• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

@PM_Jouska  Please stop trying to Polish a turd.  Everyone knows that Pearl Abyss doesn't care about making cash shop items "available in game" out of the goodness of their heart.   They feel they aren't making enough money on the game and they want to increase their revenue.   This is a huge slap in the face to the community that you promised and claimed you were working so hard to listen to and ensure the game wouldn't go pay to win.

By doing this you will make the game more pay to win than ArcheAge overnight. 

Here is a bit of a breakdown how bad this cash shop is and how meaningless the 5 item per week limit is:

1) The richest players in the game currently have 300-500 million silver in their bank accounts and it typically took months or quite a few weeks to get.

2) Top tier boss armor or Weapons cost around 200 million each from the night vendor if you get one to proc.

3) If the new cash shop option is implemented you can buy a $30 Costume set and sell it on the market place (quoting KR/RU prices here) for 88-101 million silver. And in NA you can list 5 cash shop items a week. Even after marketplace taxes you make around 400 million silver selling $150 in costumes using the value pack.

4) you can buy 2 boss armor/weapon pieces a week at these prices.

5) In 3 weeks I can buy 6 boss drop items (Kzarka weapon, Nouver offhand, + all 4 pieces of boss armor)
In weeks 4, 5 and 6 I buy 1000 memory fragments, 66 hard armor stones and 34 sharp weapons stones and I get all of my gear upgraded to Tri or Tet depending on how lucky I am.  So in 6 weeks and $900 I have all best in slot weapons and armor.

Even ArcheAge wasn't this bad. buying $30 in apex got you max 1800 gold and the equivalent arche age armor piece in comparison to a boss drop in BDO costs 20k-30k. So there is no way you can't say this isn't pay to win.  This is literally 2 steps removed from putting the top tier armor and weapons directly in the cash shop.

Step 1) Buy Cash Costumes & sell on marketplace. 

Step 2) take silver from sale and buy Best in slot Armor and weapons from the Night vendor.

Even if those prices aren't what they start out as there is no way that you will set the price lower than 1 million silver per $1 because gold sellers are selling 10 million silver for $10  and we know you're not going to set your prices lower than your competition.   So at the very minimum a pay to win player can expect to make 120million silver per week after taxes selling 5 costumes a week.

But in time we all know the marketplace prices will end up being equal to those in the KR/RU markets. 

This is a Backstab, betrayal and slap in the face to around 50% of your player base if not more.  

what server are you on?  3-500 silver is no where close to the top players on uno.  

Wow 2000 sigatures vs 500k plus player base.  .3 percent.  Just a very vocal tiny minority. How many of those are fake?.

Posted

and i just don't care 

dayum.

u str8 savage nignog

Posted

How about you idiots stop trying to money grab and instead hold to the promises you made this community about never being pay to win. and while your at it fix some of your bugs and get an actual customer support.

Posted (edited)

Prime example of what not to do as game developers. Kakao games right now...

Edited by Kagare
Video: not my video click youtube at bottom for link

Posted

Really disappointed with BDO right now...

Posted

If Gamers who are pissed about this have anysince they should set up bot nets and attack the kr servers with ddos attacks, showing them not to ----- with na version :)

Posted

@PM_Jouska I understand that you are just a spokesman in this instance but you must understand the effect this will have/ has had on the community. You are a gamer yourself and I implore you that you fight on our behalf to have this system blocked from the NA/EU versions of the game. This must be rectified before the image of the game as being "Pay-to-win" is cemented in the greater MMO Community. The game being labelled as "Pay-to-win"" will result in a shrinking player base and damage the reputation of one the most successful MMO releases of the year.

Again, I implore you to fight on our behalf and collate as much opinion as you can from these forums and the greater community to give to the decision-maker so that they can hopefully open a line of dialogue with their community. We are stakeholders in this as much any shareholder. This our game as much as the developers. We populate it and we must have a say in the directions it takes. This is not so much a product but a world we helped create. Please help us keep it being that way. 

2 people like this

Posted

If the developers would stop being cowards and talk to us, that would be great; Please down let us down...

Posted

3 people like this

Posted

Its nice to see that this community (often jumping to each others throats over any stupid reasons) can unite in a face of such big and game breaking plans by the publisher.

@PM_Jouska @PM_Belsazar Judging by the amount of negative feed back it would be damn stupid to implement this feature.

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

If its taken the mmo community 7+ years to figure out the Asian mmo marketing strategy of sell b2p/sub at launch swap to f2p in a year and add paid progression. Then the consumer level of intellect is so far below the line here that the only thing that surprises me anymore. Its how in your dark cave where the light of reality never shines your drawn to the glow of your monitors like moths to this forum to feed and act surprised about a now regular business tactic..

ANywhO!

ABOUT TIME!

Edited by Myrken

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

BUT THESE WERE F2P MODELS 

2 people like this

Posted

BUT THESE WERE F2P MODELS 

I will go with this the milking of western markets needs to stop the b2p/sub then switch to f2p needs to stop and this game should have been F2P from launch.

Posted

57a5397e4abee_bgmR2DB1.thumb.jpg.f18f7ec

Posted

@PM_Jouska Maybe if you guys make World boss Gear and other Best in slot gear a lot more accessible, the game will not have this P2W aspect.. Just think about loot it's all about... I'm playing from first day and BDO still the best for me, so please don't give up now :'(

Posted

A response of some kind would be nice...

Posted (edited)

Tera did it and its still alive..... got a Frankenstein to go with that pic? ITS ALIIIIVE! even tho i dont play anymore "glances at collectors ed of Tera when it was a sub meh flings out window" >3>/ knew it would happen but still had fun and will still play BDO.

Edited by Myrken

Posted

what server are you on?  3-500 silver is no where close to the top players on uno.  

Wow 2000 sigatures vs 500k plus player base.  .3 percent.  Just a very vocal tiny minority. How many of those are fake?.

500k lulz, source for those numbers?
Because a month after release there was only 100k people playing our version of the game and that number has probably halved since then. If you're going to make up statistics at the very least make them believable. 

Posted

I quit playing awhile ago, and now I glad I made that choice. I defended Kakao with their borderline pay to win costumes and pets as "they aren't game breaking so it's ok". I was angry at first at the decision to add dyes to the market board but defended them yet again when it turned out actually getting the dyes to sell were rare enough to be a huge waste of money. Now I see they are adding these things on top of it all "because every other version likes it". I can't defend them anymore. The total failure of understanding the NA/EU market, the high pearl shop prices, the disgustingly bad method of "we don't know what's coming in patches until we are implementing them", the seemingly incompetent CMs (not you Aethron, you're actually great at giving information), the feeling of being ignored by the devs, The lack of communication, flat out refusal, or lying about information between publisher and developers (remember Kakao claimed rng level up gains were "here to stay because KR likes them" only to have KR change to static level ups 14 hours later?) and now official pay to win mechanics in a game we had to buy to play... I hope it doesn't since I know there are players that still enjoy your game, but if BDO crashes and burns and you are all forced to close down you have no one to blame by yourselves.

Posted

A response of some kind would be nice...

what do you want them to say? they've made it clear they give 0 -----s what what the community wants

Posted

Tera did it and its still alive..... got a Frankenstein to go with that pic? ITS ALIIIIVE! even tho i dont play anymore "glances at collectors ed of Tera when it was a sub meh flings out window" >3>/ knew it would happen but still had fun and will still play BDO.

Seems you would know a lot about greedy publishers and scumbag P2W players. Hint.

Posted

Because you dont even need gears to win in tera. Skills > gears in tera ! my Priest is using the same gears for the last 2 years! still i cleared the hardest dungeons with my friends,still can pvp for fun ( not hard core ) you just have to try harder with shitty gears.! In BDO shitty gears = lossing,

Posted

Ok people, i just went through 4 pages and saw nobody give an actual example of how this will effect the game at all. Until i see what a pearl shop item sells for on the market this is all ridiculous, childish bs. A $30 pearl shop item will need to sell for hundreds of millions on the market. Who would spend hundreds of millions on a costume instead of a tri liverto? People arn't blowing hundreds of millions 5 times a week on a cosmetic and %10 whatever buff. I've spent $500 on dyes and was able to make 20 million silver off the ones i could sell which i could have made in a few hours grinding, thats why the system works. You kids are suing the grocery store before you even slip on the banana. If i end up wrong then f daum and there mothers, until then there's better things to worry about like your diabetes.

1 person likes this

Posted

I feel that selling pearl shop items should not be included in this version at all! or if it is, HEAVILY limited to like 1 item a week at MOST.