• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Not if they have a job, besides you don't need to buy a year's worth of costumes to buy yourself all BiS gear. It'd take more like 4-6 months depending on RNG.

If they have a job and yet put all that hard earned money in the game they are even more stupid. Yeah with my RNG it would take 5-6 years, I'm sure of that...

Posted

Cerena just got a TET Ogre Ring :D ........ 

I wonder if she or he tries to do a PEN :D

19fc2e1d95.jpg

Posted (edited)

Education.

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Pay to Win is not a Player choice as Players have no choice in the matter of publishers/developers introducing Pay to Win methods into their games It's their decision not ours.
Pay to Win is essentially paying real currency in a game to buy yourself an advantage over other players, Your opinion isn't a good one.

Edited by Medicine

Posted

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Pay to Win is essentially paying real currency in a game to buy yourself an advantage over other players, Your opinion isn't a good one.

That's why I am happy they made this decision, haters will leave the game and it's the best alternative. If anyone's to blame for them making the change it is mainly us, as we did not shop enough. I know only 3 different paths MMO's have taken:
1. Provide gear in cashshop that can't be obtained without buying it from the shop. (Real P2W)
2. Monthly subscription (Yeah, the community would have loved monthly costs on a B2P game)
3. decrease support, stop updating and throw together the international servers

Sellable cashshop items really is the best solution here.

Posted

That's why I am happy they made this decision, haters will leave the game and it's the best alternative. If anyone's to blame for them making the change it is mainly us, as we did not shop enough. I know only 3 different paths MMO's have taken:1. Provide gear in cashshop that can't be obtained without buying it from the shop. (Real P2W)
2. Monthly subscription (Yeah, the community would have loved monthly costs on a B2P game)

Oh, I see your legitimately insane. That's adorable!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

That's why I am happy they made this decision, haters will leave the game and it's the best alternative. If anyone's to blame for them making the change it is mainly us, as we did not shop enough. I know only 3 different paths MMO's have taken:1. Provide gear in cashshop that can't be obtained without buying it from the shop. (Real P2W)

Then there is GW2 which doesn't do any of those and has more western players than pretty much any questionably p2w game in the west. Then there is ESO which, like it or not is not p2w in the slightest and has boasted 2 million active players across all their platforms. Then there are nurmerous other f2p games of various genres that are not p2w that make money hand over fist. So no, sellable cash shop items is not the best solution for this game. It is giving the game a reputation of p2w which does not go over well in the western market.

Edited by Noth
1 person likes this

Posted

please dont put this in the game, my friends will leave and i will stay alone and end up leaving too

Posted (edited)

Then there is GW2 which doesn't do any of those and has more western players than pretty much any questionably p2w game in the west. Then there is ESO which, like it or not is not p2w in the slightest and has boasted 2 million active players across all their platforms. Then there are nurmerous other f2p games of various genres that are not p2w that make money hand over fist. So no, sellable cash shop items is not the best solution for this game. It is giving the game a reputation of p2w which does not go over well in the western market.

GW2 can only do that because of a large fanbase ever before GW2 started, while TESO is FAR more P2W then this option. You have to either suscribe or buy the DLCs which give you gear and skills and new ways of income you cannot access without. So it basically has not only P2W but even itemshop exclusives that give you an advantage. GW2 is a legit example, but as said sadly not comparable to BDO, while TESO was a baaad example for your point.

OFC it is not the best choice overall, but the best one if they intend on making more money, which they definetely are. It is the best choice for players and daum/ kakao or whatever though, a compromise.

Edited by Bossmob96

Posted (edited)

GW2 can only do that because of a large fanbase ever before GW2 started, while TESO is FAR more P2W then this option. You have to either suscribe or buy the DLCs which give you gear and skills and new ways of income you cannot access without. So it basically has not only P2W but even itemshop exclusives that give you an advantage. GW2 is a legit example, but as said sadly not comparable to BDO, while TESO was a baaad example for your point.

I have none of the expansions, yet I am keeping up with gear. I don't get some skills that are largely just pve and fluff skills. So while they are exclusives to the cash shop, they are not real advantages. Not having them has not held me back at all, nor when I did have them (I subbed for a bit) did it give me an advantage over those without.

BTW, you are not going to build a dedicated fanbase in the west with what Daum is doing.

Edited by Noth

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

Pay 2 win - Anything and everything that relates to real $ being converted into game currency which can then be used to upgrade your character more so than someone who does not use real $ to do so. The more $ you throw at the game, the greater advantage you will have over someone who does not. 

Why fish for 70 mil, when you can spend 30$ for 70 mil? You may say, "well people wont /really/ do that" , and to that i say, you're an idiot if you think so. 

Oh but people wont /really/ buy a costume for 70 mil.. If only that were the case. 

Imo - ANY $ converted into game gold = Pay 2 Win. Period. 

If i can BUY millions, i am paying to win. 

If I can BUY something that earns me millions, I am paying to win

Posted

It has already been decided. We can not stop them. This will happen next maintenance. I dont even feel like grinding anymore. Lost of appetite. I feel cheated and lied to. No matter how you look at it. Exchanging real money to get in game money no matter how much is pay to win. Paying to get a little advancement in game or big advancement. But hey, i wont be the one losing job. So go ahead korean developers. Pull the trigger.

Posted (edited)

Simply untrue ESO isn't P2W those DLCs your talking about give you schematics which you can then craft using materials you've acquired through playing the game and you can only craft up in tiers as far as your current level in the required craft allows you to, regarding the skill sets yes those are in fact exclusive to DLCs however as they are optional and are not required to progress through the game at all and do not give you an advantage over other players your entirely false. Have you even played the game before?

Edited by Medicine

Posted

Does Awakening come as DLCs?

Posted

Does Awakening come as DLCs?

Yes absolutely and only for the low low cost of 30$ per classes awakening!

Posted

Why are there so many white knights protecting the game? When they went back on their innitial word, and didn't inform us otherwise whenever they were bought out- this was a direct violation of our trust. People have spent months on this game. Nobody complained when they began introducing waves of new content that quickly inferiorized work that was put into the game prior to the installments. We just wanted a fair playing ground w/ the exception of a few ways to pay for convenience. We had faith that our hard work, time, and money wouldn't be ignored by the developers... this was obviously our biggest mistake. I think that a part of the inner turmoil occurring in each individual who has been hurt by this change is a sadness for the game, but I refuse to care about someone or something that would spit on our loyalty and then reach out a hand for my support. Maybe the people who are looking forward to the p2w have accepted this kind of behavior as normal and are looking forward to being spit on and robbed of there trust... You should know who you're fighting for here and it isn't the people you can trust. 

image.jpeg

3 people like this

Posted

qhw2w0gkghdx.gif?1470466541

Feelings the majority community now. -----ed in the ass.
RU / JP / KR is F2P with p2w but our version is B2P with P2W .... pearl Abyss, you -----ed everything, you beat trion and gamefroge now. 

5 people like this

Posted

Simply untrue ESO isn't P2W those DLCs your talking about give you schematics which you can them craft using materials you've acquired through playing the game and you can only craft up in tiers as far as your current level in the required craft allows you to, regarding the skill sets yes those are in fact exclusive to DLCs however as they optional and are not required to progress through the game at all and do not give you an advantage over other players your entirely false. How you even played the game before?

2 characters on vet 5, stopped with the dlcs because they ruined it completely. I'm not talking about the damn crafting looks, but the new grindzones in the DLCs where you can farm expensive shit more effective than without and also gear unavailable to non-shopers. Let's not even talk about the guilds unavailable to you... You are defending a real advantage over non-shopers but are critizizing this system where the only thing you can do is save time...

Yes absolutely and only for the low low cost of 30$ per classes awakening!

Oh you're lucky you don't mind DLCs then.

Posted

I still don't see the difference. If this is pay2win the game was already pay2win from day 1. You can buy costumes that give you a advantage, luck stats or other stats. You can buy inventory slots, weight limits, which mean you can carry more and have to go back less often to the city while grinding. You can buy pets which make looting a lot faster. In the end all that stuff give you an advantage over players who didn't buy anything.

This change also gives ppl the chance to maybe progress a little faster, if they invest lots of money and if their items are being bought from the market (which is also not a guarantee). You still need to get access to boss armor, still have get memory fragments, which are almost never on the market, still have to have luck to enhance and still have to level your char to 55+. So, that progress will hindered in many ways. I can't imagine it really gives a big advantage to those that have lots of time to play this game and time is also money.. 

2 people like this

Posted

Was good fun to play this game, sadly to see it being ruined by Daum...

1 person likes this

Posted

I still don't see the difference. If this is pay2win the game was already pay2win from day 1. You can buy costumes that give you a advantage, luck stats or other stats. You can buy inventory slots, weight limits, which mean you can carry more and have to go back less often to the city while grinding. You can buy pets which make looting a lot faster. In the end all that stuff give you an advantage over players who didn't buy anything.

This change also gives ppl the chance to maybe progress a little faster, if they invest lots of money and if their items are being bought from the market (which is also not a guarantee). You still need to get access to boss armor, still have get memory fragments, which are almost never on the market, still have to have luck to enhance and still have to level your char to 55+. So, that progress will hindered in many ways. I can't imagine it really gives a big advantage to those that have lots of time to play this game and time is also money.. 

Finally someone who gets it. It will give non-shoppers acessability to many things while only giving limited advantage to shoppers

Posted

Finally someone who gets it. It will give non-shoppers acessability to many things while only giving limited advantage to shoppers

There are better ways to do this. Ways that would actually improve the game overall, and not just milk money from it.