• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

The blackout on communicating after this announcement is pathetic..

Posted

That's irrelevant. The person stated that he did not plan to invest another dime into the game after paying for the initial game, so quite honestly myself and probably daum doesn't give a damn about him. It's a business.

That being said, this game wasn't intended or developed for a b2p model. It was fully designed to be f2p with p2w elements. They only made the game b2p initially to make more money since for some reason the western audience hates f2p. Anyone who thought this game was not going to be p2w at some point down the road is actually completely naive and pretty autistic. It was designed to be that way, so it was an eventuality. Stop complaining about it. Quit or keep playing. It's staying in the game.

Posted (edited)

I just have to say. The change is slated to go live in 2 days. We have had a large amount of community response surrounding the announcement. 
The least of which are the this very forum and the mega thread over at reddit. 

I find it negligible to not provide recognition to the community's tremendous response. Regardless on what actually transpires patch day.  The community team, not acknowledging the response this announcement has inspired is a mistake.

I do understand the fear that anything said by the team at this point would just fuel the fires. But you have left the community in a horrible state. We don't know what is going on with this sudden and shocking announcement. We want an update on the direction of the game. 

Is it going somewhere we don't want it to from this point on? 

Edited by Whatwhat

Posted

The blackout on communicating after this announcement is pathetic..

because their tiny brains cant process the fact that 90% actually dont want this

Posted (edited)

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

Well here are my honest thoughts on the whole idea...
My honest opinion

Edited by CombatKiller
typo
1 person likes this

Posted

I think you may be missing the point. The game was advertised as a b2p. There were several instances some in video even where they said they were not going the p2w route. If it had been advertised as p2w many would have passed it up. This is why people are upset. Granted I said in previous posts it does not affect my play style (as I had no expectations) but I can see why it would upset people. To quote Alanis Morissette "It's a free ride when you've already paid."

And yes it was b2p for a while but like very other -----ing online game out there, this game is  changing product. Every patch, and every  update CHANGES the game. You purchased a game that was subject to change and that has never been a secret, However, for some strange reason you think that this game has to stay within your boundaries of interest... the people who run this game need to make a living to so they are implementing a feature that makes them more money. Nothing wrong with that. You dont have to continue to play but they dont have an obligation to give anything back to anyone and they are not in the wrong.

Posted

And yes it was b2p for a while but like very other -----ing online game out there, this game is  changing product. Every patch, and every  update CHANGES the game. You purchased a game that was subject to change and that has never been a secret, However, for some strange reason you think that this game has to stay within your boundaries of interest... the people who run this game need to make a living to so they are implementing a feature that makes them more money. Nothing wrong with that. You dont have to continue to play but they dont have an obligation to give anything back to anyone and they are not in the wrong.

The game's payment model was well within profit margin. There was even people that stated they paid for things monthly. People that have sunk in hundreds (thousands for some). The game does have to stay within the majority of the customer's interest (you're being small minded here) in order to be successful. A long term relationship between consumer and business makes a much better profit than a short term cash grab. On top of that, they actually are in the wrong, breaking the trust of a consumer is very wrong in business. When that money runs out and the games are making money slower and slower, how are the servers going to even survive? How much longer do they have?

Posted

The game's payment model was well within profit margin. There was even people that stated they paid for things monthly. People that have sunk in hundreds (thousands for some). The game does have to stay within the majority of the customer's interest (you're being small minded here) in order to be successful. A long term relationship between consumer and business makes a much better profit than a short term cash grab. On top of that, they actually are in the wrong, breaking the trust of a consumer is very wrong in business. When that money runs out and the games are making money slower and slower, how are the servers going to even survive? How much longer do they have?

Only time will tell if it was a wise move or not lol. But giving us the freedom to spend some money in exchange for not giving up my few hours being a pve care bear... i'm satisfied... and ive never been satisfied.

Posted

Note: I didn't say anything about refunds. And if you may have missed this part of my previous post but it is buried pretty far back:)

I'm not quite as angry as most people here. However I had no expectations when I came into this game as mmo gaming is new to me (yea call me a newb, pleb whatever). I do however understand a few things:

• as a software engineer I understand that investors need to be paid
  • as a player I understand that the work people put in should not be disregarded
  • lose the player base = lose of revenue
  • that said however  people need to be paid
  • this is the dirty part of IT and balancing these 2 things can be tricky

Let me also add that it's fine if they need to make money I just feel that putting on the market as one thing and then switching it something else is bad business...especially if you "know" your customer base.  Software engineering PM class 101....understand what the user wants/needs understand what the investor/sponsor wants/needs.... I will continue to play as I mentioned this change doesn't affect me as I am a life skills player. When "enter life skill here" simulator 2016 becomes not fun anymore I will move on to another game. Yes I am that person who supplies crafting stuffs and spends hours training horses:)

3 people like this

Posted

Note: I didn't say anything about refunds. And if you may have missed this part of my previous post but it is buried pretty far back:)

I'm not quite as angry as most people here. However I had no expectations when I came into this game as mmo gaming is new to me (yea call me a newb, pleb whatever). I do however understand a few things:

• as a software engineer I understand that investors need to be paid
  • as a player I understand that the work people put in should not be disregarded
  • lose the player base = lose of revenue
  • that said however  people need to be paid
  • this is the dirty part of IT and balancing these 2 things can be tricky

Let me also add that it's fine if they need to make money I just feel that putting on the market as one thing and then switching it something else is bad business...especially if you "know" your customer base.  Software engineering PM class 101....understand what the user wants/needs understand what the investor/sponsor wants/needs.... I will continue to play as I mentioned this change doesn't affect me as I am a life skills player. When "enter life skill here" simulator 2016 becomes not fun anymore I will move on to another game. Yes I am that person who supplies crafting stuffs and spends hours training horses:)

Fair enough. I don't think ur opinion is stupid or ignorant. We just have a conflict of basic interests nothing wrong with that (:

Posted

Only time will tell if it was a wise move or not lol. But giving us the freedom to spend some money in exchange for not giving up my few hours being a pve care bear... i'm satisfied... and ive never been satisfied.

..until you run into people that spend more than you, since the rest of the population will be gone. It will be who's the bigger whale.

1 person likes this

Posted

..until you run into people that spend more than you, since the rest of the population will be gone. It will be who's the bigger whale.

Buzz-and-Woody.jpg

go play FF... dont bother us with your stupid opinion

Posted (edited)

Ok your full of assumptions lets break this down. 

Let me state this "YOU" WILL NEVER EFFECT THE PROPER CHANGE FOR "ALL" will not happen never will.

YOU CAN HOWEVER, reach an accord with both sides and get a level of change that is adequate and compromise can be met.

IF HOWEVER YOU ARE THE SOLE DECIDING FACTOR OF THIS CHANGE FOR ALL then it is not a adequate compromise for all but a FORCED PERSONAL PREFERENCE.

This is why in court they try to get a unbiased jury so a true fair verdict can be reached.

I never stated that one at an extreme cannot see the others point of view that would be untrue. However one with an extreme point of view also cannot make an unbiased decision for they are inherently biased. This is why mediators exist even for large corporations today.

THIS IS ALL CONJECTURE as the change has yet to happen. Also by "this change" I'm going to assume and I try not to do that, but you weren't very descriptive you mean P2W which Ive already stated more than once I'm against as I would rather have paying players have equal opportunity as playing free players. Time available to each must be considered here to create that equal opportunity.

If by chance your stating that I'm implying I should be better geared with money because I purchased my friends their copy's of the game then by now its quite obvious you have missed the point behind my post entirely and should reread it until what I'm saying dawns upon you.

THIS is ladies and gentlemen "cough forgot we dont have those on the internet" BOYS AND GIRLS AND...... O_o INBETWEENS

what is called begging the question. However Ill humor you yes I will disagree as I like and dislike factors from P2W and nonP2W and to that end find the compromise for myself is Pay for Equality which I described above in the comment you quoted.

Now if you would like a good example of a equal game Guild Wars 2 for all its flaws which I'm not here to argue as everyone and every game has them, has a really good balance in place the max gear is obtainable with reasonable time the max level same.

You can you buy gold in game and get gear to put you on par and pay to craft to 80 in 1 day yes however all the players at 80 are on equal footing and battles are won by skill.

This here is the problem the gear progression in BDO would need changing and levels would need capping to create player equality to bring the game in line with a skill based mmo. This would also require focus on development of more game based content beyond gear and level grinding which in itself is a patch to a already broken game system.

I want it here and now known I am not defending this company or its practices I'm simply posting a logical argument based from a position of someone who has seen the system done correctly.

This does not mean however this game will follow suit. Although the System this game launched with that should have been quite obvious in comparison to other games with the same gear and level systems. If you could not see that from launch promises or not aside then you have much to learn on the methods used in marketing and development in this industry.

I have a business meeting to go to so I'm off but do everyone a favor slow down read what I wrote and think about it. I'm not the enemy here just a customer like you i too paid for my copy of BDO and want the best for the game.

Also this post is not for either of you as its clear you have chosen an answer already and refuse to consider anything else. This post is however for those who are willing to think on this topic with an open mind and consider alternatives. It also does not mean this game will be changed by those alternatives, however industries are shaped by those with ideas solutions and innovation. Those who believe they always have an answer that dont pose a possible solution to others have no answer at all and do nothing but aggravate a problem in need of a real solution.

Simple, argue if you can pose a better way, do not argue if you simply wish to piss into the wind you can do that on your own.

For goodness sake, be quite and grow up.

And while your at it, get rid of that avatar ;(

If you want to keep playing BDO, support your community....................................not the BDO Team because without the community there is no game.

I have just spend 5 hours on a server that is EMPTY, I have seen no more than 20 players all night and never more than one or two in the same place.

So CLEARLY while the BDO team set the game play terms and conditions, it is the community that decides whither or not these are acceptable. 

So CLEARLY the community has SPOKEN..........................................So DEAL with it.

Edited by Phil
1 person likes this

Posted

Daum like 

How to destroy the hole Community:

M-M-M-Monster KILL

2 people like this

Posted

Fair enough. I don't think ur opinion is stupid or ignorant. We just have a conflict of basic interests nothing wrong with that (:

I'm fine to agree to disagree:) I've made some of my best friends that way:)

Posted

Buzz-and-Woody.jpg

go play FF... dont bother us with your stupid opinion

a-salt-ed_m.jpg

Posted

they are silent because they don't give a ----- about the players. 

That's BS, they've always been silent xD

But anyhow, they posted this just before the weekend and @PM_Jouska posted yesterday they would now go through all the posts on here, reddit, blogs, etc. and they'll make a statement. Of course they will make a statement, all MMO companies have done so in the past in the face of such commotion.

Now we just need to see what that statement will be... it's not too late for them to turn around and save face and actually do something good for the western BDO market.

Posted

WHO IS RUNNING KAKAO!? DO YOU EVEN CEO BRO!?

You're stock has plummeted 40% in 2 years, and now your ruining one of the best revenue generators you have going for yourself omg I just can't even, no words can express the sheer and utter stupidity of this decision.

Monday morning Kakao HQ:

Shareholder: Mr kakao our stocks have dropped 40% in 2 years, what are you doing about this disaster

Ceo Of Kakao: Well we're currently in the process of our ruining a game we invested money in and completely tarnishing our name all over the internet

I'm not even joking I've logged onto Wildstar, SWTOR, D3, Overwatch, HOTS, everybody is laughing at this company right now. People who were thinking about trying it out are now running like this game is the plague of the earth. Why do you guys have to ruin a great game, and thanks for selling out Daum screw you guys too

And HOW are you gonna drop this announcement on us and then just go silent!? Wheres the communication!?

yeah bro, calling out kakao team, do you even CEO bro? Do you? Just what kind of audience are you trying to capture? Hardcore, semi casual, under age between 12 to 15? What generation of gamers are you trying to bait in this kind of marketing style? Bro!!! Do you even CEO bro? 

Posted

@PM_Jouska

Hey! I know you probably have a lot to do and answer to etc.
Just wanted to know if we could get an update after all the fuss that has happened?

We will all see on Wednesday then. 

Thanks

Posted

was fun, time to back D3 HC, 

Posted

Seriously you guy's are crying before you see the exchange rate of the cashop items they could be 30-40 mil which is fine cause time is money.

Some people work more while other people no life this game.

The no lifers have no money to buy costumes and other cashop items while the people that work don't have much time to farm silver this way people who farm more can get all the cash shop items they want they just have to spend their silver.

So don't complain yet wait and see what the prices will be it might actually make you happy :) 

Think positive!

3 people like this

Posted

Seriously you guy's are crying before you see the exchange rate of the cashop items they could be 30-40 mil which is fine cause time is money.

The no lifers have no money to buy costumes and other cashop items while the people that work don't have much time to farm silver this way people who farm more can get all the cash shop items they want they just have to spend their silver.

So don't complain yet wait and see what the prices will be it might actually make you happy :) 

Think positive!

If life was that simple, we'd all be happy. Only problem is there is a hell of a lot more to it than that.

1 person likes this

Posted

Think positive!

The exchange rate wouldn't matter unless if it was 1mil per costume sold @ 1- 3 items/month. That's fair.

Posted (edited)

the moment i said wait and see what daum has instore for you guys then got attacked by fanboys and got -rep under my profile

well at least they making it easier to buy kzarka weapons.

Edited by Stealth

Posted

it actually infuriates me what they did to this person for this post, I've 100% lost all my respect for this company now.

+1 to above, it's sad when well thought out and constructive feedback gets removed because "others have derailed the thread".

As for respect, that's something that has to be earned, and so far I would say there is a net deficit.

Daum are about to learn a very important lesson about communication, if you consistently fail to communicate, communicate poorly, or fail to acknowledge feedback in a timely fashion then your community (paid and paying customers - this is a business after all) will return the favour in kind and stop communicating their love of the game by ceasing activity in game, or on forums, withdrawing their support on streams, stopping using the convenience store or by being critical in other fora.

Taking 5 days (and counting) to follow up on their original communication sends some very loud and clear messages to the players, either they have not been able to reach a satisfactory resolution with the management (finance dept.) and are reluctant to let the community know, or they have already made their decision  and are reluctant to be open with the community about it.

I expect we will all find out tomorrow. In the meantime, I have been having fun running updates on a whole heap of other games and think I have decided where my albeit small potato £10 per month will be going to...(and yes its all I can reasonably afford to spend on online activity).

1 person likes this