in time we dont have planned. . ." or "at launch there will be no suuch features in the game" etc, not just because a CM got carried away on a Q&A and mentioned that P2W is not their intention, doesnt mean it's an official statement from the company, and even THAT is in the terms and conditions (PA/Daum are not accountable for what their employees say), do your research.

That's the sad part of it all.

EDIT: What the hell is a graduate using such a painful to read font for? xD 

Edited by ReverseEffect

Posted

500 mil a week passive here I come. 

1 person likes this

Posted

0.01% of the playerbase will actually do this, its not a real problem.that is seriously messed up, i mean even if you inherited a trust fund,( and i am using trust fund here as an example because people who work for their money will think twice about such spendinv. going on a spending ) that is $ 600 every month, how long will you be able to keep this up. 

Posted

Please dont spread missinformation, as a lawschool graduate I can tell you that statement is laughable, and I'd recommend you to read the terms and conditions you agreed upon ccreating your account, they're 100% protected by it, want to know why? Because all of this was planned and it was innevtable, they even were carefull enough to make officiall statements in the likes of "at this moment in time we dont have planned. . ." or "at launch there will be no suuch features in the game" etc, not just because a CM got carried away on a Q&A and mentioned that P2W is not their intention, doesnt mean it's an official statement from the company, and even THAT is in the terms and conditions (PA/Daum are not accountable for what their employees say), do your research.

You can actually see in previous forum posts (sentiments from the company) that states cash shop items will not be implemented. When we agreed to the ToS yes we did enter a legally binding contract that does limit our rights for a lawsuit, however to say that legally kakao is not at fault here too is misinformation. We have laws that protect gamers from these actions now.  Thank god Good Faith law was enacted for another purpose that serves to this same extent, you won't win a lawsuit with it but you'll sure as sh-t get your money refunded.

1 person likes this

Posted

Except that the term "Pay 2 Win" is so incredibly subjective you would never have a legal ground to stand on anyway. And what exactly are you "winning" anyway, which is, again, going to have a VERY subjective answer. Whose definition of P2W do you use in a case? 

Posted (edited)

Please dont spread missinformation, as a lawschool graduate I can tell you that statement is laughable, and I'd recommend you to read the terms and conditions you agreed upon ccreating your account, they're 100% protected by it, want to know why? Because all of this was planned and it was innevtable, they even were careful enough to make statements in the likes of "at this moment in time we dont have planned. . ." or "at launch there will be no suuch features in the game" etc, not just because a CM got carried away on a Q&A and mentioned that P2W is not their intention, doesnt mean it's an official statement from the company, and even THAT is in the terms and conditions (PA/Daum are not accountable for what their employees say), do your research.

Partly false?

An employee, especially a CM, is responsible for what is said. The company as an entity does not directly communicate with its playerbase, so it is up to the CMs, community managers to be that medium. What is said by the CM, is reasonably assumed to be said by the company as an entity, even if it turned out what the CM said was not a reflection of the company's intention, that has nothing to do is us, the playerbase. We were told something, if that something was wrongly communicated that is between the CM and the company, someones gonna lose their job. 

But we acted and relied on a particular statement when putting money into the game, that does not change. You're about to equity son, Im in law school too, how you gonna pass the bar smh

Edited by glajie

Posted

I am also a lawschool graduate and I can tell you that by claiming you are a lawschool graduate, YOUR statement is laughable. They cannot prove that you are the one who actually agreed to the TOS and it does not require a signature. Someone could be agreeing on your account without your knowledge. The code could be tampered with so that you don't even have to agree to proceed, etc. The possibilities are endless. This is why TOS agreements have been rejected in certain court cases. Please do some research.

Posted

That's the sad part of it all.

EDIT: What the hell is a graduate using such a painful to read font for? xD 

To make it stand out so you read it without being annoying with flashy colors, I hate when people do that.

Posted (edited)

This is a great change to the Game! Love it! Maybe we can finally sell some of our older costumes to those minions out there xD

They should go for 500.000.000 to 10.000.000.000 each!

$$$ SHOW ME THE MONEY!!! :D $$$

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBS0OWGUidc

Edited by ZappBdot
1 person likes this

Posted

p2w.png

This!

Posted (edited)

My only problem with all of this is that the marketplace prices of the cash shop items haven't been announced yet so it's hard to make a proper judgment on this. I'm hoping this information is released well before the maintenance so that we could have some form of meaningful discussion otherwise they're intentionally making a riot.

Edited by Sleepy

Posted

I'm a little bit in disbelief that you're trying to say this new model is not p2w. It's sad, this game has a lot going for it, and if it carries on like this it's not going to last much longer.

Posted

You can actually see in previous forum posts (sentiments from the company) that states cash shop items will not be implemented. When we agreed to the ToS yes we did enter a legally binding contract that does limit our rights for a lawsuit, however to say that legally kakao is not at fault here too is misinformation. We have laws that protect gamers from these actions now.  Thank god Good Faith law was enacted for another purpose that serves to this same extent, you won't win a lawsuit with it but you'll sure as sh-t get your money refunded.

The grounds for a refund are non-existant since they never pledged to keep this game a certain way, dont get me wrong, you can probably get a refund on recent transactions with the help of your bank but only if you can prove you didnt recieve the "item" in question or if someone did the charge without your permission, but if you have a history of numerous transactions with the same company you can see how your claims would have zero credibility.

Posted

Except that the term "Pay 2 Win" is so incredibly subjective you would never have a legal ground to stand on anyway. And what exactly are you "winning" anyway, which is, again, going to have a VERY subjective answer. Whose definition of P2W do you use in a case? 

You would of course not say p2w when communicating with official parties lol.

you will say you acted on the belief that in the future, there would not be a way for players to exchange real monies for in game currency. your legal ground does not lie with p2w. it lies with the fact that you acted upon something someone said, someone in a position of power ( a CM or whoever made that statement, whom the company was aware of is acting on their behalf when communicating with the players ) , that something turned out to be false.

this is equity son. 

Posted

Instead of making pearl items able to be sold on marketplace, why dont you guys just make it so people can earn x amount of pearls a week/month by doing special dailies/weeklies? It'd be better as the people who cant buy them can earn them by playing the game and doing things in - game, or say make it so you can exchange x amount of loyalties for x amount of pearls per month? That way they'd have to atleast log in enough times to gain enough for the exchange. Make it so they can work hard and earn them, if they dont want to work for it they can just buy it with real money. It also wont really affect the marketplace because they'd be bound to character/family. I'd rather say do some really hard level 50 daily/weekly to get a little bit of pearls than to buy it from the marketplace. If the pearl dailies were to be for lvl 50 and up, that would give people more a reason to level their characters and also actually play the game, making the pearl items tradeable/sellable will allow people to get lots of money and good equipment without even playing the game. Just my two cents, please dont make pearl items tradeable, it'll ruin the games economy.

LOL this is the same logic about the Value pack.All this uproar about 30% off MP blah,blah.Then saying ok well atleast make it for 500 Loyalties a day so we would buy Blah,blah,blah....I like WTF.

P.S. If you really think a item is bad for the game then don't buy it.Please don't say its bad then try to go off to write a plan that is convenient to you.