• Announcements

• IMPORTANT - REACH US IN THE NEW FORUM   05/04/2017

Ladies and gentlemen ATTENTION please:
      It's time to move into a new house!
        As previously announced, from now on IT WON'T BE POSSIBLE TO CREATE THREADS OR REPLY in the old forums. From now on the old forums will be readable only. If you need to move/copy/migrate any post/material from here, feel free to contact the staff in the new home. We’ll be waiting for you in the NEW Forums!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php

*New features and amazing tools are waiting for you, even more is yet to come in the future.. just like world exploration in BDO leads to new possibilities.
      So don't be afraid about changes, click the link above and follow us!
      Enjoy and see you on the other side!  
    • WICHTIG: Das Forum ist umgezogen!   05/04/2017

Damen und Herren, wir bitten um Eure Aufmerksamkeit, es ist an der Zeit umzuziehen!
        Wie wir bereits angekündigt hatten, ist es ab sofort nicht mehr möglich, neue Diskussionen in diesem Forum zu starten. Um Euch Zeit zu geben, laufende Diskussionen abzuschließen, könnt Ihr noch für zwei Wochen in offenen Diskussionen antworten. Danach geht dieses Forum hier in den Ruhestand und das NEUE FORUM übernimmt vollständig.
      Das Forum hier bleibt allerdings erhalten und lesbar.   Neue und verbesserte Funktionen warten auf Euch im neuen Forum und wir arbeiten bereits an weiteren Erweiterungen.
      Wir sehen uns auf der anderen Seite!

https://community.blackdesertonline.com/index.php Update:
      Wie angekündigt könen ab sofort in diesem Forum auch keine neuen Beiträge mehr veröffentlicht werden.
    • IMPORTANT: Le nouveau forum   05/04/2017

Aventurières, aventuriers, votre attention s'il vous plaît, il est grand temps de déménager!
      Comme nous vous l'avons déjà annoncé précédemment, il n'est désormais plus possible de créer de nouveau sujet ni de répondre aux anciens sur ce bon vieux forum.
      Venez visiter le nouveau forum!
      https://community.blackdesertonline.com
      De nouvelles fonctionnalités ainsi que de nouveaux outils vous attendent dès à présent et d'autres arriveront prochainement! N'ayez pas peur du changement et rejoignez-nous! Amusez-vous bien et a bientôt dans notre nouveau chez nous

[Updated] In-Game accessibility to Pearl Shop Items

6,514 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry guys I'm really confuse here, just correct me if I`m wrong...

This upcoming changes will allow players that play 24/7 buy items from the cash shop with ingame money.

At the same time player who don`t have time to play 24/7 and only 3 hours every sunday like me can buy the same items with real money, still I have to level up my character like the players that can play 24/7.

Honest question: Can anyone explain me where is the problem ?

I've been playing eve online for years, and when they introduced the PLEXs that was a god send to me, I don`t need to mine asteroids or doing missions for months to buy a carrier.

I fail to see how this changes can be bad for the game sorry.

Unlike EvE, you do not lose everything on death. Unlike EvE, the game was not out for 5 years before doing this. Unlike EvE, the economy in this game is utter crap. Unlike EvE, the vertical progression doesn't even out fairly quickly. Unlike EvE, everything about gear progression is RNG. All these things play into why it is ok in EvE and not ok in this game.

1 person likes this

Posted

Greetings Adventurers,

Today we are writing you to provide insight into a new mechanic you can expect to see next week, following the normally scheduled maintenance. As many of you are aware, the Value Package was recently introduced to our Pearl Store. After detailed discussions with the Developers at Pearl Abyss, it has been decided that the Value Pack as well as other Pearl Shop Items will be made available via the Market Place over the next series of updates. 

- Players might be allowed to register maximum of 5 Pearl Shop Items per week on the Market Place.

We understand that this change will spark discussions, and have asked Pearl Abyss to share their thoughts behind this decision.

Pearl Abyss considers in-game accessibility to Pearl Items necessary in Black Desert.

Regardless of the region, there will always be players who, for whatever reason, do not get to experience all the features Black Desert offers including Pearl Shop Items. Adding a mechanic that grants access to Pearl Shop Items with in game currency will allow more players to enjoy such content more easily.

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

We are open to the community’s feedback and we encourage you to share your thoughts and concerns in a constructive manner on this change.  

NOTE: The previous announcement has been polished in order to deliver and clarify the intention better.

I, for one, will be returning to the game with this patch. I can't look forward to it enough.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how much each person who is For/Against this has spent on the game. I wonder if people who spent more for their personal accounts are all for this or if it's mainly people who haven't spent much who don't want it. (Note: I'm not criticizing either side, I'm just interested to see if there's any correlation.)

Sorry guys I'm really confuse here, just correct me if I`m wrong...

This upcoming changes will allow players that play 24/7 buy items from the cash shop with ingame money.

At the same time player who don`t have time to play 24/7 and only 3 hours every sunday like me can buy the same items with real money, still I have to level up my character like the players that can play 24/7.

Honest question: Can anyone explain me where is the problem ?

I've been playing eve online for years, and when they introduced the PLEXs that was a god send to me, I don`t need to mine asteroids or doing missions for months to buy a carrier.

I fail to see how this changes can be bad for the game sorry.

The problem is the anti-"P2W" crowd. Essentially, they feel that everything should be earned in-game and you should not be able to buy your way forward. It's a viewpoint that I wholeheartedly understand.

To add to what you were saying; In a game like this, where everything takes a long time to do, it's a nightmare to a new player 6 months or more down the line. That's where this cash shop system and selling cash items really shines. It gives the new guys or people who don't have time to play a boost so they can actually keep up with their friends. The other side of the coin, however, is that people with excessive amounts of money can literally get the best gear in the game immediately. This makes people feel like they didn't earn it and thus, shouldn't have it. When you've spent hundreds of hours grinding, it's quite frustrating for this to happen.

I understand the argument, the frustration, the feeling of betrayal. All of that is justified. People don't have to be quite as toxic as some of them are being, though. Regardless of how toxic they are being, they have a point. This game wasn't officially marketed as 'non-p2w', but it was very strongly implied.

That said, I do support this mechanic being implemented. I will be returning to the game with this patch.

Posted (edited)

I, for one, will be returning to the game with this patch. I can't look forward to it enough.

Out of curiosity, I'd like to see how much each person who is For/Against this has spent on the game. I wonder if people who spent more for their personal accounts are all for this or if it's mainly people who haven't spent much who don't want it. (Note: I'm not criticizing either side, I'm just interested to see if there's any correlation.)

I pay plenty of my duckets to the cash shop and am 100% against this change. 

Though it is possible that you just don't come to the forums, everytime I see someone "pro-p2w" they have low post contribution counts, no pics and nothing that ties them to the community on their account. I'd be interested in seeing the correlation of people who haven't really contributed in a meaningful way and their sudden willingness to add 2 cents to completely muck it up.

You are also incorrect. Daum tooted its horn really loudly that there would not be pay 2 win in BDO.  The game was marketed as non-p2w, the b2p option that didn't need those antics to survive.  There is a video a few pages back that will show and support exactly that.  

Edited by Trixologist
1 person likes this

Posted

We expect your resignation after this Jouska. You spineless bastard.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Isn't it absolutely hilarious that we haven't heard a reply from GMs or CMs since? 
Yet they have the audacity to post a pre patch Aug the 10th announcement :))))

Edited by Lucianna

Posted

Is there a chance to fight for a refund? I'm pretty sure this is false advertising, or does that not matter if absolutely no refunds allowed are stated in their terms? 

Posted (edited)

Is there a chance to fight for a refund? I'm pretty sure this is false advertising, or does that not matter if absolutely no refunds allowed are stated in their terms? 

for 72 hours after purchase you're eligible for a refund of the game iirc. More than that would be doubtful. 

Edited by aidlac

Posted (edited)

for 72 hours you're eligible for a refund of the game iirc. More than that would be doubtful. 

Just trying to understand the legalities here. Despite being shady and deceitful, this is entirely legal? I'm sure many people decided to purchase this game based on their promise that this game isn't and will never be P2W. It's possible they intentionally lied from before release to gain more sales.

Edit: The tricky part is technically they weren't lying up until now. Its very vague, and I have little idea how the the law works in these situations. I don't really care about me, I just wish they could be forced to give refunds to anyone who asks in response to this fiasco. I don't want these scum to get away with this, and I don't want this to set a precedent. 

Edited by Apav
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Just trying to understand the legalities here. Despite being shady and deceitful, this is entirely legal? I'm sure many people decided to purchase this game based on their promise that this game isn't and won't ever be P2W. It's possible they intentionally lied from before release to gain more sales. 

Within 72 hours of buying the game you are eligible for a refund if you want, yes. I'm 100% sure I saw that when I checked their support page/zendesk earlier today. 

As to asking for a refund any further back than that, I can't help ya. Due to ppl claiming it not being legal :) Read the forums and google around a bit I guess and you'd be able to find if it is legal or not. 

Edited by aidlac

Posted

It's Wednesday, no reply? :c

Posted

They gunna have to up the drop rates on EVERYTHING in the game now lol... the AH will be completely empty now xDwith all this money going around

Posted

you can if you used paypal

Posted

Game is full of hackers , and you people worried about P2W , posted what i found on youtube yesterday and they deleted my post without explanation is this true and there was no patch , i dont think that is fixed :

Posted

Game is full of hackers , and you people worried about P2W , posted what i found on youtube yesterday and they deleted my post without explanation is this true and there was no patch , i dont think that is fixed :

Sorry to break it to you, but this is fake. *sad face*

Posted

Games are art. They allways have been, and allways will be.

Entire post is based on an assertion that is definitively false. Disregard.

Posted (edited)

I will be happy if its fake! Can you explain  me how it's FAKE all i see its live server, other ppl running around, how they done all this animation please explain  ?

I will be happy if its fake!

Edited by Boyan

Posted

A guy that quit the game in May is not what I would consider Rant Worthy. 

Others however... that actually plays this game have some good rants out there.

Posted

keep-calm-and-pay-to-win-4.png

Posted

QQ city, the game is still good, enjoy it for what it is.

Posted

Don't see much pay to win here, it only hinges on how much the pricing of the sellable costumes are. If it's anything like the KR screenshot of 100mil for a costume then yea that's pretty f.u.c.k.e.d. Most people I've found are idiotic with their opinion first clamoring about P2W because they couldn't get it from the cash shop, now they're whining and crying that it's P2W because people can sell it and they can actually get it now. Double standard much?

Other than that, there's no real big issue here except for the opaque information about what the pricing is going to be on NA if they put it in. Which I have no idea why they wouldn't share that info because that'll literally slay the game or keep it alive depending on how much.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

For the same reason, the players of other regions like Korea, Japan and Russia are preferring those features since it allows them better accessibility to Pearl Shop Items.

Funny part is, for this reason, players that played in KR abandoned theyr characters over there, to play a NO P2W version of the game 

ggggggggggg.gif

Edited by WinningFob
2 people like this

Posted

They said cs items would not be sold in AH. Enough proof even in this thread multiple links to it. 

We let them sell the dyes indirectly. And technically costumes and pets are indirect as well. Cause u need to take them out of the box most likely. Dunno actually how valuepacks will work.

For me it will become p2w when ppl can weekly convert 100m+ out of real monney.

Where will it end? That's the main issue here. Depending on their communication I will quit tomorrow or keep on playing.

But no more irl monney if they implement even one item from CS in AH regardless how many or how much it will cost. Cause then they break the trust in their decision making and communication again. Cause again, where is this gonna end?

They did promise more then once. And majority kept saying: Ok fine. Now majority clearly says: No, enough.

Where will it end is for me the main issue. My support monney ends tomorrow most likely and maybe I'll quit all together.

Fool me once...

I don't spend much to support them like €30/m. But it's what I max want to spend monthly on one particular game for entertainment.

Grtz.

show me an official post were they said it ("no p2w" or "cash shop items will never be available in the market place")  multiple links? where? 

Posted

Don't see much pay to win here, it only hinges on how much the pricing of the sellable costumes are. If it's anything like the KR screenshot of 100mil for a costume then yea that's pretty f.u.c.k.e.d. Most people I've found are idiotic with their opinion first clamoring about P2W because they couldn't get it from the cash shop, now they're whining and crying that it's P2W because people can sell it and they can actually get it now. Double standard much?

Other than that, there's no real big issue here except for the opaque information about what the pricing is going to be on NA if they put it in. Which I have no idea why they wouldn't share that info because that'll literally slay the game or keep it alive depending on how much.

Its not at all double standard. How does selling costumes for ingame cash fix anything for those that dont want to pay more money after the initial purchase for a big advantage ingame? It is warranted that people ask for a milage alternative to gain 1 costume, since the benefits are so good they are a big incentive to throw money at it.

And there is no real big issue? It is a big issue that they give contraticting information to their consumers that have an economical impact on everyone. You say double standard much, but you dont care about the double standards of Kakao?

You make no sense. Keep your head in the sand man..

Posted

source? 

Posted

source? 

source ? wtf how retarded are you? It just replaces simple onscreen value textures. 100% fake&bullshit.

1 person likes this