• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

and to join this totally dramatic, salty and possibly stupid af discusion:

rich people cry about p2w status because they won't be rich anymore.

tons of games allow you to buy "premium" items for in-game money and this is actually good thing, letting free players get what they never could otherwise.

don't like changes? i will hold the door.

the problem is not in selling pearl items. problem is you want to buy things instead grind for them. never go back to marketplace and voila, selling pearls have no use. but you are too greedy. perdiod.

They will grind AND pay. It isn't EITHER/OR.

Posted

Players are leaving left and right.  I've seen tons rage enchant and wreck their gear...and quit.  Many have said they charged back everything they ever spent...and quit

Kakao, you really screwed up this time.  Even you have to know that...

Posted

no they Quit

Posted

Literally the biggest load of shit I've read in awhile. And that's surprising given its a MMO Forum. 

ppl are so afraid to admit that their money and time couldve been better spent elsewhere and since they cant go back anymore, they come up with thousands of reasons to justify it instead

u paid over 30 bucks to avoid a f2p business model and now not only did you get a f2p business model you got a p2w one at that. we all deserve better so pls love urselves :( :( T_TTt

Posted (edited)

Today is the last day in Paypal to "cancel" your payment if you made your payment on 6th of Feb. 

I made mine on 6th - and left a request for Paypal to cancel my payments.

I have no intention of playing a game that is turning into huge Wallet-fest. If I can buy my 2days grind with 20euros I dont see any point even in leaving town; If my 2days of work is worth 20euros :/

ce la vie

ps. Run while you can boyz! dont stay here for the Milking.

Edited by Cudez
1 person likes this

Posted

So ... the people this change benefits are the people at extreme ends of the scale.

No lifers (sorry to use the term), who have the time and silver to get and upgrade all the best gear anyway can now get cosmetic stuff they want for "free" without spending real world money.  Or no lifers who also have money can do both/whatever they want.

And people who have very little time but a lot of money can buy cash shop items and make in-game silver to get and upgrade gear.

All well and good.  But the people who miss out, like ALWAYS, are people like me and, probably the vast majority of people (not because I know who plays the game, but because I know what the economy is like in the UK at least and the people who live there).  We have jobs, we work hard and don't have much time.  But we also don't get paid a huge amount.  So we don't have the in-game silver to purchase these items (because, let's face it, they will be expensive on the marketplace if people are spending a lot of real money to buy them), and we don't have the actual money to buy many cash shop items.  So we lose out.

While I'm not against the idea in general - I really would like to be able to buy cash shop items with silver - I think there are many better ways of doing it.  As many have suggested, having an in-game NPC who sells certain items.  Even if maybe it's not all pets, but just some basic options, for a reasonable fee.  

What I'd MUCH prefer, is if they just kept cash shop items in the shop but cut all prices by at least half.  I feel that would be a win-win situation - yes, even for Kakao, because more people would buy items, and rich people would just buy more.  Seriously, at £8 a costume I'd have loads by now.

Whatever they do, they will do.  But even were I totally fine with the way everything were being implemented, the main question that leaves me cold is "what on earth did I pay for when I bought the game?" Because with the exact same cash shop model that KR, JP and RU have now .... well, why on earth didn't we get a F2P game to start?  Then nobody would have complained about anything.  A few more face and hair options for free doesn't equal £30-£50-£100.

I guess you could say that I'm willing to keep an open mind until we see exactly how things work.  But I am disappointed.

Posted

Today is the last day in Paypal to "cancel" your payment if you made your payment on 6th of Feb. 

ce la vie

I bought in later, so I have about a month's worth of cushion. My request is in, I'll give Daum a generous 24 hours to "negotiate," then escalate the claim and be done with it.

Posted

ce la vie

So if I bought everything in June: the game, in-game weight increase, inventory increase, outfits, etc, I can request to cancel those payments? Even though they already took the money out of my bank account? If so I'm going to do it right now.

Posted

So how can I get a refund? Or do I have to open up a dispute via PayPal?

dispute

Posted (edited)

balance the classes or give us awakenings. fix the desync on servers. don't go back on your word and try and get more money out of us.

Edited by Abovethelaw

Posted

So if I bought everything in June: the game, in-game weight increase, inventory increase, outfits, etc, I can request to cancel those payments? Even though they already took the money out of my bank account? If so I'm going to do it right now.

Really depends on how you paid. I went through Paypal, and they have a 180 day window in which you can contest a payment.

Posted

All this people leaving and yet Heidel is still full of whiners for P2W, like leave already!  LOL @ your protest!

Guess you playing on NA, EU servers are half dead now compared to before.

Posted

I've played load of p2w games but I knew they were p2w (and spent thousands euros during the years). This one was told to be b2w with some cash shop items. If they put it p2w at beginning i've would play and spend but changing game's mechanics in this way kills my interest on keeping play. I'll give my money to someone else like nexon, at least they didn't sell me something different than reality :)

Posted

A little something I wrote. Hopefully it will gain attention. I tried to be as unbiased as possible. (Sorry it's so long).

Hello,

I would like to take a few moments to discuss the pending in-game purchasing of Pearl Shop items on NA/EU. As I am sure you are aware, many players have expressed worry with this addition. I would like to raise their concerns, and discuss the issue in a constructive manner.

The pending mechanic in question would allow players to purchase costumes and additional add-on features and sell on the in-game Auction House. The expressed thought behind this is that it would allow players to purchase these add-ons with in-game currency, effectively allowing players who originally could not afford Pearl Shop items to experience them. The majority of the player base believes that this feature would create an economic imbalance, that those willing and able to afford Pearl Shop items can sell them to make enormous profits in-game and outperform others with minimal effort. The majority of players believe that this will reduce enjoyment for the game and create an environment where those willing to spend real money will outclass others.

On the forums, PM_Jouska released an announcement stating that Kakao will limit these transactions to 5 per week. Therefore, the BDO team understands the balance issues this may cause and seeks to mitigate it by limiting the number of Pearl Shop item sales. While this is a step in the right direction, many players are understandably apprehensive and believe that limiting the transactions to 5 per week will not be enough to reduce the inevitable power gap.

PM_Jouska also stated that “adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such [Pearl Shop] content.” None of the Pearl Shop items are necessary to enjoy the game, and the benefits of the items do not create power gaps, or require purchasing to remain competitive. If Kakao and Pearl Abyss do wish players to experience the full Pearl Shop, then they understand that these items are for mostly pure enjoyment, and that there are many ways to allow this enjoyment without enabling the mechanic in question. These include, but are not limited to, Developer creation of more unique looking armor/gear, in-game crafting of the Pearl Shop costumes/items in question, allowing a variety of Pearl Shop items available for Loyalty (or exchange Loyalty for Pearls), and certain Pearl Shop items available as achievement, quest, or play time rewards. Alternatively, the mechanic can remain in place, however, the 5 per week limit would be lowered and/or in-game currency per Pearl Shop item would be reduced (i.e. 25 million compared to 100 million). These features will allow players to gain access to Pearl Shop items and enjoy the items without creating a power gap via real money for in-game currency.

If instead, Pearl Abyss chooses to pursue this mechanic, then it can be argued that the mechanic is for financial gains over player experience. Businesses, of course, need to make money to continue producing, maintaining, and creating, but there are methods of doing so. If Pearl Abyss seeks to earn the most it can financially, there are better business practices that would net better returns. The mechanic in question may increase profits in other areas such as RU and KR, but the NA/EU market is very different in its buying patterns and will not facilitate similar revenue returns. NA/EU will not react positively to the release of this mechanic, and the majority of the player base will leave. Moreover, they will feel slighted, based on past forum posts by PM’s and CM’s such as Jouska that state that the game will never see a “P2W” model. Also, players may feel cheated, purchasing a game with the express understanding that it will not receive a “P2W” model. They may seek refunds/legal actions for the perceived “bait and switch”. No doubt that you have seen posts/messages regarding refunds/legal actions. All of this will lead to a massive decline in the player base, ultimately reducing Pearl Shop sales and profits.

Pearl Abyss can maintain or increase its revenues by keeping its current formula of “Buy to Play” and making the majority of its profit through an ever-expanding Pearl Shop. BDO has likely hit the top of its economic bell curve, as evidenced by the timing of this mechanic release, and will naturally see a steady or reduced revenue stream. Pearl Abyss will understandably have to retrench, but seeking profits through the mechanic in question will not raise the bell curve. It may do so for a time, but it will drop with the decline of the player base as previously stated. Therefore, Pearl Abyss’ best strategy for retrenchment would be to ask the players. Do they want more Pearl items (creating a wider variety of items for players to spend money on)? Do they want reduced prices (enabling more potential transactions)? Do they want a subscription basis? Pearl Abyss as acknowledged by PM_Jouska “are open to the community’s feedback”. Therefore, Pearl Abyss’ best tool for fighting stagnation and increasing longevity belongs in the players’ hands.

BDO was advertised as a “next-generation sandbox”, sandbox implying creation and modification based on player input. Pearl Abyss should encourage player input by molding the future of the game based on player wants. Moreover, they should heed constructive feedback; if the majority of players do not wish for a mechanic to be implemented, then Pearl Abyss should enact their wishes, or change the mechanic to perform in the best interest of players’ wants. Retroactively seeking feedback after implementation of a mechanic or shortly before is ineffective and a misuse of resources. Instead, feedback should be sought before implementation. This can be fulfilled via player in-forum and/or in-game polling, as well as listening to the consensus.

In conclusion, enabling in-game purchase of Pearl Shop items will increase Pearl Abvss/Kakao profits in the short-term, but reduce profits in the long-term. This mechanic will drive away large amounts of players, and discourage future players. There are many other opportunities to increase profits that will maintain Pearl Abyss’ interests, Kakao’s interests, and players’ interests. If the mechanic is for player enjoyment, there are other ways to implement this mechanic that will see the most player enjoyment possible.

I personally love BDO. I have followed the game since its announcement in Korea, anxiously awaiting the day I could play it. It is undoubtedly my favorite game; I have logged many hours and spent many of my hard earned dollars on the game. I would be disheartened to see the player base divided and reduced by this mechanic change, and I regretfully add that I would have to leave the game as well if this mechanic was implemented in a way not satisfactory to myself and the majority of players. I would be without the game I have loved for years. Again, I encourage listening to player feedback for Pearl Abyss and Kakao to continue down the path of excellence.

Thank you for your time.

Thank you for summing up everyone's feelings.

1 person likes this

Posted

120 pages of posts in less than a day, seems like a new record to me.

Posted

bear.jpg

Posted

Kind of pissed that I bought this game that has a blatant free to play model. I do feel cheated out of my cash. This rubs salt into the wounds. 

Posted

door.jpg

Posted

Please do not implement this pay to win model. P2W will kill the player base.

Posted

If this is going in change how many items people can put on Marketplace. I think it should be limited to 2 or 3 items a Month not a week. That way you won't have people abusing it either.

Posted

Really depends on how you paid. I went through Paypal, and they have a 180 day window in which you can contest a payment.

So which option would I choose for disputing the purchase: "I have a problem with an item I purchased" or I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize or was transacted in error"?

Posted

So which option would I choose for disputing the purchase: "I have a problem with an item I purchased" or I want to report a transaction that I didn't authorize or was transacted in error"?

"I have a problem."

Posted

Kind of pissed that I bought this game that has a blatant free to play model. I do feel cheated out of my cash. This rubs salt into the wounds. 

ddispute on PayPal 

Posted

Please Kakao the game was going fine until this announcement, DONT DO IT  

totally agree... we had a nice way starting to play and start to play more on Valencia.. and now, lot of player will quit because on this features. :/

Posted

Please don't do this.