• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm so salty mannnn I didn't know you have to wait 5-6 hours to breed horses again. I DIDN'T EVEN BREED THEM YET. I chose the wrong horse so I wanted to switch, now I have to wait hours again. FML.

Posted

Wow, this is pathetic. Good luck trying to get back up from here, since I don't think reverting the changes would make any difference. You've completely ruined your integrity for the whole gaming industry.

*grabs more popcorn*

Posted (edited)

i cant even bring myself to play, ive just been sitting in town for over an hour talking to guildies...absolutely 0 point to grind in the game anymore, gg kakao, im out

Edited by Lick_MyCrit
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

I do not see NA/EU in this EDIT.

you don't see because he saying those region are accepting and liking the change.  NA is not liking the change.

For me i will be happy to see for the Reason PM_Jouska said. It will allow those that can't afford pear items to have these items now.

I can buy my pets and costume now for silver and enjoy some feature that some can afford with cash.

Edited by Seadyan

Posted

Wow, this is pathetic. Good luck trying to get back up from here, since I don't think reverting the changes would make any difference. You've completely ruined your integrity for the whole gaming industry.

*grabs more popcorn*

ROFL U used "INTEGRITY" and "Gaming industry" in the same sentence! xD

Posted

Since all other regions are F2P, can we be compensated with pearls for the boxes we purchased? 

@CM_Aethon

Posted

has anyone considered that the edit, adding 'maybe' to the 5 items per week, could be increased? Perhaps they considered allowing 5 transactions a week (per family?), buuuut it's better for their wallets if they let people buy/sell 10. 

Posted

gg no re

I can buy my pets and costume now for silver and enjoy some feature that some can afford with cash.

On an empty server :(

Posted (edited)

Its hilarious how NA/EU:

whine about "p2w" but are the ones who pay (pay the most maybe?). if nobody paid then all would be "equal" and "fair", and the trend would go away. (for example, the scamcrates that have become common wouldnt exist if people would just quit buying the damn things. companies will not willingly get rid of them cuz the margins are bloody insane)
Complain about "fair" but are the first ones to cheat. their. asses. off. at the earliest opportunity.

Edited by artlessknave

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

Thank you for your efforts in understanding our concerns in the edit. Big problem is this was introduced into a b2p community not a f2p one. 

1 person likes this

Posted

you don't see because he saying those region are accepting and liking the change.  NA is not liking the change.

For me i will be happy to see for the Reason PM_Jouska said. It will allow those that can't afford pear items to have these items now.

It isn't really a change for them. KR has had it all along. RU has had it almost as long as it has been out there. Same with JPN. The thing is, those markets accept it and think it is good. Scummy p2w/near p2w has never been accepted in the western market and the western market does not view it as good. There are quite a few other ways to accomplish non paying players getting access to pearl store items with bring in something that would cause such an outrage. This wasn't done to do that though. This was done to make a quick buck. The apparent business plan of Kakao makes that quite apparent.

Posted

Weird another Company asking for more money Huh never thought i would see the day.....:D

Posted (edited)

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

You offer a way to get loyalties and use loyalties to buy some cash shop items, why not offer the same with pearls if you are so caring; as it stands, that's not the case. It is understandable that the game does need money for it's multiple variables, but there are different ways to do this that does not involve selling through AH. Here are some to help:

1. Lowering prices on the cash shop
  2. Offer a way to earn pearls through game
  3. Leave it the way it is

We are not idiots. You definitely need to to be in politics @PM_Jouska because that caring nature is in the wrong industry. 

Edited by ZΞ | manic

Posted (edited)

I have no words to accurately express my disappointment in this decision. Among my friends in game, who have collectively spent 1,000's. None will spend a cent until the dust clears. 

And if it turns out that the community shrinks, and the competitive guilds get weaker, and there are fewer of them... we will leave. If pearl abyss thinks this will make them more money, they are wrong. Word of mouth is immensely important to grow a games community, i advise you don't alienate so many customers. 

Edited by Smoldering
3 people like this

Posted

So I am currently a member of BDO and like the game a lot. I am also the community leader for my community. What I have noticed so far on my server since this post from "my" observation:

Day1- Random People selling everything and throwing anything and everything away then quitting

Day2- Small Guilds Imploding, Large Guilds Fracturing and/or leaving.

Day3- I have no clue its still day 2.........@.@  

Posted

I have never replied to any topic on this site ever. But I wanted to voice my opinion this time because how game breaking this would be. I am totally against this, terrible decision.

Posted

Hehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I knew it! I -----ing knew it! This is absolutely hilarious!! This game was a pathetic cash grab from the very beginning. What a joke!

KOREANS NEVER CHANGE

Posted

Hehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I knew it! I -----ing knew it! This is absolutely hilarious!! This game was a pathetic cash grab from the very beginning. What a joke!

KOREANS NEVER CHANGE

what made this funny was when I saw your name was Obama.

Posted

Hehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

KOREANS NEVER CHANGE

racist much? 

1 person likes this

Posted

racist much? 

Not at all

Posted

Even if they revert this change the community will never trust them again, they just killed this game.

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah I completely agree with even announcing this and never going through with it. It still kills the game it's the trust that they violated.  It really sucks because as a person that plays mainly mmo's and am fine with cash shops and such it sucks that you killed a great game before it go to the best part. Us westerners are not ok with p2w and almost none of the community will support it let alone use it. You just killed a community for a system no need in the West will use. I for one have spent 600+ dollars on this game and will not use this system even if it is implemented it's ok in other regions but here we don't want it. 

Posted

At his point i feel its a waste of time to voice recommendation of any sorts, considering this came only a few days after the outrage over the value pack,,,

Pearl Abyss is clearly not listening to its fan-base,,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BDO was one of the most satisfying experience i had in an MMO, not really knowing what to do next i started scrubbing the net and stumble upon a 'Revelation' which i quickly subscribe for the CBT, i visited Tera Online and found that many of my friends where still there, so i created a new char just for fun,,,

I will endure and i will survive, sadly i can't say the same for Black Desert. i my opinion they will quickly lose a large portion of their fan-base which will result in a very empty world, that will discourage others eventually, what shocked me the most in this is that i payed 100USD for this game thinking it was gonna be a B2P model similar to GW2 but i feel deceived and cheated of my money, i will never put out another penny on this company and will slowly lose all interest in this game,

RIP BDO!

2 people like this

Posted

Sigh...