• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

the whinning minority won't change a thing, the happy majority is still playing despite your flimsy effords to lure them into the forums :)

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If JP and KR want a p2w, let them have it. BUT WE DON'T NEED IT! 

We are playing on a b2p, not free to play.

Edited by Yuppi

Posted

Blizzard games forever , i didnt learn a lesson in other games so i guess i will learn it here and now. Not going to support other company especially not from asia. Time to buy overwatch, legion and be exited about new D3 season. Even if Blizzard or activision brought auction in D3 in the beginning of game they listen more community ideas then any other company around. This here is one big lie and disappointment.

Posted

You can limit to 5 items each week, it's still called PAY 2 WIIIIN!

I'm quitting, I swear I'll quit

Get your money back through paypal refund before you close the door, you will nyerk KAKAO and you will get money for another game. WIN-WIN

Posted

I say let the people who truely believe that this is a bad thing go and let them commit fraud to their banks for trying to refund for such petty reasons. Maybe the community will be a lot better with out, overdramatised people who are trying to get their money back only because of a minor change that won't even effect them. So they would rather ruin the game for everyone else by attempting to get full refund instead of just letting them do something so small that people wouldn't even realise. If you all get refunds black desert will soon shut down completely from NA/EU do any of you actually believe that's fair to ruin the fun for everyone only because you don't like something? This is why I believe the community would be better without the people considerin this pay to win. But no one should go to the extent of refunds you all played the game for a few months and you all enjoyed it so why ruin it now. THE ONLY PEOPLE RUINING IT ARE YOU PEOPLE TEYING TO GET REFUNDS. 

O.O NO WORDS i lost my belive in humanity

1 person likes this

Posted

As i know ppl wont read this i just came here to say this : BANANASSSSSSSS...if u read this put a like :D 

3 people like this

Posted

Dear Jouska we have B2P version, not F2P its Not KR>JP,RUS !!!!!! but EU/NA

Posted

So want to give me 50 bucks worth of pearls?

Posted

I don’t get how it would be a better return on investment to sacrifice the playerbase for some semi cosmetic gear which you could implement in another more meaningful way.

Posted

P2W is gonna destroy the game. Please don't do it :- )

Posted

Get your money back through paypal refund before you close the door, you will nyerk KAKAO and you will get money for another game. WIN-WIN

don't get a refund and ruin the game for everyone else. People like you are shutting black desert down for na/eu. Stop it you're not right doing this. 

Posted

As mentioned in the previous post, a version of BDO without the pay to win elements. Being buy to play was PA's expressed condition of removing them. 

The original quotes of such things are being spammed all through this thread, to the point of being on almost every page.

That I do agree with, everybody does have their own definition of pay to win, but the reality of the matter is, wealth directly translates into power in BDO.
The ability to purchase wealth is the ability to directly purchase power.
This isn't a minor convenience, like 10% xp that barely does a thing, or something borderline such as the value pack, but the ability to purchase a direct advantage via wealth.

That's a free full set of boss armor, zaka and enough cash for upgrades and even accessories on the side.
An extra 700 million is plenty.

1. As stated. What they have implemented isn't pay to win by their standard. So you got what you asked for. This is what happens when we don't elaborate, then we use terms that are easy to exploit. You reap what you sow.
  2. Wealth does not directly translate into power. I'd love to see an example of this, as i'm lacking one. Heavily.
  3. I've spent well over 700m in this game. I'm still below 400gs. Please elaborate.
  4. It's an exchange, something you people seem to be leaving out of your argument. Work for work. You speak as if jouska spawns in pen gear and lists it on the market like #Yolo.
  5. Free full set of boss armor, zaka and enough cash for upgrades and even accessories on the side? I'm sorry, what? How many ogre rings have you blown up? Out of curiosity. This is why wealth does not translate into power.
    I'd like you to screenshot pen boss parts on your server that were sold on the AH.
    On my server, there have not even been TET sold items.
    At all.
    Ever.
  6. Please elaborate how wealth translates into power when everyone is governed by the true power which is Probability and Time.

No matter how much wealth you have, the game won't give a damn.
If you ain't destined to get that ring, it will blow up.

Don't care if you got 1 silver to your name or 69trillion silver.
Your chance of success on THAT enchant is the same as everyone elses, given the conditions meet.

1 person likes this

Posted

I think the next best course of action is, as once suggested somewhere in these 145 pages:

If Jouska truly wants the most feedback from as much of the community as possible, implement an in-game poll upon logging in. The poll could be directly in-game, or they could provide a link upon logging in to direct every player to the poll. We all know forums isn't the same thing as the entire community.

What does everyone else think? I don't see any flaw to this, if you do, please explain so

Posted

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

Is this seriously your response to the massive outcry shown by the EU/NA community in the last 24 hours? Your response is to add a sentence implying that because other regions prefer this functionality the EU/NA community should just accept it and move on?

What happened to EU/NA being tailored differently than the other regions? If we will just end up with an exact copy of the other regions why was our version made B2P?

GG though - you managed to fool a lot of people (including myself) with your smooth talk and empty promises over the last few months.

1 person likes this

Posted

If I can now buy helms for my Warrior through the marketplace..I'm in! Woot!

Posted

So want to give me 50 bucks worth of pearls?

You know this is whattheir solution will be.
Since we know deep down that this change is going to be implemented.
Their only solution will be to offer a pearl package to everyone depending on the game package they purshased.

Cos you know, that way they hope they will tempt more people into buying pearls in future.
Just like they did with the value packs giving them away to look like they are trying to do the correct thing, while its actually to draw people in to using the cash shop more.

Posted

I say let the people who truely believe that this is a bad thing go and let them commit fraud to their banks for trying to refund for such petty reasons. Maybe the community will be a lot better with out, overdramatised people who are trying to get their money back only because of a minor change that won't even effect them. So they would rather ruin the game for everyone else by attempting to get full refund instead of just letting them do something so small that people wouldn't even realise. If you all get refunds black desert will soon shut down completely from NA/EU do any of you actually believe that's fair to ruin the fun for everyone only because you don't like something? This is why I believe the community would be better without the people considerin this pay to win. But no one should go to the extent of refunds you all played the game for a few months and you all enjoyed it so why ruin it now. THE ONLY PEOPLE RUINING IT ARE YOU PEOPLE TEYING TO GET REFUNDS. 

That Bullshit.. how can one person be so ...?

Posted

You can pay my share also, buy more from shop, you seem to be happy about all these changes, go fund KAKAO.

And asking Paypal for a licit refund as KAKAO changed the game conditions is not fraud in any way, fraud is what KAKAO forged, and the reason people are getting their money back.

I will laugh my ass hard in few weeks thinking on all the money you wasted for nothing. LOLOLOL.

YOU ONLY HAVE 6 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASE TO ASK FOR A REFUND, BE AWARE GUYS!!!

Posted

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

heres a newsflash for you.

Most people that came to NA and EU to play instead of JP, KR, and RUS left becasue it is P2W. We don't want it, we don't need it and we most certainly do not prefer it.

Posted

How to still play the game and enjoy it: 
This will kill the game. For people  who still want to enjoy the game I would advise you to go to the RU version. RU's 'Premium' server is NOT pw2 and cash shop prices are a lot more reasonable.  
Try to get your money refunded from Kakao due to them not delivering their promised product. 

ps: Watch out to not choose the f2p server in RU (its p2w). Choose the b2p "Premium server"

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

They want players to have access to Pearl Shop Items ?

Very nice idea, add the costumes and pets to an NPC that will sell them for silver ! Great for everyone, great accessibility.

What ? No ? Why ?

Ha i forgot, all of this is about money, not about players accessibility. Nice try Peark Abyss, nice try, 10/10.

Posted

@KitaSan

Yeah you do not understand anything. Let me explain ...

This new "MINOR" feature offers you the possiblity to get 500+ MILLION a week for free. 

Lets say someone wants to farm 500M .. If he is well geared and farms @ sausan he will be doing 10M an hour max.

That means by using your credit card you get 50 play hours or farm hours, which is unrealistically huge.

I mean most of the people do not even play the game 50 hours a week (thats ~7 hours per day).

Why would you airhead consider such changes minor and call the people who will not be able to compete with whales because they do not want to spend the money on the game stupid or bad?
If you go in a restaurant and buy chicken wings and the waiter -----ing gives you salad you will also refund your food.

Get a brain srsly...

Posted (edited)

It does not sound like a full P2W.  The market prices are run by them, not us.  We are still unable to trade items and still need to grind to level.  The more we grind, the more money we make to lvl our items and sell them to make more in game gold.  They are allowing people that were unable to get the costumes the ability to get them.  So it is really down to, Will the prices be good enough to buy with real money and sell on the market to make what you could have made free by grinding for several hrs?  This looks more like a cash grab (or company profit) measure over what everyone is complaining about.

Edited by Riversbend

Posted

Newsflash Kakao Games;

KR/JP/RU != EU/NA

Heard about cultural differences? Sure, you might think you have some indicators this is preferred over there. But it isn't here.

And also, there the game is F2P which is more commonly seen with P2Win cash shops... when you go B2P you leave the cash shop for cosmetic/minor conveniences (like time advancements, etc.) only - you don't give people access to turn real cash into in-game wealth and power.

Release this on EU/NA and you'll have destroyed BDO EU/NA yourselves. And that's disregarding all those threatening to issue refund requests.

1 person likes this

Posted

We are not Korea, Japan or Russia. We don`t like P2W!