• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdtKbq3Omkw

Posted (edited)

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

So, why don't u add NPC and sell that stuff for silver? You just want more money, we all understand that.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

For the same reason, their servers are empty. Enjoy.

Edited by Arshi

Posted

Jouska can not be trusted. See his Archeage activities as the guild leader of Outcry.

Daum cannot be trusted, as they have allowed Kakao to manipulate the game to make a quick buck.

Pearl Abyss cannot be trusted as they have sold out to Kakao in the name of robbing their customers.

This entire operation is full of shady dealings and slimy business handling.

... Just the pure announcement of this has alienated the player base. It's highly unlikely this game will recover.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

oh u know what... i will never buy costumes or "pearls items" from the marketplace

giphy.gif

Edited by Piedino

Posted

5 items are 150$ it's a stupid limit, who is going to spend 150$ each week...

you fail to understand that people in other p2w games drop 2000 a week.

Posted

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

If PA really considered in game accessibility to pearl items as necessary, they'd stick these items on a vendor.

But since they're not sticking them on a vendor, it's clearly just another cash grab.  Prove you care about the community, and do what's right for the community, not what's right for your bank account.

Posted

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

Take a step back and remove this whole mess.

Posted

p2w.png.b2598c289d63cd1124b6be5fb5621acb.png.4a2756b0c64f193e7f9497ff236d6fa1.thumb.png.49ccc826cac3cbcb9827805c0898732c.png

Posted

The probability we are talking about doesn't lie within the function you keep trying to show people. The probably lies outsides of the game itself, it's the number of times the person actually clicks that enchant button and prays it goes through.

Ok well my argument is about this game I'm playing, not pseudoscience beliefs and stuff.
Sorry if I've upset your followings. It's was honestly not my intention to do so.

You keep saying more chances aren't better chances. Whatever, if you want to be a stickler about it go ahead. The fact that someone has more tries at enchanting is an edge, period. There is no denying that more chances at an upgrade is more chances at success, not better but more. You are paying to get more chances thereby increasing YOUR chances at getting an enchant.

Pretty much.
More chances =/= higher chance to succeed.
It's simply more chances at the fixed chance to succeed assuming the fixed rate. 
That's been my point. That's all. Sorry if I explained it goofy earlier.

my argument is that by having these more chances, does not break the game.
This is proven in the friends of ours who succeed after one-10 attempt while we are on our 39th... lol.
This is purely because of the nature of the system of the game.

Posted

So, why don't u add NPC and sell that stuff for silver? You just want more money, we all understand that.

For the same reason, their servers are empty. Enjoy.

uhm you dont know anything about japan,their server is crowded.so,yeah you dont know anything :D

Posted

90 % of your player base thinks this is Fubar in it's current form....

Nintey Freaking Percent.....

Untitled.jpg

which is what? 3% of "boxes" sold? Hardly 90% of the player base.

Posted

This is nothing more than a cash grab. We've seen it dozens of times before over the last few years. Back to DAoC for me! Was SOOOOOO good while it lasted though! This game could have been the greatest.

Posted

uhm you dont know anything about japan,their server is crowded.so,yeah you dont know anything :D

We are not Japan.

P2W NEVER works in Western Markets.

Posted

The intentions were pretty -----ing clear from the start u -----,.you are a bunch of greedy lying shitheads who dont care about what your players think.cuz if you really did care at all, you would have already posted a big apology and told us that this shit is not going thru.But since u already lubed up u might as well ----- us real hard,just dont expect ppl here in europe to play daum/kakao games or trust you again.

Posted

13770324_1674338269555458_8601222209251013653149_1783123071925793_3658925791347513667982_10205334165353176_264575804185013937801_10205334165753186_874806626747013653293_10205334165233173_2019803635165

1 person likes this

Posted

We are not Japan.
P2W NEVER works in Western Markets.

yeah,but you said japan is empty.so,you dont know anything.dont talk to other country with no data :D

Posted

No it won't. BDO KR is one of the most popular games over there and the game is making money head over heels in all regions it's been released in.

I fail to see how that applies to EU or my situation. I remember Arche Age and how it killed the community by making the cash shop even worse than it already was. It is completely irrelevant how popular the game is in Korea.

Posted

In the post time between my last post on page like 154, and now. 6 people in my guild 4 of which being officers are saying they are quitting. It's only 10 AM here. If I have more leave, this will destroy my game and guild.

Posted

Everybody be prepared PEN Kzarka around 450 euros.

Posted

Deleting the game as soones u will add this bull s h i t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted

Ok well my argument is about this game I'm playing, not pseudoscience beliefs and stuff.Sorry if I've upset your followings. It's was honestly not my intention to do so.

Pretty much.More chances =/= higher chance to succeed.
It's simply more chances at the fixed chance to succeed assuming the fixed rate. 
That's been my point. That's all. Sorry if I explained it goofy earlier.

my argument is that by having these more chances, does not break the game.
This is proven in the friends of ours who succeed after one-10 attempt while we are on our 39th... lol.
This is purely because of the nature of the system of the game.

Well at least you admitted it. But the fact that you think probability is pseudo science just shows that you don't much about it at all. Math isn't wrong.

Posted

Hm. No tets listed.

Oh... No tets EVER listed.... Let alone PEN.

People seem to forget that the same people listing these items are subject to the same bottlenecks as the people that want them.

Unless @PM_Jouska is spawning them in and listing them? Maybe Pengy? Is it the Pengy doing it?
Maybe the new CM.

Maybe zaka listed it himself.
Maybe zaka is a female.

give it time, tets will be listed. +16 barely came out.

Posted

In the spirit of constructive criticism like @PM_Jouska requested, here are my thoughts. For context, I love and only play games to PvP.

1: I do not like the idea of being able to "buy" silver by spending real life money. Other features of the game such as pets are convenience based, and I have bought them. The costumes provide a slight advantage over other players with +10% XP bonus, which is large, but it only pays-off if you are grinding. Again, I bought a costume to look cool and gain from the bonus (even though I understood that it gave me an advantage over others that didn't buy one. I felt slightly guilty about this advantage, but for me it was more of a vanity thing. I am a berserker and I was planning on buying the awakened costume for him as well.

2: As a PvP player, I understand what a difference gear can make, especially in a game designed with Gear>Skill element. I am very competitive, but reasonable. I know that a player who plays more than I will be farther ahead. I accept that. You should have to work for your advantages by playing the game. However, implementing a system that will allow players to advance faster with real life money is upsetting to me. We should all be on a level playing field in that regard.

3: The rub. I feel that this change will coerce me into using real life money to stay competitive. I don't like that feeling, or the deception that our build would be different from KR/JP/RU. NA/EU players are pretty headstrong. We work hard for what we get, and we don't want to blur the lines of real life money making a difference.

4: Videos games are a business. Businesses need to make money to stay a float. I bought the game, pets, and a costume. I also have bought horse breeding resets. I have spent more money on this game in the past 6 months than any other game. You are making money, we as a community know that. To me, this feels greedy, and I am taking a stance against the implementation of a game mechanic that allows you to buy silver.

No criticism is constructive without a solution. My solution to the problem: allow players to buy pets, maids, value packs, and costumes off of NPC vendors in the game with silver. People who can't afford, or don't want to pay real life money will have to grind silver out themselves. Personally, I have a full time job and will continue to buy vanity and convenience items through the pearl shop. Time is money, and I can't play all day so it is worth it for me. I know a lot of other players are in the same boat as me. However, the value packs and pearl shop marketplace rub me the wrong way. I don't think they have a place in our build. Please try to find a compromise here. My guild members are already quitting based on your announcement yesterday. That is not fun for me, and if you ruin the community and turn this game into a paying real life money for advancement style I will lose interest.

This is a beautiful fun game, let us enjoy it, earn our keep and advancement through playing the game, not paying for it.

TL;DR Don't implement the pearl shop marketplace for players to buy their advancement. Let us earn our glory.

Couldn't have said it better. Exactly this above is how I feel. And the solution? Perfect way to fix the "problem". 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

don't get a refund and ruin the game for everyone else. People like you are shutting black desert down for na/eu. Stop it you're not right doing this. 

Wow...you must be, like...super stupid, right?

Edited by VeritaTeserus
1 person likes this

Posted

• L
  • I
  • A
  • R

p2w.png.b2598c289d63cd1124b6be5fb5621acb.png.4a2756b0c64f193e7f9497ff236d6fa1.png