• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

I was told the game wouldn't become pay to win, that pearls would affect how you looked, not helping you get richer, hence getting you better geared.
So far played this game in good faith, that it would stay away from pay to win, as such was promised before I bought the game.

Look at what p2w did to Skyforge when they made it so p2w players were able to fight not p2w players, 40% of the playerbase left due to that change.
Heck, everyone I played with daily did so, and we even spent alot more on it than a buy+sub would have cost, same for BDO.

If this comes in affect, alot of people will use their right to demand their money back for a product that wasn't what they were promised. Alot of countries in the west have laws to protect their citizens against such behaviour, and laws are placed before terms of service, obviously.

This whole thing may work in the east, but in the west it's frowned upon by most.
We already bought the game, if we wanted our characters/boats/horses to look different we already bought costume(s), if we wanted to stay grinding we already bought extra weight items, etc etc. All this I can defend, even if I don't like it completely, but I enjoy the game so I put money into it (same for any other aspect of my life).

I really want to keep playing this game...but, this change will be the one pushing me out, as it changes things for the worst.
I really hope this wont come in affect, that's all I can hope for.

1 person likes this

Posted

About time. Pearl abyss wants to make money and this is how they will, I don't see an issue with it. Keep it, even without the max of 5 per week. All these people screaming you lied, rip bdo ect ect, were also saying rip bdo when auto loop came in....Just remember whatever you do, good or bad people will cry and complain. Thanks for finally getting this in over in NA.

1 person likes this

Posted

M O N E Y

lol we all need it, and then we spend it, it is a business not a charity and if it was a charity they would be after donations 

chill out, only less than 10 percent of you will leave, no one ever does.....

we complain and we pay i mean play lol

Since day 1 the game changed every week.

Get over it or go away, stop wasting your life on endless battles 

Posted

So many tears man. Most of this thread reads " I am too poor to buy the things I want to buy so I am going to try and complain about it because I am a baby."

I am sure people will reply oh I have the money its just the principle. Load of crap. You're poor and cannot justify spending money you don't have. Money is power, maybe one day you will all learn that. If you cannot afford something then don't buy it, quit -----ing because other people can and will. 

QQ QQ QQ QQ QQ 

u sound like some loser nerd lol ..money is power o rly ? carebear desert online not even worth it. but iam sure u r under the top carebears in the game imao

Posted (edited)

How about this, lets create an NPC you can pay 100 mill to to get a costume. DO NOT DO THIS. This isn't KOREA, this will not fly here....

Edited by RandomBlackGuy
1 person likes this

Posted

gonna stop playing then for sure

Posted

well I take back all my p2w posts...since it's now confirmed. My planned long term player statements in the past...out the door. 109D 10H 16M wasted. FeelsBadMan.

Posted

Thanks for ruining this game for EU/NA. What a shame.

2 people like this

Posted

This is the most amazing game I played and you guys are about to destroy it , I am very disapointed in you guys.

Please do not go with this , do not apply these changes I am begging you , DONT.

1 person likes this

Posted

Wtf Trion you said you were never going to implement this...that's severely disappointing.  Now I have to compete with whales that can sell 5 costume sets every week.

Posted

Good idea, thank you, now  I will be happy with ANY helmet on my face :) I don't care about other players silver  I don't have so much $  to buy costume from pearl shop so im very glad to read that. Many players will come back to game because of this idea, i guess :D ignore these haters please.

Sorry for my bad English:S

And sorry for players that complaining :ph34r:

2 people like this

Posted

No Mans Sky comes out next week. Just saying

1 person likes this

Posted

I haven't had an issue with any of the features you have put onto the pearl shop or the fact that you can sell a select few dyes, but being able to directly sell an item that was paid for with real life currency for in-game currency is just unacceptable.

I really enjoy the game, but this will be the thing that makes me stop playing. 

Please reconsider or find a better alternative because a lot of us are really happy with the current state of the game. You have found ways to work around this in this past I trust you can do it again.

2 people like this

Posted

Why even ask for our oppinion on this when you'll do it anyway ? for some nice forum drama ? to count how many of us care ? ----- YOU and this stupid game. 

People - they are going to do it anyway so we can just stop here ... it's useless. Game was always going to be P2W - I knew it from the start. I just enjoyed it before it got here. 

So ..----- YOU and THE COMPANY ! 

Also thank god for paypal because I'll be getting my money invested in this back. 

I agree 100%, why are you even asking us? It clearly is a move that is screwing over the entire community (even those who are willing to pay $600 a month now have to actually pay that and will have fewer people to play with). This is like a company saying we are increasing your monthly bill by 1000%, please let us know how you feel about that.

If Daum has ANY power over the direction of this game, then you guys need to put your foot down on this move (and tell PA absolutely not). Yes short term profits will go up for your company and potentially long term profits as well, but believe me there will be some people who will never buy a game associated with your company again if this  is implemented.

Posted

I know! Only 306 signatures out of a total 1 million possible signatures. You do know that forums represent ~10% of the game's population right? The cash shop is what dictates how the community feels, if purchases go up then the majority of the community are happy.

I like how you presented a clear and civil argument and didn't resort to insults to get your point across...wait a minute....

no civil argument intended especcially with a first degree ass licker like you,as you never miss a chance to show your attitudes.

take a breath and lick stronger.

1 person likes this

Posted

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers, including Pearl Shop Items.  Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content.  They are open to the community’s feedback and ask you to share your thoughts and concerns about this change.

We have communicated your feedback about such changes and your concern for players potentially being able to invest real money in order to gain an advantage, and in response Pearl Abyss has built limitation mechanics into the game.  Players will be limited to selling five items from the Pearl Shop on the Market Place per week.  This compromise will still provide in game accessibility but restrict how much can be gained via real money investment.

If you want to grant players the ability to enjoy pearl store content just make it purchasable from NPC or Pearl store with silver. Why the heck should you make such a direct link between real money and ingame money if that frustrates all people and you would bring some stupid mechanic to limit it somehow.... Its just the next sand in the eyes thing. Greed

Posted

RIP

Posted

So where are all those cool and nice people saying it is not P2W and we are all dumb, immature, trolls, etc? 
Let me guess, you are whining about P2W, aren`t you? GG 9_9

1 person likes this

Posted

So you cry baby's whine ----- and moan about the value pack, which is not P2W no matter what all you lil sissies claim. NOW Daum or Kapow or whatever they are called, are going to enable all you cry baby's to get pets and costumes and value packs with in game silver, so you do not have to spend money you ain't got, or do not wanna spend. Guess what folks, this is still not P2W, do any of you know how hard getting tet or pen is? Sure very few will, just means some will spend a great deal of money just to fail more times, lol. You should be happy you can do this now. No matter what the company does, you all are gonna ----- moan and complain, no matter what.

Posted

I'm just sitting here like, "Meh". I mean really, I don't see this as a big deal at all. 

The day this forum sees me start screaming "P2W" is the day we see boss gear or higher in the pearl shop along with blackstones bundles with a quantity of 100 for 15-30 dollars.

You married yet?

Posted

Posted

My perspective on the game: I absolutely love BDO, I've spent countless hours playing and enjoying it and have been more than happy to support Daum/Kakao/PA up to this point.

My perspective on the Pearl Shop up to this point: I've been fine with everything so far, including the Value Pack which I believe to be a fine addition to the game, despite popular opinion.

My perspective on this change: I think that this is absolutely unacceptable, regardless of limitations on silver price, number of allowed listings, or any other factor. With Silver being such an important commodity in the game, allowing one to acquire the best gear possible, it's simply not reasonable to allow this level of advantage to be obtained through spending real money.

I honestly never thought I would say this, but if this change does go through I will, 100%, stop playing the game. Despite having invested hundreds of hours into BDO over the last few months and the huge amount of distress and sadness it would cause me to do so. I simply can't stand for something like this being introduced. Up to this point I've dismissed the "slippery slope" arguments, but now that we're to the point of it no longer being a slippery slope and real money advantage becoming a reality, the buck stops here.

Please Kakao, for the sake of myself and all the others who enjoy this wonderful game, don't ruin it for so many by bringing an obviously unwanted feature into the game.

I appreciate you taking the time to read this and I hope that my feedback alongside others will help you to avoid a grave mistake.

1 person likes this

Posted

And I'm gone. Going back to FFXIV. Combat might not be as awesome but subscription based MMOs is where it's at. Screw this P2W crap and overpriced cash shop. Good job guys selling all those copies of BDO, have fun when no ones playing. 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I do think Daum is partly giving us this information so they can show PA our reactions to this news and maybe make them make a change. But believe me when I say this, if there is a direct conversion from $ to in-game silver such as outlined in the original post, me and most of my entire guild will be leaving BDO. 

Edited by Mykro

Posted

This was pretty stupid :/