• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

• There will not be a magical influx of silver in the economy. The silver still has to be farmed by someone.
  • There will not be a magical influx of highly enchanted gear on the market
  • There will not be magical influx of boss armor and/or boss weapons on the market

1. Doesn't change the fact that you can buy costumes and sell them for silver = P2W because you can gain silver by using your money.

2. There is a lot highly enchanted gear on the market. For example there was PEN grunil helmet. It stayed on the market for hours because nobody had money to buy it. Now they can buy it instantly because they have so much money from costumes they sold by using irl money.

3.That's true, but you can still buy these from night vendor with unlimited amount of silver from cash shop items sold through marketplace.

Posted

They said buy to play, let me laugh !!!!

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

One thing saddens me the most.

All this short term money grab technics kakao performs... clearly (im my opinion) state that they have no longterm plans about Black Desert.

They act like they know this game will die in next few months and trying to pull out of our wallets as much as they can.

They dont care about community feedback, statements they made before, they dont care about good name of company.

It looks like kakao already made their decision in killing BD and moving along, but before this happen the great, shorterm moneysucking begins in wednesday...

I REALLY REALLY HOPE IM WRONG because I wanted to play this great game for a few years...

Edited by Kelai
1 person likes this

Posted

You guys are definitely sinking your ship..You ban people that try to speak up..Is that what you call diplomacy?That only makes u seem like a bunch of petty thieves trying to silence your victims...I've never written in forums on any other game,because i didn't care for it..But this is absurd...You guys had 3 different solutions to the so called "Problem" of not every one being able to access the pearl shop items,ofcourse when you friking charge 30 euros per costume,cut the prices by 50% is one solution,2nd was Give a weekly or monthly quest that upon completion lets people obtain a piece of cash shop outfit.Solution 3 like some one said was give us a night vendor with costumes..But no you didn't think of that did you?Yes you did,but you only though of the way that would make you profit,fill up your wallets and greedy bellies...You guys are petty and a disgrace..You ruined your game,and community that loved your game..It's day No.4 and still not a single answer from you guys,so you guys either sold your shares and fled the country,or just don't give a crap and are having a laugh..

3 people like this

Posted

[...]

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

[...]

Just add the possibility to change silver coin we can earn by bashing mob, sell item ... to pearl for the cash shop and everybody can access at all features.

Posted

1. Doesn't change the fact that you can buy costumes and sell them for silver = P2W because you can gain silver by using your money.

2. There is a lot highly enchanted gear on the market. For example there was PEN grunil helmet. It stayed on the market for hours because nobody had money to buy it. Now they can buy it instantly because they have so much money from costumes they sold by using irl money.

3.That's true, but you can still buy these from night vendor with unlimited amount of silver from cash shop items sold through marketplace.

1. Still not P2W by the friggin DEFINITION of P2W.

2. You nailed it. There was 1!!! PEN Helmet that didn't get sold. I repeat: ONE. How long till you see the second? And: One person already HAS this helmet. Now maybe if someone consolidates cash on his account by selling pearl items, it moves from person A to person B. How is this P2W? You can also simply play and farm 400 mil a week. I'm sure there are people farming more than that. No PEN items on my server so far, at all.

3. You can do that today already if you were smart and used up all character slots for energy from day 1, regularly converting your energy into potions so you have a massive energy base. Having a huge energy pool is better than buying pots from people like me who have more than enough. On top of that: You really think the ability to spend cash to play the RNG is P2W? Really?

If you have an actual valid point, I'll gladly consider it. Again, there is no infinite silver. Due to the enchantment RNG this game is more Luck2Win than anything.

1 person likes this

Posted

@PM_Jouska Completely discard the idea of players selling pearl items through the marketplace. Instead, turn the game into a subscription title (~$20/mo) and make it so that we can purchase pearls from an NPC with silver. ^_^

1 person likes this

Posted

Lets be honest here.
We know that we wont get a reply on this until Tuesday at the earliest.
We know that the reply will still state that this change is happening.
We know that the only thing that will be taken on as feedback will result in "here have some free pearls to shut you up and tempt you to buy more (see value packs)
And deep down we know that withing 2-3 months the game will be made f2p and then fill with bots and hackers.
Sad times for a game that could ahve lasted for many years and made Kakao alot more money than they will make in a few months.

It seems most Korean gaming companies think making 1 million now and none in the future is better than making half that but for the next 1-4 years.

3 people like this

Posted

2 people like this

Posted

@PM_Jouska Completely discard the idea of players selling pearl items through the marketplace. Instead, turn the game into a subscription title (~$20/mo) and make it so that we can purchase pearls from an NPC with silver. ^_^

Tbh I'd much rather do that.But they won't because they are  trying to milk this cow for the last time before it dies..

Posted

Tbh I'd much rather do that.But they won't because they are  trying to milk this cow for the last time before it dies..

Ok, but what if the subscription is $30? Or $35? Or even $40? @PM_Jouska What is Kakao's stance on a subscription model?

Posted

I think this aswell isnt a solution since people that don't have money to spend suddenly can't play this game anymore while it was b2p...

Posted

Daum should jsut make that Gear is only worth for PVE. at nodewars and red battlefield. everyone should get adjusted Stats like:

Witch: 130 AP, 170 DP

Zerker: 90 AP, 280 DP

Warrior/Valk: 100 AP, 240 DP

Ninja/Kuno: 110AP,220 DP

Musa/Maewha: 110AP,220 DP

Sorc: 120AP,200DP

Ranger: 115AP,210 DP

Dude are u on drugs? What kind of stats are those..one class gets 300 other 340?...Get real bro..my ninja has those stats with half a frikin set,and still does no damage..

Posted

I think this aswell isnt a solution since people that don't have money to spend suddenly can't play this game anymore while it was b2p...

They'll find a way.. :v

Posted

Dude are u on drugs? What kind of stats are those..one class gets 300 other 340?...Get real bro..my ninja has those stats with half a frikin set,and still does no damage..

Yes, thats why every class gets a balance in pvp then so noone is "OP" 

Posted

THey have even disabled staff tracker so we couldn't see what they are doing..I guess they are packing their bags and leaving for the Bahamas :D

1 person likes this

Posted

They'll find a way.. :v

lol no they won't, this sh!t is just gonna happen.

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

This is what I will do if this goes ahead,

• I will not be bullied into purchasing in game gold via the pearl store from Daum.
  • I will no longer sell or buy mats, gear, weapons or anything else on the market.
  • I will buy and sell only to NPC
  • I will craft all my own mats and from that weapons and gear.
  • I will craft my own gear/weapons upgrade mats and upgrade my gear/weapons from those.
  • Anything I can not achieve from the first five points, I will simply do without.

Therefore:

"there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers" will now apply to me more than ever since my progression will now be slowed  by 90%

"Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week" If we can expect to see this next week, then why the following statement "We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change" Sounds like a done deal to me??

"Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert."  I have been playing every day since the retail release, I have never used the pearl store, nor have I needed to use it. I only use the loyalty store for my little store treats. Therefore I will assume that Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary for Pearl Abyss quarterly statement, which is purely financial and nothing to do with the in game play quality.

I like so many others do not need to play this game, there are hundreds of other game to play instead, it will be interesting to see now much longer the servers will remain up after this is implemented. 

Edited by Phil
Added the Video
6 people like this

Posted

Yes, thats why every class gets a balance in pvp then so noone is "OP" 

If they really wanted to stop the OP classes they should add a lock on for melee classes.Ranged classes have it so all classes should have it or you know none of the classes should have it.

Posted

Great game you had. Best MMO to come along in a long long time. And you ruin it with broken promises and greed.

Your community is going to desert you, your game is going to dwindle. So ask yourselves, is it worth it?

Posted

"For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items."

In both regions it was f2p from the beginning and they didnt pay 30 Euros or more to start playing. And what have EU+NA to do with the other 2 regions? We get extra penality like the 30% in marketplace versions like the korean one havnt. So why do you argument with "they other have that too".  thats pathetic.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items.

Again...you need to buy this game first before you even can play it - so why you argument now with "possible for all"? So because not everybody can buy your expensive cash shop items (29 Euros für a Costume Set....for this price i can get an other game) you put this feature on? Not you laughing in the face of all the people who grind they gear compeltely by themselfs for hours and hours and hours no you lauigh also at the faces of that ones who already bought your expensive items. 

I want my money back for every purchase i did - because now i can get them in game with bdo gold.

2 people like this

Posted

This is what I will do if this goes ahead,

• I will not be bullied into purchasing in game gold via the pearl store from Daum.
  • I will no longer sell or buy mats, gear, weapons or anything else on the market.
  • I will buy and sell only to NPC
  • I will craft all my own mats and from that weapons and gear.
  • I will craft my own gear/weapons upgrade mats and upgrade my gear/weapons from those.
  • Anything I can not achieve from the first five points, I will simply do without.

Therefore:

"there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers" will now apply to me more than ever since my progression will now be slowed  by 90%

"Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week" If we can expect to see this next week, then why the following statement "We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change" Sounds like a done deal to me??

"Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert."  I have been playing every day since the retail release, I have never used the pearl store, nor have I needed to use it. I only use the loyalty store for my little store treats. Therefore I will assume that Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary for Pearl Abyss quarterly statement, which is purely financial and nothing to do with the in game play quality.

I like so many others do not need to play this game, there are hundreds of other game to play instead, it will be interesting to see now much longer the servers will remain up after this is implemented. 

Then don't play it. You just stated you only paid the initial $30 for the game itself and don't plan to invest another dime into the game, yet they need to maintain servers and staff. So your opinion is irrelevant since you don't contribute to the continued development of the game. Good luck and have fun.

I've already quit the game, but your statements have just made me laugh. "I don't want to help your game with small micro transactions throughout my stay, yet I want my opinion to matter." Is all I read.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wonder if they forget what they said, sometimes when you lie so much you forgot what the lie was in teh first place

2 people like this

Posted

So, how much Silver do I get for 5 Costume Sets = 14.500 Pearls (130€) per week?

haha oh man, so true. If they did enable this renting policy in exchange for silver, TBH I will be all for it. :))

Posted

All you people who cry completely ignore a few facts:

• There will not be a magical influx of silver in the economy. The silver still has to be farmed by someone.
  • There will not be a magical influx of highly enchanted gear on the market
  • There will not be magical influx of boss armor and/or boss weapons on the market

So please, enlighten me... how is the possibility to earn silver by selling cash shop items in any way P2W? The only thing that would make this borderline P2W is if people could buy silver and thus increase the amount of currency in rotation. Why borderline? Because even then there's no unfair advantage to be gained that cannot be gotten by just playing. You all need to read up on the definition of P2W and stop crying. I welcome this change. I'll hopefully be able to have a costume on all my characters without spending a fortune in hard earned cash.

But yeah, I expect this post to be hated since it is so much easier to jump on the bleating bandwagon of angry sheep than using your brains. Baah baah...

It's pay to win because currently the only way to realiably earn a lot of Silver is to put in A LOT of work. Hours a week with high efficiency spending of Contribution Points. Even with extreme dedication to the game, getting 200 million silver a week isn't a walk in the park. With this addition, people who put no effort into the game will be able to surpass those who have dedicated their lives to its economy. Grinding hours a week for silver in order to get the best gear is admirable. Typing in your credit card number to earn twice as much is not. It is not balanced, it is an insult to the dedicated players, and it enables 0 effort to earn maximum rewards. THAT is why it is pay to win. The people who shove their wallets into the screen will always be able to surpass those who don't in terms of wealth, gear, and general in-game success.

If the game wasn't as slow-paced and demanding (in terms of time) as it was, then the effect wouldn't be as great, but it is. You COULD argue that everything attainable is still attainable in-game, but considering how exceedingly important silver is with regards to improving your character, it's not a realistic justification. This is not really an MMO where one gets all the best gear by being lucky. They EARN it with their time and silver. That has been undermined, and the economy of the game has been bastardised.

Assuming the most dedicated, invested players put their maximum effort into the game earn 200 million. That isn't even close (it is estimated most of the costumes etc will sell for 50-100 million apiece) to how much the wallet warriors earn with 5 seconds of effort.

The people who don't pay will now always be at a disadvantage against those who do, as they will never be able to earn as much, as quickly. It is the definition of Pay2Win.

1 person likes this