• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

isnt that what most people are already doing though? 

No. I already explained, scroll up.

I see your point and raise you what happened on Russia server.
Notorious P2W ranger won a Node war single handedly by himself...3k kills. 
Sure his guild put up a wall of corpses they had to kill in order to try and get to him...

But let that number sink it...

1 player
1 Node war

3,000 kills.

Posted

How is that any different to a no lifer beating on a limited time player trying to catch up? Whatever system you create someone somewhere will beat on someone.

Because the no-lifer devoted time and energy into playing the game enough to get to that point. *Progress*

It's just not FAIR if someone with no knowledge of the game can beat up someone who has invested more time playing the actual game, all because they used their credit card and were able to pre-order/night vendor full boss armor within a month. Being able to enjoy end-game fun (in a korean GRIND mmo) while investing little to no time into actual gameplay isn't how many of us like to play our games. But to each his own.  

Posted

How about introducing another vendor for the pearl shop items that does not require players to use pearls to get instead of players selling to other players.  Problem solved.

NO PAY 2 WIN!!!!

Posted (edited)

In the spirit of constructive criticism like @PM_Jouska requested, here are my thoughts. For context, I love and only play games to PvP.

1: I do not like the idea of being able to "buy" silver by spending real life money. Other features of the game such as pets are convenience based, and I have bought them. The costumes provide a slight advantage over other players with +10% XP bonus, which is large, but it only pays-off if you are grinding. Again, I bought a costume to look cool and gain from the bonus (even though I understood that it gave me an advantage over others that didn't buy one. I felt slightly guilty about this advantage, but for me it was more of a vanity thing. I am a berserker and I was planning on buying the awakened costume for him as well.

2: As a PvP player, I understand what a difference gear can make, especially in a game designed with Gear>Skill element. I am very competitive, but reasonable. I know that a player who plays more than I will be farther ahead. I accept that. You should have to work for your advantages by playing the game. However, implementing a system that will allow players to advance faster with real life money is upsetting to me. We should all be on a level playing field in that regard.

3: The rub. I feel that this change will coerce me into using real life money to stay competitive. I don't like that feeling, or the deception that our build would be different from KR/JP/RU. NA/EU players are pretty headstrong. We work hard for what we get, and we don't want to blur the lines of real life money making a difference.

4: Videos games are a business. Businesses need to make money to stay a float. I bought the game, pets, and a costume. I also have bought horse breeding resets. I have spent more money on this game in the past 6 months than any other game. You are making money, we as a community know that. To me, this feels greedy, and I am taking a stance against the implementation of a game mechanic that allows you to buy silver.

No criticism is constructive without a solution. My solution to the problem: allow players to buy pets, maids, value packs, and costumes off of NPC vendors in the game with silver. People who can't afford, or don't want to pay real life money will have to grind silver out themselves. Personally, I have a full time job and will continue to buy vanity and convenience items through the pearl shop. Time is money, and I can't play all day so it is worth it for me. I know a lot of other players are in the same boat as me. However, the value packs and pearl shop marketplace rub me the wrong way. I don't think they have a place in our build. Please try to find a compromise here. My guild members are already quitting based on your announcement yesterday. That is not fun for me, and if you ruin the community and turn this game into a paying real life money for advancement style I will lose interest.

This is a beautiful fun game, let us enjoy it, earn our keep and advancement through playing the game, not paying for it.

TL;DR Don't implement the pearl shop marketplace for players to buy their advancement. Let us earn our glory.

Edited by Teekz
3 people like this

Posted

Ah pulling the race card., real classy. looks like @Platnum can see through your computer screen...or maybe he was just saying u have the mental capacity of an ape, which at this point I don't disagree.

Race card?
I simply addressed something I noticed.
I have no interest in using race in my argument, which is why it's irrelevant.
I was simply helping him become more aware that the things he say may have repercussions in the future, depending on who he says them to.
To me? I don't give a -----. My race is the human race. I just found it a bit silly.

Anyways. Feel free to ignore what makes sense in that post and target my dismissal of his ignorance lol.

Posted

@PM_Jouska

We payed a premium for this game precisely because we did not want to receive this feature. All the territories you listed have a F2P model, and literally did not pay a dime for the game, where as we payed up to $100. Now you are telling us that what we payed for wasn't actually what we payed for? 

So goodbye to your player/income base.

Well lets be honest... this game has a cheap buy in... putting aside the 1 time conquerors but yes i agree 100%

Posted

Let's say each page of this thread has 25 posts so that's about 3800 responses. Now with that, let us say about 1,900 people have responded saying they do not want this. Say each one of these people spend $30 a month on whatever it is on the cash shop currently. After that, let's put that about 60% of those 1,900 people are going to quit the game entirely or stop feeding you money. That would be about a $34,200 loss of income just from these people in this thread PER MONTH. So overall for a year if we used only this same player base and not adding in additional loss of player base per month which will happen, the company will lose $34,200 a month from players netting to a loss of $410,400 for the year. Guess what employees of Duam? You are going to be losing your jobs also along with the people at corporate. Maybe we should start thinking financially over there and do some loss statistics which are going to inevitably happen.

Posted

I'm going to be a realist here as no matter what these changes wont be reverted, however I'm sure we can all come to a compromise here,
Given that currently if you are able to buy 5 items a week and make around approx 400m after tax proves that this game is definitely heading into the p2w direction HOWEVER I understand that some people including myself do not feel comfortable forking out extra money to buy pearl shop conveniences and would like to do so myself.

So how do we compromise?

I would recommend limiting the amount of cash shop items being sold on the market place to maybe 2-3 items a MONTH, this would give incentive to players who work alot and would like to catch up as well as incentive to those who play alot and farm silver.. in comparison a person who works for a month 5 days a week 7-5pm everyday could not keep up with someone who plays the game as a full time job, they would not be able to keep up competitively in terms of top gear, but this way they could still be very well up there with the top guilds. 

Posted

The solution is so simple. If you want people to experience pearl shop items, let them purchase the items with silver from the pearl shop or an npc without the silver going to anyone else.

2 people like this

Posted

Because they aren't flipping coins.They are enchanting gear.

Different system. Sorry you missed that.

Its really not though assuming your capped on failstacks...lets say Im trying to PRI a weapon at 25 failstacks...52.5% chance of success (for sake of arugment lets assume its a green item)

Player A farmed his blackstone, he has 1 roll..

Player B bought a costume and sold it for 100 mil and bought 300 blackstones...so he has 300 rolls

who has a better chance of success?

Posted

If you play you get... 200 million silvers/week... If you pay you will get  422 million silvers withoup play. Sure, nothing changed :D

But how is this P2W?! You can still get the silver by playing the game normally.

Posted

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

I honestly do understand that part, but does it have to be other players selling those items? Why dont you just implement an NPC which sells the same items for that price? I honestly beliebe that the whole playerbase, including myself there btw, is against that fact just because of the simple reason that other player benefit from that. If no other player gets the money i use for buying that costume, i am perfectly fine with that. I would even pay 200m in silver to get a costume IF, and the reason why i do write this in capslock down is because of the importance that fact has for me, IF NO OTHER PLAYER BENEFITS FROM IT.

That's my opinion on that, greetings.

Posted

Instead of allowing players to post purchased pearl items...

Why don't you make a silver-shop for costume's instead?

Players have more access, and no chance to p2w...

Posted

But how is this P2W?! You can still get the silver by playing the game normally.

because its more efficient to get a second job and grind irl

Posted

kill your own game, do it, seems like that's what every mmo does

they spend years of making beautiful games like this, and then ruin it after only a year , just because of greed

1 person likes this

Posted

The solution is so simple. If you want people to experience pearl shop items, let them purchase the items with silver from the pearl shop or an npc without the silver going to anyone else.

They lied to us from Beta...

They tried to bulls*it us by sugar coating the sh*t in the original post, attempting to gloss over the P2W aspect.

They cannot be trusted. IF they cared about the Players like they just tried to BS us about, they would do your suggestion.

Thankfully the playerbase can see through the charade for what it is.

A Cash Grab.

Posted (edited)

Yeah.......no Kakao. (Can everyone please recognize that Daum no longer exists and the company is now called Kakao?)

Everyone playing already had to pay $30 for the game at least, those of us who wanted to help make this a great game that would last years bought the more expensive packs so that the money could go towards improving the network, server stability, etc. Then once the cash shop started we were "forced" (I know, we don't HAVE to buy the costumes if we don't want to) to pay ~$30 per costume even though they are cheaper in the other versions of the game which are FREE TO PLAY. I started having a bad feeling when Merv's Palette came out and you told us we were going to have to pay monthly if we wanted to keep our costumes dyed the same colors, like a monthly subscription.

Now you're telling me I could have just waited for this random update and not have spent a dime over the $30 base game to get cash shop items. What kind of sense does that make? Are those of us who have already bought most of the costumes for a single class even going to be able to sell the pieces we don't like anymore? Or are you going to say something like they are already bound to that character and there's nothing you can do?

I had high hopes for this company. I was really hoping that you weren't going to turn into a money hungry company like *insert any gaming company name* (Nexon), but not even 6 months after the game FINALLY was released in North America after waiting 2 YEARS, you are already adding in this pay 2 win type of bullcrap. 

If this change is implemented into the game you will not be getting another dime out of me. Mind you I've already spent way too much on this damn game in the first place, but I really enjoyed the amount of detail they added into the costumes and wanted to support them for doing that (even if I have to be an old geezer to be a male wizard....). Now I guess I'll just afk fish and wait for the costume to show up on the market to buy it with in game silver instead. 

Edited by MegaBoy740

Posted

5 people like this

Posted

Its really not though assuming your capped on failstacks...lets say Im trying to PRI a weapon at 25 failstacks...52.5% chance of success (for sake of arugment lets assume its a green item)

Player B bought a costume and sold it for 100 mil and bought 300 blackstones...so he has 300 rolls

EXCEL_2016-08-05_09-47-46.thumb.png.91a4

Chance of success.

Chance- the aspect of your turn, usage, case in which you are attempting to do something.
Success- the construct, object, regarding a measurement/action of accomplishing a task.

"Better Chance Of Success".
Implies that there will be a chance, in which your success will be better.
Please outline in this situation where there is a chance that is better.

Does he have more chances to succeed? Yes.
Does this give him a better chance to succeed? No.

I pray to odin this makes sense.

Posted

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

Posted

Why not give away free costumes if you care so much about those who cant buy them?

I have play so many MMORPGs through the years but this company give by far the most retarded excuses for every idiotic change they do to the game, it's like we can't figure out why they do this now it's all about the money if they cared so much for people who can't afford to buy costumes there was so many other ways to make them available to players without paying real money, they are dirty liars & dishonest scumbags & they deserve to be drugged in the courts & pay for all all the lies they spout on us few months back & make us buy the game & invest so much time for nothing.

Posted

I wouldn't even respond to the guy anymore. All he's doing is taking everything he's ever heard someone say and regurgitating it to others without actually understanding what he's saying himself. I think it's clear he's only for this implementation because it benefits him because he already stated he's going to pump another couple thousand dollars into this game for silver. Leave him be.

1 person likes this

Posted

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

You guys are forgetting that Russia has a premium server and Gamenet clearly and boldly said, that Cash Shop items on Premium server will never be sold on Auction House.

Posted

Does he have more chances to succeed? Yes.
Does this give him a better chance to succeed? No.

I pray to odin this makes sense.

so this is a matter of syntax then? at least you understand my point, I was hoping you were just trolling, at least you proved me right.