• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Posted

Daum, this is an awful idea. DO NOT implement this in this weeks patch. So many of us are constantly grinding your game trying our best to get good drops, and honestly if you take away the RNG from BDO, what do you have? I don't understand why you would do something so selfish. It's clear that no one here, or at the very least less than 10% of your players, would be on board with this decision. How are we middle class players supposed to compete with the rich who will pay to out-gear us all? Play to win is going to ruin Black Desert forever. Please reconsider this hasty decision. Thanks.

Posted

The one who told us no p2w model in the eu/na cashshop

IMG_641.jpg

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

So that's why your stance on this is so -----ed up.

You cannot understand the value of money. Spoiled brat. Lmao.

Yeah man, if you decide on it, hope to see ya in game. And yeah, that really sucks cause I never got one either. I'm just going to miss the feeling of accomplishments from the grind.

Just leave it. Lmao

If anyone plays rift then I am on greybriar on NA, I need to resub FF14 and on ESO...well my toons have been gathering dust for some time but maybe its time to dust them off.

I once got asked about how many MMO's I had played so here goes...NB I like many other players out there vote with my wallet, when it stops being fun I get something else and try it...usually after doing extensive beta testing.:

in no particular order: FF14- very nice and may go back, Rift - addicted to crafting and dimensions now, WOW - meh, ESO - too slow, EVE online  - pc at time couldn't cope, Secret world - loved this, Archeage - there are no words...walked away in disgust after 3 days, GW 2 - great fun but run out of time and in game gold and couldn't be the crafter I wanted to be in the time I had, Rappelz - totally addicted -took over my life for 6 years, Elite dangerous - gave up after 3 hours, TEra - beautiful but didn't have enough free time to do it justice, GW 1 - came to this far too late, Lineage - again came to this far to late, Neverwinter 2 - cannot find enthusiasm, Defiance - controls, Allods online - meh, Aion - meh, shaiya - meh, Age of Conan - again too late to the party, and the list goes on and on and on....

The latest entry on this list...BDO - a beautiful and really immersive and player decision based well paced game that I was about to drop all other games for, until it became obvious that it would have a very abbreviated lifespan due financial greed.

That's it off back to minesweeper and Solitaire, and Rift, at least until Chronicles of Elyria opens alpha/beta testing...so burned out on the whole genre I think. Fed up investing time and resources based on false promises...I guess for me this is lesson learned and yet another publisher added to my "avoid at all costs" list.

Going to possibly treat BDO as a single person RPG for a while as feel I haven't quite got my moneys worth out of it but in the meantime, peace out everyone, have fun, happy hunting and may the drops be with you.

Unifex

Edited by Unifex

Posted

at this point I wouldn't be surprised if there is no official response to this, and they proceed to vomit up the patch notes on Wednesday like business as usual.

There WAS an official response to all of this- people just overlooked it. The official response was when they 'polished' the original post announcement removing the entire section that indicated our feedback was paramount to them and was still true and that Pearl Abyss requests we share our thoughts on this change leaving the generic share but be nice verbiage. Here is the pre-polish: 

b9ddaca2c0.jpg

This was a huge official response as far as I am concerned as it took all glimmer of hope that they actually gave a shit about what the western market cared about or wanted out of the equation. 

Posted

P2W are cheaters, and they are no different from the hackers and farming botters that were banned.  

Da fuq Kakao????

2 people like this

Posted

oh, well, if they dont listen, and there plenty to ear, Chronicles of Elyria seems like my next move

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

community’s feedback is 90% against P2W, there,s over 300 page in english only of thoughts and concerns , are you blind ?

5 people like this

Posted

Seems you would know a lot about greedy publishers and scumbag P2W players. Hint.

I've been gaming for a very long time and played many mmos also i have connections in the industry and understand the business tactics being used That does not mean i agree with them. I dislike predatory tactics many companies use today I also dont like P2W but believe pay for equal footing is fair. This is not just because your magical fantasy world is grounded in reality and is a business no matter how much you want to believe your really in Narnia.

It is also because being able to sit at home all day and play a form of entertainment is a privilege most who support the product you enjoy with cold hard real money cannot in reality afford time wise.

The system is ok when gear is obtainable by both sides either with "reasonable time input" or "money"  but is not ok when pushed to far in either direction that it alienates players.

All things in moderation.

And to those who say what about us who work all day and still cant afford time or money wise the game we want to play?

My answer is simple get off the game and get your finances in line it is after all simply a form of entertainment and if you cannot afford any form of entertainment you have far more important things to be concerned with.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

at this point I wouldn't be surprised if there is no official response to this, and they proceed to vomit up the patch notes on Wednesday like business as usual.

This.

AND

Prices will be 5m for costumes. Everybody goes ok this is fine TY KAKAO for listening!!!!

Then in week or two it will be 85m+ cause that 5m was just the base starting price and actual cap is around 100m standard.

Called it.

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

I have no issue with p2w if it's for casuals to have a way to get gear. The issue is the gear gap is ridiculous. It's hard to remain competitive if people can just buy top gear and be untouchable while the rest of the player base has to spend ages to get close to it. You'll end up like Archeage where 10% are unbeatable and everyone says screw it and quits. At least games like GW2 gear doesn't make or break your game play. They have a cash shop as well but nothing that won't allow you to compete with the best.

If you want to go P2W and keep players, reduce the gear gap.

Posted (edited)

I've been gaming for a very long time and played many mmos also i have connections in the industry and understand the business tactics being used That does not mean i agree with them. I dislike predatory tactics many companies use today I also dont like P2W but believe pay for equal footing is fair. This is not just because your magical fantasy world is grounded in reality and is a business no matter how much you want to believe your really in Narnia.

It is also because being able to sit at home all day and play a form of entertainment is a privilege most who support the product you enjoy with cold hard real money cannot in reality afford time wise.

The system is ok when gear is obtainable by both sides either with "reasonable time input" or "money"  but is not ok when pushed to far in either direction that it alienates players.

All things in moderation.

And to those who say what about us who work all day and still cant afford time or money wise the game we want to play?

My answer is simple get off the game and get your finances in line it is after all simply a form of entertainment and if you cannot afford any form of entertainment you have far more important things to be concerned with.

Maybe its not black and white. Maybe most don't want to spend that kind of money on entertamement to be viable in pvp. And have 100' ish ppl Cross the channels wiping everyone at good spots, that aren't in the guild with the whale?

Just maybe there is gray?

Well I'll be dammed...

Edited by Hyppocritten

Posted

ok, I m also gonna say this like many people here

DO NOT IMPLEMENT THIS FREAKING ASSHOLE FEATURE IN THE GAME

we are not going to compromise

That's all!

Posted (edited)

Maybe its not black and white. Maybe most don't want to spend that kind of money o entertamement to be viable in pvp. And have 100' ish ppl Cross the channels wiping everyone at good spots, that aren't in the guild with the whale?

Just maybe there is gray?

Well I'll be dammed...

There is a grey i dont mind spending money but i believe in balance, i want the free players to be able to get gear same as those who work. So at the end of the day when everyone is online the community can all enjoy their experiences together those who pay and those who dont.

I'm a spender but have many friends who play free I brought 5 here to BDO with me, none could afford the game I bought it for all of them and they have more time to play than I is that an unfair trade?

One of us has money the other time we both play the same game Why shouldn't we be able to do the same activities together?

Sadly those of us in the grey are a dying breed everyone swings to an extreme today. Either its this way or must be that way there is no longer balance with that mentality balance will never be achieved, and unbalance will perpetuate in everything you do. So it shows in businesses today, those perpetuating it still cant see why.

Edited by Myrken
2 people like this

Posted

Your update is an insult to our intelligence.  That is all.

Posted

Your update is an insult to our intelligence.  That is all.

Your intelligence is an insult to this update. That is all.

Posted

Boom, The Sir Balin has spoken - All other conversations closed!

As long as people remember me, I will be the great I am.  That is all

Posted

This update offends me and everyone else who bought this game under the pretense it would do whatever it takes to avoid this kind of update. I thought you said sales were going well? If you care about the players having access to cash shop items then make them available in game for an absurd amount of silver as a silver sink and incentive to buy them as a shortcut instead of giving us what you very well know we don't want.

2 people like this

Posted

Dear all, dear @PM_Jouska

I m a true supporter of BDO. The game is still at the moment in the top 5 mmo I've played, and I've played a few ( silkroad, age of conan, wow,  lineage 2, ffxiv, allods , lotr ...).

I understand and support your B2P + pay for convenience model. For me an mmo of that quality, certainly deserve a 30/50EUR purchase, and can justifiy a 10 to 15EUR investment  per month.  I myself bought a pet, and I was about to buy a costume for my Valk. We got great updates with a huge immersive content, it looks amazing and and the combat system is never boring. 

But now what I realized, is that even with this kind of money, and the time I can afford to play , about 3/4hours per day, I will barely reach the top 50% . Of course I don't think that mmo are only about being the strongest dude around. But with the lack of endgame pve/cooperative content of this game, I think for now it is. You grind, you get gear, you explore new zones, you grind, you get better gear, and all along you got those exciting moments of duals, pvp and wars.  And during those moments when you loose, you don't mind too much. You can blame yourself for your lack of skills, but at least you know that the guy who beat you, deserve some respect for obtaining the gear that just kicked your ass. Now even if you actually got killed by someone who got his gear legitimately, since you ll never know for sure, you ll always get frustrated.

I was ready to play this game for years,  I like the grinding, the combat system isn't too boring, the environments are nice, and immersive, you feel rewarded for the time you invest, and the community is great. But now I don't want to grind anymore, knowing that people will get the same and more, in a second. Of course I could afford to spend more money 50, 60 even 100EUR/ month, but I don't think that any mmo deserve that kind of money, and I will not play a game that push towards this kind of behavior .

To conclude, if  this new feature is added you will loose a player, and definitely some potential income. I will simply go back to my classics, invest my 10EUR / month in ffxiv, where I know exactly what I pay for. And I'm sure that the next good looking, immersive , action combat oriented mmo is not far down the road. 

Sincerly yours,

A very disapointed customer.

Well said :) +1

Posted

As long as people remember me, I will be the great I am.  That is all

284_1242839509165.jpg

This.... seems familiar?

Posted

This update offends me and everyone else who bought this game under the pretense it would do whatever it takes to avoid this kind of update. I thought you said sales were going well? If you care about the players having access to cash shop items then make them available in game for an absurd amount of silver as a silver sink and incentive to buy them as a shortcut instead of giving us what you very well know we don't want.

+1 aswell

Posted

Hey guys, if you haven't already, place your votes here and tell your friends, guild members, servers, and channels to vote too! Links are below:

Forum Poll

Facebook Strawpoll

Change.org Petition

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

There is a grey i dont mind spending money but i believe in balance, i want the free players to be able to get gear same as those who work. So at the end of the day when everyone is online the community can all enjoy their experiences together those who pay and those who dont.

I'm a spender but have many friends who play free I brought 5 here to BDO with me, none could afford the game I bought it for all of them and they have more time to play than I is that an unfair trade?

One of us has money the other time we both play the same game Why shouldn't we be able to do the same activities together?

Sadly those of us in the grey are a dying breed everyone swings to an extreme today. Either its this way or must be that way there is no longer balance with that mentality balance will never be achieved, and unbalance will perpetuate in everything you do. So it shows in businesses today, those perpetuating it still cant see why.

Since when does p2w fix broken game mechanics? Its "a bandaid" and a lazy, lackluster, spiteful, and contempt worthy one at that.

The heart of this problem is 1st the developers very incorrect statement that "it is required to spend money in this game" and second the lack of ingenuity on their part to adjust it if that is what they felt was occurring. Fixing someones inability to advance in the game could have been as simple as adjusting an exp bar, adding alternate (non-p2w) ways to gain gear, fixing a boss drop table, decreasing or increasing a multiplier or simply adding items to the loyalty shop - hell even adding more options for gaining loyalty to the game would have been better, less intrusive, and less disgusting ways of fixing this so called issue.  (Were they not tooting their own horn less than 1 month ago priding themselves on the fact that the game WASN'T P2W but -______________- Time2Win??)

At the end of the day - those weren't tactics that were used because they would have required actual thought and action.  Instead they chose to (after altered messaging) poise themselves as saviors of the little guy while really shoveling shit into the mouths of everyone that has held them up since before launch.  

They are not worthy of your defense.

Edited by Trixologist

Posted (edited)

Since when does p2w fix broken game mechanics? Its "a bandaid" and a lazy, lackluster, spiteful, and contempt worthy one at that.

The heart of this problem is 1st the developers very incorrect statement that "it is required to spend money in this game" and second the lack of ingenuity on their part to adjust it if that is what they felt was occurring. Fixing someones inability to advance in the game could have been as simple as adjusting an exp bar, adding alternate (non-p2w) ways to gain gear, fixing a boss drop table, decreasing or increasing a multiplier or simply adding items to the loyalty shop - hell even adding more options for gaining loyalty to the game would be better, less disgusting ways of fixing this so called issue.  (Were they not tooting their own horn less than 1 month ago priding themselves on the fact that the game WASN'T P2W but -______________- Time2Win??

At the end of the day - those weren't tactics that were used because they would have required actual thought and action.  Instead they chose to (after altered messaging) poise themselves as saviors of the little guy while really shoveling shit into the mouths of everyone that has held them up for since before launch.  

They are not worthy of your defense.

I am not defending them I dont like P2W i believe in pay for Equality for those who dont have the time to play as much. That does not mean better gear than is fairly obtainable or worse gear than those who play more. This balance however must be achieved by the games developer in locking gear progression at a viable point.

"Since when does p2w fix broken game mechanics? Its "a bandaid" and a lazy, lackluster, spiteful, and contempt worthy one at that."

I also never stated it fixes broken mechanics and never said I support P2W.

Your first sentence shows you are at the extreme against it however, with an extreme view from only one angle you cannot make a calculated educated assessment of balance.

one who has chosen a side and defends it adamantly cannot weigh both sides of the perspective with unbiased view and see a way to fix the problem at hand.

Edited by Myrken

Posted

This thread has been "hot" for days now! @PM_Jouska @CM_Aethon @CM_Praballo @CM_Tytyes Handle with caution or you will be hurt!

Seriously.... I understand you guys need some time (that's some reading material you have been given since Thursday!) but, you don't need ages to get the substance from these posts: your community, made of customers (let's remind it, BDO is not free-to-play, we all are customers), does NOT want this change to the cash shop items.