• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

I'll have one with extra salt please!

i want mine with dried virgin tears! i hear they're easy to get here and it's the best kind of salt!

1 person likes this

Posted

pay to win as its best, time to let the stupid brainless cow bleed out.

i paid 100€ per month for stuff in the pearl shop, this ends with this day.

Posted (edited)

What are my grounds for a credit charge back? Has anyone looked into this? Id like to get the money back from my conquerors package as well as several hundred dollars I spent on the pearl shop.

Edited by arrowmusa

Posted

RIP BDO 

PAY TO WIN CONFIRMED
-----ING GREEDY KAKAO - YOU LOST YOUR GAME IN ABOUT 6 MONTHS THROUGH GREED

Posted

RIP BDO

Posted

next step free2play lol

Posted

I don't like it.

Posted

The game should be exactly as the Korean version is. That's how the product properly works.

You take it or leave it. There are many options in the video game market at the moment.

Posted

Who wants to play Legion with me ?

1 person likes this

Posted

@PM_Jouska I can't see how you are calling this a change for the better for the community if the vast majority is against this feature. Stop being greedy.

Posted

It was a fun mmo guys. I really enjoyed playing and put hundreds of dollars into the cash shop and hundreds of hours into playing. But if this happens I'll be gone from BDO along with quite a few friends. I hope this decision is changed but if not thanks for the couple months of fun!

Posted

So to remain competitive, I am going to have to buy 5 costumes per week to sell on the market... so $150 a week to make silver for TET/PEN gears

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you really think that people who plays this game alot havnt already bought everything they wanted? Do you really think a super casual will grind the hours needed to buy these special "features"? No they wont. This is not korea, dont make it like korea

Posted (edited)

No. No. No. I spent over a hundred dollars on this game, and fully intended to spend hundreds more, based on the promise that it WOULDN'T be some pay to win Clash of Clans microtrans...no sorry MACROTRANSACTION game. Enormous let down.

Hey, on the bright side, pirates and sausans won't be so crowded now that everyone's quitting.

Edited by Royal Hammer

Posted

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

Our feedback is paramount? How can you -----ing say that? You guys throw shit in the game that we have expressivly said SEVERAL -----ING MONTHS that we do NOT want.

And hey, How about them awakenings in June? July? Or was it August? Hell, right now it might aswell never -----ing come. This P2W shit is so damn stupid.
WE BOUGHT THE -----ING GAME. This is SO WRONG

This should entitle us to a -----ing refund of our initial purchase since when we bought that you guys said that you wouldnt bring p2w, and yet here it is. False marketing is what that is right there.
Good job.

@PM_Jouska

Posted

Well. 

https://media.giphy.com/media/SfYTJuxdAbsVW/giphy.gif 

On a more serious note, at least it's not the entire cash shop. >_> I will most definitely be stressed about this until I know what the silver price range and limit is. Until then, RIP forums. *puts on sunglasses as a spark sets the forum ablaze once more*

1 person likes this

Posted

I usually dont complain about p2w stuff bc so far is wasnt too bad but this...  NO, just NO. Read the first 3 pages and didnt see a single person happy about this... 

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

Well you just lost me as a paying customer (and I've spent $500 on this game and planned to spend more).  We DO NOT WANT P2W in NA.  The whole reason we came to this game from other similar games is they became P2W.  How stupid are you?

Edited by dawgs4ever
1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

lets admit this isnt about accessibility. If it was you would put it on a vendor. This is about $$$

1 person likes this

Posted

stay tuned for the announcement next week when they exclaim how happy they are to reveal that BDO is going f2p in the west

Posted

Really sad this is happening and I hope this doesn't actually get implemented. This will make the game completely P2W. Please don't make this change.

Posted

LMFAOOO YES!
YES!

Please feel free to read my posts 1-2000 in order for some back story on why I am so happy about this.
Holllyyy shit it's been a long fight guys!

Some back story on how right now is.

I'm walking out to my car to put some crap in it I don't even remember at this point. On my way back to the office, i get a notification on discord from one of my fellow freedom fighters. She said "It's not over yet!!" and posted a link to this thread. I read it on my way back and busted out in laughter. Oh my god what a wonderful age to live in awwww buddy!!!! YES!

I already know, I already knwo there will be salt and p2w screamers and all this shit, all this drives me to say is  YES! KICK THEM WHILE THEY ARE DOWN! MAKE THEM QUIT AND EXILE OUR FORUMS!

This is by far one of the best changes. And a lot of my posts from the past outline why.

This is 100% beautiful. 10000000% beautiful. I'm sure many will disagree but I generally mark them up as uneducated upset people either way, as generally no one could come up with logical rebuttal to my previous arguements (cite forum posts 1-2000 or so).

Thank you PA. Thank you Kako games or who ever, thank you Daum.

We welcome this change with open arms, and welcome the quitting of leaches who don't know their ass from their brain.
Thank you ♥

Posted

FULL P2W NICE JOB THIS IS A NICE NICE NICE JOKE

Posted (edited)

There's no defending this one.

The naysayers were right, unfortunately.

Is PA that strapped for cash?

Wow......

@PM_Jouska you want feedback? Ask PA to implement some kind of in-game voting system that allows players to vote on such HUGE changes once per account. Then and only then will you get an accurate perception of how the community feels.

As for my opinion on the matter, PA just alienated are large portion of the player base with this change. Even with restrictions, those players that can afford to purchase 5 expensive costumes a week will far outpace players that cannot in no time. Even if the limit is lowered to one item a week, it still gives a player a way to directly purchase in game currency with real money. And that, sadly, is p2w, there's no denying that. Imho if you guys at Kakao really care about keeping this game afloat, you need to strongly approach PA and tell them that this is a horrible idea. If not, BDO will become the next Archeage. 

Also take into account how many hundreds, if not thousands, of players are threatening to do charge backs through PayPal. That could amount to millions of lost revenue for you and PA. Regardless of what your return policy is, PayPal will honor their request and may even black list your company as a result.

Edited by OldCuban

Posted

I'm really wealthy in real life and i welcome this change. I don't think it is fair that people poorer than me should have an advantage just because they play more. Thank you Daym Abyss.