• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Game is going B2P2W...

Forum is a schist storm...

Community is split between rebelling and leaving...

gj rip

Posted

Wait you consider that busy? that is massively lower amount of players than normally would be seen, even AFKing.

Did I say It was crowded? It's the middle of the afternoon in Serendia channel. I pick that channel to train my horse because there's less people.

It's still not as dead as you hysterical doomsayer are trying to pretend

Posted

Why do you go on the emptiest channel of the deadest server to take your screenshots?

2016-08-05_15-57-18.thumb.jpg.a1afe1062f

Literally the busiest area of the game and you found... six people

Go to the Velia docks and take a screenshot. There was a time when there would be literally 30+ people standing there.

Posted

Why do you go on the emptiest channel of the deadest server to take your screenshots?

2016-08-05_15-57-18.thumb.jpg.a1afe1062f

Literally the busiest area of the game and you found... six people

Go to the Velia docks and take a screenshot. There was a time when there would be literally 30+ people standing there.

Posted

How so ? Please explain .... o_O

Pretty much the battle has been no one wants ANYTHING that can be purchased with pearls to be sold on the market. The dye I can kind of agree can be sold since it's RNG based on what you get so you can spend $20 and get nothing you can sell. But people are more pissed at this point that the company has changed their stance on what they originally said. Last night two people in my guild broke all his equipment and quit. Mind you I am in one of the top guilds on Uno. I have no clue what has gone on today since I haven't been home. I know everyone on Discord last night was upset and were discussing what games we were all going back to. In the end, with this even being posted more people feel betrayed by the company.

Posted

so basically only a 3 month game lifespan and its gone already, dang fastest mmo drop

1 person likes this

Posted

I do not want this change and can't say I'll be around much longer if it goes through. 

Posted (edited)

Win part is more money for daum , less money for you , and less time for hardcore players what are not going to pay those high cash shop prices to get theirs millions of silver. And dont let them break promises. But as i can see you dont care to being manipulated , typical sheep , go there were you belong pls

How is more money for Daum a bad thing? How is it less money for me? If I don't spend money I wont have less money and If I decide to spend money it is by choice. That's the advantage of not being a NEET.

Why should I, or anyone else, care about the try hard? They're good for nothing cry babies who have always hated this game as much as they hate their life. They cry every week and throw a massive collective tantrum once a month. They've been doing that since even before launch.

What promise are you talking about? This one where it explicitly says that "If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace"?
 Why did you forget to read that thread before buying the game? It date of January 15th. You had a month and a half to read it before launch and you still didn't manage to.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/&do=findComment&comment=167929

How am I being manipulated? I decided to buy a book instead of an outfit yesterday as I will buy an outfit from the AH when they're enabled. Instead of only a book or only an outfit, I will have both of them for the price of one. So much for being manipulated.

Typical sheep? Look at your avatar, tumorbrain. You are the sheep following your little herd of cry babies and parroting crap you don't even understand yourself.

Here's an idea. Take your medication, go wrap yourself for one hour or two in your weighted blanket and when you have calmed down, offer Daum a donation in exchange to not adding "p2w". I'm sure with only a few million they will consider your offer.

Edited by Haishao
4 people like this

Posted

Regarding the updated OP: 

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

Every single region you listed has a f2p model. Please don't extend your presumption of their favorability to our very different situation.

Yes, in free to play models it is common to have a direct cash to in-game currency flow. BDO is not a f2p game in NA/EU, hence you all are getting such backlash.

If you're honestly going through all this, it would mitigate further damage to your company's reputation if you went ahead and made this game f2p sooner than later if you're just going to carbon copy models from other regions.

We're not Korea, we're not Japan, we're not Russia, but if you want to treat us like those regions, you may as well go ahead and make us fully like those regions.

You've lost touch with your player base in NA/EU.

1 person likes this

Posted

Funny when even Athene puts a spot light on this.

they said that cash shop item might be able to be sold in game when it was released

Posted

How is more money for Daum a bad thing? How is it less money for me? If I don't spend money I wont have less money and If I decide to spend money it is by choice. That's the advantage of not being a NEET.

Why should I, or anyone else, care about the try hard? They're good for nothing cry babies who have always hated this game as much as they hate their life. They cry every week and throw a massive collective tantrum once a month. They've been doing that since even before launch.

What promise are you talking about? This one where it explicitly says that "If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace"?
 Why did you forget to read that thread before buying the game? It date of January 15th. You had a month and a half to read it before launch and you still didn't manage to.

http://forum.blackdesertonline.com/index.php?/topic/8038-pm-diary-22-cash-shop-and-more/&do=findComment&comment=167929

How am I being manipulated? I decided to buy a book instead of an outfit yesterday as I will buy an outfit from the AH when they're enabled. Instead of only a book or only an outfit, I will have both of them. So much for being manipulated.

Typical sheep? Look at your avatar, tumorbrain. You are the sheep following your little herd of cry babies and parroting crap you don't even understand yourself.

Here's an idea. Take your medication, go wrap yourself for one hour or two in your weighted blanket and when you have calmed down, offer Daum a donation in exchange to not adding "p2w". I'm sure with only a few million they will consider your offer.

This post made me stop cutting. Thanks dad. Cx

Posted

Very bad idea unless you want to send people back to WOW. Blizzard will be laughing with glee at such a smart move.

Posted (edited)

How am I being manipulated? I decided to buy a book instead of an outfit yesterday as I will buy an outfit from the AH when they're enabled. Instead of only a book or only an outfit, I will have both of them for the price of one. So much for being manipulated.

The thing about it is that part you even highlighted is not really limiting anything. Multiple people that are going to be happy to adopt P2W stated that they wouldn't even reach that limit per week, so they're happy that they still get to dump the same amount of money they wanted to anyways.

Edited by ReverseEffect

Posted

Purchase game to play: $99

Overpay for costumes: $30

Game goes p2w: Priceless, for everything else, there's visa

Posted

Last night two people in my guild broke all his equipment and quit.

God, I would laugh so hard if this system wasn't implemented after all.

2 people like this

Posted

what a waste of my money. i officially quit Kakao. you ruined this game.

Posted

I laugh at you right now for thinking there's even a possibility for that to happen.

Posted (edited)

How about this?

If you are going to implement the system, make the costume box must be opened before players can list it on marketplace so they can post 3~4 items out of 5 in a week.

Also, you could make the individual costume items bit more expensive than the costume box that consists around 3~4items.

Ex. Cavaro set box: total 2900 pearls / Buying Cavaro set Individually: total 3300 pearls

This way, you could at least give disadvantage to players who are planning to get alot of silver coins just by spending money and fair(?) trading system.

Excuse my bad English skill..

Edited by Triaa

Posted

chances of that are slim to none, its been over 24 hours, the ammount of blow back from the community and kakao is on black out mode besides an edit to the OP that made it even more evasive...

Posted

Whoever took this decision, I hope that person suffer alot. Taking away a promising game like this from so many people and splitting so many people away from each other now when everyone is leaving BDO.

Posted

I laugh at you right now for thinking there's even a possibility for that to happen.

So, no laughing :(:(  .... oookkaaayy *goes back to room*

Posted

it doesn't matter at this point.   the value pack was pushing it, this was the last straw for many.  they are gone.  they will not come back.  keep on laughing if that's what gets you off.  me I'm gonna move on from this and go back to subs, far better business model imo anyways.  though I will come back in a few months to see the implosion after more p2w items are added...

Posted

If it wasn't actually put in at all, there wouldn't be a game to laugh at anymore, as then the P2W players would leave as well. Daum made a mistake they can't turn their backs on. And I imagine there's people in Daum's HQ picking up their offices and trying to line up new jobs.

Posted

The game is dead and they want to get the cash out of the players before it dies. This is a company not a place to have fun. The made us buy this game and promised there wont be subs. They didn't earn enough money from the expensive cash shop so they started 30 day premium subs. Still not enough and players started to leave this game. Now they go full force to the p2w scam and milk the players before this game dies.

Thank god the players understand what they are doing and don't like it. The most players will leave because of this shit. You don't belive me? Check ArcheAge! I hope the wallet warriors have fun in an empty game without players. Be prepared to pay even more because many players will leave and they still want to earn money with this game.

Where are you gullible people now? This game is pay to win. You pay cash to get unfair advantages. P2W!!! How will you whiteknights defend it now? I want to see your silly excuses! How do you call it now? Pay to get silver? Pay to get cash? Damn whiteknights do you even realize this game just pissed on its customers? A very good way to kill the playerbase. Do you know why they waited with those changes till now? No one would play this game if they did it at the begin!

This game isn't even running for a year and the players are already leaving because they are pissing on us. Do you think they will make it to a year before they shut the servers down?