• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@PM_Jouska

Please take a moment and listen to this video. Blade Boques, one of the top promoters of your game through live streaming gives his thoughts on the recent announcement.

He is not intending to leave the game but gives his perspective and reasonable opinion in saying that the game lessens in quality with this change. While there are positives to certain players that is from a certain perspective but in general this is seen as something that makes the game unfair and the type of system that a large portion of BDO players came to BDO to get away from.

Please, Kakao developers, listen to the voices of your customers when they say they love your game so much that it brings them such pain to have a change like this occur. 

Consider revising your upcoming change.

Blade Boques and his BDO announcement reply video:

Edited by Chorrosion
(video was not displaying properly)

Posted

I dont even care if they change their mind or not

nothing changed .... they destroyed the community ...

we dont trust daum anymore...

And i think the biggest problem is not the P2W, of course it is a big problem, 

but the biggest problem is, that how they told us,,, like we are something like retarded stupid player......

They could just add a questline or something like that,,,,,, not what they really want is our money..... 

So i have to say,     Good bye..... 
I liked the game a lot, a liked the community, What a shame you destroyed a very good game...... 

and at the end 

well bye and yes **** YOU!  

xD 

Posted

Lol. What did you expect from  BDO? It's not overwatch or GW2, so it won't last long in B2P model. Especially this game is F2P in other regions, so it was clear from the start that daum will add more "cash milking" stuff to the game. I bet, most of you guys are not so new in mmorpg world, and I am pretty sure you know how some Korean games looks like. :P 

Posted

Stop finding excuse for this update, listen to the players cause now the problem is more like "whether the game pays shit attention to its players or not"

Posted

Lol I don't understand what these fukbois youtubers hope to achieve by repeating the same shit that everybody else has been crying about. Everybody is in it for the money. Even you, youtubers, do it for the money.

It is what it is. What they decide to do with their game, is their choice. If you want to make decisions, release your own god damn game. Please don't tell me about how games needs their player base and bull shit. They need you for your money. If the money stops, they move the ----- on. In this case, daum might lose some players and maybe some refunds but they will make it right back with the rest of the players spending money. This is how it goes in every mmo. Don't like it? Gtfo.

Also, what the fk do you mean "...in August, when nobody else have money left" 

Posted

I feel that they will release awakenings within the next patch or even one more  week .. to let the people lets say 15% the rest of the BDO community stick around cuz no one wants that bullshit this pay 2 stay gay. now they need some excuses in form of new gaming content, oh hey we release awakenings but if you "WANT" you also can buy your awakenings at cash shop its all up to YOU! ..... Michael Schumacher is winning the next Nürburgring race right?

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately I get the feeling that the GM response will eventually be something akin to:

"After careful consideration of the feedback presented on the forums, we still feel it is best to allow all of our players to experience the entirety of Black desert; the availability of pearl shop items on the auction house will enable individuals, who would otherwise not be able to make purchases, enjoy the benefits of convenience items. While we respect the vocal outpouring exhibited by players who are concerned about certain ramifications of this decision, we sincerely hope that our valued customers recognize the positive impact our decision will have on the Black Desert community."

I am bracing for this response, and shudder to think that they will not acknowledge it as a money grab (a necessary or unnecessary financial move, which is besides the point), and rather continue to paint over the graffiti calling it a favor to an extremely limited portion of the BDO population.

For myself, if a miracle happens and a response includes a retraction of the P2W services, it will be too late. Slowly, albeit over a short lifespan, BDO has inched towards a P2W platform. People have drawn their own definitions of what P2W really is, defending or attacking each new implementation. No matter the current state of the game being P2W or not, a lack of implementation of these types of services now would not stop a continued inching march over the gray line of P2W. PA has made their platform intentions clear. I cannot play a game while the possibility of eventual change lingers in the air.

And so, I lay down my staff for all the people who probably don't care too much. Yet as it hits the ground, I hear the echoes of other weapons clanging against an otherwise empty soundscape. BDO will fizzle out, and be a remnant of what it could have been. The damage is done.

Edited by Journe
5 people like this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

People are screaming about P2W in the game without having the full picture of the situation. In fact, we'll only know if will be P2W when we get how much silver the players could make per week with cash. Without this information, the only thing the players can do is speculate and rage.

So, how much Silver do I get for 5 Costume Sets = 14.500 Pearls (130€) per week?

So PM_Jouska, give us this information above, fast. H
ow much Silver do a player can get for 5 Costume Sets ?

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

The response to this is really moving, but even if you revert the announced changes it won't be enough. The damage is done, and no one that played this on the promise it won't go p2w will trust you again.  I, personally, am done. The game was already losing players to RNG and Grind, and now its gone full P2W. Still a good pve game for sure especially after it goes f2p, but the focus of this game is all pvp when it comes to endgame, and silver is the limiting factor on how far you could level your gear(even if the items can't be bought, the blackstones to attempt level ups can be). Being able to gain silver in game with real money kills that for anyone not willing to spend real money to level their gear.(some of you may argue that it may only be a small amount fo silver per week, but lets be real, there is no way they can make money off this move without it being at least the 100m+ a week ballpark, and if it isnt, then it will be in the future)  I've learned my lessons with korean mmos now. AA 2.0 inc. Was fun while it lasted.

Edited by Swabslinger

Posted

Well its fine to buy pearl items with in game currency, you can just drop the marketplace and buy it directly so people can't profit hard from it.

Posted

People are screaming about P2W in the game without having the full picture of the situation. In fact, we'll only know if will be P2W when we get how much silver the players could make per week with cash. Without this information, the only thing the players can do is speculate and rage.

Just take a look. Here are the prices for complete costume and for the cat.

2016-08-06_46483886.JPG

2016-08-06_46518976.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

So PM_Jouska, give us this information above, fast. How much Silver do a player can get for 5 Costume Sets ?

Good point but we can in fact speculate based on two sources of evidence. (1) The ingame dyes which are capped at 5mil a pop. Given this price it is extremely unlikely a costume will cost 5 mil. I doubt that it will cost even as little as 10 mil. (And even if it does, 50 mil is still almost a duo MoS) Furthermore, in some regions I have heard the price was initially capped to 10-20 mil and then that cap was removed a few months later. (2) The second source of evidence we have is the current market in Korea in which costumes are roughly 100 mil each. This kind of advantage is extremely significant and given that pvp is extremely gear dependent it is basically game breaking. Anyway with this you can easily buy a TRI liverto. (And even if non are up the player can use cron stones during the attempts which, while not guaranteeing success does provide a significant advantage.) So I hope you're right to be hesitant before screaming P2W, but I think the evidence certainly indicates the path Kakao games will take which is $$$ for ingame power.

TL;DR: All the evidence indicates the costumes will be a significant chunk of silver enough that players benefit heavily from placing the items on the market.

Posted

RIP.. bring this update and I'm out!!!!!!! I wanna refund already everything I payd in this game!!! Bye bdo, was a good short time

Posted

RIP.. bring this update and I'm out!!!!!!! I wanna refund already everything I payd in this game!!! Bye bdo, was a good short time

i agree i will do the same

2 people like this

Posted

Whether or not the items sell for a lot or a little, the system will be game breaking. 

1. Why put an item up on the market, one that costs roughly $30 IRL dollars, when it will yield almost nothing when converted to in-game silver? No incentive. I could farm for a couple hours to make the same amount, and spend no IRL dollars, if costumes sold for 10M, 15M, etc. They have to sell for a lot to entice people to want to spend real cash on that function.

2. What has already been said. No. No to this entire announcement. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Change doesn't bother me a bit. All of the patches  they do have to be paid for somehow. I do not see many players spending tons in cash shop to sell for silver. Just look at how easy it is now to make money. Just the night vendor alone I have made 500mil plus and still have bheg gloves Ogre ring etc I use that I got from it. Keep in mind I started off with only 40 million when the vendor started and I do not really farm anything now besides the vendor.

So many rants about the change but I am sure the items players post from shop will stay sold out due to players that dont spend cash buying them up fast.

Thanks for a great game BDO has been loads of fun.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Change doesn't bother me a bit. All of the patches  they do have to be paid for somehow. I do not see many players spending tons in cash shop to sell for silver. Just look at how easy it is now to make money. Just the night vendor alone I have made 500mil plus and still have bheg gloves Ogre ring etc I use that I got from it. Keep in mind I started off with only 40 million when the vendor started and I do not really farm anything now besides the vendor.

So many rants about the change but I am sure the items players post from shop will stay sold out due to players that dont spend cash buying them up fast.

Thanks for a great game BDO has been loads of fun.

You must be extremely lucky or I extremely unlucky with the nightvendor. Last two ogre rings that passed me was 176m and 204m, kzarka's at 200+ m = all massivly above the AH price for selling.

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

Dam, What was the loyalty shop for...

This one is going too far

1 person likes this

Posted

Still no reply on the most important announcement since the start of the game

Posted

@bloss

So... you're just being butthurt now, and using this as an opportunity to talk shit?

I'm not quite sure how one 'needs dismissed' though, care to enlighten me?

I highly doubt it will be dead,  it will actually become better with all the crybabies and uncultured douches gone – you included.

All? Where did you get that from? I know for a fact Aethon has been too, stop pulling shit from out of your ass – such a drama queen.

If only you would realise they normally give a few days after certain announcements before they comment on anything – what a dumbass.

Go play with his balls you little -----, must be the highlight of your day to have those queer lips around his tiny yellow -----.

Posted

I didn't pay $60 to purchase this game to have it turn into the free version of kr, jp, and ru like wtf? if they're going to release this then give us a refund for buying your game!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

You will be  getting a refund but, bye! :)

Dam, What was the loyalty shop for...

This one is going too far

? Scrolls.... What have you been using yours on? LOL

Edited by War

Posted

What I meant was they could add items that they think people will need to the loyalty shop, that should solve this going to p2w problem right?

For example those maids should be accessible from the loyalty too

Pretty much, valuable items that players will need in game should also be in the loyalty shop

1 person likes this

Posted

What I meant was they could add items that they think people will need to the loyalty shop, that should solve this going to p2w problem right?

For example those maids should be accessible from the loyalty too

In fact there is a post that said they added things like the Kam Blessing to the loyalty shop instead of the pearl shop to avoid pay to win.

Posted

max of 1 item per month at those crazy prices