• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Asked for one. Don't know about you, but a lot are dying out.

Sigh well shit here we go... Lets see... GW2, ESO, FFXIV, WoW, Runescape, Rift. To name a few.

1 person likes this

Posted

Well Pearl Abyss and Kakao Games will have a lot more money to pay people to moderate their forums and silence anyone who doesnt agree with them :3 if people actually pay them that is. :P

Posted

The refund comments I can understand. But the P2W comments? That's just wrong.

Yea i was reading all these p2w and refund comments and got a notification that that there are new Comments. ME* - Refreshed page and the comments that i was reading Dissappeard. LOL

Posted

Why did it get a warning tho, what was inappropriate about it?

https://i.gyazo.com/5d927038a57daf457e94a9d96581bc1b.png

https://i.gyazo.com/2cabe5d1c376c43a48e0cc62dd653f10.png

And why do posts that just ask for; how to get their money back get hidden too?

I see a different name on the first screenshot, unless you're "Miising" (would also means you're dodging the post restriction).

You're telling people to commit fraud, guess what it not allowed.

Also if you feel like it was unjustified that your post got removed, they're giving you an e-mail adress that you should write to.

So you do admit that the team is hiding behind you? Nice one.

I have no idea what they're doing. In terms of the NA employees, they're probably sleeping. I don't need to ask them to do this right here.

That is absolutely lovely!

I am so happy you took the time to reveal this to us.

How would you feel about moderating an internet graveyard?

Reveal what? That certain post are to be deleted, especially when they already recieved a warning? What a surprise...

Considering how much you people spam, I have a lot more to do than usual, so basically the opposite of an graveyard.

Yeah, we wouldn't accidentally want the free exchange of information, would we? But you just hunker behind that big white shield and act like this is going to blow over, oh ye knight of the forums. Because I've got new for you: it's not. I've been around MMORPGs for long enough to know a game explosion when I see one. And honey? You're living it.

Nothing bad about it, unless you spam the same message over and over again for a hundred times or more, which then is also against rules as. Unless you actually think that with the fraud is perfectly fine.

Posted

It isn't even funny- I loved this game. They just signed it's death note.

3 people like this

Posted

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content. 

You can place NPC who sell costumes, pets, etc... 50mil for costume, 20 mil for pet, for example. This way could give access to pearl shop items for those who could not spend real money. But! You decide to turn BDO into total P2W game. What will be the next step? Kzarka and boss set in pearl shop as in Russian BDO? By the way, this game in Russia is Free to Play and we already gave you 30-100$!

Too much dissapointed. You will kill the best game I ever seen.

Sorry for bad english.

Posted

this

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont get it why are you all crying so much..people who cant/wont spend more money on a game they will be able to buy costumes they like for SILVERS..good for them and good for us who are going to sell it..

Posted

This is the part that everyone is missing. They are doing it so that everyone can have outfits that they want without throwing $1000 a year on this game's outifits. Not only is it smart it is also fair. 
Mabinogi (Which is basically the exact same game but 13 years old and has little to no pvp) has been around for 13 years using the exact same marketing as this. It allows people (like you who don't what to spend 30 dollars on an outfit. *So everybody*) To get the outfit with in-game means. Not only is it fair but it should have been in the game and people have been asking for this since the game came out. People like you who don't want to "buy the game again" for an outfit. 

I don't see how its unfair and promoting p2w when you don't even know how much the items are gonna sell for. They could be only allowed to sell them for under 10mil or even less then that. There are people that make like 300+mil a week just from playing the game itself without these outfits. But you're not gonna complain about them right? Nope those people that fish for like 168 hours a week are not "ruining the game" at all lol.

What's with this apples/oranges argument? Getting a premium item isn't necessary for the game to function. Getting silver to progress *is* necessary. And AFK fishing isn't P2W. Selling items that are bought with money and becoming an embarrasing P2W PVE hero for a month of enjoyment and getting bored is P2W.

Posted

I'm sorry to say but... They don't care at all not even a tiny bit it was all a big cash cow since day 1 this only gives further evidence that they only care about money.

Posted

I see a different name on the first screenshot, unless you're "Miising" (would also means you're dodging the post restriction).

You're telling people to commit fraud, guess what it not allowed.

Also if you feel like it was unjustified that your post got removed, they're giving you an e-mail adress that you should write to.

I have no idea what they're doing. In terms of the NA employees, they're probably sleeping. I don't need to ask them to do this right here.

Reveal what? That certain post are to be deleted, especially when they already recieved a warning? What a surprise...

Considering how much you people spam, I have a lot more to do than usual, so basically the opposite of an graveyard.

Nothing bad about it, unless you spam the same message over and over again for a hundred times or more, which then is also against rules as. Unless you actually think that with the fraud is perfectly fine.

when you stop deleting the post we will stop. We are telling consumers their rights against scammers 

Posted

P2W111.JPG

Posted

HOLY SHIT finaly i can fuk all those no lifers who have played the game 3 month more then me ^_^ 10K euro and i will ----- u all ;)

Posted

Sub system is literally the best model for any mmo, at least 95% of the time it doesnt become p2w, like 90% of f2p/b2p games, but ye better ruin a game...

The B2P system was actually not that bad. Then came along the Value Packs, and now this. The ghillie suits were bearable.

1 person likes this

Posted

I dont get it why are you all crying so much..people who cant/wont spend more money on a game they will be able to buy costumes they like for SILVERS..good for them and good for us who are going to sell it..

That's awfully optimistic of you... Prepare to be disappointed.

1 person likes this

Posted

HOLY SHIT finaly i can fuk all those no lifers who have played the game 3 month more then me ^_^ 10K euro and i will ----- u all ;)

I honestly hope you do.

Shall we meet on the battlefield? I am Loly on Uno

Posted (edited)

This is the part that everyone is missing. They are doing it so that everyone can have outfits that they want without throwing $1000 a year on this game's outifits. Not only is it smart it is also fair. 
Mabinogi (Which is basically the exact same game but 13 years old and has little to no pvp) has been around for 13 years using the exact same marketing as this. It allows people (like you who don't what to spend 30 dollars on an outfit. *So everybody*) To get the outfit with in-game means. Not only is it fair but it should have been in the game and people have been asking for this since the game came out. People like you who don't want to "buy the game again" for an outfit. 

I don't see how its unfair and promoting p2w when you don't even know how much the items are gonna sell for. They could be only allowed to sell them for under 10mil or even less then that. There are people that make like 300+mil a week just from playing the game itself without these outfits. But you're not gonna complain about them right? Nope those people that fish for like 168 hours a week are not "ruining the game" at all lol.

Nearly every post about wanting items from the cash shop without paying didn't include purchasing them from the AH so that the other player could profit. In fact most actually stated they didn't want such a system.

You list Mabinogi and state it has little emphasis on PvP. Well right there is a difference and one of the reason why it is p2w in this game. Further you look at a game like Vindictus, which does similar marketing and it is quite often considered pay2win. Add in that Mabinogi established itself early before massive concern about p2w. This allowed it to get a dedictaed player base with little trouble.

There is a distinct difference between something earned in game and bought with things out of game. I don't expect to get special treatment and skip everything just because I have money to spend.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

People actually have this mentality over this game? "Can't/won't spend more money"? Playing a game isn't about dumping money into it. It's about playing a game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey KID.. heres an Example of why people are mad.. 1 - Players that have already spent hundreds and thousands on this game are not going to be able to sell their used/unwanted costumes/outfits, pets, and all those shlts... 2 - people have spent most of their daily life trying to get a better gear and are mad that Casuals or those people that have the money are going to get ahead of them easily without putting any effort farming their GEAR/SET.... 3 - if they implement p2w this next week. people are going to be able to get an above average within a week or maybe less.... get it now???? 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

“The O2O business, which is considered Kakao’s future growth engine, needs some time to generate profits. The game business appears intended as a temporary cash cow.” said Kim Dong-hee, an analyst from Meritz Securities. 

http://theinvestor.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160720001024

Edited by VR_N4K3D

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance.  After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Package, Outfits, Costumes and Pets will be made available via the Market Place.  We, the Kakao Team, understand the impact of such a change and wish to provide as much information as possible, therefore we are explaining this change in advance to grant clarity.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.  Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.  Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

As we have stressed in the past, your feedback is paramount to us, and that is still true.  We encourage you to share your thoughts on this change as Pearl Abyss has requested.  However, we ask that you do so in a non-abusive but constructive manner.  We will continue to communicate on your behalf, and thank you in advance for your efforts.

-The Kakao Team

You guys are bloody retards and dseerve all the chargebacks you get. Couldn't even last a year. You're a crap CM from a crap company. I guess we should commend your subterfuge as it worked. AA turned out to be shit so of course you being near BDO would lead to more shit. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Huhu

18g9gl.jpg

Edited by AsaKokko

Posted

Nearly every post about wanting items from the cash shop without paying didn't include purchasing them from the AH so that the other player could profit. In fact most actually stated they didn't want such a system.

You list Mabinogi and state it has little emphasis on PvP. Well right there is a difference and one of the reason why it is p2w in this game. Further you look at a game like Vindictus, which doesw similar marketing and it is quite often considered pay2win. Add in that Mabinogi established itself early before massive concern about p2w. This allowed it to get a dedictaed player base with little trouble.

There is a distinct difference between something earned in game and bought with things out of game. I don't expect to get special treatment and skip everything just because I have money to spend.

Not only that!

They essentially made it the most single-player MMO ever!

Posted

People actually have this mentality over this game? "Can't/won't spend more money"? Playing a game isn't about dumping money into it. It's about playing a game.

That'sit

Posted

Some games money is not everything, you get your gear/stuff through pve quests, raids, pvp "points" etc etc.

Here the game revolves around the marketplace and your silver  bar(its not even money really, its just a bar that goes up and down that you upgrade EVERYTHING with) Money is used to repair(shards) its used for failstacks(upgrading) its used for getting the things to upgrade(everything on your person).  So in comparison to other games, this converting real life money into silver is the most basic form of paying to win.