• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

I left the game 20 days after launch. Was planning to come back today and i see this lol.

Back to FF14. Cya

Posted

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

What about that fancy mechanic that rewards players with a special in game currency that allows players to enjoy different Pearl Shop items? Naaaah, let's just make it so people can sell stuff for in game gold in a massively competitive MMORPG so they can get better gear faster and skip all the grind, the only thing there is to really do in the game!

Posted

Foreigner needs to 'go back to school' to learn how to quote.

Foreigner needs to learn how to upload images correctly – ain't clicking that shit.

Foreigner needs to learn how to type in proper English when addressing Your Highness.

I do not buy a €100 sweater because I am not a bloody foreigner.

Foreigner's example is shit, because if I was to answer using your sweater example, you would fail on your side of the argument.

Does foreigner need me to...

break

it

down

for

him

?

You are old enough to be my grandad, yet you talk like a kid – foreigner needs to 'grow up'.

Why so much hate against people not from NA?

Posted

What about that fancy mechanic that rewards players with a special in game currency that allows players to enjoy different Pearl Shop items? Naaaah, let's just make it so people can sell stuff for in game gold in a massively competitive MMORPG so they can get better gear faster and skip all the grind, the only thing there is to really do in the game!

They know that there are a lot of stupid ppl out there with tons of money that they will spend a fortune with this in game p2w mechanic in the upcomin few months before this game goes complete dead due to p2w

Posted

this is falls advertising and i think it is world wide a crime. I want a full refund of the game and my pets!

Posted

after over 9k posts from THEIR community

their answer is silence? -----ing daum/koreans.

Posted

after over 9k posts from THEIR community

their answer is silence? -----ing daum/koreans.

they are silent because they don't give a ----- about the players. 

Posted

What the koreans as a nation did to you? xD

Posted

Will you at least make the gameffort free to play and lower the pearl shop items to the same amount in Japan version?

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

No. I will be logging off UNTIL this goes away. If it will be implemented, you will never see another dime from me. No value packs, no costumes, nothing. There are thousands of other directions you can go to get money. Perhaps develop content; since you call yourselves developers. Or maybe just release some of the content that JP is already privy to, but make it pre-order or something.

You stood to make a lot of money from me, but you've betrayed my trust, everyone's trust. For that, I do not wish you well. May a better game take your place should this come to pass.

DO IT.png

5 people like this

Posted

@BruceBeef

Your not very good at this quoting thing are you ?
How's another screenshot for ya ?

https://s10.postimg.org/lnfxtke9l/trew.jpg

Now if you excuse me, I got a flight to catch

https://s9.postimg.org/8mtro81e7/trew.jpg

She said that she left to a more populated game and then provided a pic which contained just her and someone (Probably a NPC) in a wide empty space, and you expect me to believe her?

Posted (edited)

She said that she left to a more populated game and then provided a pic which contained just her and someone (Probably a NPC) in a wide empty space, and you expect me to believe her?

FFXIV Is a much more populated game and extremely well done (With no P2W). Unfortunately the combat system is tab targeting and not as action packed as BDO. With that being said I would have no problem going back to FFXIV or WoW if they do decide to roll out this P2W. I'm already super excited for Demon Hunter release tomorrow for WoW. I'd like to mention I wasn't even considering ordering legion but I preordered it 3 days ago and then found out that DH was being release early to those who preordered. An event that would've never taken place if Daum/Kakao decided to stay true to it's word.

Edited by TheBlackMamba
2 people like this

Posted

See you guys on Legion

3 people like this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

You do realize that this is complete bull shit right? Pearl Abyss should know by now that P2W is not our style in NA.

The excuse "Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert"  should be reworded to say

"We will be implementing the KR P2W features in next weeks patch. This will insure us the funds needed to launch our next big game with slightly better servers. As many of you have noticed we where cheap when building servers to run BDO. For our next title we will be sure to at least go with the bare minimum requirements needed to run the game making for a slightly more enjoyable gaming experience."

The excuse given would be fine if it where followed up with something like this

"Because we have stated previous that we will not be implementing P2W features in our version we have asked Pearl Abyss to implement these items in a different way for our version. We are happy to announce that with the upcoming patch players will now be able to purchase pearl shop items for in game currency via the day time vendor located in each major city"

2 people like this

Posted

I for one think this is a great mechanic comming out. Some people have productive lives outside the game that require time spent away grom black deseet, some of us dont even get 4 hours a day to play. And ontop of that, some of us want to spend that luttle time available doing pvp not gathering and grinding. So here is a list of reasons why this is NOT bad:

Gold sellers will not benefit, the money still goes to bdo since there is no trading. 

This said money helps fund daum  (or whoever) to make our playing experience better and more stable.

Yes, it is pay to "win"  but this is an mmo, you will never win... just continue to play.

Ontop of that... 100 mill could make someone insanely op if rngesus is with them... other wise 1 billion could leave them full pri and depressed. Rngesus is the ultimate equalizer.

This is just a giant cluster of kids complaining that things aren't going their way. The only way this game dies is if kids get their way and tantrum this game to the ground... but I have faith that we have enough adults

2 people like this

Posted

This made my day, cheers guys ;) lololol

5 people like this

Posted (edited)

I for one think this is a great mechanic comming out. Some people have productive lives outside the game that require time spent away grom black deseet, some of us dont even get 4 hours a day to play. And ontop of that, some of us want to spend that luttle time available doing pvp not gathering and grinding. So here is a list of reasons why this is NOT bad:

Gold sellers will not benefit, the money still goes to bdo since there is no trading. 

This said money helps fund daum  (or whoever) to make our playing experience better and more stable.

Yes, it is pay to "win"  but this is an mmo, you will never win... just continue to play.

Ontop of that... 100 mill could make someone insanely op if rngesus is with them... other wise 1 billion could leave them full pri and depressed. Rngesus is the ultimate equalizer.

This is just a giant cluster of kids complaining that things aren't going their way. The only way this game dies is if kids get their way and tantrum this game to the ground... but I have faith that we have enough adults

I don't even think your worth even responding to but here I am responding,  so all the top BDO players with streams who are ADULTS, who have spoke their minds are all kids complaining? 90% of BDO population are kids? Alright bro. You keep thinking that P2W game will survive, go find one P2W game that has surived in NA. Most recently AA? Lol if you like playing with whales and enjoy being in a massive world with 10 other people then yes this is for you.

Enjoy spending couple grand and then right when u think ur competitive they announce server mergers and then the decommissioning of servers.

GG Bud 

Edited by TheBlackMamba
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I honestly cant wait until wensday.

Edited by SunRunner

Posted (edited)

Well, now that somebody mentioned streamers,...

I could argue that one of the reasons they are not happy with this is because less money in the pockets of their followers is less money in the donation box. Also, since many of them need to grind endlessly to provide "quality content" on their channels, they are now facing the possibility of competition or getting constantly owned by other players while streaming live. But I will give everybody the benefit of the doubt and I will think that a great portion of the streamers are hard working, hard studying, honest and dedicated people.

I dont expect PA or Kakao to change this. Yes, it might not be pretty and it might not be what we expected, but I still love this game and I enjoy myself doing whatever it is that I decide to do every time I have a chance to log and play.

After seeing posts full of emotion, insults and overall immaturity, I suggest we start compiling solutions and not problems if we really want this fixed.

If you want to rage quit and delete your hard earned items in a tantrum, go right ahead. But dont use your streams to incite others to do it. Be mature enough to either accept what it is or move on.  

Edited by Liaranne

Posted

I could argue that one of the reasons they are not happy with this is because less money in the pockets of their followers is less money in the donation box. Also, since many of them need to grind endlessly to provide "quality content" on their channels, they are now facing the possibility of competition or getting constantly owned by other players while streaming live. But I will give everybody the benefit of the doubt and I will think that a great portion of the streamers are hard working, hard studying, honest and dedicated people.

I dont expect PA or Kakao to change this. Yes, it might not be pretty and it might not be what we expected, but I still love this game and I enjoy myself doing whatever it is that I decide to do every time I have a chance to log and play.

After seeing posts full of emotion, insults and overall immaturity, I suggest we start compiling solutions and not problems if we really want this fixed.

If you want to rage quit and delete your hard earned items in a tantrum, go right ahead. But dont use your streams to incite others to do it. Be mature enough to either accept what it is and move on.  

sure, I will think that a great portion of the streamers are hard working, hard studying, honest and dedicated people.

And after seing people get better gear in a week with p2w, they will simply leave

2 people like this

Posted

If you want to rage quit and delete your hard earned items in a tantrum, go right ahead. But dont use your streams to incite others to do it. Be mature enough to either accept what it is or move on.  

At no point in this post do you talk about the broken promises (which made people buy this game in the first place).

Do you know what a buy-to-play game is?

Do you know what a sub game is?

Do you know what a p2w game is?

Yes thats 3 things in one, and its not a kindergarden egg.

Welcome to black desert online

1 person likes this

Posted

At no point in this post do you talk about the broken promises (which made people buy this game in the first place).

Do you know what a buy-to-play game is?

Do you know what a sub game is?

Do you know what a p2w game is?

Yes thats 3 things in one, and its not a kindergarden egg.

Welcome to black desert online

yeah ur right! i bought it only bcs it sayd no p2w! not for graphics not for mechanics and ofc not for the stupid rng.

Posted

Seeing it was me that posted the original screenshot, your now failing at identification as well.
I'm just going to file you under " Forum Troll " and move on.

Posted

What level of jump the shark have we reached here? While I don't mind being able to get costumes off the marketplace it is bothersome to be able to skip the grind entirely by swiping the credit card. Compared to the shenanigans PA's previous incarnation pulled with C9 (to which BDO is a spiritual successor complete with a class that was scrapped from C9) things aren't as bad. Yet. I despair that we're headed that way.

Posted

lemme explain my feelings about this thru one canadian band... ----- your manners srsly