• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

at least the p2w noobs will have a hard time getting gear or money since silver is only from player base and i don't think a loot of people will give in

Posted

Archage reloaded!!! Thanks for the good time here and bye

Posted

You know, I fail to see how exactly selling costumes and pets makes a game P2W. That's not what pay to win means, at all. Pay to win is when there's weapons and gear that you can only buy for real money that is more powerful than what you can buy or find in game.

Pay to win means that you have to pay to win :) Thats exactly what you will have to do to win versus other players of Black Desert Online.

Exchanging real money to silver ingame = pure pay to win.

Posted (edited)

This had better be the only excuse for more money.

Edited by Kagare
Video: not my video click youtube at bottom for link

Posted

Even if we don't get the p2w system,people are already afraid to recommend the game.

:ph34r:

1 person likes this

Posted

Even if we don't get the p2w system,people are already afraid to recommend the game.

Indeed, and for many of us our wallets are tightly shut from this point onwards if we remain with the game.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is the real issue. It is not whether it is actually p2w or not in the end. It is the perception and the rep that this is creating for the game an Daum/Kakao.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

This part is good (too). Microtransactions "How to"  :D

Edited by Mikroman
3 people like this

Posted

Still no response :D

Posted

Still no response :D

They did have a response. they don't care about our trust and are going ahead with it. they changed the original post as a response.

Posted (edited)

This is the real issue. It is not whether it is actually p2w or not in the end. It is the perception and the rep that this is creating for the game an Daum/Kakao.

Yep, and even worse If someone is thinking to buy the game and see all those youtube videos with titles like '' BDO IS P2W ''/ '' Daum broke their promise,BDO is p2w now''. I don't think they are going to buy the game.

Edited by Hissis

Posted

;-; FUUUUUUCCCKKKKKK

as long as you mean selling new ones, opened and used clothing wont be able to be sold, unless they change that from kr version

oops someone already said this too my bad

Posted

No they will not man , i can now be able to buy best gear ingame whit just money ...and i have plenty of it.

They are not ruining the game , they are just giving people whit allot cash the possibility to buy the best stuff in the game whit real money... welcome to the real world.

you don't have money or else you would hire yourself a tutor.

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

The fact that you think that it's ok to release P2W because other regions "prefer" it just proves how ignorant you are.

Clearly you have no idea that loads of RU's population is playing on EU servers because they got sick and tired of the P2W aspects in RU. There's even KR players on the NA servers because they wanted a game where P2W was no issue.

I'm blocking my paypal forever for Kakao Games and any relation you have or might have with other companies. First class Liar you are.

1 person likes this

Posted

Jouska, let me emphasize that the people complaining are the vocal minority. I personally like the change as someone that wants to be able to earn cash shop stuff in game.

With that said, I think a good compromise would be reducing the amount of cash shop items that can be sold per week from 5 to 3.

Posted (edited)

meanwhile i'm really happy about this.... everyone who is just crying p2w sounds extremely selfish because its not about p2w, the GMs said right there its for people who dont have access to the peal shop and even though i am someone with access, spending real money on things like horse breeding resets get really annoying and with silver it would be so much better. i dont care how much you guys cry p2w, get a refund on your account or whatever because this update is a blessing for me and finally i can save my actual money on better things the resetting my in game horse's birth lmao

Please stop being ignorant. It's about how they can get people to spend more money on the pearl shop to sell for in-game silver. Accessability? For people who can't afford those sort of luxuries? Please. That's the crappier half of a bad excuse. They're jipping us, because in this entire thing, they're going to milk tf out of us for big bucks, especially the lazy bches who sit at home all day and swipe a credit card. This is bad for everyone.

Edited by Rhiozahl

Posted

Jouska, let me emphasize that the people complaining are the vocal minority. I personally like the change as someone that wants to be able to earn cash shop stuff in game.

With that said, I think a good compromise would be reducing the amount of cash shop items that can be sold per week from 5 to 3.

Or put Really low prices for them, 

Posted

How will that help anything? From 500mil silver a week to 300mil silver a week. That's a free Boss armor piece every week.

That's putting a bandaid on a river of bloodflow.

Posted

Vocal minority? We're the people who actually play the game! You're just falling into their trap. "earn cash shop stuff in game" - get real, your silver is going to contribute to a community that will murk you at every left and right.

Posted

Only 75 % of the guilds in the game are now running No P2W Guild Icons...

minority ? 

1185.gif

4 people like this

Posted

This part is good (too). Microtransactions "How to"  :D

yeah! look at wildstar u can earn the cash shop curency simple by playing! (yeah they have a sub which allows u to gain more of the cash curency but still who cares as long as u are able to gain it simple by playing.)

in ffxiv only "p2w" (which in my oppinion isnt rly needed ) is u can "hire" 2 more bank dudes which gives u bank slots for 1,5 eurs monthly.... (yeah insane expensive xD )

Posted

Dear Pearl Abyss/Daum/Kakao,

you are betraying us due to your incompetence to create an attractive and not invasive shop system. You could create a whole environment like in Dota 2 with cool paying stuff that doesn't affect the game balance. I'm thinking about community created costume and artwork in general (splitting the income with creators). You had a chance to eliminate the nonsense of endless gear progression sticking with, lets say, a +16/17 gear. Player ability of mastering a class should be the real gap factor between players. Black Desert is already a Silver2Win game and granting a new way to earn silver spending real money just broke the entire environment (value pack was enought to broke it).

R.I.P

Posted

by the way look at youtube... "black desert" "last week posted" only p2w posts not a single post about gampley etc.

Posted

re tard

Posted

Yea dude, I agree. I like this change - now I can finally be as good as others whom have spent hours grinding and learning the game.

I love the fact that I now am able to send a minor fraction of my huge income and become one of the best players!

To hell with enchanting gear, I'm not gonna spend time no more with failstacking, I'll just leave it to the peasants whom can't afford things like I can right off the bat.

Thanks Kakao for finally implementing something relevant for us spoiled people who can't bother putting time and dedication into the game.

1 person likes this