• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Why, why do you want to kill this game so badly? NO P2W

Posted (edited)

please no :^(

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

Edited by daygus

Posted

You would of course not say p2w when communicating with official parties lol.

you will say you acted on the belief that in the future, there would not be a way for players to exchange real monies for in game currency. your legal ground does not lie with p2w. it lies with the fact that you acted upon something someone said, someone in a position of power ( a CM or whoever made that statement, whom the company was aware of is acting on their behalf when communicating with the players ) , that something turned out to be false.

this is equity son. 

You realize that even with what you've written, someone still has to decide what constitutes pay to win right?

Posted

You've lied to us.

No P2W.

Don't ruin this game.

p2w.png.f480ce5b9fe39f38a23de13b40895b32.png

1 person likes this

Posted

You realize that even with what you've written, someone still has to decide what constitutes pay to win right?

I do, I never once in my post said people would win, but to say they cant even argue is wrong.

There is a case here. You're saying there isnt. And you're underestimating our judicial system, we've been dealing with shit like these since MMOs were a thing.

Posted (edited)

Partly false?

An employee, especially a CM, is responsible for what is said. The company as an entity does not directly communicate with its playerbase, so it is up to the CMs, community managers to be that medium. What is said by the CM, is reasonably assumed to be said by the company as an entity, even if it turned out what the CM said was not a reflection of the company's intention, that has nothing to do is us, the playerbase. We were told something, if that something was wrongly communicated that is between the CM and the company, someones gonna lose their job. 

But we acted and relied on a particular statement when putting money into the game, that does not change. You're about to equity son, Im in law school too, how you gonna pass the bar smh

I'm afraid you're incorrect, I could easely hand wave your claim by reminding you that CMs are DAUM/Kakaos employees (a company which only purpose is to be an intermediary) and the company in which the game revolves around is Pearl Abyss, so there's 2 layers of legal impediment before an "official" statement can be claimed, you can only make PA accountable for what's happening, but people dont understand how this publisher/developer relationship works. To sum up, CMs are the employees of the employees and have no power to say anything that would remotely affect PA in any way, that's why you may hear the usual "the comments or actions of [employee] do not in any way reflect the views of the company, etc, etc", it's just standard company protection from individual (the employees) action.

Edited by Hemuk

Posted

This is absolutely devastating news. I'f they actually go through with this I cant see many players sticking around for long. Including me. Guess I will just have to go back to good old Guild Wars 2. At least I know they wont go pay to win.

1 person likes this

Posted

its not p2w you lots are over reacting, so what if it is? you don't have to play anymore... #butthurt

This is absolutely devastating news. I'f they actually go through with this I cant see many players sticking around for long. Including me. Guess I will just have to go back to good old Guild Wars 2. At least I know they wont go pay to win.

gw2 is pay to win, i can buy gems for real money, turn them into gold.. goto market and buy the best gear... 

2 people like this

Posted

well time to make room on my hard drive then and go back to WoW

1 person likes this

Posted

its not p2w you lots are over reacting, so what if it is? you don't have to play anymore... #butthurt

gw2 is pay to win, i can buy gems for real money, turn them into gold.. goto market and buy the best gear... 

and that best gear is only slightly better than the next best. Further it doesn't even have an effect in PvP. Not p2w for those reasons.

2 people like this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

It has been decided - So it`s final... !?

Regardless of the region ...  - How about e.g. offering special Quests/Events to obtain those items, oh wait, no income generated, forget that idea....

This compromise will ... - So basically you are saying, that i can log-in once a week (for like 10 min.), purchase 5 Pearl Shop items and sell them on the Auction House. Great that you introduced the Value Pack, so I also get apprx. 20% more then before. So, If I do this for 1-2 months, i should be able to purchase all the energy potions I need to roll night vendor untill I get full boss armor (who cares about silver at this point anyway)! What a great catch up mechanic you came up with...

Your feedback ... - Jokes aside, you should have collected enough "data"by now, to know that this is not the right way you have choosen! Prove to us, that OUR feedback realy is paramount to YOU! = NO P2W IN EU/NA!

4 people like this

Posted

Back to WOW for me...this is a smack in the face to all of us who have been playing the RNG wheel of death! You can now just spend real money and then buy all your gear from the marketplace already upgraded oh and lets not forget about the wonderful night vendor that just happened to be added before this announcement. Hate to do the typical but RIP BDO...you are a great game and I bought outfits from the cash shop even with their high price to support the game that would not go to P2W but not anymore...I want a refund. My logic was that WOW charged 15 bucks a month so 2 months of WOW with no content is equal to 1 outfit hmm I can do that. I did it from launch and you just hit me and everyone else that bought pearl items to support a game that would not go P2W. Bye bye...been fun! Oh and my ticket is submitted for a refund so I will wait 2-4 weeks for them to say denied. Another great game with so much potential ruined to greed. Makes the issues I had with WOW seem so small and with Legion coming this month...bye and not looking back Uninstall time!!! Thanks Daum!

1 person likes this

Posted

All this people leaving and yet Heidel is still full of whiners for P2W, like leave already!  LOL @ your protest!

3 people like this

Posted

Buy(pay) costumes -(to)-> exchange for millions of silver to get ahead (win).

Had to spell that one out?

Posted

>;(

13606807_1189599147738558_4284764783985724696_n.jpg

Posted

All this people leaving and yet Heidel is still full of whiners for P2W, like leave already!  LOL @ your protest!

no...just no

Posted

heZzh4m - Imgur.png

Posted

CpCAnnhUIAAULxz.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

It makes me sad you want anyone to quit, like its a good thing that anyone would ever quit. This is the beginning of the end.

1 person likes this

Posted

I bought everything trough paysafe... rip me

Posted (edited)

I am also a lawschool graduate and I can tell you that by claiming you are a lawschool graduate, YOUR statement is laughable. They cannot prove that you are the one who actually agreed to the TOS and it does not require a signature. Someone could be agreeing on your account without your knowledge. The code could be tampered with so that you don't even have to agree to proceed, etc. The possibilities are endless. This is why TOS agreements have been rejected in certain court cases. Please do some research.

/Sigh, that is exactly my point, ToS are useless, you cannot use them as grounds for claim/pledge/compromise since PA never made such thing, and let me remind you that with every right, comes an obligation, the second you avoid the ToS you're officially not involved with said company and thus. . . have no RIGHT to demand the fullfilment of an OBLIGATION.

Edited by Hemuk

Posted

Interesting article http://theinvestor.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160720001024

"Some market watchers, however, said Kakao has been investing in games to use them as a cash cow while shifting its focus into the online-to-offline, or O2O, business that draws potential customers from online channels to physical stores."

1 person likes this

Posted

Since so many find it ok to consistently repost their issues with this newest revelation, I shall do the same.

After all this complaining I have gone from not actually caring whether this update goes through to wanting to see it ingame. I'm tired of all the players that think their playtime/playstyle has more validity than others. I, like everyone else, knew this could become reality, Daum made it clear before launch so if you leave, then goodluck to you, maybe read information prior to commiting. 

As for the update itself, so many have complained that they did not have access to cashshop items and they didn't want to or couldn't afford to charge..now they will get their access and they are still not happy. They want it but they don't want anyone to get anything for providing it, that makes perfect sense.

If someone making a few hundred mill a week more than you 'the easy way' impacts your gameplay to such a devastating degree then perhaps MMO's are not for you.

Posted

costume selling has been in other version for awhile people should of known this... just saying 

So has player to player direct trade... Just saying...

Posted

how is it not p2w?

you can legit make 250-500 mill from 130 euro...  Thats a lot of fancy gear....

1 person likes this